Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
REFEREE TODAY 19:06 - Oct 18 with 2012 viewsizzitme

Some replies to posts below about booing the ref off the pitch, defy belief.
He was appalling in his bias,and is probably celebrating Gills equalizer right now.
Even KH got very animated towards him on several occasions.
Allowing Gills to get away with chopping/kicking out, and shirt pulling, whilst blowing up for even a hint of a Dale infringement, especially in the 2nd half, is one thing. Then halting play instantly when a Gill hit the floor and played out the dying swan routine, upset the rhythm of the game. Iddleston did all he could to help Gills get the equalise they did not deserve.
I hope that KH makes an official complaint.
REFEREE TODAY on 19:25 - Oct 18 with 1942 views442Dale

Hill looked equally as angry about the floodlights.

Apart from the obvious errors with a couple of throw-in and a corner for which he received valid criticism at the time, what were the examples of other things he got wrong?

He made the Gillingham player who went down injured for the second time leave the pitch and added ton sufficient time for the others. When he booked Dawson, the player continued with his complaints and the ref could have easily produced a second yellow. Should he be criticised or congratulated for that?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

REFEREE TODAY on 19:27 - Oct 18 with 1924 viewsColDale

Like said elsewhere, if I was a Gills fan, I'd have been fuming with the ref for ending the game when he did. Was at the other end from me, but their lad looked to have a clear run at goal when he blew his whistle.
REFEREE TODAY on 19:31 - Oct 18 with 1913 viewsSandyman

Examples? How about a blatant, clear as day handball in the penalty area in the second half by a Gills player as we were attacking? Apparently, that is a not a penalty to Rochdale but a free kick to Gillingham. I could carry on and on but would rather go out on a Saturday night than moan ad infinitum about a ref who had a shocker, both ways
REFEREE TODAY on 19:31 - Oct 18 with 1910 viewsTVOS1907

REFEREE TODAY on 19:27 - Oct 18 by ColDale

Like said elsewhere, if I was a Gills fan, I'd have been fuming with the ref for ending the game when he did. Was at the other end from me, but their lad looked to have a clear run at goal when he blew his whistle.

From memory, there were a couple of defenders challenging him in a no-man's-land sort of position at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

REFEREE TODAY on 19:49 - Oct 18 with 1837 viewsD_Alien

How many times do we have to repeat this?

Refs aren't biased, just incompetent at times (i.e. human) - some more so than others.

Today's ref got things wrong for both sides. It's only natural we notice the things he got wrong which went against us.

I hate it when our fans start shouting about bias. Again, refs are only human and if I were a ref I'd feel inclined to be biased against those who thought I was biased.

Dawson was stupid for continuing to argue after his yellow card, and I hope Hilly has a word with him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

REFEREE TODAY on 19:49 - Oct 18 with 1837 viewsmacro

I actually thought ref, a corner decision apart and the scuffle between Dawson and their defender had a good game. Let's face it if either Vincenti or Henderson had their shooting boots on any grumbles and moans wouldn't be noticed.
REFEREE TODAY on 19:50 - Oct 18 with 1829 views442Dale

REFEREE TODAY on 19:49 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Refs aren't biased, just incompetent at times (i.e. human) - some more so than others.

Today's ref got things wrong for both sides. It's only natural we notice the things he got wrong which went against us.

I hate it when our fans start shouting about bias. Again, refs are only human and if I were a ref I'd feel inclined to be biased against those who thought I was biased.

Dawson was stupid for continuing to argue after his yellow card, and I hope Hilly has a word with him.

I'm copying & pasting that after the next home game. You will not get any credit, think of me as the Evening News.

REFEREE TODAY on 19:58 - Oct 18 with 1783 viewsD_Alien

REFEREE TODAY on 19:50 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

I'm copying & pasting that after the next home game. You will not get any credit, think of me as the Evening News.

You're welcome.

Can I do the crossword on your back?

Login to get fewer ads

REFEREE TODAY on 20:01 - Oct 18 with 1759 views442Dale

REFEREE TODAY on 19:58 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

You're welcome.

Can I do the crossword on your back?

Do they have one in the MEN? If so, bet it's under a MASSIVE picture.

REFEREE TODAY on 20:03 - Oct 18 with 1754 viewspnc4eva1

Several of his decisions were bizarre for corners and throw ins but I thought most of the free kicks he gave were justified, however weak at times.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

REFEREE TODAY on 20:13 - Oct 18 with 1718 viewsD_Alien

REFEREE TODAY on 20:01 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

Do they have one in the MEN? If so, bet it's under a MASSIVE picture.

Well they used to, last time I bought one around 1992.

These days, they haven't got a clue.

REFEREE TODAY on 20:49 - Oct 18 with 1619 viewsrobbowood

REFEREE TODAY on 20:03 - Oct 18 by pnc4eva1

Several of his decisions were bizarre for corners and throw ins but I thought most of the free kicks he gave were justified, however weak at times.

we've had a lot worse refs in recent times and he couldn't be blamed in any way for the fact we didn't win

Dawson (who was my man of the match) was asking to be booked almost right from the start. He was gesticulating to the ref almost every time he was pulled up for a foul or not given one - instead of keeping his mouth shut, not waving his arms about and getting on with the game

I suspect Hilly took him off to stop him getting a second booking and being sent off
REFEREE TODAY on 22:15 - Oct 18 with 1505 viewspnc4eva1

REFEREE TODAY on 20:49 - Oct 18 by robbowood

we've had a lot worse refs in recent times and he couldn't be blamed in any way for the fact we didn't win

Dawson (who was my man of the match) was asking to be booked almost right from the start. He was gesticulating to the ref almost every time he was pulled up for a foul or not given one - instead of keeping his mouth shut, not waving his arms about and getting on with the game

I suspect Hilly took him off to stop him getting a second booking and being sent off

agree 100%. I stated some decisions were bizarre but most were spot on to me. We have had a lot worse Boyson springs to mind

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

REFEREE TODAY on 23:29 - Oct 18 with 1428 viewsBrighouseDale

REFEREE TODAY on 19:49 - Oct 18 by macro

I actually thought ref, a corner decision apart and the scuffle between Dawson and their defender had a good game. Let's face it if either Vincenti or Henderson had their shooting boots on any grumbles and moans wouldn't be noticed.

I thought the officials were inept, even during the 58 minutes we were 1-0 up. The number of decisions they fluffed seemed so much higher than your average game.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

REFEREE TODAY on 15:02 - Oct 19 with 1272 viewsroger1803

REFEREE TODAY on 19:49 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Spot on
REFEREE TODAY on 16:45 - Oct 19 with 1198 viewsBrierls

I thought the ref gave us pretty much every borderline decision in the first half. I'd have lost my voice by half time if I were a Gills fan!

Of course he made a few glaring errors regarding throw ins etc, which was more apparent and frustrating because he did it three times on the bounce, but its not as if he made game changing errors.

The bleating about refs being biased toward opposing teams is getting ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024