Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals on SSN in a few minutes 21:30 - Sep 27 with 4353 views100notout

Magnificent goal from Done

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 21:58 - Sep 27 with 2941 viewsisitme

Two great finishes by Done, especially his first. Now they only showed it briefly and once but the challenge for the penalty looked outside of the box and the ball appeared to be running away from goal. I would like to see it again but my first impression was a free kick and yellow card. Logan went the right way and made a decent save, although the penalty was at a decent height. Credit to Tanser who reacted well to the save and cleared to prevent an Orient player scoring from the rebound.

Their keeper gave Vincenti an early Christmas present.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 22:09]
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 22:02 - Sep 27 with 2906 views100notout

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 21:58 - Sep 27 by isitme

Two great finishes by Done, especially his first. Now they only showed it briefly and once but the challenge for the penalty looked outside of the box and the ball appeared to be running away from goal. I would like to see it again but my first impression was a free kick and yellow card. Logan went the right way and made a decent save, although the penalty was at a decent height. Credit to Tanser who reacted well to the save and cleared to prevent an Orient player scoring from the rebound.

Their keeper gave Vincenti an early Christmas present.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 22:09]

Must have been about 2 yards outside the box. Can't argue with the red card but def shouldn't have been a pen. Anyway agent Dagnall sorted it

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 22:38 - Sep 27 with 2744 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 22:02 - Sep 27 by 100notout

Must have been about 2 yards outside the box. Can't argue with the red card but def shouldn't have been a pen. Anyway agent Dagnall sorted it

Nigh-on impossible to tell at full speed though, especially at pitch level.

Anyway, read it in the paper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:08 - Sep 28 with 2462 viewssteofthedale

Having seen the FLS highlights I thought the contact for the penalty was minimal, outside the area, heading at an angle away from goal and that, had it involved a more renowned striker, given the exaggerated manner of his fall, some referrees might have issued a yellow for simulation.

Otherwise I think the officials got it spot on.

Nevertheless, what a result and what a team.

steofthedale*

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:49 - Sep 28 with 2363 views442Dale

Ok, after seeing the penalty/sending off I'll go for the opinion that the officials got it wrong. Not a pen - something the linesman should have spotted, and a judgement call for a red but I'd go for a yellow looking at where O's Henderson's touch was taking him.

Which leads nicely into the debate about the non-red for the Coventry keeper last week.... That yellow, for me (and the ref), was because Hery's touch had similarly taken him at an angle away from goal.

So two 50/50 decisions and while there's plenty of reasons to debate such things, it serves as a reminder that perhaps refs are making honest calls which they might not always get spot on. If last week was wrong, then this week's was right. We really can't have it both ways unless all refs are expected to be as biased as some might claim. Only with that bias being towards us.

It really shouldn't matter that much though, as supporting and praising Dale's performances should far outweigh the need to criticise officials.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:53 - Sep 28 with 2347 viewsisitme

So should Eastham's red card get rescinded?
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:53 - Sep 28 with 2346 viewsColDale

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:49 - Sep 28 by 442Dale

Ok, after seeing the penalty/sending off I'll go for the opinion that the officials got it wrong. Not a pen - something the linesman should have spotted, and a judgement call for a red but I'd go for a yellow looking at where O's Henderson's touch was taking him.

Which leads nicely into the debate about the non-red for the Coventry keeper last week.... That yellow, for me (and the ref), was because Hery's touch had similarly taken him at an angle away from goal.

So two 50/50 decisions and while there's plenty of reasons to debate such things, it serves as a reminder that perhaps refs are making honest calls which they might not always get spot on. If last week was wrong, then this week's was right. We really can't have it both ways unless all refs are expected to be as biased as some might claim. Only with that bias being towards us.

It really shouldn't matter that much though, as supporting and praising Dale's performances should far outweigh the need to criticise officials.

The ref looked over the linesman for help with the decision but didnt seem to get any guidance from him at all.
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:00 - Sep 28 with 2326 views442Dale

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:53 - Sep 28 by isitme

If they're asking me, maybe. But again, it's easy to see why the ref gave a red so it won't be.

That's the thing sometimes, decisions really can be understandable even if they might be wrong. It's the same in cricket where umpires make an honest call and are then shown to be incorrect by DRS. It doesn't descend into the umpire being booed off at lunch and him making a call to his parents to check their credentials.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 10:11]

Login to get fewer ads

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:28 - Sep 28 with 2262 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:53 - Sep 28 by ColDale

The ref looked over the linesman for help with the decision but didnt seem to get any guidance from him at all.

Yes he did. The linesman ran towards the corner flag/goal line, which is the new 'signal' for a penalty. They don't put their flags across their chests anymore.

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:33 - Sep 28 with 2239 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 09:53 - Sep 28 by isitme

Probably not as nobody can prove it was a DEFINITE error. It's all about opinions and they were split in the stands at the game and will be on here as well.

As 442 says, we can't have it both ways and I know what we would have been wanting had the incident been the other way round.

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:36 - Sep 28 with 2223 viewsColDale

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:28 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Yes he did. The linesman ran towards the corner flag/goal line, which is the new 'signal' for a penalty. They don't put their flags across their chests anymore.

ah. Gotta leave my life of Betamax and Human League records, and catch up with the modern ways. Saw the run just didn't realise that it had significance. What do they do if they are already down by the corner flag?
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:38 - Sep 28 with 2212 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:36 - Sep 28 by ColDale

ah. Gotta leave my life of Betamax and Human League records, and catch up with the modern ways. Saw the run just didn't realise that it had significance. What do they do if they are already down by the corner flag?

Stay there and communicate through the headphones.

What we really need is a FL linesman to come on here and tell us.

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 2172 viewsDaley_Lama

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:38 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Stay there and communicate through the headphones.

What we really need is a FL linesman to come on here and tell us.

Easty ran across the back of the lads legs, gave him a chance to go down and boy did he take it.

We all know that it was outside the box but that aint gonna change and likewise and appeal is only going to cost us time/miney.

Dale will probably appeal (we've got your back, kid) but we never get these over turned.

Think we need new representitives mesen, any volunteers?

Poll: DF in or out

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:06 - Sep 28 with 2143 viewsdingdangblue

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:50 - Sep 28 by Daley_Lama

Easty ran across the back of the lads legs, gave him a chance to go down and boy did he take it.

We all know that it was outside the box but that aint gonna change and likewise and appeal is only going to cost us time/miney.

Dale will probably appeal (we've got your back, kid) but we never get these over turned.

Think we need new representitives mesen, any volunteers?

Can't see dale appealing this - especially with captain Lancashire waiting in the wings. Eastham was the last covering defender so its never going to be overturned.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:24 - Sep 28 with 2091 viewsrobbowood

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:06 - Sep 28 by dingdangblue

Can't see dale appealing this - especially with captain Lancashire waiting in the wings. Eastham was the last covering defender so its never going to be overturned.

last man so had to be a red card (though should never have been a penalty)
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:34 - Sep 28 with 2070 viewsisitme

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 10:33 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Probably not as nobody can prove it was a DEFINITE error. It's all about opinions and they were split in the stands at the game and will be on here as well.

As 442 says, we can't have it both ways and I know what we would have been wanting had the incident been the other way round.

My post was a little tongue in cheek, as has been said the red card wasn't an obvious error, although the award of the penalty was with the benefit of video footage. Thankfully neither decision didn't effect the game, apart from perhaps galvanising the team for the second half?
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:36 - Sep 28 with 2064 viewsaleanddale

FFS!! A good two foot outside the penalty area!!!

E mail that photo still to the referee assessor.

3 game ban for Ash?
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:40 - Sep 28 with 2047 viewsisitme

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:36 - Sep 28 by aleanddale

3 game ban for Ash?

It will be a one match ban.

Three match bans are for violent conduct, such as Rooney's attempt at a challenge yesterday.
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:41 - Sep 28 with 2042 viewsKenBoon

Running away from goal doesn't mean it still isn't a goal scoring chance. You could have your back to goal and its still a clear goal scoring opportunity. Last week Hery was technically running away from goal, but he was also running past the goalie. His next touch would have been a shot into an unguarded goal, which was about 5 yards away.

If you ignore the ridiculous exaggeration by the forward yesterday, it looks a foul and a red card. Whilst he wasn't taking the closest route to goal, he was still going there with only the Keeper to beat.

All done and dusted anyway. 6 points. Focus should really shift to the urgently needed extra tier on the away end we'll need for Barnsley's visit on Saturday.
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:41 - Sep 28 with 2039 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:36 - Sep 28 by aleanddale

3 game ban for Ash?

No, one game only.

It's easy to see on a still, but even at the game, people in the stand thought it was inside the area and we were side on to it. We're talking a fraction of a second to decide.

The assessor will have raised it with the ref and linesman straight after the match.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 12:51]

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:55 - Sep 28 with 2009 viewsRodingdale

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:41 - Sep 28 by KenBoon

Running away from goal doesn't mean it still isn't a goal scoring chance. You could have your back to goal and its still a clear goal scoring opportunity. Last week Hery was technically running away from goal, but he was also running past the goalie. His next touch would have been a shot into an unguarded goal, which was about 5 yards away.

If you ignore the ridiculous exaggeration by the forward yesterday, it looks a foul and a red card. Whilst he wasn't taking the closest route to goal, he was still going there with only the Keeper to beat.

All done and dusted anyway. 6 points. Focus should really shift to the urgently needed extra tier on the away end we'll need for Barnsley's visit on Saturday.

Thought the referee was poor today. There were a number of incidents which he got wrong. Done had an elbow in his face in the first half, he and Vincenti got spoken to for complaining to the ref. The incident when their player went down. Not a head injury and he blew up when I think Done was breaking clear. The "penalty" that was outside the box. The "back pass" incident, looked like he was hell bent on letting them take it quickly. The Tanser "throw in" which was clearly off the Orient player. I think that contributed his booking a minute or so later. All round, he was poor and the ironic cheers when we finally got a decision shows I wasn't alone in thinking that.

Fantastic to beat all 12 yesterday. One of the best games I've seen for a while.

Up the Dale
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 12:46 - Sep 28 with 1943 viewsTVOS1907

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 11:55 - Sep 28 by Rodingdale

Thought the referee was poor today. There were a number of incidents which he got wrong. Done had an elbow in his face in the first half, he and Vincenti got spoken to for complaining to the ref. The incident when their player went down. Not a head injury and he blew up when I think Done was breaking clear. The "penalty" that was outside the box. The "back pass" incident, looked like he was hell bent on letting them take it quickly. The Tanser "throw in" which was clearly off the Orient player. I think that contributed his booking a minute or so later. All round, he was poor and the ironic cheers when we finally got a decision shows I wasn't alone in thinking that.

Fantastic to beat all 12 yesterday. One of the best games I've seen for a while.

Up the Dale

Done was spoken to after he kicked-out at one of their players after a non-descript tussle, although not in a Rooney style. Henderson was brought over to the discussion because he was the captain.

When play was stopped for their player's injury, he ended-up being stretchered off and, although we did have Henderson breaking away, it was correct in the context of the subsequent events which have revealed he has a broken leg.

Play was also stopped in the second half when one of our players took a knock to the head, so we can't have it both ways.

The back-pass incident - why shouldn't they take it quickly, unless the ref has told them otherwise, either on the pitch or in his pre-match instructions? In the event, taking it quickly meant they cocked it up.

The penalty is nigh on impossible to tell at full speed, as discussed elsewhere and it was the linesman who gave it.

The Tanser throw-in ... can't recall the specific incident, but I do recall us getting a corner in the first half that the Orient fans behind that goal were apoplectic about. Completely impossible for us to tell from our position if that corner was correct or not, but we can't have it both ways.

The only really poor/clearly wrong decision I can recall was a foul give against Bennett in the second half when he definitely won the ball.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 13:47]

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 13:17 - Sep 28 with 1888 viewseitoof

What a ball by Dawson to Done for the winner!
Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 13:39 - Sep 28 with 1831 views442Dale

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 13:17 - Sep 28 by eitoof

Off balance as well. Pass of the season so far.

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 17:18 - Sep 28 with 1616 viewsdingdangblue

Goals on SSN in a few minutes on 13:17 - Sep 28 by eitoof

The one to Done for the opener wasn't bad either - Tanser?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024