Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! 19:12 - Apr 24 with 2397 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Drew 28 -28 with Toooooloose.
Good stuff........

Any one there to see the show?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2367 viewsmingthemerciless

Me, Fantastic heart stopping game. Toulouse went 16-0 up in about the same number of minutes. Slick handling and running left us chasing shadows. Hornets looking down the barrel of the gun. We gradually fought our way back into the game and went in at half time neck and neck.

Second half was a real arm wrestle with Hornets getting in front by 24-16 I think. Toulouse came back right at the death with a bit of help from the officials to go in front 28-26. With the clock ticking down Hornets knocked over a penalty to make the score 28-28 ! Best £12 I've spent for a long while. Not much " Entente Cordiale "on display, they don't like it up 'em in Toulouse. They were kicking off left right and centre when they were losing.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:03 - Apr 24 with 2286 views442Dale

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 19:23 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

Me, Fantastic heart stopping game. Toulouse went 16-0 up in about the same number of minutes. Slick handling and running left us chasing shadows. Hornets looking down the barrel of the gun. We gradually fought our way back into the game and went in at half time neck and neck.

Second half was a real arm wrestle with Hornets getting in front by 24-16 I think. Toulouse came back right at the death with a bit of help from the officials to go in front 28-26. With the clock ticking down Hornets knocked over a penalty to make the score 28-28 ! Best £12 I've spent for a long while. Not much " Entente Cordiale "on display, they don't like it up 'em in Toulouse. They were kicking off left right and centre when they were losing.

Why are Hornets' socks red? Blue used to be the predominant colour. The hooped shirts are fine by including the three main colours of the club, but the red socks are jarring and shift the emphasis away from blue.

Happy to help.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:14 - Apr 24 with 2250 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:03 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Why are Hornets' socks red? Blue used to be the predominant colour. The hooped shirts are fine by including the three main colours of the club, but the red socks are jarring and shift the emphasis away from blue.

Happy to help.

I can't answer that but here's a quiz question for you. Apart from Hornets what other teams ( either football or rugby ) play in the national colours of red, white and blue ?
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:20 - Apr 24 with 2232 views442Dale

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:14 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

I can't answer that but here's a quiz question for you. Apart from Hornets what other teams ( either football or rugby ) play in the national colours of red, white and blue ?

Oldham, Gillingham, Carlisle, Portsmouth, Blackburn often have red trim/numbers, Stoke blue numbers.

The combination is quite rare actually yet you wouldn't think it would be.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:22]

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2229 viewsSuddenLad

Some rather disturbing allegations of bitnig have emerged following the game and have been reported by the referee. Some Frechman is the culprit.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2229 views_dezzy

Rangers

KHBA

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:41 - Apr 24 with 2188 viewsBartRowou

Czech Republic (or Czechia as they will soon be known).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:42 - Apr 24 with 2185 viewsTalkingSutty

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:21 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

Some rather disturbing allegations of bitnig have emerged following the game and have been reported by the referee. Some Frechman is the culprit.

Have you been on t'piss?

#bitnig
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:45 - Apr 24 with 2176 viewsSuddenLad

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:42 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

Have you been on t'piss?

#bitnig
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:43]

Not this week. !

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_21717-toulouse-caught-up-in-biting-allegatio

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:51 - Apr 24 with 2150 viewsTalkingSutty

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:45 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

Not this week. !

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_21717-toulouse-caught-up-in-biting-allegatio

Good on Hornets, really glad they are doing well and hope they thrive.Never met their Chairman but heard some good things about him.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 2111 views442Dale

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:45 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

Not this week. !

But Bastien loves Rochdale...

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 21:47 - Apr 24 with 2039 viewsBraemar60

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 19:23 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

A good summary. Prior to today Toulouse had only conceded six points. In the first 20 minutes I feared the worst with Toulouse going 16-0 up. They looked like the full-time team that they are. Moved the ball quickly and looked fitter, quicker and stronger.
Good to see Hornets fight back which Toulouse didn't like at all. They became very ill-disciplined with a number of head high tackles missed by the referee and his touch judges. Just like watching Dale on a Saturday for poor referees and linesmen. Toulouse were obviously rattled, quite a few punch-ups also. A draw was about right overall after a poor start, fighting their way back to be 26-16 up in the second half and nearly pinching it right at the end with a drop goal attempt at 28-28.
Not sure why a full-time team have been put into League 1 and wrapped in cotton wool by the RFL. Toulouse didn't play on Easter weekend and didn't play in the League Cup. Why they weren't just put straight into the Championship I don't know.
An entertaining afternoon which even included pre-match National Anthems!!
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 22:51 - Apr 24 with 1983 viewspioneer

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:20 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Oldham, Gillingham, Carlisle, Portsmouth, Blackburn often have red trim/numbers, Stoke blue numbers.

The combination is quite rare actually yet you wouldn't think it would be.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:22]

wakefield trinity
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 00:18 - Apr 25 with 1924 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The AFC might need the Hornets rent money to cover the shortfall from the boycott of Dale fans not buying Season Tickets?
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 03:34 - Apr 25 with 1875 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 21:47 - Apr 24 by Braemar60

A good summary. Prior to today Toulouse had only conceded six points. In the first 20 minutes I feared the worst with Toulouse going 16-0 up. They looked like the full-time team that they are. Moved the ball quickly and looked fitter, quicker and stronger.
Good to see Hornets fight back which Toulouse didn't like at all. They became very ill-disciplined with a number of head high tackles missed by the referee and his touch judges. Just like watching Dale on a Saturday for poor referees and linesmen. Toulouse were obviously rattled, quite a few punch-ups also. A draw was about right overall after a poor start, fighting their way back to be 26-16 up in the second half and nearly pinching it right at the end with a drop goal attempt at 28-28.
Not sure why a full-time team have been put into League 1 and wrapped in cotton wool by the RFL. Toulouse didn't play on Easter weekend and didn't play in the League Cup. Why they weren't just put straight into the Championship I don't know.
An entertaining afternoon which even included pre-match National Anthems!!

Reading League Express this morning there is an article on page 2 with the Hornets Chief Exec, Ryan Bradley going to town on the Referee and the RFL.

Not a happy chap at all and quite rightly so by the sounds of it.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 08:34 - Apr 25 with 1790 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 00:18 - Apr 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

The AFC might need the Hornets rent money to cover the shortfall from the boycott of Dale fans not buying Season Tickets?

The bar wasn't has busy yesterday. Not much sign of our visitors in the bar although you could hear them singing during the game. The story was they had to leave for the airport straight after the game.

They really were a spoiling team so Ryan Bradley has got a case. They were OK while they were winning but as soon as they were losing they kicked off. Every time things went against them like dropped balls or when we scored a try they managed to involve us in a series of brawls that broke up our rhythm.

I don't know about the biting. I saw one of our players showing his arm to the referee but it could have been a case of arm to teeth rather than teeth to arm. The incident was put on report so the judiciary will review the video and act accordingly.

The football league could do with adopting a similar rule along with the sin bin rule.

How many times do you see football games spoiled by harsh sendings off ? 10 or 15 minutes off the pitch is a more appropriate punishment for lots of offences.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 16:55 - Apr 25 with 1631 viewspioneer

Attendance 563 despite the impressive advertising. They deserved more but people have got out of the habit and its hard to get them back. Not that folk at the football club seem to realise that.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 17:52 - Apr 25 with 1596 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 16:55 - Apr 25 by pioneer

Attendance 563 despite the impressive advertising. They deserved more but people have got out of the habit and its hard to get them back. Not that folk at the football club seem to realise that.

It's always been an up hill struggle getting people to watch live sport in this town. It's getting more difficult as time goes by. I've been in bigger crowds at " A " team games in the past but we are were we are. The stay aways missed an absolute classic yesterday.
Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 19:34 - Apr 25 with 1517 viewsDomDale

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 17:52 - Apr 25 by mingthemerciless

It's always been an up hill struggle getting people to watch live sport in this town. It's getting more difficult as time goes by. I've been in bigger crowds at " A " team games in the past but we are were we are. The stay aways missed an absolute classic yesterday.

Agh. I made a late decision not to go and regret it. Seems Hornets were v unlucky not to win. Going to get down to a lot more local RL games this summer and hope Hornets can maintain a full title challenge!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 20:00 - Apr 25 with 1486 views1907

Hornets: Still unbeaten in t'league! on 16:55 - Apr 25 by pioneer

When I saw the sign I thought you could enter the ground for £1 and really fancied going, as soon as I looked on the site and saw the price I decided against it. Wish the football club and rugby club could do something in conjunction for season ticket holders
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024