Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night 00:01 - Jan 8 with 6327 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lets just hope we get a HOME draw for a change...........Ball no 3 would be ideal (mufc).

There are not that many poor draws but I would n't want us off to Millwall, Watford, Dons or Brentford..........surely we are due a plum tie?
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:04 - Jan 8 with 3746 views442Dale

I've seen Dale play at Man Utd and Liverpool in my lifetime, the two most successful teams in English football history, we've done ok for "plum" ties.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:08 - Jan 8 with 3727 viewsflyerdale

What do you mean 'drawn at home for a change'? Must be a glory supporter
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:14 - Jan 8 with 3705 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:08 - Jan 8 by flyerdale

What do you mean 'drawn at home for a change'? Must be a glory supporter

3 Away ties so far this Cup run......Home time!
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:17 - Jan 8 with 3689 viewsdingdangblue

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:04 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

I've seen Dale play at Man Utd and Liverpool in my lifetime, the two most successful teams in English football history, we've done ok for "plum" ties.

O.k. but could do better. Its time for this cracking manager and team and fans to be rewarded.........please.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 00:42 - Jan 8 with 3633 viewsShun

The most recent of those was twenty years ago!

Both of those matches were before my supporting days. We've had some terrific ties in my years, with Charlton away probably being the pick of them. Stoke and Leeds at home just miss out. But it would be nice to get one of those once in a generation ties away to a top side.
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 06:38 - Jan 8 with 3476 viewsSandyman

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jan/06/the-emirates-fa-cup-fourth-round-draw-ball
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:05 - Jan 8 with 3318 viewsColDale

We were talking last night in the pub, and probably getting a little bit carried away with ourselves, but given the success of our current side, should we get favourable draws, we'll never have a breed chance of making it through to the quarter finals. We're not the plucky minnows of yesteryear and there won't be many sides who'd want to play us at the moment. I'd certainly fancy us against any Championship side at home. Couple of decent draws and you just don't know...
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:22 - Jan 8 with 3243 viewsfitzochris

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:05 - Jan 8 by ColDale

We were talking last night in the pub, and probably getting a little bit carried away with ourselves, but given the success of our current side, should we get favourable draws, we'll never have a breed chance of making it through to the quarter finals. We're not the plucky minnows of yesteryear and there won't be many sides who'd want to play us at the moment. I'd certainly fancy us against any Championship side at home. Couple of decent draws and you just don't know...

Bradford reached a League Cup final, while still a League Two side, in recent history. A freak occurrence, granted, but it shows anything is possible.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 3179 viewsjustanillusion

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:05 - Jan 8 by ColDale

Agree Col, Championship side will do nicely for Dale, the last club I would want would be Man United who historically charge rip off prices for away supporters in FA cup matches ( Reading adults were charged £37-£45 per ticket) and i think the whole experience at Gold Trafford, with many of the prawn sandwich brigade in attendance in the home ends, would be sh*te
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 3101 viewsSaxonDale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:43 - Jan 8 by justanillusion

Agree Col, Championship side will do nicely for Dale, the last club I would want would be Man United who historically charge rip off prices for away supporters in FA cup matches ( Reading adults were charged £37-£45 per ticket) and i think the whole experience at Gold Trafford, with many of the prawn sandwich brigade in attendance in the home ends, would be sh*te

It would be great to beat them though. 😉
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:03 - Jan 8 with 3092 viewsaleanddale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 09:43 - Jan 8 by justanillusion

3v2 would do me!

But your right the whole OT experience would be an underwhelming experience.

Some point we could do worse than cash in but what will be will be..... any Spotland tie would also be a treat!
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:04 - Jan 8 with 3082 viewsClivert

You've banged on about this before and I feel it's nonsense, the Utd game was 31 years ago and the Liverpool game was 21 years ago. There's generation of Dale fans that haven't seen us play a really big club.
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:14 - Jan 8 with 3035 views442Dale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:04 - Jan 8 by Clivert

You've banged on about this before and I feel it's nonsense, the Utd game was 31 years ago and the Liverpool game was 21 years ago. There's generation of Dale fans that haven't seen us play a really big club.

I agree. I was arguing around the point that we're "due a plum tie". In the last 30 years(31 now!), how many other teams like Dale have played both those sides? Was looking at it statistically, and trying to establish if we are really "due" one.

It'd be interesting to see who the likes of Utd, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea have played in the last ten years. Then it would add greater weight to an argument that we're due a tie like that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:20 - Jan 8 with 3013 viewsClivert

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:14 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

I agree. I was arguing around the point that we're "due a plum tie". In the last 30 years(31 now!), how many other teams like Dale have played both those sides? Was looking at it statistically, and trying to establish if we are really "due" one.

It'd be interesting to see who the likes of Utd, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea have played in the last ten years. Then it would add greater weight to an argument that we're due a tie like that.

Oldham drew Liverpool 3 years running in The FA Cup, they've also played City fairly recently. I know that we are more likely to draw a non top 6 PL team but we must be due to get one of them.
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:27 - Jan 8 with 2977 viewsMIlnrowdale

It was mentioned on another thread that our chances of winning it are slim to none, but say we get accy at home do you then hope that it's spurs v man utd, Chelsea v arsenal, Liverpool v man city ensuring that 3 of the so called big boys have gone out giving us a better chance of a 'winnable' tie in the next round (obviously would have to beat accy 1st) or they avoid each other, we progress and get prize money then get a money spinner
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:28 - Jan 8 with 2977 viewsrochedale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:20 - Jan 8 by Clivert

Oldham drew Liverpool 3 years running in The FA Cup, they've also played City fairly recently. I know that we are more likely to draw a non top 6 PL team but we must be due to get one of them.

Prem London club away or anyone at home would do for me. Wolves at home would be good to hopefully see the boy Ronan. I wouldn't want championship away at somewhere like Derby or Norwich.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 2960 viewsClivert

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:28 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Prem London club away or anyone at home would do for me. Wolves at home would be good to hopefully see the boy Ronan. I wouldn't want championship away at somewhere like Derby or Norwich.

With Connor being my cousin Wolves are the team who I don't want!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:32]
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 2923 viewsrochedale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:30 - Jan 8 by Clivert

With Connor being my cousin Wolves are the team who I don't want!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:32]

Really? I think it'd be great to see him at Spotland, I'm sure he'd get an amazing reception. Been watching all the clips his dad posts and he looks very talented.

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 11:46 - Jan 8 with 2764 viewsClivert

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:37 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Really? I think it'd be great to see him at Spotland, I'm sure he'd get an amazing reception. Been watching all the clips his dad posts and he looks very talented.

I'm not sure his Dad and his Auntie and Uncle who are both season ticket holders in The TDS would enjoy seeing Connor up against Dale? Also Connor has been watching the Dale since he was 3 or 4 (still gets to games now when he is home) so I'm not sure he'd enjoy playing against us.
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 11:51 - Jan 8 with 2742 viewsboromat

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 10:37 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Man City at home. Guardiola would underestimate us not saying we'd win but maybe more of a chance than the other top teams :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 11:54 - Jan 8 with 2727 viewsrochedale

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 11:46 - Jan 8 by Clivert

I'm not sure his Dad and his Auntie and Uncle who are both season ticket holders in The TDS would enjoy seeing Connor up against Dale? Also Connor has been watching the Dale since he was 3 or 4 (still gets to games now when he is home) so I'm not sure he'd enjoy playing against us.

Fair enough, I personally wouldn't mind the wolves draw, but can understand why his family wouldn't.

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 2707 viewsClivert

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 11:54 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Fair enough, I personally wouldn't mind the wolves draw, but can understand why his family wouldn't.

As long as Uriah Rennie isn't the ref! 😡
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 2697 viewskirbys

Lets just be happy we are in the 4th round - but not take our eye off the league and the momentum being created - who knows we could enjoy a cup final every week next season?
Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 12:36 - Jan 8 with 2621 viewsfitzochris

For those desperate for a London Prem club away - what if it's moved to a Friday or Monday night?

I'd much rather a local Prem team away to best compensate for the inevitable TV switch.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 12:38 - Jan 8 with 2597 viewsDaleFan7

Dale are Ball No 2 on Monday Night on 12:36 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

For those desperate for a London Prem club away - what if it's moved to a Friday or Monday night?

I'd much rather a local Prem team away to best compensate for the inevitable TV switch.

Book a day off work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024