Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Added on time 17:00 - Dec 6 with 2640 viewsolympicdale

Why do we seem to be obsessed with adding on so much time recently, it seems that 6/7/8 mins is now the norm, even if nothing untoward has happened. In the Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A, games have stopped sometimes seconds before the 90min, and often dead on, I don't understand why we are currently adding on so much added time, it seems to have happened all of a sudden, and the number of goals that come near the 100th minute is staggering.

Life is a game of fate.

Added on time on 17:02 - Dec 6 with 2127 viewsDaleaholic

Probably because it makes the game fair? Playing the time that wasn't played during the 90.

Bit of a silly post really.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 17:04]

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Added on time on 17:04 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It gives bury the chance to equalise!
Added on time on 17:09 - Dec 6 with 2099 viewsD_Dale

Offsets time-wasting gamesmanship. Also, a bare 90 minutes isn't much for all the travelling and cost involved - so add on an up to 10% bonus (3 minutes after 45, 7 after 90)
Added on time on 17:19 - Dec 6 with 2063 views442Dale

The bigger question is why games abroad are finishing at 90 minutes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Added on time on 17:28 - Dec 6 with 2048 viewsisitme

Each substitution is supposed to add 30 seconds to 'time added on', factor in injuries and time wasting and it can easily add up to 6 minutes.

If, like in Rugby we had a match clock which was stopped for every injury, substitution and incident of time wasting games would invariably last over 100 minutes of real time.
Added on time on 18:13 - Dec 6 with 1971 viewsTommoRAFC

Added on time on 17:19 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

The bigger question is why games abroad are finishing at 90 minutes.

Are they though? Or is it all in his head like usual?

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Added on time on 18:14 - Dec 6 with 1971 viewsolympicdale

Added on time on 17:28 - Dec 6 by isitme

Each substitution is supposed to add 30 seconds to 'time added on', factor in injuries and time wasting and it can easily add up to 6 minutes.

If, like in Rugby we had a match clock which was stopped for every injury, substitution and incident of time wasting games would invariably last over 100 minutes of real time.

I know that, but you often see matches where theres like 7 minutes added on, and nothing has happened, its crept into our game, Fergie time is becoming the norm.

It might be silly, but it just seems to be something that has progressively got worse, managers time and time again getting frustrated with the amount of added time in this country.

I guess in Europe they think you've had 90 minutes to score, don't feel it compulsorily to add on vast amounts.

Life is a game of fate.

Added on time on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 1954 viewsD_Alien

Added on time on 18:14 - Dec 6 by olympicdale

I know that, but you often see matches where theres like 7 minutes added on, and nothing has happened, its crept into our game, Fergie time is becoming the norm.

It might be silly, but it just seems to be something that has progressively got worse, managers time and time again getting frustrated with the amount of added time in this country.

I guess in Europe they think you've had 90 minutes to score, don't feel it compulsorily to add on vast amounts.

If you're losing 2-1, you're going to welcome it; it's only managers whose team are leading going into added time that are going to find it a problem...

...oh, and you.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Added on time on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 1948 views442Dale

But it's not 90 minutes if one team deliberately wastes time knowing that the game will finish at 90 with no added time.

Imagine if that Peterborough game had no added time.

Added on time on 18:29 - Dec 6 with 1905 viewsisitme

7 minutes added on time and 'nothing has happened'? Really?

I am sure that every instance of that amount of time added on would have included 6 substitutions and at least one large stoppage in play.
Added on time on 18:36 - Dec 6 with 1890 viewsolympicdale

Added on time on 18:18 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

If you're losing 2-1, you're going to welcome it; it's only managers whose team are leading going into added time that are going to find it a problem...

...oh, and you.

I only find it a problem that we feel we have to add on vast amounts, to give any trailing team a chance, yeah when its obvious there is countless time-wasting going on thats understandable, but that isn't always the case.

alright I'm done..

Life is a game of fate.

Added on time on 18:40 - Dec 6 with 1872 views442Dale

Added on time on 18:36 - Dec 6 by olympicdale

I only find it a problem that we feel we have to add on vast amounts, to give any trailing team a chance, yeah when its obvious there is countless time-wasting going on thats understandable, but that isn't always the case.

alright I'm done..

Then you have one game of the suspension remaining.

Added on time on 19:26 - Dec 6 with 1818 viewsTVOS1907

I'm not sure we are 'currently adding on so much time'. I don't think there's much difference between this season and any other in the last 10 years, at least.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Added on time on 19:35 - Dec 6 with 1803 viewsdingdangblue

With throw ins, corners, goal kicks hasn't it been proved that the ball is in play only around 60 minutes? An extra 5-6 mins added is welcome - its worse when there's been 6 substitutions and a few goals and they only add 3 mins.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Added on time on 21:07 - Dec 6 with 1696 viewsYorkshire_Dale

......anyway,it's Time Allowed!
Added on time on 21:13 - Dec 6 with 1685 views442Dale

Added on time on 21:07 - Dec 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

......anyway,it's Time Allowed!

Only at ROCHDALE FOOTBALL CLUBBBBBBBBBBB.

Added on time on 21:23 - Dec 6 with 1670 viewsroccydaleian

Added on time on 19:26 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure we are 'currently adding on so much time'. I don't think there's much difference between this season and any other in the last 10 years, at least.

Seem to remember watching the Dale with you against Rotherham at the Don Valley, when 6 minutes went up. 2-1 up but ended up 2-2?
Added on time on 21:52 - Dec 6 with 1631 views442Dale

Added on time on 21:23 - Dec 6 by roccydaleian

Seem to remember watching the Dale with you against Rotherham at the Don Valley, when 6 minutes went up. 2-1 up but ended up 2-2?

2008/09. Reuben Reid got the equaliser. We were cruising at 2-0 then Lee Thorpe got sent off (ref's fault probably) and McArdle made his 4th mistake of the season when scoring an OG. He went on to make plenty more.

Jordan Rhodes and Will Buckley scored for us.

Added on time on 22:17 - Dec 6 with 1591 viewsroccydaleian

Added on time on 21:52 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

2008/09. Reuben Reid got the equaliser. We were cruising at 2-0 then Lee Thorpe got sent off (ref's fault probably) and McArdle made his 4th mistake of the season when scoring an OG. He went on to make plenty more.

Jordan Rhodes and Will Buckley scored for us.

What are our goal scorers from that day, are up to now lol?
Added on time on 22:48 - Dec 6 with 1562 viewswimborne_dale

Added on time on 17:28 - Dec 6 by isitme

Also in rugby they have a scoreboard clock that starts at 40.00 minutes and counts down the seconds. The clock stops when the ref calls "time off" and restarts when the ref calls "time on". The half finishes at 00.00. That way it's transparent!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Added on time on 22:59 - Dec 6 with 1547 viewsisitme

Added on time on 22:48 - Dec 6 by wimborne_dale

Also in rugby they have a scoreboard clock that starts at 40.00 minutes and counts down the seconds. The clock stops when the ref calls "time off" and restarts when the ref calls "time on". The half finishes at 00.00. That way it's transparent!

Indeed. This is one of my real footballing bug bears.

Introducing it would make time wasting pointless. Also there are many times when their been a lot of time spent with players, often spuriously, having treatment and then there are only a few minutes added on.
Added on time on 00:03 - Dec 7 with 1505 viewsD_Alien

Added on time on 22:59 - Dec 6 by isitme

Indeed. This is one of my real footballing bug bears.

Introducing it would make time wasting pointless. Also there are many times when their been a lot of time spent with players, often spuriously, having treatment and then there are only a few minutes added on.

But there'd still be variation in refs interpreting when the clock should be stopped. Some would be more lenient than others, and when players were taking their time at throw-ins for instance, is the ref supposed to stop the clock for a few seconds each time they thought it was going on too long? That'd be extremely distracting, unlike rugby where the time stopping occurs during natural breaks in play.

[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 0:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Added on time on 00:59 - Dec 7 with 1472 viewsolympicdale

Added on time on 19:26 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

It does seem to be worse now than say 5-10 years ago, especially at the top levels, where 96mins plus isn't unusual, i'm sure sometimes its done for drama and entertainment value.

Life is a game of fate.

Added on time on 02:08 - Dec 7 with 1451 viewsTomRAFC

There is a huge gulf between "time added on when nothing's happened" and "time added on when I've not spotted anything happen".

I'd actually quite like to see a Rugby style clock implemented. Even so I don't think this season has been any different from previous seasons.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 2:24]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Added on time on 17:34 - Dec 20 with 1118 viewsolympicdale

Added on time......onto added on time, now that's new, staggering how this was allowed!

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024