Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two years, twenty two days 05:37 - Oct 7 with 5103 viewsColDale

Length of time between BBM first team appearances for the club.

Has to be a record for the club for an outfield player with continued service during that time.
Two years, twenty two days on 07:02 - Oct 7 with 4199 viewsTalkingSutty

A player who was well past his best when he arrived at Spotland and always struggled to hold down a first team spot, i think a look back on the figures will prove that. I don't get all misty eyed when I talk about BBM the footballer because in reality he was very, very average during his Dale career and with the passing of time those memories haven't been extinguished.

I prefer BBM the coach, the communicator and with a bit of luck BBM the managerial assistant to Chris Beech when that moment arrives. Let's not suddenly pretend he pulled up trees because he didn't!! The fact he has to talk experienced footballers through a set piece situation during a live football match says more about the players themselves than BBM, that should be sorted out before they take to the pitch.

Flit croft did a similar thing when he was part of the managerial team at Spotland, he was another very average footballer who some supporters suddenly elevated to hero status for whatever reason, he embarrassed himself, Keith Hill and the club during that particular performance ( I think it was against Oxford) when he seemed intent on causing injury.

If the thread is intended to blow smoke up Brian's arse you can count me out.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 7:08]
Two years, twenty two days on 08:28 - Oct 7 with 4060 viewsBrierls

I thought he was superb after coming on*

* I didn't go
Two years, twenty two days on 08:36 - Oct 7 with 4040 viewsalex_roch39

Two years, twenty two days on 07:02 - Oct 7 by TalkingSutty

A player who was well past his best when he arrived at Spotland and always struggled to hold down a first team spot, i think a look back on the figures will prove that. I don't get all misty eyed when I talk about BBM the footballer because in reality he was very, very average during his Dale career and with the passing of time those memories haven't been extinguished.

I prefer BBM the coach, the communicator and with a bit of luck BBM the managerial assistant to Chris Beech when that moment arrives. Let's not suddenly pretend he pulled up trees because he didn't!! The fact he has to talk experienced footballers through a set piece situation during a live football match says more about the players themselves than BBM, that should be sorted out before they take to the pitch.

Flit croft did a similar thing when he was part of the managerial team at Spotland, he was another very average footballer who some supporters suddenly elevated to hero status for whatever reason, he embarrassed himself, Keith Hill and the club during that particular performance ( I think it was against Oxford) when he seemed intent on causing injury.

It was against Gillingham on the last day of the season before we played them in the play-offs.
Two years, twenty two days on 08:36 - Oct 7 with 4039 viewsfermin

Wasn't it against Gillingham, immediately before we played them in the playoffs?
Two years, twenty two days on 08:42 - Oct 7 with 4023 viewsdingdangblue

How is a thread about the time gap between a player's appearances an attempt to blow smoke up their arse? How long was he on for? 10 mins? I dont think BBM will be on anyone's list of top 100 Dale players - personally I didn't mind him , kept it simple, decent pass and set piece. (not blowing smoke up his arse).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Two years, twenty two days on 09:27 - Oct 7 with 3929 viewsParkinsGimp

Surely we have better youngsters around than BBM. He has always been poor ever since he arrived. First match he moved like he had a piano on his back. Never liked him, just seemed a waste tonight.
Two years, twenty two days on 09:41 - Oct 7 with 3890 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Two years, twenty two days on 09:27 - Oct 7 by ParkinsGimp

Surely we have better youngsters around than BBM. He has always been poor ever since he arrived. First match he moved like he had a piano on his back. Never liked him, just seemed a waste tonight.

Quelle Surprise

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Two years, twenty two days on 10:26 - Oct 7 with 3847 viewsflyerdale

Is there any player that you have liked play for the club? I don't know why you bother supporting the club really
Login to get fewer ads

Two years, twenty two days on 10:42 - Oct 7 with 3810 viewsTVOS1907

Wasn't Col just making a statistical observation?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Two years, twenty two days on 10:43 - Oct 7 with 3808 viewsTVOS1907

He played eight minutes.

Two years, twenty two days on 11:36 - Oct 7 with 3733 viewsTalkingSutty

Two years, twenty two days on 10:42 - Oct 7 by TVOS1907

Wasn't Col just making a statistical observation?

So was i. He wasnt very good a couple of years ago so his inclusion now is nothing to rejoice.I would rather see a youngster given a run out.
Two years, twenty two days on 11:49 - Oct 7 with 3687 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Two years, twenty two days on 11:36 - Oct 7 by TalkingSutty

So was i. He wasnt very good a couple of years ago so his inclusion now is nothing to rejoice.I would rather see a youngster given a run out.

That's not a statistical observation. That's an opinion.

Two years, twenty two days on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 3616 viewsAtThePeake

Two years, twenty two days on 08:42 - Oct 7 by dingdangblue

How is a thread about the time gap between a player's appearances an attempt to blow smoke up their arse? How long was he on for? 10 mins? I dont think BBM will be on anyone's list of top 100 Dale players - personally I didn't mind him , kept it simple, decent pass and set piece. (not blowing smoke up his arse).

Au contraire, he would be in my top one.

Tangled up in blue.

Two years, twenty two days on 12:46 - Oct 7 with 3566 viewsSuddenLad

Two years, twenty two days on 08:36 - Oct 7 by alex_roch39

It was against Gillingham on the last day of the season before we played them in the play-offs.

...and the opposing manager on the day claimed to have 'never heard of him' and thought he had been brought on to 'cause damage'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Two years, twenty two days on 13:16 - Oct 7 with 3502 viewsfitzochris

I don't see an issue with BBM coming on for a few minutes of a match that was already being treated as an experiment of sorts.

I've always thought his value, on the pitch at least, was in keeping things calm and simple. At 2-1, perhaps Hilly wanted his experience to see the game out, rather than throw an unblooded youngster on?

Off the pitch, BBM is very, very highly regarded by everyone at the club. Says a lot.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Two years, twenty two days on 14:42 - Oct 7 with 3407 viewsTalkingSutty

Two years, twenty two days on 13:16 - Oct 7 by fitzochris

I don't see an issue with BBM coming on for a few minutes of a match that was already being treated as an experiment of sorts.

I've always thought his value, on the pitch at least, was in keeping things calm and simple. At 2-1, perhaps Hilly wanted his experience to see the game out, rather than throw an unblooded youngster on?

Off the pitch, BBM is very, very highly regarded by everyone at the club. Says a lot.

Yes, it wouldnt surprise me to see him become part of the management team st some stage. I just thought there would have been more value playing somebody like Ksimba Ksimba last night than BBM. All the defenders are experienced enough to see out the last few minutes of a JPT fixture, they shouldnt need babysitting.
Two years, twenty two days on 15:11 - Oct 7 with 3342 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Two years, twenty two days on 14:42 - Oct 7 by TalkingSutty

Yes, it wouldnt surprise me to see him become part of the management team st some stage. I just thought there would have been more value playing somebody like Ksimba Ksimba last night than BBM. All the defenders are experienced enough to see out the last few minutes of a JPT fixture, they shouldnt need babysitting.

I didn't see him babysit anybody. Just saw him contribute to retaining the ball very effectively for the short period he was on. Nothing more nothing less.

Two years, twenty two days on 15:25 - Oct 7 with 3329 viewsD_Alien

The intention behind BBM's few minutes on the pitch might extend beyond his effect on the game during that time. Many of the squad will have only played alongside him in training or bounce games. We've all heard how much of an influence he is in the dressing room and training ground, so maybe it was a message - especially to the younger players - saying, this is someone who can still play football. It can only enhance his influence on the training ground tomorrow, and for a long time to come.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Two years, twenty two days on 17:10 - Oct 7 with 3222 views1907

I swear some of you lot will actually moan about anything
Two years, twenty two days on 17:34 - Oct 7 with 3187 viewsboromat

Hooper was warming up as if he was about to come on and got called back to the dugout only for BBM to come in but I'm sure his time will come.

BBM came on and did everything right in fact when I've seen him recently in friendlies etc he's been one of our better performers. If he's still good enough why shouldn't he play!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Two years, twenty two days on 18:04 - Oct 7 with 3132 viewsTVOS1907

Two years, twenty two days on 17:10 - Oct 7 by 1907

I swear some of you lot will actually moan about anything

How many of 'us lot' on this thread are moaning?

Two years, twenty two days on 18:06 - Oct 7 with 3124 viewsTVOS1907

Two years, twenty two days on 11:36 - Oct 7 by TalkingSutty

Nobody has rejoiced at his inclusion. Col was just wondering about the gap between appearances.

I was more interested in Dale finishing the game with three hyphenated names on the pitch!

Two years, twenty two days on 18:35 - Oct 7 with 3072 viewsMBoothman

Consider the effects of bringing on a youngster who then gave the ball away for a goal, and then end up losing on pens.

BBM was brought on to help out Camps in that DM role, from Hill's comments I'm guessing Camps wasn't supposed to play there. He was getting coached all through the game by McNulty, so it made sense to bring someone to be an 'on the field manager' as Hill puts it.

Must be hard for BBM to keep fit for the odd snippet of a game but he's done it and all credit to him. Hills way of showing he's valued.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Two years, twenty two days on 18:54 - Oct 7 with 3045 views442Dale

Two years, twenty two days on 18:35 - Oct 7 by MBoothman

Consider the effects of bringing on a youngster who then gave the ball away for a goal, and then end up losing on pens.

BBM was brought on to help out Camps in that DM role, from Hill's comments I'm guessing Camps wasn't supposed to play there. He was getting coached all through the game by McNulty, so it made sense to bring someone to be an 'on the field manager' as Hill puts it.

Must be hard for BBM to keep fit for the odd snippet of a game but he's done it and all credit to him. Hills way of showing he's valued.

What did Hill say that led you to think that? Presume this is the Daleplayer interview.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Two years, twenty two days on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 3003 viewsD_Alien

Two years, twenty two days on 18:06 - Oct 7 by TVOS1907

Nobody has rejoiced at his inclusion. Col was just wondering about the gap between appearances.

I was more interested in Dale finishing the game with three hyphenated names on the pitch!

Must be a first, for Dale? If it ever gets beaten, you'll be able to preface your post with "Have you heard the one about the Englishman, Irishman and erm... Grenadien?"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024