Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
youth team v pie eaters 19:12 - Apr 28 with 2445 viewsmad4it

might pop along on wednesday

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/13-04-27-latics-through-to-lfa-youth-c
youth team v pie eaters on 20:30 - Apr 28 with 2392 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Kuba kuba.......bring em on.
youth team v pie eaters on 20:32 - Apr 28 with 2374 viewsSalwaDale

Pie eaters at Rochdale, very much doubt it.

We'll have run out by half time.

TBBT

youth team v pie eaters on 20:46 - Apr 28 with 2339 viewsThreeLions

Im sure John Doolan will be having a pie
youth team v pie eaters on 12:42 - Apr 30 with 2243 viewsmad4it

do you think there will be any programs on sale
youth team v pie eaters on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 2201 views100notout

It would be nice to know what time kick off was - perhaps if I look on the official site .......................

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

youth team v pie eaters on 15:00 - Apr 30 with 2158 viewsChaffRAFC

My mate's text me saying that the kickoff is 2pm.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

youth team v pie eaters on 15:02 - Apr 30 with 2153 viewsfermin

youth team v pie eaters on 13:38 - Apr 30 by 100notout

It would be nice to know what time kick off was - perhaps if I look on the official site .......................

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/youth-teamlfa-final-788969.aspx
youth team v pie eaters on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 2142 viewsMoonyDale

youth team v pie eaters on 15:00 - Apr 30 by ChaffRAFC

My mate's text me saying that the kickoff is 2pm.

I will be attending to cheer on the youngsters......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

youth team v pie eaters on 19:28 - Apr 30 with 2057 viewsSalwaDale

youth team v pie eaters on 20:46 - Apr 28 by ThreeLions

Im sure John Doolan will be having a pie

Wrong John Doolan, Wigan coach is a different (and much slimmer) fella.

TBBT

youth team v pie eaters on 15:05 - May 1 with 1944 viewsScunnydale

3-0 up according to Twitter.

Tanser (15, pen), Whitehall (41) and Tanser (45) from his own half.
youth team v pie eaters on 15:27 - May 1 with 1897 viewsScunnydale

4-0 Tanser (pen, hat-trick)
youth team v pie eaters on 15:28 - May 1 with 1905 viewsToffeemanc

youth team v pie eaters on 15:05 - May 1 by Scunnydale

3-0 up according to Twitter.

Tanser (15, pen), Whitehall (41) and Tanser (45) from his own half.

Now 4-0, Tanser completes his hattrick from the spot ! A good week for the lad.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

youth team v pie eaters on 15:53 - May 1 with 1868 viewsRotherhamDale

5-0. Joel Logan. Easy.

Possession with progression.

youth team v pie eaters on 16:12 - May 1 with 1824 views442Dale

youth team v pie eaters on 15:28 - May 1 by Toffeemanc

Now 4-0, Tanser completes his hattrick from the spot ! A good week for the lad.

Is he playing at left back?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

youth team v pie eaters on 16:38 - May 1 with 1781 viewsToffeemanc

youth team v pie eaters on 16:12 - May 1 by 442Dale

Is he playing at left back?

Yes according to the twitter.
Looks like we have got some good prospects at the club in our current youth set up.

Congratulations to all the lads and also to Chris Beech and Tony Ellis who seem to be doing a cracking job with the young lads and now it looks like producing future first team players too.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

youth team v pie eaters on 17:33 - May 1 with 1694 viewsChaffRAFC

Worth mentioning Tanser's second goal.

Goalkeeper was clattered by Danny Whitehall for his headed goal and was unable to continue and was replaced by the sub keeper. Play continues as Dale have just gone 2-0 up through Stevie's boy, ball bounces to Scott Tanser who, from his left back position, a full 70 yards or so from goal, half volleys the ball and smashes it goalwards, new sub keeper is off his line and it bounces over him and over the line. First time the sub keeper touched the ball was to pick out the ball from a 70 yard goal.

Quite remarkable.

Anyway, a superb performance from Dale. Tanser really impressed with his hatrick. Jamie Allen did well without being spectacular and is a very fine corner taker. Our keeper Aaron Ashley did really well on crosses and held every one of them. Joel Logan had his bag of tricks and eventually scored with a good header but looked to take players on instead of passing a little too often. Can't fault his confidence. Was also impressed with Connor Martin on the right hand side. Looked a tidy little player.

youth team v pie eaters on 17:39 - May 1 with 1674 viewsfermin

youth team v pie eaters on 17:33 - May 1 by ChaffRAFC

Worth mentioning Tanser's second goal.

Goalkeeper was clattered by Danny Whitehall for his headed goal and was unable to continue and was replaced by the sub keeper. Play continues as Dale have just gone 2-0 up through Stevie's boy, ball bounces to Scott Tanser who, from his left back position, a full 70 yards or so from goal, half volleys the ball and smashes it goalwards, new sub keeper is off his line and it bounces over him and over the line. First time the sub keeper touched the ball was to pick out the ball from a 70 yard goal.

Quite remarkable.

Anyway, a superb performance from Dale. Tanser really impressed with his hatrick. Jamie Allen did well without being spectacular and is a very fine corner taker. Our keeper Aaron Ashley did really well on crosses and held every one of them. Joel Logan had his bag of tricks and eventually scored with a good header but looked to take players on instead of passing a little too often. Can't fault his confidence. Was also impressed with Connor Martin on the right hand side. Looked a tidy little player.

On Dale Player Tanser says he didn't mean it and it was a fluke goal. He was just trying to clear the ball! He has scored most of his goals from penalties or free kicks. He also said he was running a 10k soon for Cystic Fibrosis if anyone feels like sponsoring him.
youth team v pie eaters on 17:42 - May 1 with 1667 viewsChaffRAFC

youth team v pie eaters on 17:39 - May 1 by fermin

On Dale Player Tanser says he didn't mean it and it was a fluke goal. He was just trying to clear the ball! He has scored most of his goals from penalties or free kicks. He also said he was running a 10k soon for Cystic Fibrosis if anyone feels like sponsoring him.

Could tell it was a clearance more than anything but still a quite remarkable goal.

Both his penalties were superb.

youth team v pie eaters on 06:27 - May 2 with 1429 viewsJumeirahDale

Left back that takes a lovely penalty and can cross like nobody's business? Welcome back TK!

Hope we've got Tanser and Allen signed up, I think these two could play a big role next year.
youth team v pie eaters on 06:58 - May 2 with 1418 viewsColDale

for those who were at the game, is it a case that we have some very talented players or we have them playing successfully as a team?

Also, am I right in thinking that a lot in this team were first year scholars so will have another year at youth level?
youth team v pie eaters on 07:46 - May 2 with 1397 viewsMoonyDale

youth team v pie eaters on 06:58 - May 2 by ColDale

for those who were at the game, is it a case that we have some very talented players or we have them playing successfully as a team?

Also, am I right in thinking that a lot in this team were first year scholars so will have another year at youth level?

A bit of both Col, plenty of skill on show but very well organised and play well as a team. I would say at least 4 could be pushing for a first team slot next season, the future looks promising.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

youth team v pie eaters on 18:39 - May 2 with 1252 viewspioneer

Fantastic achievement by players and coaches - well done to all involved- I hope enough of them will still be around to perhaps parade the trophy around the field in advance of our first home game next season.

I am not aware that we have ever won this competition before (or any other youth cup competition) - and what a way to win it - not many finals are won 5-0 in any competition other than those Bradford City reach!

Incidentally after reading the write up on the OS I noticed I was still being asked to guess what position we would finish in in the league. I realise this is proobably not something the club controls, but its still tinpot - somebody is sat on their kiester not doing their job at the web host presumably.
youth team v pie eaters on 23:07 - May 2 with 1182 viewsNinco

youth team v pie eaters on 06:58 - May 2 by ColDale

They were good at keeping possession. If they did give the ball away, they were straight back in for it. They didn't give Wigan much time on the ball. The goals, or at least some of them were flukey, but they all count, and they defended well.

Thought Tony Ellis was quite strict with them. Even when they were 2 or 3 nil up, he was still barking instructions at them if they did anything wrong.

I would say that quite a few of them will progress in to the first team if the club can keep them on and it's good that they are encouraging them to play good football rather than long ball rubbish.
youth team v pie eaters on 23:11 - May 2 with 1176 viewsScunnydale

youth team v pie eaters on 23:07 - May 2 by Ninco

They were good at keeping possession. If they did give the ball away, they were straight back in for it. They didn't give Wigan much time on the ball. The goals, or at least some of them were flukey, but they all count, and they defended well.

Thought Tony Ellis was quite strict with them. Even when they were 2 or 3 nil up, he was still barking instructions at them if they did anything wrong.

I would say that quite a few of them will progress in to the first team if the club can keep them on and it's good that they are encouraging them to play good football rather than long ball rubbish.

The last part is crucial.

It's all well and good the youth team winning things, but it's better that they're doing it with style and ability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024