Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue 15:58 - Oct 2 with 3063 views_dezzy

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/walsalljpt-sandylane-1984867.aspx

KHBA

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 16:05 - Oct 2 with 3029 viewstazzydjr

Does this mean we'll actually get an atmosphere in the pearl

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 16:24 - Oct 2 with 2978 viewsisitme

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 16:05 - Oct 2 by tazzydjr

Does this mean we'll actually get an atmosphere in the pearl

Maybe if Russ Abbott attends the game!
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 2782 viewsArthurDaley

What about pensioners prices. Its £10 for all adults, a saving of only £2 for pensioners,
But a saving of £8 for adults.
Think I will stay at home with er indoors, with a bottle of Vodka and tonic.

A large VAT Dave

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 19:32 - Oct 2 with 2723 views442Dale

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 19:11 - Oct 2 by ArthurDaley

What about pensioners prices. Its £10 for all adults, a saving of only £2 for pensioners,
But a saving of £8 for adults.
Think I will stay at home with er indoors, with a bottle of Vodka and tonic.

It's a still a saving. Which is good.

Doesn't really matter if one group of fans is saving more or less as long as the price is cheaper for everyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:03 - Oct 2 with 2661 viewsTVOS1907

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 19:32 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

It's a still a saving. Which is good.

Doesn't really matter if one group of fans is saving more or less as long as the price is cheaper for everyone.

Correct.

It shouldn't be looked at in a "What am I saving?" way, more a "Is £10 a reasonable price to watch this game?" way.

Given that this is probably the minimum clubs can charge for adults under the competition rules - and it's been thus for a few years, including friendlies - I don't see the problem. Walsall will also have a say in the matter.

TDS Season Ticket holders could argue they are only saving £4.48, if we want to go down that route.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 20:06]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue (n/t) on 20:42 - Oct 2 with 2585 viewswindowsbug

[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 20:45]
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:50 - Oct 2 with 2544 viewstazzydjr

I'm actually quite pleased with the choice to shut the sandy lane ah well it might wind up 20 people. Who probably don't even care about the competition anyway but will still moan about it on here, but there will be a cracking atmosphere from Pearl Street inside of a split atmosphere reflective mixed up one, Well done on the club for smart thinking considering the Tuesday Night against Walsall in the League Match.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:54 - Oct 2 with 2525 views442Dale

It's been shut out of necessity due to the work on the floodlights. Can't see anyone complaining about that.

It's happened before too: Torquay at home in '94 when we went and sat on the Pearl St terrace and discussed days gone by when you could always watch games from that end.

Login to get fewer ads

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:11 - Oct 2 with 2485 viewsTVOS1907

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:54 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

It's been shut out of necessity due to the work on the floodlights. Can't see anyone complaining about that.

It's happened before too: Torquay at home in '94 when we went and sat on the Pearl St terrace and discussed days gone by when you could always watch games from that end.

Aye. I'm sure I can see Chaff hiding on t'Sandy.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:15 - Oct 2 with 2473 viewsTVOS1907

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:50 - Oct 2 by tazzydjr

I'm actually quite pleased with the choice to shut the sandy lane ah well it might wind up 20 people. Who probably don't even care about the competition anyway but will still moan about it on here, but there will be a cracking atmosphere from Pearl Street inside of a split atmosphere reflective mixed up one, Well done on the club for smart thinking considering the Tuesday Night against Walsall in the League Match.

I shouldn't, but here goes ....

Split atmosphere?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 21:15]

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:19 - Oct 2 with 2449 views442Dale

Good to see our right back pop up in their six yard box.

With it being the days when keepers would wear the same shorts & socks as the rest of the team, Martin Hodge's shirt creates a terrible clash. Thinking I was probably fuming in the away end.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:32 - Oct 2 with 2421 viewstazzydjr

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:15 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Split atmosphere?

It's basically one stand singing one song and the other singing totally different surprised you've not noticed the split these days you can actually hear sandy from the pearl surely they can hear us aswell

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:43 - Oct 2 with 2397 viewsTVOS1907

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:32 - Oct 2 by tazzydjr

It's basically one stand singing one song and the other singing totally different surprised you've not noticed the split these days you can actually hear sandy from the pearl surely they can hear us aswell

Aswell Prince - Lancs batsman?

No, can't say I've noticed/imagined the split, Taz.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 2389 views442Dale

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:43 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Aswell Prince - Lancs batsman?

No, can't say I've noticed/imagined the split, Taz.

There's over 100 yards of grass in the middle, how big a split do you need to notice?

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:00 - Oct 2 with 2357 viewsTVOS1907

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:46 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

There's over 100 yards of grass in the middle, how big a split do you need to notice?

My eyesight isn't what it was. For example, I could once tell the difference between a team playing in blue and one playing in purple at somewhere like Shrewsbury.

Or Chesterfield.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 2335 viewsnordenblue

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:15 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Split atmosphere?

Reflective mixed up one, not just any split atmosphere?
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:07 - Oct 2 with 2328 views442Dale

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:00 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

My eyesight isn't what it was. For example, I could once tell the difference between a team playing in blue and one playing in purple at somewhere like Shrewsbury.

Or Chesterfield.

Everybody could. It wasn't an issue for anyone but annoying, moaning, obsessive, p(r)icky sods.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:36 - Oct 2 with 2272 viewsnordenblue

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:32 - Oct 2 by tazzydjr

She must have a very loud voice this sandy
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 22:57 - Oct 2 with 2228 viewsD_Alien

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 21:46 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

Tom Jones never had a problem with the green, green grass of home.

Edit: he has a big voice too.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 22:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 23:01 - Oct 2 with 2207 viewsPotterDale

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 20:50 - Oct 2 by tazzydjr

I dropped a bag of Scrabble tiles once and it made more sense than most of the sentences in this post.
T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 00:16 - Oct 3 with 2136 viewsBrighouseDale

I know loads of Leeds / Huddersfield / Bradford supporters. Whenever they play at Rochdale I always ask them- what did you think about Spotland, did you have a good time? And all I ever get is "Oh the view was pretty good down the side of the pitch but the vibe is so split. It's like two different stadiums in one, you should shut The Sandy Lane cos all the atmos is in The Pearl."

I wasn't born in The Sandy but I'll certainly try my best to die there.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 09:52 - Oct 3 with 1978 viewsArthurDaley

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 00:16 - Oct 3 by BrighouseDale

I know loads of Leeds / Huddersfield / Bradford supporters. Whenever they play at Rochdale I always ask them- what did you think about Spotland, did you have a good time? And all I ever get is "Oh the view was pretty good down the side of the pitch but the vibe is so split. It's like two different stadiums in one, you should shut The Sandy Lane cos all the atmos is in The Pearl."

I wasn't born in The Sandy but I'll certainly try my best to die there.

Er indoors said to me , where do you want your ashes scattered, ( does she know something I don't) I said on the pitch at spotland. She said, you can p*ss off I'm not paying £20 to come and see you. Thanks dear.

A large VAT Dave

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 10:08 - Oct 3 with 1950 viewsdingdangblue

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 09:52 - Oct 3 by ArthurDaley

Er indoors said to me , where do you want your ashes scattered, ( does she know something I don't) I said on the pitch at spotland. She said, you can p*ss off I'm not paying £20 to come and see you. Thanks dear.

Just make sure you die around the time a JPT game is played then she'll only have to pay a tenner!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 10:35 - Oct 3 with 1914 viewsD_Alien

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 10:08 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

Just make sure you die around the time a JPT game is played then she'll only have to pay a tenner!

As long as she doesn't complain about the atmosphere being like a graveyard

[Post edited 3 Oct 2014 10:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 14:16 - Oct 3 with 1744 viewsArthurDaley

T'Sandy shut for jpt game next tue on 10:08 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

v

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024