Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune 18:41 - Jan 5 with 1907 viewsNinco

Just been looking at the average league 2 attendances. For the 3 years before we went up to league 1, we got average home attendances of 3443, 3273 & 3340. This year, the average so far is 2309. That's about 1000 fans less at every home game. If we play 23 home games a year, plus say a couple of cup games making it 25 games a season, that's 25000 tickets we haven't sold, costing us half a million pounds a year, then we are also not getting the money those people would have spent at the ground.

People say that the club can't afford to get rid of Coleman because of the money they would have to pay in compensation, but how much will it cost us to keep him on that basis?
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 1609 viewsWalboro

Coleman is saving me a fortune and even more money after watching that shite today.
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 1602 viewselectricblue

Whoosh......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 1591 viewsdeeplishblue

I missed the game today by choice. First time I have done that since the Barrow era. Don't think I will be buying a season ticket next year the way things stand.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 1586 viewsAtThePeake

And what if the next man comes in and is unable to get consistently good results playing an attractive brand of football, which is, in all honesty, pretty likely, like Mr. Hill did?

The crowds stay the same and the board lose money.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:01 - Jan 5 with 1520 viewsNinco

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:49 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

And what if the next man comes in and is unable to get consistently good results playing an attractive brand of football, which is, in all honesty, pretty likely, like Mr. Hill did?

The crowds stay the same and the board lose money.

Well at least the board will have given it a try. If they sit back and do nothing, and Coleman takes us down, they will then be wondering what might have happened if they had changed the manager.

I watch a lot of conference football and it seems a lot harder to get out of that league than it does in our division. Unlike the football league, it's not dictated by which clubs have money and which don't. No clubs have money. They survive on gates of around 500 which doesn't even pay for the cost of the ground in some cases. The entrance fee is lower but to compete, you need to employ semi pro players, so there's still a wage bill to pay with less money than we are used to. I just feel that if we go down to that level, we will not come back from it, and we may not even be able to afford to keep Spotland and could even go out of business.
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:20 - Jan 5 with 1460 viewsinthenet

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:49 - Jan 5 by deeplishblue

I missed the game today by choice. First time I have done that since the Barrow era. Don't think I will be buying a season ticket next year the way things stand.

Paid £25 today on a family ticket today sorry but that's the last time I watch that tripe again this season.

Rastrickblue

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:26 - Jan 5 with 1438 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:01 - Jan 5 by Ninco

Well at least the board will have given it a try. If they sit back and do nothing, and Coleman takes us down, they will then be wondering what might have happened if they had changed the manager.

I watch a lot of conference football and it seems a lot harder to get out of that league than it does in our division. Unlike the football league, it's not dictated by which clubs have money and which don't. No clubs have money. They survive on gates of around 500 which doesn't even pay for the cost of the ground in some cases. The entrance fee is lower but to compete, you need to employ semi pro players, so there's still a wage bill to pay with less money than we are used to. I just feel that if we go down to that level, we will not come back from it, and we may not even be able to afford to keep Spotland and could even go out of business.

Really? I was under the impression pretty much every Blue Square Prem team was professional now.

If the league isn't dictated by which clubs have money and which don't surely we'll have a better chance of doing well in it, as have many others have pointed out, the budget is making a massive difference as to how well we are doing in relation to other teams in this league.

Also, I'd argue that you're talking nonsense. Three highest average attendances in the league are from Grimsby, Wrexham and Luton.

Grimsby are currently 1st.
Wrexham are currently 2nd.
Luton are currently 6th.

After that, Stockport (who are struggling for money regardless of attendances) have the 4th highest attendances, and then Newport are 5th, and are sitting in 3rd place in the league.

So yeah.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:39 - Jan 5 with 1399 viewsNinco

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:26 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Really? I was under the impression pretty much every Blue Square Prem team was professional now.

If the league isn't dictated by which clubs have money and which don't surely we'll have a better chance of doing well in it, as have many others have pointed out, the budget is making a massive difference as to how well we are doing in relation to other teams in this league.

Also, I'd argue that you're talking nonsense. Three highest average attendances in the league are from Grimsby, Wrexham and Luton.

Grimsby are currently 1st.
Wrexham are currently 2nd.
Luton are currently 6th.

After that, Stockport (who are struggling for money regardless of attendances) have the 4th highest attendances, and then Newport are 5th, and are sitting in 3rd place in the league.

So yeah.

If you are going to comment, you should at least read the post first. The three attendances I was referring to are for the three years we were in league 2 prior to getting promoted to show the differences between the attendances under Hill and the attendances under Coleman. The only reference I made to non-league attendances were for the particular games I have attended, which were around the 500 mark. I can't comment on clubs like Lincoln or Wrexham as I go to local games and not matches at the other end of the country.

Also, you miss the point about clubs in non league not having a big budget. It means that every team in the league has a chance of being promoted, making it harder for us to get out of there. People are under the impression that if a league club gets relegated to non league, they will keep their players and come straight back up again, but that simply doesn't happen. The players will want to stay league players and will leave in their droves. It would mean starting again.

As for Blue Square Premier players being professional, have you seen the pay they are on? It is certainly nothing like the wages our players are on and in some cases, it is barely enough to live on. The average I believe is £250, which after tax and deductions is peanuts.
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:49 - Jan 5 with 1360 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:39 - Jan 5 by Ninco

If you are going to comment, you should at least read the post first. The three attendances I was referring to are for the three years we were in league 2 prior to getting promoted to show the differences between the attendances under Hill and the attendances under Coleman. The only reference I made to non-league attendances were for the particular games I have attended, which were around the 500 mark. I can't comment on clubs like Lincoln or Wrexham as I go to local games and not matches at the other end of the country.

Also, you miss the point about clubs in non league not having a big budget. It means that every team in the league has a chance of being promoted, making it harder for us to get out of there. People are under the impression that if a league club gets relegated to non league, they will keep their players and come straight back up again, but that simply doesn't happen. The players will want to stay league players and will leave in their droves. It would mean starting again.

As for Blue Square Premier players being professional, have you seen the pay they are on? It is certainly nothing like the wages our players are on and in some cases, it is barely enough to live on. The average I believe is £250, which after tax and deductions is peanuts.

I wasn't referring to the Rochdale attendances you used, I was referring to your so called knowledge of Conference football.

Which local teams have you seen that get attendances of 500 in the Conference? Out of interest purely.

I haven't seen the pay they are on, but they are not semi-pro's like you say.

I'm not saying that if we went down (which we definitely won't) that we'll keep hold of our players and would go back up due to our league status, but the points you are making are either not true or not relevant to us.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 1339 viewsNinco

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:49 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

I wasn't referring to the Rochdale attendances you used, I was referring to your so called knowledge of Conference football.

Which local teams have you seen that get attendances of 500 in the Conference? Out of interest purely.

I'm not saying that if we went down (which we definitely won't) that we'll keep hold of our players and would go back up due to our league status, but the points you are making are either not true or not relevant to us.

Well if it's not relevant, why have you bothered commenting on it?
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 1331 viewsSaxonDale

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:49 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

You can't say we definitely won't get relegated until we get the 50 points required, especially if our current form is replicated for the rest of the season.
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:53 - Jan 5 with 1327 views442Dale

Which are the teams that pay 250 a week? Presumably the Hydes of this world?

Would hazard a guess that there's not much difference between the wages at most of the ex league sides and clubs like Dale. Luton will probably be paying Shaw the best wage of his career.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:55 - Jan 5 with 1317 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:51 - Jan 5 by Ninco

Well if it's not relevant, why have you bothered commenting on it?

Because you've made the point in the first place, I'm just pointing out how irrelevant to us it is.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 20:00 - Jan 5 with 1297 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:55 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Because you've made the point in the first place, I'm just pointing out how irrelevant to us it is.

Luton and Grimsby will have bigger budgets than we have, Wrexham may well have as well.

Hyde are having a great season on a really small budget - maybe they have a good manager!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 20:06 - Jan 5 with 1279 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 20:00 - Jan 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Luton and Grimsby will have bigger budgets than we have, Wrexham may well have as well.

Hyde are having a great season on a really small budget - maybe they have a good manager!!!!

Which shows that budgets do make a difference in the Blue Square, proving my point.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 20:15 - Jan 5 with 1250 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 20:06 - Jan 5 by AtThePeake

Which shows that budgets do make a difference in the Blue Square, proving my point.

Obviously budgets make a huge difference - anyone that says not does not understand - I agree ATP

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 00:24 - Jan 6 with 1164 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:39 - Jan 5 by Ninco

I find it hard to believe the average wage in the BSP is £250, especially when you see clubs like Fleetwood coming into the league with the squad they had.

The likes of Hyde and Southport are now the extremes rather than the norm in that league.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:00 - Jan 6 with 1132 viewsdingdangblue

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 19:52 - Jan 5 by SaxonDale

You can't say we definitely won't get relegated until we get the 50 points required, especially if our current form is replicated for the rest of the season.

Our current form of 6pts from the last 5 games would keep us up easy.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:32 - Jan 6 with 1111 viewsSaxonDale

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:00 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

But our current form of 6 points from the last 9 games wouldn't.
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:41 - Jan 6 with 1100 viewsDaleFan7

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:32 - Jan 6 by SaxonDale

6 points from 27 available. Relegation form, anyone who says it isn't is dumb and at the moment, can't see it turning around.
Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 14:47 - Jan 6 with 999 viewsdingdangblue

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:32 - Jan 6 by SaxonDale

you can make stats work whatever way you like and to suit whether you are for or against Coleman. After the Bradford game we'd won 2 out of 3 which is great form. After yesterday we'd lost 2 from 2 which is rubbish form. I'd rather take our overall form of 36 points from 27 games which will see us stay up with 61 points

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 15:05 - Jan 6 with 973 viewsBlueDutch

The old adage of form is temporary and class is forever seems to be in reversal at the moment. I believe we have the makings of play off capable squad, that with 3 additional players could be pushing the top 3. But, the manager has obviously lost the plot and is trying to play like Barcelona with Dale players and it doesn't work. The players are not on the same wavelength as the manager and have lost faith in both themselves and him. Body language on the pitch is awful and the managers inability to change things, to give his side a chance of taking anything from a game at home, is always too little too late. With 10 minutes to go we were still taking short goal kicks and giving the ball away, yet it never dawned on Coleman to change it, despite our inability to get the ball out of our own half. It beggars belief. I have never felt so deflated, at least with past teams the effort was there, even if the skill wasn't.

upthedale.nl

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 15:57 - Jan 6 with 923 viewsinthenet

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 01:00 - Jan 6 by dingdangblue

I want us pushing on not settling for staying in this league...

Rastrickblue

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 16:18 - Jan 6 with 893 viewssweetcorn

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 15:57 - Jan 6 by inthenet

I want us pushing on not settling for staying in this league...

But surely you can see that for a club like ours on a limited budget it's going to take time to build a sucessful side, as we don't have the ability to willy wave and outbid other clubs for the divisions best talent. A good example of building a team from young blood and allowing it to progress is crewe, they have spent very little money, but are now a decent league one outfit, aswel as having a huge transfer fee from Nick Powell.

What Hill did was nothing short of a footballing miracle, he managed to deliver us success instantly, with no money and got the best out of players who up until coming to rochdale had been average at best along with some astute loan signings. However Hill was a once in a lifetime type manager and we are unlikely to be lucky enough to get strike gold with an untested manager who can deliver the unthinkable.

This team has only been together for half a season and is just the starting point, i'm happy to let JC continue to build this squad into a top team, as surely you can't deny the squad contains some talent. So maybe you should be more patient and see if success will come.

What is your suggestion inthenet, continue sacking managers that don't get us promotion first season until the club is extinct?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 833 viewsinthenet

Coleman Is Costing Us A Fortune on 16:18 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

But surely you can see that for a club like ours on a limited budget it's going to take time to build a sucessful side, as we don't have the ability to willy wave and outbid other clubs for the divisions best talent. A good example of building a team from young blood and allowing it to progress is crewe, they have spent very little money, but are now a decent league one outfit, aswel as having a huge transfer fee from Nick Powell.

What Hill did was nothing short of a footballing miracle, he managed to deliver us success instantly, with no money and got the best out of players who up until coming to rochdale had been average at best along with some astute loan signings. However Hill was a once in a lifetime type manager and we are unlikely to be lucky enough to get strike gold with an untested manager who can deliver the unthinkable.

This team has only been together for half a season and is just the starting point, i'm happy to let JC continue to build this squad into a top team, as surely you can't deny the squad contains some talent. So maybe you should be more patient and see if success will come.

What is your suggestion inthenet, continue sacking managers that don't get us promotion first season until the club is extinct?

A lot of sense said but we have the best strikers in my opinion in this league ,we just do not have wingers to serve them or system to generate chances.
Anyone with pace and the ability to cross the ball would have seen us up by three goals HT .. My opinion

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024