Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question.. 12:45 - Mar 1 with 4116 viewsWhiteyBFC

Where do you see Dale finishing this season?

I expected you to make the playoffs before selling Done, but his departure, injury to Dawson and Keith's refusal to select certain flair players looks to have put paid to that.

I'm not at all surprised you were the better side against Bristol City. We absolutely murdered them, but they fluked a late equalizer. Sign of a promoted club, that. Luck.

It's hard to understand how we're now above you, to be honest. You have games in hand, mind. But are you fearing relegation now? Or do you think you can reignite the playoff push?

Me, I'm hoping we kick on for the playoffs now. Three consecutive wins, three consecutive clean sheets, back to back away wins. We've been due a good, consistent run all season and I can't see Coventry or Walsall next up this week at Oakwell stopping us making it five out of five, especially with Winnall now fit. Oldham away then, before wrapping up the season with tough games (most at Oakwell) against PNE, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, Bradford, Chesterfield and yourselves.

Do I think we'll make the playoffs? Probably not. But it's nice to have that opportunity still there after a truly miserable season, the odd performance aside.

Our game in May at Oakwell could still have lots riding on it.
Genuine question.. on 12:53 - Mar 1 with 3258 viewsTVOS1907

I expected us to finish around where we are now and still do.

I don't think Bristol City are where they are now because of luck, either.

I don't think you'll make the play-offs and hopefully the game at Oakwell will be a dead rubber.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:54]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Genuine question.. on 13:19 - Mar 1 with 3170 viewsmacro

I don't think the playoffs were ever more than a pipe dream a finish between 10th and 15th was my expectation
Genuine question.. on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 3163 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Genuine question.. on 13:19 - Mar 1 by macro

I don't think the playoffs were ever more than a pipe dream a finish between 10th and 15th was my expectation

See us around 15th - 17th with around 53 points tbh - Would have taken that at the start of the season and still will.

More cash in the bank and consolidate, hopefully owning the stadium!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Genuine question.. on 13:29 - Mar 1 with 3139 viewsfrenzied

Mid table at best ..id settle for 5th from bottom though to be honest

Looking forward to Blackpool and Wigan coming to Dale next season and our trips to them as well.
Genuine question.. on 13:30 - Mar 1 with 3136 viewsD_Alien

I predicted us finishing 8th at the start of the season (one place better than our previous best ever) and I see no reason to change that.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Genuine question.. on 13:58 - Mar 1 with 3071 viewsFrog

14th, and although disappointing after a good start, happy to stay in league 1. Just hope we can stay a little longer this time.
Genuine question.. on 14:00 - Mar 1 with 3060 viewsdingdangblue

Big week for us Whitey. Crewe Tues and Colchester Sat. On current form we are 2nd bottom! We will know which way we are heading after those 2 games. Such a crazy division though. Back to back wins for us after New Year sent us 5th, 3 wins in a row for yourselves and you are in and around the play offs again. We are missing Matt Done hugely as anyone losing their top scorer would. Yesterday with him you are talking about us coming away from Bristol with at least a draw, maybe even 3 points, same last Tuesday against Sheff Utd. Just hope we aren't regretting too much come May.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Genuine question.. on 14:08 - Mar 1 with 3033 viewsYouTubeDale

Keith is saying 60 points. That's 19 points from 15 games and at that rate we will be bringing down our average points per game, which is what you'd predict. This could give us 13th position, who knows?

I feel we are still looking up rather than down. And, I agree, it will be a mid table finish. That will satisfy the vast majority of Daleys.

It will be a season of consolidation, but also a season focusing on a pivotal moment when Done was sold, and therefore a season ending with the question, what if?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 14:09]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine question.. on 14:14 - Mar 1 with 3007 viewsTVOS1907

I know it's all relative, but on this weekend last season, the team in 21st place had 35 points, just as Leyton Orient currently do.

Fast forward to the end of the season and Tranmere finished in 21st place (and were relegated) with 47 points.

As a matter of interest, these were the points for 21st place in the last 10 seasons:

2013/14 Tranmere 47
2012/13 Scunthorpe 48
2011/12 Wycombe 43
2010/11 Dagenham 47
2009/10 Gillingham 50
2008/09 Northampton 49
2007/08 Bournemouth 48
2006/07 Chesterfield 47
2005/06 Hartlepool 50
2004/05 Torquay 51

It's difficult to compare one season to the next and it's not an exact science, but it does look like 50 points would guarantee safety, so we really need three more wins ASAP.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 14:17]

Genuine question.. on 14:32 - Mar 1 with 2960 viewsisitme

Genuine question.. on 14:00 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Big week for us Whitey. Crewe Tues and Colchester Sat. On current form we are 2nd bottom! We will know which way we are heading after those 2 games. Such a crazy division though. Back to back wins for us after New Year sent us 5th, 3 wins in a row for yourselves and you are in and around the play offs again. We are missing Matt Done hugely as anyone losing their top scorer would. Yesterday with him you are talking about us coming away from Bristol with at least a draw, maybe even 3 points, same last Tuesday against Sheff Utd. Just hope we aren't regretting too much come May.

One positive is that against two of the bigger hitters in the league we weren't outclassed and should/could have earned draws. The two home games this week are massive. Two wins and it eases the pressure. Four points is a realistic expectation.
Genuine question.. on 14:41 - Mar 1 with 2937 viewsdale1968

I think 4 wins and a couple of draws will see us safe..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Genuine question.. on 15:10 - Mar 1 with 2868 viewsWhiteyBFC

Genuine question.. on 14:32 - Mar 1 by isitme

One positive is that against two of the bigger hitters in the league we weren't outclassed and should/could have earned draws. The two home games this week are massive. Two wins and it eases the pressure. Four points is a realistic expectation.

That's a great point, and gives room for optimism. You were unlucky by all accounts in the last couple of defeats.

We played Crewe last weekend and they were the worst side I've seen this season, absolutely nothing to be worried about there. When we beat Colchester they had Sears up front who was very lively but they couldn't defend.

Six points right there.
Genuine question.. on 15:14 - Mar 1 with 2858 viewsWhiteyBFC

Genuine question.. on 12:53 - Mar 1 by TVOS1907

I expected us to finish around where we are now and still do.

I don't think Bristol City are where they are now because of luck, either.

I don't think you'll make the play-offs and hopefully the game at Oakwell will be a dead rubber.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:54]

I never said they were there because of pure luck. I said it's the sign of a promoted club, luck. We had shit loads in the two promotions I've seen as a reds supporter. Virtually no injuries in either season, some lucky escapes in games we were battered in, favourable refereeing decisions and of course, last time we got out of this division we edged through on penalties, the ultimate game of luck.

Of course, we were fantastic in both promotion seasons too, as I'm sure big spending Bristol have been on many occasions.

No matter where we both are in the final weekend of fixtures, the Barnsley vs Rochdale game will be anything but dead, not to the 9,000 or more reds supporters who'll be licking their lips at the prospect of welcoming back Keith, TK, Dawson and RNL. Only one of them will escape absolute vitriol, mind.

I can't wait.
Genuine question.. on 15:24 - Mar 1 with 2841 viewsTVOS1907

Genuine question.. on 15:14 - Mar 1 by WhiteyBFC

I never said they were there because of pure luck. I said it's the sign of a promoted club, luck. We had shit loads in the two promotions I've seen as a reds supporter. Virtually no injuries in either season, some lucky escapes in games we were battered in, favourable refereeing decisions and of course, last time we got out of this division we edged through on penalties, the ultimate game of luck.

Of course, we were fantastic in both promotion seasons too, as I'm sure big spending Bristol have been on many occasions.

No matter where we both are in the final weekend of fixtures, the Barnsley vs Rochdale game will be anything but dead, not to the 9,000 or more reds supporters who'll be licking their lips at the prospect of welcoming back Keith, TK, Dawson and RNL. Only one of them will escape absolute vitriol, mind.

I can't wait.

I thought you didn't go anymore.

Genuine question.. on 16:39 - Mar 1 with 2730 viewsDomDale

I reckon we'll be about 5pts adrift of the play offs. How the table is now that could mean 7th or 8th or could mean 17th. It's an open league.
The more I think about it I start to think league one would be much better for us next season as opposed to championship (IF we ever did go up). So many local derbies flung in there next season will be a cracker.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Genuine question.. on 17:28 - Mar 1 with 2648 viewsShun

I think about 12th to 14th. I think come the last few games we'll be looking up more than we are down.
Genuine question.. on 17:36 - Mar 1 with 2630 viewsolympicdale

15th

Life is a game of fate.

Genuine question.. on 21:26 - Mar 1 with 2391 viewswimborne_dale

Genuine question.. on 17:36 - Mar 1 by olympicdale

15th

agree with Macro. 10th - 15th.
But importantly, we aint going down.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Genuine question.. on 21:42 - Mar 1 with 2365 viewsmidlandsdale

Looking at those teams left to play we should be well clear of any relegation problems by the end of March. If we can't get points then frankly we will deserve to go down.
Genuine question.. on 00:08 - Mar 2 with 2277 viewsWhiteyBFC

Genuine question.. on 15:24 - Mar 1 by TVOS1907

I thought you didn't go anymore.

No idea why you'd have thought that. I don't/can't get to as many games as I'd like (or as many as I once could) for various reasons, but I've seen 90% of our home games and a handful away. I've even walked 28 miles to one away game....

And if circumstances rule me out regards BFC, I do Huddersfield if possible to support Jacob. Very rare I don't see a game every weekend. This weekend was one of those rarities, as both BFC and Town were darn sarf.

I assume you'll be doing Oakwell? Give us a shout, and I can get you (and others if they like) into the supporters bar before the game.
Genuine question.. on 09:42 - Mar 2 with 2112 viewsParkinsGimp

15th or thereabouts, got enough about us not to go down, but this week is vital to ensure we keep positive.
Genuine question.. on 15:07 - Mar 2 with 1979 viewstazzydjr

I'd settle for 11th or 12th least the League Cup 1st Round 2015/2016 we'd be seeded against someone like B**y, Morecambe or Accrington then hopefully draw a big club in the 2nd Round of the competition like Aston Villa or someone like that

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Genuine question.. on 09:44 - Mar 3 with 1835 viewsDaleiLama

I think the answer to this question is pretty straightforward. We're too good to go down and not good enough (yet) to go up. Anything above mid-table (for me) would be grand, but bottom half wouldn't be a disaster as so many teams are on a similar level at least results-wise. As long as we keep developing the players we have and bringing in new talent when/wherever possible, good things will eventually happen. We also seem to have rediscovered our moxie so maybe a good run is just around the corner. Here's hoping ..........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Genuine question.. on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 1810 viewsdingdangblue

Whitey: "I can't see Coventry or Walsall next up this week at Oakwell stopping us making it five out of five" - you should know better - when was the last time you won 5 league games in a row? Fair play if you pull it off you will be well in the play off mix.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Genuine question.. on 13:08 - Mar 3 with 1701 viewsWhiteyBFC

Genuine question.. on 10:09 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

Whitey: "I can't see Coventry or Walsall next up this week at Oakwell stopping us making it five out of five" - you should know better - when was the last time you won 5 league games in a row? Fair play if you pull it off you will be well in the play off mix.

Last time we won 5 league games in a row? It was 1996. The first 5 league games. We were promoted that season.

Flicker managed 4 league wins on the bounce when he was caretaker, 6 with the two FA Cup games inbetween. King Keith managed 4 consecutive league wins in 2011, before we were blown away by Ipswich at Oakwell live on Sky, 5-3 having been 2-0 up at half time.

You're right though, we win the next two and we're a contender. As we should be in this tinpot division. We've slummed it for 6 months, but cream always rises to the top.

#Banter
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024