Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Muldoon 19:48 - Nov 29 with 2629 viewsolympicdale

What's everyones opinion on our young striker? We have seen him a few times, for me personally I think he needs a consistent run of games, he does show some good link up play, he just looks behind in terms of sharpness and confidence, which is understandable with how this season started, he needs to use his obvious body strength more, let defenders know you're there. A goal could really turn his fortunes around, lets hope it starts against a non leaguer next week.

Life is a game of fate.

Muldoon on 19:53 - Nov 29 with 2591 viewsdingdangblue

Unfortunately don't think he's good enough. Albeit only seen him twice against Northampton and today. Harsh but he was in two great positions today in the 1st half when he should have crossed to Hendo for a tap in then when he was through a little later and ballooned his cross into the stands.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Muldoon on 19:54 - Nov 29 with 2582 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I know Hilly said he was not the new Hogan and agree.......we should probably give him a fair bit longer to prove himself,a goal or two would help.

Now,Calvin Andrew.......the new George Donnelly without the work rate.

When Andrew comes on,we throw the towel in.

Did FA today,except get booked!
Muldoon on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 2563 viewsdale4ever

Muldoon on 19:53 - Nov 29 by dingdangblue

Unfortunately don't think he's good enough. Albeit only seen him twice against Northampton and today. Harsh but he was in two great positions today in the 1st half when he should have crossed to Hendo for a tap in then when he was through a little later and ballooned his cross into the stands.

He did alright at MK, with the limited service he had. We did a lot of defending that night. Today he had a couple of chances to make something happen but lacked in his final ball, he needs more time before we can start putting him into the Donnelly category though, nobody played well today so very hard to judge.
Muldoon on 20:04 - Nov 29 with 2507 viewsArthurDaley

Unfortunately not too impressed. Doesn't seem to be as good as that bloke from Halifax a couple of years ago. (Shaw ? )
Really hope he proves me wrong.
And this is from somebody who didn't think too much of Glenn Murray when he first came to Dale. Shows how much I know.

A large VAT Dave

Muldoon on 20:15 - Nov 29 with 2458 viewsolympicdale

Muldoon on 19:56 - Nov 29 by dale4ever

He did alright at MK, with the limited service he had. We did a lot of defending that night. Today he had a couple of chances to make something happen but lacked in his final ball, he needs more time before we can start putting him into the Donnelly category though, nobody played well today so very hard to judge.

I wasn't at MK, but it appears to be the lack of link up play from midfield, since Hendo has been pushed further up, and the disappearance of Hery, we have no creative spark in the middle to give that telling pass through, our strikers are feeding on scraps at the minute.

The final passes when in good positions today were very disappointing, he'd worked hard to get into those positions and either rush of blood to the head or lack of awareness meant both were missed, I still think there is a good player there, a goal could change that, bringing out some confidence, but game time is what he needs right now.

Life is a game of fate.

Muldoon on 20:30 - Nov 29 with 2395 viewsdingdangblue

Muldoon on 19:56 - Nov 29 by dale4ever

Allen, Tanser and Bennett played well. We were having our best spell of the game just before Allen got assaulted and their soft penalty ended it . Yes Oldham deserved the win - they passed it better than us throughout and had the stand out player in Johnson.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Muldoon on 20:30 - Nov 29 with 2393 viewsdale4ever

Muldoon on 20:15 - Nov 29 by olympicdale

I wasn't at MK, but it appears to be the lack of link up play from midfield, since Hendo has been pushed further up, and the disappearance of Hery, we have no creative spark in the middle to give that telling pass through, our strikers are feeding on scraps at the minute.

The final passes when in good positions today were very disappointing, he'd worked hard to get into those positions and either rush of blood to the head or lack of awareness meant both were missed, I still think there is a good player there, a goal could change that, bringing out some confidence, but game time is what he needs right now.

I agree Hery probably should be starting home games, we make it way too easy for the away sides. Hery may at times put us under pressure with misplaced passes or trickery gone wrong, but he offers a spark we desperately miss in midfield when he isn't there.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 20:32]
Muldoon on 20:55 - Nov 29 with 2282 viewsdingdangblue

Muldoon on 20:30 - Nov 29 by dale4ever

I agree Hery probably should be starting home games, we make it way too easy for the away sides. Hery may at times put us under pressure with misplaced passes or trickery gone wrong, but he offers a spark we desperately miss in midfield when he isn't there.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 20:32]

Lazarus put us under pressure loads of times today losing the ball in dangerous areas - lets see if he is mentioned post match and singled out?

Login to get fewer ads

Muldoon on 20:59 - Nov 29 with 2262 viewsdale4ever

Muldoon on 20:55 - Nov 29 by dingdangblue

Lazarus put us under pressure loads of times today losing the ball in dangerous areas - lets see if he is mentioned post match and singled out?

He should be, Bastien would be, he lost it a hell of a lot today, especially first half. No doubting he has a decent shot on him, but he's liable to mistakes as today showed.
Muldoon on 22:28 - Nov 29 with 2126 viewsLathamDale

First time I seen him today and in a team that played cr@p with only one player who i can say was alright (Allen) it would be unfair to single him out. What I did notice though the balls that got played to him he had to hold up, I think he's more of a player that you play a ball to run on to bit like Hogan constantly making runs getting behind the defense
Muldoon on 23:23 - Nov 29 with 2043 views442Dale

Muldoon on 20:59 - Nov 29 by dale4ever

He should be, Bastien would be, he lost it a hell of a lot today, especially first half. No doubting he has a decent shot on him, but he's liable to mistakes as today showed.

I would even blame RNL that much, he was playing too deep for a start, but those were the tactics employed.

The reaction to him losing the ball in those areas was different, but I doubt he's the sort of player that responds well to being blasted.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Muldoon on 23:26 - Nov 29 with 2033 viewsdingdangblue

Muldoon on 23:23 - Nov 29 by 442Dale

I would even blame RNL that much, he was playing too deep for a start, but those were the tactics employed.

The reaction to him losing the ball in those areas was different, but I doubt he's the sort of player that responds well to being blasted.

Hill should have subbed him then and left him out of the next games.

Muldoon on 00:26 - Nov 30 with 1974 viewsFrog

Unfortunately at 25 and a half he's not that young in my eyes, hopefully some more games will see him start banging them in, otherwise he may be past it already.
Muldoon on 10:32 - Nov 30 with 1824 viewsColDale

I think Muldoon has suffer d from both the injury and the timing of his inclusion. For me, we had plenty of chances to ease his introduction into the first team such as Yeovil away when coasting, when he could have come in without having any pressure and bagged a couple of goals and boosted his own confidence. But he's come into the team when we've been under strength and are chasing games which can't be an easy way for a player to break into professional football.
Muldoon on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 1725 viewsolympicdale

Muldoon on 10:32 - Nov 30 by ColDale

I think Muldoon has suffer d from both the injury and the timing of his inclusion. For me, we had plenty of chances to ease his introduction into the first team such as Yeovil away when coasting, when he could have come in without having any pressure and bagged a couple of goals and boosted his own confidence. But he's come into the team when we've been under strength and are chasing games which can't be an easy way for a player to break into professional football.

I think when a player doesn't have a proper pre season and comes in to the first team towards the end of the year for the first time, its always going to be hard, let alone someone who's just started as a professional footballer.

Life is a game of fate.

Muldoon on 11:39 - Dec 1 with 1467 viewsParkinsGimp

Muldoon is way off the pace and is certainly not a front man on his own. Saying that who is ? ...Andrew? OMG no , he is absolutely hopeless, please dont tell me its true we have signed Andrew on a two year deal????
RNL was very poor , he didnt even look fit and his first touch was dreadful, he did put us under pressure far too often. I also agree that there is a lack of link up play between midfield and forwards.
Thought bennet had a great game Saturday, he kept Forte under control and did a class tackle in the pen area just before the diving pen!
We are crying out for a decent centre forward, not another ex-baarnsley attacking midfielder. We cant keep playing on the counter relying on Done and Hendo. W e will get found out more often than not.
Muldoon on 19:50 - Dec 1 with 1306 viewsnordenblue

From my first viewing of him he is nowhere near fit let alone match fit, he was dead on his feet after about 10 mins as a few other fans near me noticed too.He should have been eased in the team as others mentioned not thrown into a side already short of ideas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024