Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible issues with getting to Newport by Rail. 22:51 - Apr 29 with 1009 viewsKenBoon

Are you travelling with Arriva Trains Wales between Thursday 1 May and Sunday 18 May?

As part of the Cardiff Area Signalling Renewal programme, we are advising passengers that rail improvement work is taking place between Cardiff Central and Newport stations between Thursday 1 and Sunday 18 May 2014. With the exception of the Valleys and Cardiff local routes, the work will affect journeys on much of the main line of the Arriva Trains Wales network.

The re- signalling project will help to improve the reliability of rail services across South Wales in the future.

There will be a fairly comprehensive service during the work but departure and arrival times may be later or earlier than normal, some journeys may include additional station stops, journeys that are normally direct may involve changing trains and rail replacement buses may be operating between Newport and Cardiff Central.

On Sunday 11 May and Sunday 18 May there will be no train services between Cardiff Central and Newport (this also includes First Great Western and Cross Country services) and rail replacement buses will run.

If you are planning to travel during this period, we advise you to please check for updates regularly on how your train may be affected before setting off on your journey and allow extra time.

Arriva Trains Wales regrets any inconvenience that customers may experience during this period of rail improvement works.

The most accurate information will be available closer to the time so please continue to check the Arriva Trains Wales website and National Rail Enquiries and also at stations for the latest information on amended services and rail replacement bus times.

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/190314CardiffNewport/
Possible issues with getting to Newport by Rail. on 22:53 - Apr 29 with 998 viewsKenBoon

Arriva Trains Wales sent me an Email about this, so I assume it could be relevant to us. I'm going to guess slower, busier trains and possibly later departure times on the way back if there's Rail Replacement on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024