Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England U21's 12:11 - Nov 18 with 3172 viewsdingdangblue

Never heard of this kid before. Duncan Watmore, started at Man Utd but released at a very early age. Played for Altrincham as a teenager and then bought by Sunderland . Been on loan at Hibs (Fitz ?) and now back at Sunderland. Started their last Premiership game and looks very talented. Turned the game for England U21's Monday, coming off the bench to score and set 2 up - lots of young English players seem to be coming through now which can only be good for the game in England.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 14:52]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

England U21's on 12:20 - Nov 18 with 3149 viewsdingdangblue

Some brilliant play on here. I know its non league but he looks a natural running with the ball (paddy-esque).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

England U21's on 12:33 - Nov 18 with 3113 viewsdingdangblue

He got mentioned on here May 2013!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/80188/page:2#.Vkxvv0ZFDq0

England U21's on 12:34 - Nov 18 with 3113 viewsboromat

Seen him a few times play for the U21s but always as a sub, always impresses and hopefully he'll get a start in the next match.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

England U21's on 13:27 - Nov 18 with 3057 viewsdingdangblue

England U21's on 12:34 - Nov 18 by boromat

Seen him a few times play for the U21s but always as a sub, always impresses and hopefully he'll get a start in the next match.

Clever lad too!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3322595/Duncan-Watmore-earned-

England U21's on 14:17 - Nov 18 with 2981 viewsaleanddale

Wow loved the Alty clips.

Every time he got the ball he had one thing on his mind... Head for goal at pace...

Caused mayhem.

A lot of excitement there in a 6 minute clip...
England U21's on 15:11 - Nov 18 with 2909 viewsdingdangblue

England U21's on 14:17 - Nov 18 by aleanddale

Every time he got the ball he had one thing on his mind... Head for goal at pace...

Caused mayhem.

Ha ha. Unbelievable - he scored at Spotland!!

C'mon Hilly - get your mate BigSam rang up.

England U21's on 15:19 - Nov 18 with 2895 viewsaltyfan

England U21's on 14:17 - Nov 18 by aleanddale

Caused mayhem.

Hi Guys, I did tell you we had a good youth system now at Alty, we are all so proud of Duncan. He is a local lad and his dad is a season ticket holder (and former Chief Exec of the FA) and is his agent too!

The season he played for us was one of the most exciting we had in years, scored 100 plus league goals and when Dunc played we averaged 1.5 goals a game more! To add to that he never committed a single foul in 35 games and is the most modest, intelligent lad you could wish to meet.

Whats been very frustrating is the lack of first team opportunities he's had a sunderland yet was Barclays premier U21 player of season, revelation of tournament for England U 20's in the summer, scored on his premier league debut recently yet only started a full game last week.

He has a great future.
England U21's on 16:16 - Nov 18 with 2833 viewsdingdangblue

England U21's on 15:19 - Nov 18 by altyfan

Hi Guys, I did tell you we had a good youth system now at Alty, we are all so proud of Duncan. He is a local lad and his dad is a season ticket holder (and former Chief Exec of the FA) and is his agent too!

The season he played for us was one of the most exciting we had in years, scored 100 plus league goals and when Dunc played we averaged 1.5 goals a game more! To add to that he never committed a single foul in 35 games and is the most modest, intelligent lad you could wish to meet.

Whats been very frustrating is the lack of first team opportunities he's had a sunderland yet was Barclays premier U21 player of season, revelation of tournament for England U 20's in the summer, scored on his premier league debut recently yet only started a full game last week.

He has a great future.

I know the fee was 'undisclosed' but has it been rumoured how much you got for him and any 'sell ons/add ons' ?
He looks a terrific player, so easy on the eye and a real crowd pleaser.

Login to get fewer ads

England U21's on 16:47 - Nov 18 with 2774 viewsD_Alien

Just as an aside, the way Watmore skinned the fullback for the third goal (OP highlights) is very similar to the way Bennett was beaten for Wigan's second last Saturday.

According to some, a fullback should never be beaten like that, but this shows even the best young fullbacks can be beaten by class forwards.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England U21's on 17:06 - Nov 18 with 2732 viewsRAFC_JS

England U21's on 12:33 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

He got mentioned on here May 2013!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/80188/page:2#.Vkxvv0ZFDq0

Was me that mentioned him back then, he's a great talent. Like to keep up local non league sides results and he caught my eye altys YouTube channel. Would of loved us to have signed him when I mentioned it, but glad that he's getting his chance in the top flight and on the international stage.
England U21's on 19:40 - Nov 18 with 2629 viewsaltyfan

England U21's on 16:16 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

I know the fee was 'undisclosed' but has it been rumoured how much you got for him and any 'sell ons/add ons' ?
He looks a terrific player, so easy on the eye and a real crowd pleaser.

Yes we did get a fee and sell ons for him but the club never discloses such things, ever.
England U21's on 21:08 - Nov 18 with 2542 viewsfitzochris

He played in an horrendous Hibs side that was eventually relegated from the SPL. Think he was injured a lot and I seem to remember reading an article where he said it reminded him of non-league football. Arf.

He didn't play in the relegation play-off against Hamilton, a game that I watched, so I didn't see him play.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

England U21's on 22:27 - Nov 18 with 2476 viewsdingdangblue

Good Article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/12004332/.html

England U21's on 14:54 - Nov 19 with 2309 viewsdingdangblue

England U21's on 16:47 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

Just as an aside, the way Watmore skinned the fullback for the third goal (OP highlights) is very similar to the way Bennett was beaten for Wigan's second last Saturday.

According to some, a fullback should never be beaten like that, but this shows even the best young fullbacks can be beaten by class forwards.

There's an even better example for Gills 3rd goal v bury. The way he runs wide to go past the defender is almost identical to the Wigan winger.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024