Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? 17:39 - Aug 9 with 4880 views100notout

I'm not a GD hater but he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

But by God he's quick. We can call him all day long for ballsing up that chance but how many other players would have actually got into that position in the first place?

Hilly - Lord knows you know more about football, players and tactics than I ever will but for me the answer seems quite simple

Put him on the bench.
Bring him on with 20 mins to go when the opposition are getting tired.
Balls over the top for him to chase
Tell him he must pass the ball to another player - don't bother trying to score.
Somebody else scores for us.
Simples.

Go on you know it makes sense!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 18:02]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:41 - Aug 9 with 3477 viewsRalphs12

He did everything right until the shot... I personally think it was a tough chance due to the angle.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:43 - Aug 9 with 3446 viewsrochdale1987

Awful striker, runs around a bit, needs 10-15 chances before he scores. Get rid, cannot understand why we'd sign Andrew on a 2 yr deal and not give him the nod, Donnelly has done nothing pre season, infact I'd of started camps but no place for him today which was a shame.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 17:44]
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 3419 views442Dale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:41 - Aug 9 by Ralphs12

He did everything right until the shot... I personally think it was a tough chance due to the angle.

Complete lack of awareness after doing well to get ahead of the defender.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:49 - Aug 9 with 3385 viewsBeckWMG

No need to pick any player out today for criticism. GD made a superb run to make that chance, used strength to hold off the defender and then fluffed the shot.

Most disappointing thing for me today was the poor quality of ball into the box.
Roses corners were again very poor but I'm using that as an example just to say that we don't have to pick GD out every week.
He wasn't defending when we conceded the goal was he?

Good performance which deserved a point against one of the teams who will be pushing towards the end of the season.

Up the dale.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 18:05 - Aug 9 with 3288 viewsTVOS1907

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:43 - Aug 9 by rochdale1987

Awful striker, runs around a bit, needs 10-15 chances before he scores. Get rid, cannot understand why we'd sign Andrew on a 2 yr deal and not give him the nod, Donnelly has done nothing pre season, infact I'd of started camps but no place for him today which was a shame.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 17:44]

Camps is injured.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:43 - Aug 9 with 3108 viewsTrueDaleBlue

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 18:05 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

Camps is injured.

I thought the same, but he was out training and running with the squad after the game today.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 3100 viewsSalwaDale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:43 - Aug 9 by TrueDaleBlue

I thought the same, but he was out training and running with the squad after the game today.

Why did they all walk past the posh coach and down an alleyway? Where were they going?

TBBT

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:52 - Aug 9 with 3060 viewsfunkkk

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 17:49 - Aug 9 by BeckWMG

No need to pick any player out today for criticism. GD made a superb run to make that chance, used strength to hold off the defender and then fluffed the shot.

Most disappointing thing for me today was the poor quality of ball into the box.
Roses corners were again very poor but I'm using that as an example just to say that we don't have to pick GD out every week.
He wasn't defending when we conceded the goal was he?

Good performance which deserved a point against one of the teams who will be pushing towards the end of the season.

Up the dale.

Easy to understand why people would single him out when it's obvious our main problem is the lack of a half decent striker.
Login to get fewer ads

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 3042 views442Dale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:52 - Aug 9 by funkkk

Easy to understand why people would single him out when it's obvious our main problem is the lack of a half decent striker.

Third season now, same issues. It won't change because he can't change.

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:55 - Aug 9 with 3039 viewsSalwaDale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:53 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

Third season now, same issues. It won't change because he can't change.

He will get nothing but support from me during a game because his effort deserves that. My heart sank when I heard the team though.

TBBT

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 3015 views442Dale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:55 - Aug 9 by SalwaDale

He will get nothing but support from me during a game because his effort deserves that. My heart sank when I heard the team though.

He has been treated more fairly than any other Dale player who has had similar limitations to their game.

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 3020 viewspedrodale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:44 - Aug 9 by SalwaDale

Why did they all walk past the posh coach and down an alleyway? Where were they going?

Cricket/Lacross/Redbrook field
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:59 - Aug 9 with 3012 viewsSalwaDale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:58 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

He has been treated more fairly than any other Dale player who has had similar limitations to their game.

That is because he works hard and every now and then does something brilliant.

TBBT

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 20:12 - Aug 9 with 2946 viewsThacks_Rabbits

What do they do to horses that are not good enough???

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 2840 viewsPotterDale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 20:12 - Aug 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

What do they do to horses that are not good enough???

I don't know, please inform us.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 2830 viewsThacks_Rabbits

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 21:10 - Aug 9 by PotterDale

I don't know, please inform us.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/care-services/care-homes/search-results-by-region?location http://www.bupa.co.uk/care-services/care-homes/search-results-by-region?location

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 2829 viewsstuartcryer

car park attendant

wardle blue

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 2703 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 19:59 - Aug 9 by SalwaDale

That is because he works hard and every now and then does something brilliant.

I think 'brilliant' is overstating it WD.

Agree with your previous post, I want George to do well and contribute to the success of the team.

Today he couldn't get near or hold the ball long enough to take any pressure off the midfield and defence. A hard work ethic just isn't enough unfortunately.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 23:38 - Aug 9 with 2534 viewssweetcorn

Sell him thats what.. effort unfortunatley just isnt enough

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 23:47 - Aug 9 with 2520 viewsSaxonDale

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 23:38 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Sell him thats what.. effort unfortunatley just isnt enough

But who would buy him?

We saw with Phil Edwards how Coleman overpaid in terms of wages during his time here so I would presume the same applies to George- especially considering we paid a fee for him and he came in as our number 9! I would imagine he would struggle to get a football league club if he was on peanuts- but I reckon he's on more here (and at a higher level) than ever again in his career.
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 23:54 - Aug 9 with 2506 viewssweetcorn

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 23:47 - Aug 9 by SaxonDale

But who would buy him?

We saw with Phil Edwards how Coleman overpaid in terms of wages during his time here so I would presume the same applies to George- especially considering we paid a fee for him and he came in as our number 9! I would imagine he would struggle to get a football league club if he was on peanuts- but I reckon he's on more here (and at a higher level) than ever again in his career.

Let him go on a free, no fee would cover the higher wages.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 00:05 - Aug 10 with 2463 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Will be at bURY by January :)

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 00:07 - Aug 10 with 2459 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Could n't believe GD was starting today,after a very poor showing in pre-season.....but prepared to see how he faired as Hilly must have the faith.

.........nowt different from George though,carried first half and rightly subbed after the one on one sham.

Only after he had gone did Dale really show any initiative in front of Ben Anwick....why oh why wait an hour?
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 01:21 - Aug 10 with 2390 viewsirisaln

We had to put up with Donnelly for an hour because the Dale management cannot see what everyone else at the match can see. The player ( and i use that term loosely ) is without doubt the worst striker to don a dale shirt in my memory and i'm 81 years old. Oh yes, the best dale shot came from Bennett a tall strong player who can take a man on and shoot on target, started his footballing at Bolton as a striker!!!!!!! Please put him up front with Andrew and give the opposition something to think about! What do u say NB. Isn't that a good idea? When Dale had all their tallest men on they ran a tired Peterborough side ragged.
I thoroughly enjoyed the match and found the Fergusson tactics very professional and cleverly contrived yet very frustrating for Dale. It's very much part of the modern game and a lesson for Dale to understand when they are in a similar position leading by the odd goal with time running out. It's a way of taking out the drive of a team running rampant at you when you are tired out. Lessons to learn. The biggest lesson to learn though is ------ Forget GD. Sorry GD I have seen enough!!!!!
What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 01:36 - Aug 10 with 2377 viewsTVOS1907

What to do with George Donnelly???????????? on 00:07 - Aug 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Could n't believe GD was starting today,after a very poor showing in pre-season.....but prepared to see how he faired as Hilly must have the faith.

.........nowt different from George though,carried first half and rightly subbed after the one on one sham.

Only after he had gone did Dale really show any initiative in front of Ben Anwick....why oh why wait an hour?

Wait an hour for what?

Alnwick made his best save in the first half from Bennett and Dale enjoyed their better penalty area spells in the first 45 minutes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024