Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool Fan in Peace 15:29 - Aug 16 with 5514 viewsoneswallow

A few of your lads have been passing comment. Be interested to hear if we were really that bad or if you agree with this chap?

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2246065
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 16:01 - Aug 16 with 5392 viewsTalkingSutty

We wouldn't have sold another 500 tickets. Blackpool looked a poor team, relegation struggle. Redshaws a little *nob.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 16:10 - Aug 16 with 5344 viewsYorkshire_Dale

So,who was the Screaming Banshee(when Dale scored) in the Directors Box.......?
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 16:36 - Aug 16 with 5222 viewsThe_DJ

You were Crap.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:14 - Aug 16 with 4994 viewsBrierls

It surprised me yesterday just how many Blackpool fans were there in peace!

For all the noise about the campaigns to oust Oyston, all I saw was a tinpot demonstration outside the ground and absolutely nothing inside the ground. It all seemed a bit half arsed to be honest.

Even if Oyston was there, he'd be well within his rights to think it is only a small minority of Blackpool fans want him gone.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:24 - Aug 16 with 4940 viewsRalphs12

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:14 - Aug 16 by Brierls

It surprised me yesterday just how many Blackpool fans were there in peace!

For all the noise about the campaigns to oust Oyston, all I saw was a tinpot demonstration outside the ground and absolutely nothing inside the ground. It all seemed a bit half arsed to be honest.

Even if Oyston was there, he'd be well within his rights to think it is only a small minority of Blackpool fans want him gone.

My thoughts exactly.

Had one bloke outside the ground shouting at us not to buy anything in the ground if we are proper football fans and if we did then bollocks to our club if we ever end up in trouble.

So when we got in and there wasn't anything in the way of protest well except the little piece of paper the odd person held up at the end of the game with oyston out printed on it I was shocked, in fact I'd say we were more vocal with our 'oyston out' chants. Saw plenty of the oyston out footy shirts which made me think it was more something people were buying just to tag along, why buy a protest shirt then contribute to the person you apparently hate... Bizarre
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 4931 views1mark1

In my opinion the best and quickest way for Blackpool fans to regain control of their club would have been to refuse to buy ANY tickets, merchandise, etc and put real financial on the current owners. You then hope opposition fans don't buy any refreshments etc. As fans you could support your team away from home in numbers and OR save your money to pump into your club when you get new owners. I for one would not critise Blackpool fans for boycotting games, in fact the ones boycotting are using the best tactic.

I am glad that in the end only 999 tickets were on sale for Dale fans as that meant less money going to the current owners.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:31 - Aug 16 with 4887 viewsBrierls

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:25 - Aug 16 by 1mark1

In my opinion the best and quickest way for Blackpool fans to regain control of their club would have been to refuse to buy ANY tickets, merchandise, etc and put real financial on the current owners. You then hope opposition fans don't buy any refreshments etc. As fans you could support your team away from home in numbers and OR save your money to pump into your club when you get new owners. I for one would not critise Blackpool fans for boycotting games, in fact the ones boycotting are using the best tactic.

I am glad that in the end only 999 tickets were on sale for Dale fans as that meant less money going to the current owners.

I'm glad that I was one of the 999 who was able to go and support my club. I'm dissapointed for many more Dale fans who chose to travel to Blackpool to do the same but couldn't get in a ground that was half empty!!!!
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 4815 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:25 - Aug 16 by 1mark1

One thing that was very noticeable was the amount of none football making activities that Bloomfield Rd has.

So no matter what the fans do, I feel that they cant stop the Oyston's making money and I believe that the business revenue is separated from the football club. They will run the football side into ground, cream off what they can and sell it for a pound once in the conference.

As for the fans, has everyone forgotten about there ground wrecking small club bullying antics of the 80/90's?

They've just met a bigger bully than them!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:48 - Aug 16 with 4802 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:31 - Aug 16 by Brierls

I'm glad that I was one of the 999 who was able to go and support my club. I'm dissapointed for many more Dale fans who chose to travel to Blackpool to do the same but couldn't get in a ground that was half empty!!!!

Couldn't you pay to get in the home end?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:52 - Aug 16 with 4772 viewsBrierls

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:48 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

Couldn't you pay to get in the home end?

I didn't need to. I had a ticket for the away end.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:11 - Aug 16 with 4667 views1mark1

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:31 - Aug 16 by Brierls

Yes I am glad for every Dale fan that could get into and watch and support the Dale, and I agree it was a lousy amount of tickets allowed for Dale fans, Just making the point that it would be less money going into the coffers of the club. Shows how badly the club is run when they have so much room available for away fans yet only cater for 999.

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 4640 viewsfermin

I see the attendance was 7000 odd - were there really about 6000 Blackpool fans in the ground or was that a bit of creative accounting? If that is right it suggests that most Blackpool fans aren't that bothered about what is happening since it is not much of a boycott. Doesn't compare at all to what Chester and Coventry fans (to name two) managed to do, for example.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:18 - Aug 16 with 4610 viewsColDale

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:15 - Aug 16 by fermin

I see the attendance was 7000 odd - were there really about 6000 Blackpool fans in the ground or was that a bit of creative accounting? If that is right it suggests that most Blackpool fans aren't that bothered about what is happening since it is not much of a boycott. Doesn't compare at all to what Chester and Coventry fans (to name two) managed to do, for example.

There's a lot of Blackpool fans on two year season tickets. Wouldn't be surprised if they included those in the attendance whether they attended or not.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:23 - Aug 16 with 4589 views1mark1

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:46 - Aug 16 by SteTsGoldenBoot

One thing that was very noticeable was the amount of none football making activities that Bloomfield Rd has.

So no matter what the fans do, I feel that they cant stop the Oyston's making money and I believe that the business revenue is separated from the football club. They will run the football side into ground, cream off what they can and sell it for a pound once in the conference.

As for the fans, has everyone forgotten about there ground wrecking small club bullying antics of the 80/90's?

No I haven't forgot what they were like back then, but maybe like many who were nutters back then, they are sensible decent people, and of course out of their away followings then, just like most club's fans, it would just have been a percentage of the fans causing trouble.

They clearly are not totally united, but to have had any real chance of quickly getting rid of their owners if that's what is wanted by the majority, they had to have far more not financially supporting the club. Maybe they don't have a majority wanting rid of the owners, I don't know.

However like you say, Bloomfield Road is more than just football, but I don't know how much of a loss in the football club the owners can afford to take.

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:25 - Aug 16 with 4570 viewsmikehunt

It didn't look like there were 4000 in did it?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:40 - Aug 16 with 4500 viewsBrierls

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 18:15 - Aug 16 by fermin

It didn't look anything like 7000. I know its a decent sized stadium, but one side was completely empty and the other home ends were hardly bursting at the seams.
Blackpool Fan in Peace on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 4214 viewsTVOS1907

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:46 - Aug 16 by SteTsGoldenBoot

That's a good point about the 80s.

Any Dale fans who were at Spotland in March 1984 will always have clouded opinions of Blackpool supporters.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 20:50 - Aug 16 with 4045 viewsmikehunt

I see what you did there TVOS. Clouded opinions and your avatar. Very clever that

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 20:57 - Aug 16 with 4004 viewsdingdangblue

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 17:52 - Aug 16 by Brierls

I didn't need to. I had a ticket for the away end.

Yes I know you did, but if I had gone to Blackpool to watch the game and been told I couldn't get a ticket for the away end I would rather go in the home end than miss the game completely. Thats all.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackpool Fan in Peace on 22:07 - Aug 16 with 3779 viewsSandyman

Blackpool 0 Rochdale 2 topic closed :D
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024