Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR 14:51 - Apr 30 with 2347 viewsbig_dave2010

And I don't know how to do links but I've
Just read on a rochdale group on
Facebook that Carcraft has closed
Down and they are calling the receivers in.
NFR on 15:03 - Apr 30 with 2305 viewsThe_Knightowl

Carcraft closes: Rochdale car giant shuts with loss of 550 jobs

Shocked staff at the Rochdale head office were told the news at 10.30am on Thursday morning -

Now on MEN
NFR on 15:07 - Apr 30 with 2287 viewsD_Alien

That's a massive blow to the individuals losing their jobs, and to the local economy

But anyone who's been through the doors at Carcraft will know their merchanise was overpriced compared to the market average resale values, and their business model relied on pushing people into financial deals a lot of them could barely afford, under the type of duress that made it difficult to leave via the nearest exit without being accosted by a suit

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NFR on 15:20 - Apr 30 with 2243 viewsD_Dale

NFR on 15:07 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

That's a massive blow to the individuals losing their jobs, and to the local economy

But anyone who's been through the doors at Carcraft will know their merchanise was overpriced compared to the market average resale values, and their business model relied on pushing people into financial deals a lot of them could barely afford, under the type of duress that made it difficult to leave via the nearest exit without being accosted by a suit

Maybe not quite NFR - years ago, weren't Carcraft sponsors of Dale shirts?

From the above message, maybe not an ideal sponsor (though there are many worse - Wonga etc) but grim news for those thrown out of work.
NFR on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 2204 viewsbig_dave2010

NFR on 15:20 - Apr 30 by D_Dale

Maybe not quite NFR - years ago, weren't Carcraft sponsors of Dale shirts?

From the above message, maybe not an ideal sponsor (though there are many worse - Wonga etc) but grim news for those thrown out of work.

Yes. I thought about that after I'd put the post up
NFR on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 2181 views100notout

and they were still advertising in TVOS

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

NFR on 15:57 - Apr 30 with 2165 viewsdale_spotland

Terrible news for all the staff being out of work, but as far as company's go, they were as dodgy as they come so no huge surprise.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

NFR on 16:01 - Apr 30 with 2157 viewsSuddenLad

In effect, Carcraft sold loans and that was where the main profits were. Terrible news for the employees.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024