Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not got back 19:10 - Oct 25 with 1663 viewsColDale

Bit of an odd game this. It was probably the easiest away win that ive known us have. 3-0 was massively flattering to Yeovil and if truth be told, we were a touch sloppy at times and if we had our shooting boots on, we could have been celebrating the sort of win that Bournemouth had today. That's not meant to sound as negative as it does but like I said on Twitter, it was an absolute walk in the park, and we strolled to the win, and the late introduction of Andrew and Bunney felt like a declaration.

There were many stand out performers today and we struggled to come up with a man of the match. Dawson was brilliant, done and hendo were unplayable, and Lund is getting back to his best after the injury.

I reckon Gary Johnson will walk this week. They were dire and were as bad a side that we've played this season. But we made them look that way.

Oh and thank you to the M5, I'm looking forward to seeing O'Connells goal on the FLS for the first time :-)
Not got back on 04:11 - Oct 26 with 1206 viewsmikehunt

Yep.that was as emphatic a win as the Walsall one. But they still had three good chances from sloppy clearances. The last led to a stunning save by Logan from a point blank header which was then hacked off the line. But Yeavil didn't deserve anything.
I had Dawson, Hendo and Bennet as my standouts with Done my MOM. The way that guy spun off his marker to speed on to cross field passes was awesome. You would have had to have had three or four around him to contain him today.
Hilly could afford to give Andrew and Bunney a run out in this game. Sadly they did not match the quality of the rest of the team. It seems harsh to say this but if you can't make an impression in a match we so dominated then .....?
One nice moment saw Hendo having a long conversation with the ref after which he put his arm around the refs shoulder. Thought he might have bought us a penalty with that but no 😀
Anyway, ramble over. Can we play away every week?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Not got back on 06:35 - Oct 26 with 1162 viewsrichfoad32

I would agree with all of the above, I've only been to the Crawley and Yeovil games this season but in both games we've looked streets ahead of teams that are supposedly our peers in this division in terms of both fitness and ability. I must admit to starting this season just hoping we'd survive but without wishing to jinx us if we can sort the home form out a shot at the playoffs would be far from unrealistic.

Hendo and Done were brilliant today, ran Yeovil ragged and Dawson impressed as well with his workrate. As has been mentioned above, we seemed to take our foot off the gas with the introduction of Andrew and though I've stuck up for him on here in the past he was pretty anonymous today. Bit harsh to expect Bunney to make a serious impact in the 10 minute or so run out he got though.....Not sure about Tanser playing left midfield either, Rose tried to talk him through the game but a lot of times he seemed to be unsure of where he was meant to be. He grew into the game though and deserves the benefit of the doubt for his first time out there.

For me though, the MOM was O'Connell. Not just for his goal that got us up and running, but for the solidity and calmness he brings to our back line. Yeovil weren't up to much but he and Eastham deserve a lot of credit for that. I know there is no chance of snapping him up on a permanent basis but extending his loan until the end of the season would be fantastic and probably crucial to our chances of sneaking into the playoffs.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 6:42]
Not got back on 07:40 - Oct 26 with 1082 viewsmacro

It was frighteningly comfortable, if dale had kept done in particularly on I wouldn't have been surprised if it'd ended up 4 or 5. Yeovil look like a side totally bereft of confidence, as soon as the first goal went in the white flags were waved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024