Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They really loved Hill once 18:09 - Sep 22 with 2343 views442Dale

About three months later he left and has been to blame for everything including the No vote since:

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?174864-Barnsley-Boss-Discussing-Futu

(cheers for posting that over there, Whitey)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

They really loved Hill once on 18:39 - Sep 22 with 2233 viewsfermin

We should say the same thing as Barnsley fans except the other way round . . .

I would like to thank John Coleman for all the success we are having now. Everything is down to him. Keith Hill could not help but succeed with the material he inherited.
They really loved Hill once on 18:42 - Sep 22 with 2220 viewsrobbowood

Some interesting comments on their forum at the moment in reply to

"I think flitcroft and hill may be smiling to themselves.
Just that. "

A subject that continues to roll and roll regarding these two , they have both managed to dust them selfs down , move on and gain success with their respective clubs , neither are the " cowboys " some on here would have you believe although I have more time for Hill than daft lad .
Both I'm sure will manage at championship level again , Hill may not need to change clubs to do so which given Rochdale's resources would be an achievement as big as anything we managed in 97 .

I agree with that totally. I'm not sure what went wrong with the two of them with us, but neither of them are mugs and may well go on to better things quicker than DW at this rate.

No if Im honest I might knock them both but I dont think they are 'mugs' as such. And of course they know a heck of a lot more than I do, but thats not hard is it. But the truth is it did go wrong for them both here, appallingly wrong actually, and although we cant really explain why its a fact!!

We can go on all day about the fact that Keith wasn't backed properly by the club and had to make do with free agent league 1 and 2 players to compete in the championship with .
My view is nobody particularly liked him behind the scenes at Oakwell and wern't going to bend over backwards too much as a result , we know he didn't get on with Rowing and they didn't even speak towards the end of his time which clearly isn't helpful .
The fans never forgave him for giving it back when they criticised him and to be fair he was a marmite kind of guy , arrogant and very blunt isn't a great combination when results arn't great .
The chemistry was never right from day one , his team were booed during his first home game , little wonder he wasn't too bothered about the fans feelings at times .
I can see him taking over at a Bolton or a Wigan at some stage and it will be interesting to see how he goes on this time at a bigger club with different aspirations .
They really loved Hill once on 18:50 - Sep 22 with 2179 views442Dale

In the interest of fairness, there will be loads of posts on here in support of Eyre/Coleman and on other club forums about managers a few months before they end up leaving, but there was a genuine attachment to Hill as a manager. He's like Clough or Ferguson in that regard - always manages to garner an opinion.

They really loved Hill once on 19:03 - Sep 22 with 2131 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sadly, I think it will take Wilson to fail for them to realise that it is the expectations as opposed to the failings of the many managers who have not been worthy.

Not being 'holier than thou' as one day we're going to have to live without Hilly again and the first time it was awful. The difference I suppose is that, unlike Hill, Wilson hasn't started his second spell well.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 19:59]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

They really loved Hill once on 19:24 - Sep 22 with 2046 viewsWhiteyBFC

They really loved Hill once on 18:50 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

In the interest of fairness, there will be loads of posts on here in support of Eyre/Coleman and on other club forums about managers a few months before they end up leaving, but there was a genuine attachment to Hill as a manager. He's like Clough or Ferguson in that regard - always manages to garner an opinion.

Exactly, pal.

It was either pure love (From August 28th 2011 to February 7th 2012... and from September to October 2012) or pure hatred (the other months/weeks/days). There was no middle ground with him. But it was over for him after a towelling away at Watford, because that was when the likes of myself and other more reasonable posters on our forum who'd backed him implicitly, admitted his time was nearly up. Two more defeats followed and we all, to a man, called for his head.

I'm going to be really open here. I'd got home after that Blackburn defeat, spoke with the missus, and we took the dog out for a walk. I then got a txt from a pal who works for BFC.
"they've done it, Keith's been sacked.."

I'd been online on my walk home from the game and admitted it was time for him to go. But when the missus asked me who it was, and then saw my face, she knew. Because she knew how much he meant to me, how much I'd thrown my lot in with him. This too, is the bloke that gave my missus' lad his first proper chance, the captaincy, treat him like a son. We were gutted. I felt guilty. But it had to be done. It really did. But it hurt.

If our managerial position becomes vacant again, he'd be my first choice despite everything. King Keith.
They really loved Hill once on 19:25 - Sep 22 with 2039 viewsWhiteyBFC

They really loved Hill once on 19:03 - Sep 22 by BigDaveMyCock

Sadly, I think it will take Wilson to fail for them to realise that it is the expectations as opposed to the failings of the many managers who have not been worthy.

Not being 'holier than thou' as one day we're going to have to live without Hilly again and the first time it was awful. The difference I suppose is that, unlike Hill, Wilson hasn't started his second spell well.

One of the best short posts I've ever read on either yours or our forum. Bang on. Nailed it.

I hope it doesn't happen, Danny failing. But you're right. It might be a wake up call for many of our supporters.
They really loved Hill once on 19:29 - Sep 22 with 2012 viewsNewbury_Dale

Barnsley totally unrealistic with their expectations during the Hill reign. Give him the resources relative to the league you're in and he will deliver.
They really loved Hill once on 19:34 - Sep 22 with 1988 viewsColDale

They really loved Hill once on 19:25 - Sep 22 by WhiteyBFC

One of the best short posts I've ever read on either yours or our forum. Bang on. Nailed it.

I hope it doesn't happen, Danny failing. But you're right. It might be a wake up call for many of our supporters.

We had that with Parkin. Great first spell, taking us from dross to top of the league (till a certain South Yorks team stepped in, the buggers). 2nd time round was made to look better than it was due to Holt and Lambert. Once they went, there was nothing left, and history has made it look even worse due to us not even being able to make the play offs despite a forward line of Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert. As a Parkin fan, it was heartbreaking to see his second spell spiral downwards like it did. Not sure he even believed in himself by the end.
Login to get fewer ads

They really loved Hill once on 20:25 - Sep 22 with 1836 viewsdingdangblue

They really loved Hill once on 19:34 - Sep 22 by ColDale

We had that with Parkin. Great first spell, taking us from dross to top of the league (till a certain South Yorks team stepped in, the buggers). 2nd time round was made to look better than it was due to Holt and Lambert. Once they went, there was nothing left, and history has made it look even worse due to us not even being able to make the play offs despite a forward line of Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert. As a Parkin fan, it was heartbreaking to see his second spell spiral downwards like it did. Not sure he even believed in himself by the end.

Everything happens for a reason though. Parkin gave Hill the youth team , Parkin fails, Hill takes over and the rest as they say is history so I'm glad in a way that it went wrong 2nd time around for Parkin. Similarly with Coleman losing the club and Hill becoming available - Coleman couldve had a few more wins and stuck around for a few more months and Hill may have been somewhere else. Fate.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

They really loved Hill once on 21:20 - Sep 22 with 1683 views442Dale

They really loved Hill once on 19:03 - Sep 22 by BigDaveMyCock

The worry is that it's not that certain we can succeed without Hill. Unless real lessons have been learnt and infrastructure is already in place, the fear is we could plummet again should he ever leave. Hopefully we wouldn't see that happen for a second time.

They really loved Hill once on 21:40 - Sep 22 with 1639 viewsSuddenLad

They really loved Hill once on 21:20 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

The worry is that it's not that certain we can succeed without Hill. Unless real lessons have been learnt and infrastructure is already in place, the fear is we could plummet again should he ever leave. Hopefully we wouldn't see that happen for a second time.

If ever (when) such an event happens again, it might help if he didn't take the back room staff and several of the players !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

They really loved Hill once on 22:17 - Sep 22 with 1561 viewsTVOS1907

They really loved Hill once on 21:40 - Sep 22 by SuddenLad

If ever (when) such an event happens again, it might help if he didn't take the back room staff and several of the players !

Yes, but I think 442 means other areas of the club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

They really loved Hill once on 22:25 - Sep 22 with 1535 views442Dale

They really loved Hill once on 22:17 - Sep 22 by TVOS1907

Yes, but I think 442 means other areas of the club.

Losing managers/staff and players will always affect a club, but its all about planning for such eventualities. Hill has done it time and again when a player has been sold.

Nobody knows the future, but Swansea are a good example of how a club can stick to a plan whoever the manager is.

They really loved Hill once on 10:11 - Sep 23 with 1247 viewsWhiteyBFC

They really loved Hill once on 19:29 - Sep 22 by Newbury_Dale

Barnsley totally unrealistic with their expectations during the Hill reign. Give him the resources relative to the league you're in and he will deliver.

Second sentence - fair enough remark.

First sentence - poppycock.
They really loved Hill once on 10:46 - Sep 23 with 1195 viewsSaxonDale

Genuine question Whitey- Had Flicker been successful in his season at Barnsley do you think the fans would have given Hilly credit?
They really loved Hill once on 20:42 - Sep 23 with 913 viewsizzitme

Barnsley have a history of poaching from Dale, going back many years. Managers and players, who have ALL, gone on to great achievement at other clubs.
So is it not obvious that Barnsley are just a crap club, destined to achieve fkall, as they are currently doing? End of.
They should have learned from Stockport, who did the same years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024