Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar announcement 20:07 - Jul 18 with 6848 viewsonedalefan

'Rochdale Football Club can confirm that Studds Bar, situated in the Pearl Street Stand, will only be accessible from inside the ground on matchdays during the 2016-17 season. There will be no access from the car park. The bar will be open to supporters in the Pearl Street Stand, and turnstiles will open an hour before kick-off. Turnstiles may open earlier for high profile games'.

Another well thought out idea from the club to alienate a section of fans and cut down on money being taken,
Studds Bar announcement on 20:11 - Jul 18 with 5058 views442Dale

How many fans use it before games? I've not been in for years but it was good that fans had a choice.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Studds Bar announcement on 20:18 - Jul 18 with 5028 viewsChaffRAFC

Would be interesting to know how much money the club made in bar takings from the half time and pre-match opening times minus bar staff wages in comparison to stewarding the Sandy Lane.

If the stewarding costs more than what we make in bar takings, surely now is the perfect opportunity to close the Sandy Lane and Studds Bar (may as well for what it's worth, just have it for functions), stick all the Pearl Street fans and the Sandy Lane fans in the Wilbutts Lane Stand, charge the average between the two stands and stick away fans in the Pearl Street and trial it to see if we can't build an away match style atmosphere at home.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Studds Bar announcement on 20:37 - Jul 18 with 4969 viewsboromat

Not surprised by the announcement always been a bit of a pain kicking people out before kick off. Now it'll be able to open and stay open and with less stewarding maybe. If you don't go in the pearl Street end you have the ratcliffe and dale bar.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Studds Bar announcement on 20:49 - Jul 18 with 4927 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Was there not an accusation a few years back that fans walked into Studds and then straight into the ground without paying ?
Studds Bar announcement on 20:56 - Jul 18 with 4896 viewsdingdangblue

Studds Bar announcement on 20:11 - Jul 18 by 442Dale

How many fans use it before games? I've not been in for years but it was good that fans had a choice.

It was busy quite a bit last season when they did the kids promotions/events.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Studds Bar announcement on 21:09 - Jul 18 with 4851 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar announcement on 20:18 - Jul 18 by ChaffRAFC

Would be interesting to know how much money the club made in bar takings from the half time and pre-match opening times minus bar staff wages in comparison to stewarding the Sandy Lane.

If the stewarding costs more than what we make in bar takings, surely now is the perfect opportunity to close the Sandy Lane and Studds Bar (may as well for what it's worth, just have it for functions), stick all the Pearl Street fans and the Sandy Lane fans in the Wilbutts Lane Stand, charge the average between the two stands and stick away fans in the Pearl Street and trial it to see if we can't build an away match style atmosphere at home.

Crazy idea that, no home fans behind any of the goals and no access to any of the interior bars for the fans. Maybe the worst thought out idea I have seen on the forum for a long time and there's been plenty of competition. It's just like giving up Home advantage and having nowhere warm or comfortable with good facilities for the supporters ( Studs Bar is always packed at half time and even gets some staying in the bar during the game in inclement weather), a quick way to diminish the crowd even further that one Chaff. Have you been drinking
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 21:31]
Studds Bar announcement on 21:12 - Jul 18 with 4840 viewsrochdaleriddler

another decision made without any consultation

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Studds Bar announcement on 21:17 - Jul 18 with 4816 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar announcement on 20:37 - Jul 18 by boromat

Not surprised by the announcement always been a bit of a pain kicking people out before kick off. Now it'll be able to open and stay open and with less stewarding maybe. If you don't go in the pearl Street end you have the ratcliffe and dale bar.

I think it's a very good idea. Just pay into the ground early and the facility is there to have a drink up towards kick off time rather than sitting in your seat in the stand or having to drink up , exit the bar and then queue up to enter the ground. It's also open until 6 PM which will be handy for some.

It just seems a whole lot easier when you think about it. I would imagine the large percentage of those who drink in the bar prior to the game pay into the TDS Stand anyway. Then again,maybe I'm missing something.
Login to get fewer ads

Studds Bar announcement on 05:53 - Jul 19 with 4518 viewsColDale

It would appear that the TV Premier League fixtures that take place on a Saturday lunchtime are back on Sky this season as opposed to BT Sports, meaning that we will have the option of pushing this angle to drag people into the club bars as opposed to local pubs (the club doesn't have BT Sports). If Studds opens one hour before kick off, we won't have a situation of people watching the game elsewhere before heading to Studds to watch the last half hour of the game.

Its fine making it a Pearl Street perk, giving those supporters exclusive access, but at least have turnstiles open early enough to allow supporters to take advantage of it.
Studds Bar announcement on 07:25 - Jul 19 with 4463 viewsdale_spotland

I like this idea, always made more sense to me to get people paid into the ground and then in the bar.

Let's just hope common sense is applied in regards to the turnstile opening times, which sounds like it will.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Studds Bar announcement on 07:59 - Jul 19 with 4414 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar announcement on 05:53 - Jul 19 by ColDale

It would appear that the TV Premier League fixtures that take place on a Saturday lunchtime are back on Sky this season as opposed to BT Sports, meaning that we will have the option of pushing this angle to drag people into the club bars as opposed to local pubs (the club doesn't have BT Sports). If Studds opens one hour before kick off, we won't have a situation of people watching the game elsewhere before heading to Studds to watch the last half hour of the game.

Its fine making it a Pearl Street perk, giving those supporters exclusive access, but at least have turnstiles open early enough to allow supporters to take advantage of it.

Agree with that. If it's done right regarding opening the turnstiles early then I like the idea. If the Turnstile Operators and Bar Staff are not co- ordinating with each other then it will really piss people off. There's nothing worse than standing outside closed turnstiles on a winters day waiting for staff to turn up, especially if they have planned to watch a tasty game in the bar before hand.

Which brings me on to another subject, I wonder if the large wall projection screen will be working properly this Season, it's worth a little investment in now we own the Stadium. The screens mounted on the wall are too small to sit at a table and watch a match.
Studds Bar announcement on 09:17 - Jul 19 with 4322 viewsdingdangblue

Studds Bar announcement on 07:59 - Jul 19 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that. If it's done right regarding opening the turnstiles early then I like the idea. If the Turnstile Operators and Bar Staff are not co- ordinating with each other then it will really piss people off. There's nothing worse than standing outside closed turnstiles on a winters day waiting for staff to turn up, especially if they have planned to watch a tasty game in the bar before hand.

Which brings me on to another subject, I wonder if the large wall projection screen will be working properly this Season, it's worth a little investment in now we own the Stadium. The screens mounted on the wall are too small to sit at a table and watch a match.

Saturday lunchtime games kick off at 12.45. Are the club really going to open the turnstiles at 12.30 and pay someone to operate them ? Cant see it somehow. Especially in Studds which is a shithole really - most I know go to Spotland Social club which is much nicer.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Studds Bar announcement on 09:22 - Jul 19 with 4309 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar announcement on 09:17 - Jul 19 by dingdangblue

Saturday lunchtime games kick off at 12.45. Are the club really going to open the turnstiles at 12.30 and pay someone to operate them ? Cant see it somehow. Especially in Studds which is a shithole really - most I know go to Spotland Social club which is much nicer.

Correct, if the tutnstilws are in operation in order to gain access then fair enough. I would imagine more eill drink in the Dale Bar and Ratcliffe.Is there a price differential between Studds and the other bars?
Studds Bar announcement on 09:31 - Jul 19 with 4282 viewsaleanddale

Studds Bar announcement on 09:17 - Jul 19 by dingdangblue

Get the powers that be into Spotland Social club between 12 and 2.45 on a match day.

make some mental notes ( how well they do the simple stuff )

spend a few quid and replicate in Studds.

for this to work the turnstile needs opening bang on 12.00 noon for a 3pm kick off and some incentive to spend money here rather than a very nice option at Spotland Social club!!

Or buy Spotland Social Club!!

the lighting in Studds needs to be a priority its dungeon like down there!
Studds Bar announcement on 09:41 - Jul 19 with 4262 viewsdingdangblue

Studds Bar announcement on 09:31 - Jul 19 by aleanddale

Get the powers that be into Spotland Social club between 12 and 2.45 on a match day.

make some mental notes ( how well they do the simple stuff )

spend a few quid and replicate in Studds.

for this to work the turnstile needs opening bang on 12.00 noon for a 3pm kick off and some incentive to spend money here rather than a very nice option at Spotland Social club!!

Or buy Spotland Social Club!!

the lighting in Studds needs to be a priority its dungeon like down there!

At the end of the day , Studds is alright for a half time pint, but beyond that id never choose it as venue - dark, no windows, everyone cramped together with not much room to move around.

Studds Bar announcement on 14:09 - Jul 19 with 4043 viewsrochdaleriddler

Studds Bar announcement on 07:25 - Jul 19 by dale_spotland

I like this idea, always made more sense to me to get people paid into the ground and then in the bar.

Let's just hope common sense is applied in regards to the turnstile opening times, which sounds like it will.

an hour before kick off? what aboutgetting people in early to watch early games on sky?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Studds Bar announcement on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 4015 viewsdingdangblue

Studds Bar announcement on 14:09 - Jul 19 by rochdaleriddler

an hour before kick off? what aboutgetting people in early to watch early games on sky?

Wont the Ratcliffe's/Dale bar be open before the match showing the Sky games? Seems pointless having loads of bars open doing the same thing? Wont it be better if fans are using just the one bar and lets face it its a lit nicer than Studds. Then obviously there is the Spotland social club too - Dale need to try and get fans to the stadium now they own it - they need to look at beer promotions and prices or else people will go elsewhere.

Studds Bar announcement on 23:25 - Jul 19 with 3777 views100569

Studds Bar announcement on 14:09 - Jul 19 by rochdaleriddler

" An hour before kick off " Well that didn't happen. I normally go in Spotland Reform pre match but I knew I would be later tonight so I thought I would give Studds a try. I was there for 6.50pm and all turnstiles were closed ! Finally opened at 7.04pm got to the bar to be told " You wont like this but the prices have gone up " I paid £3.50 for a pint of Tetleys ! Whats more I happen to be a smoker ,so under this new policy I cannot now go out for a cigarette pre match. Sorry RAFC you have got this horribly wrong. If you want to get supporters using the facilities there, you are going to have to have a re- think. I and my group who attend league matches (all smokers) will continue to use Spotland Reform Club
Studds Bar announcement on 07:24 - Jul 20 with 3649 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar announcement on 23:25 - Jul 19 by 100569

" An hour before kick off " Well that didn't happen. I normally go in Spotland Reform pre match but I knew I would be later tonight so I thought I would give Studds a try. I was there for 6.50pm and all turnstiles were closed ! Finally opened at 7.04pm got to the bar to be told " You wont like this but the prices have gone up " I paid £3.50 for a pint of Tetleys ! Whats more I happen to be a smoker ,so under this new policy I cannot now go out for a cigarette pre match. Sorry RAFC you have got this horribly wrong. If you want to get supporters using the facilities there, you are going to have to have a re- think. I and my group who attend league matches (all smokers) will continue to use Spotland Reform Club

£3.50 for a pint of Bitter....seriously??
Studds Bar announcement on 10:51 - Jul 20 with 3563 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar announcement on 07:24 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

£3.50 for a pint of Bitter....seriously??

This has got to be a joke.

I wouldn't pay 35p for a pint of Tetley piss unless there's nothing else on offer. As previously said, Studds is strictly for a quick half-time gargle. It'd be a waste of money trying to upgrade it due to no external lighting and the general mess made every game by beer swilling, farting Pearl Streeters (including me )

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Studds Bar announcement on 11:30 - Jul 20 with 3530 viewsDaleiLama

Studds Bar announcement on 10:51 - Jul 20 by D_Alien

This has got to be a joke.

I wouldn't pay 35p for a pint of Tetley piss unless there's nothing else on offer. As previously said, Studds is strictly for a quick half-time gargle. It'd be a waste of money trying to upgrade it due to no external lighting and the general mess made every game by beer swilling, farting Pearl Streeters (including me )

£3.50 for a pint of Tetley in the dark?
Hmmmm. Think it's RAFC in the dark (ages)?
Consumerism has moved on.
It's still not too late to catch up though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Studds Bar announcement on 12:12 - Jul 20 with 3481 viewsdeeplishblue

Serious question - what is a reasonable price to pay for a pint of Tetley?

I don't go to pubs much these days - I know that in the Cemetery bitter usually costs about this - but it is better quality.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Studds Bar announcement on 12:44 - Jul 20 with 3439 viewsKenBoon

They should just close it down. It's pointless waiting for that dark, dingy dump with awful beer to wind itself down. By all reports there's clearly no interest in improving the shithole. Extend the existing food parts a little to serve alcohol and convert the rest of studds into offices.
Studds Bar announcement on 13:51 - Jul 20 with 3386 viewsTVOS1907

Studds Bar announcement on 12:44 - Jul 20 by KenBoon

They should just close it down. It's pointless waiting for that dark, dingy dump with awful beer to wind itself down. By all reports there's clearly no interest in improving the shithole. Extend the existing food parts a little to serve alcohol and convert the rest of studds into offices.

There's a school of thought that it would be an ideal location for a new club shop/megamegastore type of place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Studds Bar announcement on 14:32 - Jul 20 with 3362 viewsdingdangblue

Studds Bar announcement on 12:12 - Jul 20 by deeplishblue

Serious question - what is a reasonable price to pay for a pint of Tetley?

I don't go to pubs much these days - I know that in the Cemetery bitter usually costs about this - but it is better quality.

I'm pretty sure you can get a decent pint of bitter/Ale at Spotland Reform for £2.30-£2.50. Lets face it they could have no beer on tap and just sell cans from the fridge at £2 a can and still make a cracking profit per can.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024