Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World T20 Cup thread 14:05 - Mar 15 with 2536 viewsDaley_Lama

Boring start so far

NZ decide to bat

6 W 6

12/1 off 3 balls

Poll: DF in or out

World T20 Cup thread on 16:10 - Mar 15 with 1861 viewsDaley_Lama

NZ 126-7

Ind 12-3

All 3 Indian wickets to spin. England take note (not that they will)

Rashid
Ali
Dawson

All three should play for me even if we sacrifice a middle order batsman.

World T20 Cup thread on 16:13 - Mar 15 with 1854 views_dezzy

World T20 Cup thread on 16:10 - Mar 15 by Daley_Lama

NZ 126-7

Ind 12-3

All 3 Indian wickets to spin. England take note (not that they will)

Rashid
Ali
Dawson

All three should play for me even if we sacrifice a middle order batsman.

Dawson is a bucket

KHBA

World T20 Cup thread on 16:39 - Mar 15 with 1833 viewsDaley_Lama

World T20 Cup thread on 16:13 - Mar 15 by _dezzy

Dawson is a bucket

Ind 43-7 (all to spin)

Dawson could fill his bucket if this is the type of wicket all matches are to be played on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 16:40]

World T20 Cup thread on 17:11 - Mar 15 with 1807 viewsrobbowood

World T20 Cup thread on 16:39 - Mar 15 by Daley_Lama

Ind 43-7 (all to spin)

Dawson could fill his bucket if this is the type of wicket all matches are to be played on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 16:40]

Pitches like this make the game a lottery (and T20 is a lottery most times already!)

When India beat South Africa on the same ground in a Test last November the match finished inside three days. Batsmen had to contend with variable turn, pace and bounce on the first day !!! I think the Indian Board were fined by the ICC for producing such a pitch

Hopefully pitches won't be all like this at the other venues
World T20 Cup thread on 15:48 - Mar 16 with 1706 viewsDaley_Lama

England set WI 183 to win.

Decent total for me.

World T20 Cup thread on 16:23 - Mar 16 with 1681 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 Cup thread on 15:48 - Mar 16 by Daley_Lama

England set WI 183 to win.

Decent total for me.

It is decent but a nervous start for the bowlers in the first 6 overs. Legside wides, full tosses.

Need some wickets from the spinners now the power play is over
World T20 Cup thread on 16:28 - Mar 16 with 1673 viewsDaley_Lama

Wicket already for Rashid, 3rd ball in.

I still question why England are going with Stokes, Wiley, Topley and Jordan and only 2 spinners.

World T20 Cup thread on 16:35 - Mar 16 with 1668 viewsTalkingSutty

World T20 Cup thread on 16:28 - Mar 16 by Daley_Lama

Wicket already for Rashid, 3rd ball in.

I still question why England are going with Stokes, Wiley, Topley and Jordan and only 2 spinners.

Another twenty minutes of Gayle and its game over.
Login to get fewer ads

World T20 Cup thread on 16:48 - Mar 16 with 1657 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 Cup thread on 16:35 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Another twenty minutes of Gayle and its game over.

Or get the other 10 out quickly !!
World T20 Cup thread on 17:00 - Mar 16 with 1644 viewsDaley_Lama

World T20 Cup thread on 16:48 - Mar 16 by Nigeriamark

Or get the other 10 out quickly !!

We will need 10 no matter who we get, but Gayle right now would be very helpful indeed.

124-4 (13)

World T20 Cup thread on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 1626 viewsDaley_Lama

I hate* Chris Gayle

*for today only, the awesome sod

World T20 Cup thread on 17:37 - Mar 16 with 1609 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 Cup thread on 17:00 - Mar 16 by Daley_Lama

We will need 10 no matter who we get, but Gayle right now would be very helpful indeed.

124-4 (13)

I meant the other 10 ( would only need 9 of the others if we got CG out)

Academic now anyway. .We didn't bowl well with a lot of extras, but sometimes you just have to admire a master of his art when he gets it right

He will probably get a duck in the next one !!
World T20 Cup thread on 19:25 - Mar 16 with 1559 viewsTalkingSutty

World T20 Cup thread on 17:37 - Mar 16 by Nigeriamark

I meant the other 10 ( would only need 9 of the others if we got CG out)

Academic now anyway. .We didn't bowl well with a lot of extras, but sometimes you just have to admire a master of his art when he gets it right

He will probably get a duck in the next one !!

He is awesome. A flawed genius but on his day there's nobody better.You've always got that problem when you face the Windies, if Gayles in the team he's more than capable of changing a game and winning it on his own. It doesn't matter who they play, if he's in the mood, they normally win.

Watched him plenty of times in test matches and you could see he was bored. Restrict his scoring for a few overs and you had his wicket, normally top edging one to long leg. He didn't ever have the mental capacity for the long game,but if he had I am sure he would have broken plenty of records. A bit of the Viv Richards about him but obviously not quite as good
World T20 Cup thread on 15:47 - Mar 17 with 1482 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 Cup thread on 19:25 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

He is awesome. A flawed genius but on his day there's nobody better.You've always got that problem when you face the Windies, if Gayles in the team he's more than capable of changing a game and winning it on his own. It doesn't matter who they play, if he's in the mood, they normally win.

Watched him plenty of times in test matches and you could see he was bored. Restrict his scoring for a few overs and you had his wicket, normally top edging one to long leg. He didn't ever have the mental capacity for the long game,but if he had I am sure he would have broken plenty of records. A bit of the Viv Richards about him but obviously not quite as good

Imagine Sir Viv playing T20 with today's bats - That would be worth watching

One of my all time favourite batsmen
World T20 Cup thread on 17:31 - Mar 17 with 1456 viewsTalkingSutty

World T20 Cup thread on 15:47 - Mar 17 by Nigeriamark

Imagine Sir Viv playing T20 with today's bats - That would be worth watching

One of my all time favourite batsmen

He was extremely well liked in Rishton also....He went through the entire village allegedly
World T20 Cup thread on 18:35 - Mar 17 with 1435 viewsrobbowood

World T20 Cup thread on 17:31 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

He was extremely well liked in Rishton also....He went through the entire village allegedly

I saw Viv Richards make his Lancashire League debut for Rishton at Rishton. A massive crowd and arrived in a helicopter. Allan Donald was the opposition Professional (for gotten who for), When Richards was out about 90% of the spectators left the ground!!

I also saw him make about 180 for Somerset against Lancashire at Southport - was a superb innings - and in another county championship game at OT I recall the sound of crashing glass (the dressing room door or maybe it was a window?) after he he was given out lbw and stormed off not happy with the umpire's decision!!
World T20 Cup thread on 18:43 - Mar 17 with 1428 viewsTalkingSutty

World T20 Cup thread on 18:35 - Mar 17 by robbowood

I saw Viv Richards make his Lancashire League debut for Rishton at Rishton. A massive crowd and arrived in a helicopter. Allan Donald was the opposition Professional (for gotten who for), When Richards was out about 90% of the spectators left the ground!!

I also saw him make about 180 for Somerset against Lancashire at Southport - was a superb innings - and in another county championship game at OT I recall the sound of crashing glass (the dressing room door or maybe it was a window?) after he he was given out lbw and stormed off not happy with the umpire's decision!!

I was at that Rishton game, everybody in the ground booing the fielder as he stood underneath the catch. Anyway he pouched it and everybody went home.
World T20 Cup thread on 20:39 - Mar 17 with 1381 viewsrobbowood

World T20 Cup thread on 18:43 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

I was at that Rishton game, everybody in the ground booing the fielder as he stood underneath the catch. Anyway he pouched it and everybody went home.

Amazing that us two Dale fans should be at Rishton CC that afternoon

I was at the opposite end to where the fielder was

A small world!!
World T20 Cup thread on 21:55 - Mar 17 with 1359 viewsTVOS1907

World T20 Cup thread on 18:35 - Mar 17 by robbowood

Allan Donald only played FOR Rishton in the Lancashire League (nine years after Richards) and Viv's debut was at home to Haslingden, whose pro' was Eddo Brandes.

These links shows all Richards' games for Rishton. I was at the game at Tod on 4th July; there was a collective groan when he was out for 40.

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/1/1435/Lancashire_League_Matches.html

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/1/1435/Lancashire_League_Worsley_Cup_Matches

These links shows all of Donald's games for Rishton:

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/2/2010/Lancashire_League_Matches.html

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/2/2010/Lancashire_League_Worsley_Cup_Matches

There were some very interesting names as professionals in the league back then, including Steve Waugh and current umpire Rod Tucker.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 21:57]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

World T20 Cup thread on 22:18 - Mar 17 with 1343 viewsrobbowood

World T20 Cup thread on 21:55 - Mar 17 by TVOS1907

Allan Donald only played FOR Rishton in the Lancashire League (nine years after Richards) and Viv's debut was at home to Haslingden, whose pro' was Eddo Brandes.

These links shows all Richards' games for Rishton. I was at the game at Tod on 4th July; there was a collective groan when he was out for 40.

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/1/1435/Lancashire_League_Matches.html

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/1/1435/Lancashire_League_Worsley_Cup_Matches

These links shows all of Donald's games for Rishton:

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/2/2010/Lancashire_League_Matches.html

http://lancashireleague.com/Players/2/2010/Lancashire_League_Worsley_Cup_Matches

There were some very interesting names as professionals in the league back then, including Steve Waugh and current umpire Rod Tucker.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 21:57]

Fair enough - I stand 100% corrected

I obviously then saw Brandes as opposition Pro in Richard's debut. I don't recall Brandes doing anything special. I stayed to the very end and there were not many spectators left by then

I knew Donald had some connection with Rishton in some shape or form

These days the quality of the Pros are nothing like they were then and in a lot of cases now a complete waste of monmey
World T20 Cup thread on 14:25 - Mar 18 with 1271 viewsroccydaleian

World T20 Cup thread on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 1267 viewsScunnydale

Reckon the Saffers will declare to give us some sort of hope?!
World T20 Cup thread on 14:33 - Mar 18 with 1255 viewssince58

As Lloydy would say start the plane .
World T20 Cup thread on 15:21 - Mar 18 with 1230 viewsdingdangblue

Quality text message from the BBC live online coverage:

Matt at Thames Baths: Would Chris Jordan be better off just throwing it over the boundary? It would save the bother of a run up...

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

World T20 Cup thread on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 1213 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 Cup thread on 15:21 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Quality text message from the BBC live online coverage:

Matt at Thames Baths: Would Chris Jordan be better off just throwing it over the boundary? It would save the bother of a run up...

Only tuned in after 17 overs. Might tune out again !!

1st 6 overs key - probably need about 90
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024