Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blatter to resign 17:49 - Jun 2 with 1618 viewsDaley_Lama

Breaking news sorta thing

Poll: DF in or out

Blatter to resign on 17:54 - Jun 2 with 1592 viewsmacro

Rumours have been circulating all day that there is an arrest warrant with his name on it.
Blatter to resign on 18:12 - Jun 2 with 1540 viewstazzydjr

best news of the entire day

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Blatter to resign on 18:13 - Jun 2 with 1540 viewsSuddenLad

Bent Blatter says he will convene an Extraordinary General meeting of the FIFA committee 'in the future' to arrange the necessary process.

'In the future' could mean the day before the next election is due in four years, or it might even be the day he gets his collar felt.

Personally, I hope it's the latter. And sooner rather than later.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blatter to resign on 18:43 - Jun 2 with 1469 viewsShun

Blatter to resign on 18:13 - Jun 2 by SuddenLad

Bent Blatter says he will convene an Extraordinary General meeting of the FIFA committee 'in the future' to arrange the necessary process.

'In the future' could mean the day before the next election is due in four years, or it might even be the day he gets his collar felt.

On the news it just said he'll be in charge until this Extraordinary General meeting can be held, and that meeting will be any time between December and March! Not long now then!
Blatter to resign on 18:43 - Jun 2 with 1469 viewsDaleiLama

Blatter to resign on 18:13 - Jun 2 by SuddenLad

My take on "in the future" is after he's had a big bonfire and burnt any evidence that could be seized.

I suspect he's doing a lot of clenching right now. That practice could pay dividends post-conviction, too, but knowing that slime-ball, he'll avoid incarceration somehow. He's a nice man anyway - his daughter said so on the news so it must be true.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blatter to resign on 18:49 - Jun 2 with 1449 viewsSuddenLad

Blatter to resign on 18:43 - Jun 2 by Shun

On the news it just said he'll be in charge until this Extraordinary General meeting can be held, and that meeting will be any time between December and March! Not long now then!

Exactly. Much covering of tracks to do in the meantime.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blatter to resign on 22:37 - Jun 2 with 1259 viewsdownunder

The hunt will be on for a Football administrator that is clean and honest. Which could be similar to finding a drug free cyclist to take over Lance Armstrong's titles
Blatter to resign on 01:10 - Jun 3 with 1189 viewsNigeriamark

Blatter to resign on 18:43 - Jun 2 by DaleiLama

My take on "in the future" is after he's had a big bonfire and burnt any evidence that could be seized.

I suspect he's doing a lot of clenching right now. That practice could pay dividends post-conviction, too, but knowing that slime-ball, he'll avoid incarceration somehow. He's a nice man anyway - his daughter said so on the news so it must be true.

He will deny everything and say it's all political. Once the real evidence appears which I am sure will ( His corrupt supporters will turn on him to save themselves) then the doctors note saying he has onset of Alzheimers will appear !!! - Not fit to stand trial etc etc
Login to get fewer ads

Blatter to resign on 13:19 - Jun 3 with 1078 viewspioneer

Him going is undoubtedly welcome and long overdue but lets remember the folks who voted him back in last week are the same people who will be voting for his successor and I suspect he is already telling the african and asian block who that is to be. That is why he is delaying his resignation. There is no real change happening among the gnomes of zurich.

In addition, some decent people have resigned from the executive committee and other FIFA posts in the wake of last week so even fewer folks left to try to see fair play.

The size of the problem can be seen by the comments from the Australian FA today. They claim today that money they gave to the Trinidad FA in advance of the vote for 2018 was appropriated by Dixon of Dock Green (Jack Warner) . Why were they giving large sums of money to Trinidad anyway? To buy the Trinidad vote. I believe the FA were also involved in this buying votes movement. Yet neither the FA or Soccer Australia seem to think there is anything wrong with it provided the money (bribe) goes to its intended recipient.

In the 150 year history of the FA when did they ever give money to countries like Trinidad when they weren't applying to host the world cup? The culture of buying votes is all pervasive and we are only complaining about it because we didnt pay enough

At the same time the euro nations seem to be implying that the voting rules are wrong because one member one vote gives insufficient influence to the big football nations. I always thought British institutions believed in one member one vote. Why is football different? And lets remember England had the FIFA presidency for long periods and never sought to make these changes.

Yes FIFA is rotten to the core but what are the Euro nations proposing as an alternative that would avoid maintaining the current mess?
Blatter to resign on 13:51 - Jun 3 with 1049 viewsD_Alien

Blatter to resign on 13:19 - Jun 3 by pioneer

Him going is undoubtedly welcome and long overdue but lets remember the folks who voted him back in last week are the same people who will be voting for his successor and I suspect he is already telling the african and asian block who that is to be. That is why he is delaying his resignation. There is no real change happening among the gnomes of zurich.

In addition, some decent people have resigned from the executive committee and other FIFA posts in the wake of last week so even fewer folks left to try to see fair play.

The size of the problem can be seen by the comments from the Australian FA today. They claim today that money they gave to the Trinidad FA in advance of the vote for 2018 was appropriated by Dixon of Dock Green (Jack Warner) . Why were they giving large sums of money to Trinidad anyway? To buy the Trinidad vote. I believe the FA were also involved in this buying votes movement. Yet neither the FA or Soccer Australia seem to think there is anything wrong with it provided the money (bribe) goes to its intended recipient.

In the 150 year history of the FA when did they ever give money to countries like Trinidad when they weren't applying to host the world cup? The culture of buying votes is all pervasive and we are only complaining about it because we didnt pay enough

At the same time the euro nations seem to be implying that the voting rules are wrong because one member one vote gives insufficient influence to the big football nations. I always thought British institutions believed in one member one vote. Why is football different? And lets remember England had the FIFA presidency for long periods and never sought to make these changes.

Yes FIFA is rotten to the core but what are the Euro nations proposing as an alternative that would avoid maintaining the current mess?

Given the level of freeloaders and backhanders in the European Commission (and the people at that level tend to be from the same genetically-predisposed to corruption ilk in football governance) - nothing.

It's a valid point you make about the one-member one-vote principle. I'm sure I heard someone from the FA saying on the radio the other day that this was "unfair, and needed to be changed".

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024