Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Night clubs The worst place you been to 22:39 - Jun 8 with 33243 viewsBanned4ever

corkies (middleton)

the vic (heywood )

pips (machester
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:42 - Jun 8 with 18329 viewsColDale

used to go to one in Bradford called Champagnes, which was some dodgy cellar thing. It seemed like we were the only people ever in there and it was probably a front for some other business as it clearly made no money. We even had the DJ come to us to take requests. Loved the place.

The Vic was always fun before nights at the Civic Centre. Is it still going?
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:50 - Jun 8 with 18316 viewsClivert

I never got why people used to travel from wide and far for a night out at Nemesis.

One of the best nights I spent in there was listening to Neil Edwards telling me what a good bloke Graham Barrow was!
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:56 - Jun 8 with 18310 views442Dale

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:50 - Jun 8 by Clivert

I never got why people used to travel from wide and far for a night out at Nemesis.

One of the best nights I spent in there was listening to Neil Edwards telling me what a good bloke Graham Barrow was!

Nemesis was alright for the first couple of months. Steve Parkin liked the place.

Especially when asked about Dave Bayliss.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 23:01 - Jun 8 with 18286 viewsClivert

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:56 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

Nemesis was alright for the first couple of months. Steve Parkin liked the place.

Especially when asked about Dave Bayliss.

Aye, Parkin and Ford were often in there on Thursdays.

Fookin hell! I must have been keen going in there on a Thursday!
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 23:18 - Jun 8 with 18264 viewsrochedale

Nemesis was a complete pain, we only used to go cos my pals Shane and Adam used to be the dancers... 'Bus Stop'

Xanado's was great, no matter how much we used to slag it off at the time, always a good night was had.

I remember going to a nightclub in Blackpool and sending a message back to lads that were in the minibus behind us, telling them that the nightclub was called 'Main Entrance'... still to this day I am not sure whether or not that it was the name of the place or just simply the banner above the front door.... A good night it was nonetheless.

Oldham was always shite... but seeing dudes on stilts prancing round the Hacienda will be one I will never forget... Oh the days....

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 23:39 - Jun 8 with 18243 viewsTVOS1907

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 22:42 - Jun 8 by ColDale

used to go to one in Bradford called Champagnes, which was some dodgy cellar thing. It seemed like we were the only people ever in there and it was probably a front for some other business as it clearly made no money. We even had the DJ come to us to take requests. Loved the place.

The Vic was always fun before nights at the Civic Centre. Is it still going?

'The DJ'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:09 - Jun 9 with 18219 viewspl56

Anyone remember the Richmond in Heywood ?
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:20 - Jun 9 with 18207 viewsroccydaleian

Lamplighters. Nuff said.
Login to get fewer ads

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:21 - Jun 9 with 18208 viewsTVOS1907

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:20 - Jun 9 by roccydaleian

Lamplighters. Nuff said.

Where the frig was that?

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:26 - Jun 9 with 18199 viewsroccydaleian

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:21 - Jun 9 by TVOS1907

Where the frig was that?

If i remember correctly,it was a seedy,little nightclub near the gas works in Rochdale.
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:29 - Jun 9 with 18196 viewsTVOS1907

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:26 - Jun 9 by roccydaleian

If i remember correctly,it was a seedy,little nightclub near the gas works in Rochdale.

That explains it then.

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 00:33 - Jun 9 with 18185 viewsShun

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 23:18 - Jun 8 by rochedale

Nemesis was a complete pain, we only used to go cos my pals Shane and Adam used to be the dancers... 'Bus Stop'

Xanado's was great, no matter how much we used to slag it off at the time, always a good night was had.

I remember going to a nightclub in Blackpool and sending a message back to lads that were in the minibus behind us, telling them that the nightclub was called 'Main Entrance'... still to this day I am not sure whether or not that it was the name of the place or just simply the banner above the front door.... A good night it was nonetheless.

Oldham was always shite... but seeing dudes on stilts prancing round the Hacienda will be one I will never forget... Oh the days....

Haha, love that 3rd paragraph.
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 03:59 - Jun 9 with 18148 viewsdownunder

Lamplighters. Nuff said.

Agree, that it was a dive.
Still had some good nights out there. Cheap booze(Sam Smiths?) probably the reason. My mate went out with the owners daughter for a while, so we often ended up there. Also had one of our best gigs ever there, as support for Accident on the East Lancs Road. Packed to the doors when we played, place emptied out after 2 of their songs. Had to endure the rest of their set as our gear was still set up.
Anyone else go to the gigs there?

Edit. Yes I remember the Richmond.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 08:01 - Jun 9 with 18126 viewsgwnobull

Lamplighters. Nuff said.

Ahh the tramplighters used to go monday nights even cheper beer than usual gas heater in middle of dance floor as well......

Chamber house was always a waste of time and the moorcock was always a pain to get to Tiffanys was always a laugh and who could forget the Carlton
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 08:54 - Jun 9 with 18103 viewselectricblue

Lamplighters. Nuff said.

Ah remember it well truly a dive..
Pips was also a dump.
But two spring to mind but their names escape me.
One just outside heywood in that big house..
Then that shite hole in oldham near the taxi rank..
Oh another in blackpool called Bunters..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 09:38 - Jun 9 with 18080 viewsBanned4ever

The vic pub is shut the basement club been shut over 10yrs.

I was once hit over the jaw with a broken pool que by a bouncer .at the vic
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 09:44 - Jun 9 with 18074 viewsBanned4ever

Richmonds in Heywood yea use to get in there underage learnt this dance

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 10:12 - Jun 9 with 18035 viewsgwnobull

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 08:54 - Jun 9 by electricblue

Pips was also a dump.

Chamber house was just outside Heywood
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 10:15 - Jun 9 with 18033 viewsSuddenLad

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 08:54 - Jun 9 by electricblue

Pips was also a dump.

Chamber House, Rochdale Road East. A dump in decent surroundings. At least in daylight.

Lamplighter on Dane Street. The only club I can remember where you had to wipe your feet before leaving.

'Ray's Place' where the Ratcliffe Arms/Dale Bar is. Owned by one-time Piccadilly Radio DJ Ray Teret. Shocking beer (Vaux ?) no atmosphere and another 'soggy carpet' venue. Stunk of disinfectant - unless that was the beer !

Banjo's on Cheetham Hill Road, 1973. The 'business end' of a 12 bore was pushed through the hatch in the front door, as a 'greeting'. Not the sort of place you want to visit twice.

There's been some bad 'uns down the years that's for sure.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 10:43 - Jun 9 with 18009 viewsThe_DJ

Lamplighter Club in Rochdale.
Anyone remember it ?
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 11:13 - Jun 9 with 17993 viewsBanned4ever

Banjos was that near the c.i.s building yardy/raster place decent totty in there

I use to also go Broosters near picidilly train station
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 12:54 - Jun 9 with 17945 viewsroccydaleian

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 03:59 - Jun 9 by downunder

Agree, that it was a dive.
Still had some good nights out there. Cheap booze(Sam Smiths?) probably the reason. My mate went out with the owners daughter for a while, so we often ended up there. Also had one of our best gigs ever there, as support for Accident on the East Lancs Road. Packed to the doors when we played, place emptied out after 2 of their songs. Had to endure the rest of their set as our gear was still set up.
Anyone else go to the gigs there?

Edit. Yes I remember the Richmond.

What was the band you were in called? Used to go to a few gigs down there watching my mates band Voltage.
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 13:03 - Jun 9 with 17930 viewsFred_Talbot

The Candlelight - Oldham
Henry Afikka's - Oldham
Chamber House - Heywood
Candy Peel - Heywood
Rotters - Manchester
Mannings (Jacques) Wine Bar - Middleton
Hippos - Middleton
The Amber Club - Newton Heath
PSV - Hulme
Baldy Bob's - Failsworth
Osbourne/Thunderdome - Newton Heath

I've been in some right shitholes in my time!

Where's Fred?

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 14:05 - Jun 9 with 17898 viewsgwnobull

Night clubs The worst place you been to on 13:03 - Jun 9 by Fred_Talbot

The Candlelight - Oldham
Henry Afikka's - Oldham
Chamber House - Heywood
Candy Peel - Heywood
Rotters - Manchester
Mannings (Jacques) Wine Bar - Middleton
Hippos - Middleton
The Amber Club - Newton Heath
PSV - Hulme
Baldy Bob's - Failsworth
Osbourne/Thunderdome - Newton Heath

I've been in some right shitholes in my time!

oh i remember the first 2 on your list had some good times in Hery Afrikas to be fair
Night clubs The worst place you been to on 14:41 - Jun 9 with 17872 viewsstuartcryer

Lamplighters. Nuff said.

ah yes alway s remember grab a granny night in there good heating even if it was on dance floor. what about the lydgate?

wardle blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024