Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 17:22 - Apr 17 with 4793 viewsColDale

Weird game. Seemed flat at times, but could easily have been talking 5 or 6 goals to the good. Some of our play was wonderful but it was like a training exercise at times, and we got sloppy as a result. We need decent opposition to be at our best and we were never going to get that today.

Cov didn't look absolutely useless in terms of individuals but rather a side that had been mismanaged for so long, their hearts have gone. Couple of them I thought could make decent players if managed by Hill, but you can't in any way see a way back for Coventry as a club. They'd be as well going down the AFC Coventry route.

There's a generation of Dale supporters who will find the idea absolutely incredulous that beating Cov at home in the Cup was one of the biggest results in our history.

Just got back on 17:40 - Apr 17 with 4077 viewsAtThePeake

Agreed with almost all of this Col, especially re: their players. We often hear about Hill teams being greater than the sum of their parts. I think that Cov side are weaker than the sum of their parts.

What I'd give to get Nathaniel Mendez Laing signed up for another year. What a player.

Tangled up in blue.

Just got back on 17:43 - Apr 17 with 4033 viewsaleanddale

Just got back on 17:40 - Apr 17 by AtThePeake

Agreed with almost all of this Col, especially re: their players. We often hear about Hill teams being greater than the sum of their parts. I think that Cov side are weaker than the sum of their parts.

What I'd give to get Nathaniel Mendez Laing signed up for another year. What a player.

Agreed get NML signed up ASAP.

Poor poor cov side who obviously cant wait for the beach.

Wasteful at times Dale should have run out 4 or 5 nil winners.

Onto Oldham!!!! Wow what a season!
Just got back on 17:52 - Apr 17 with 3924 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back on 17:43 - Apr 17 by aleanddale

Agreed get NML signed up ASAP.

Poor poor cov side who obviously cant wait for the beach.

Wasteful at times Dale should have run out 4 or 5 nil winners.

Onto Oldham!!!! Wow what a season!

Superb season, poor division would you say? Only Sheff Utd and Bolton I've thought any good from what I've seen, cracking last game for you as well

Gissa job

Just got back on 18:51 - Apr 17 with 3625 viewsboromat

Just got back on 17:52 - Apr 17 by PDIDDY

Superb season, poor division would you say? Only Sheff Utd and Bolton I've thought any good from what I've seen, cracking last game for you as well

Think there's also a lot of very teams that just haven't been consistent. Bolton, Scunny, Fleetwood, Bradford etc all excellent on their day but not consistent enough to compete with Sheffield
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:04]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Just got back on 19:00 - Apr 17 with 3516 viewssweetcorn

I don't know how, but we're somehow back in the play-off race..

We're still obviously the outsiders. I think southend are the favourites given their remaining fixtures, shrewsbury frustrating them at new meadow is our best hope. Millwall have 2 tough games though, so they're catchable providing we win our games.

Thought today was a flat game, which at the time was between 2 teams with little to play for. Hendo showing he is still our best goalscorer today.

Allen is a class act and looks much better next to keane, as he does most of the defending.

What has happened to conrads distribution, he cannot play that chipped ball to the full back, constantly kicks it out.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:03]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just got back on 19:24 - Apr 17 with 3295 viewspnc4eva1

Coventry had a couple of decent players and were better than some of the other teams in the bottom six.

Dale could have had more but didn't get out of first gear too many times. When they did they got though.

Fair play to the Coventry fans with their songs about having a shot, cheering every corner and every throw in. Hope their player stretchered off is OK.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Just got back on 19:24 - Apr 17 with 3292 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back on 19:00 - Apr 17 by sweetcorn

I don't know how, but we're somehow back in the play-off race..

We're still obviously the outsiders. I think southend are the favourites given their remaining fixtures, shrewsbury frustrating them at new meadow is our best hope. Millwall have 2 tough games though, so they're catchable providing we win our games.

Thought today was a flat game, which at the time was between 2 teams with little to play for. Hendo showing he is still our best goalscorer today.

Allen is a class act and looks much better next to keane, as he does most of the defending.

What has happened to conrads distribution, he cannot play that chipped ball to the full back, constantly kicks it out.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:03]

We are back in the play off race because we are a damn good team. 9 points from 12 at this stage of the season is going to make a huge difference. If we get 15 from 18 I think we'll finish 6th. Need Shrews and Oxford to do their bits.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back on 19:36 - Apr 17 with 3214 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back on 19:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

We are back in the play off race because we are a damn good team. 9 points from 12 at this stage of the season is going to make a huge difference. If we get 15 from 18 I think we'll finish 6th. Need Shrews and Oxford to do their bits.

Apparently we're the sort of opposition Coventry will face every week in League 2.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/match-reports/rochdale-2-coventr

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 20:02 - Apr 17 with 3054 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 19:36 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Apparently we're the sort of opposition Coventry will face every week in League 2.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/match-reports/rochdale-2-coventr

Just the sort of mentality that will see them playing Gateshead the year after

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back on 20:08 - Apr 17 with 2981 viewsjudd

Well they won't face Kelvin Andrew next season I guess.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just got back on 20:09 - Apr 17 with 2975 viewssweetcorn

Just got back on 20:02 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Just the sort of mentality that will see them playing Gateshead the year after

Im running the risk of being accused of calling out what you've posted but..

Why would something a local journalist has written for the local paper effect how coventry the football club perform next season. Im curious.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just got back on 20:13 - Apr 17 with 2907 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back on 20:08 - Apr 17 by judd

Well they won't face Kelvin Andrew next season I guess.

His performances are often off the scale.

Just got back on 20:14 - Apr 17 with 2896 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back on 20:09 - Apr 17 by sweetcorn

Why would something a local journalist has written for the local paper effect how coventry the football club perform next season. Im curious.

Robins intimated similar in his post-match comments.

Just got back on 20:30 - Apr 17 with 2754 viewsD_Dale

Just got back on 20:14 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Robins intimated similar in his post-match comments.

Just the two goals:

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-coventry/359185
Just got back on 20:33 - Apr 17 with 2733 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just got back on 17:52 - Apr 17 by PDIDDY

Bolton and sheff Utd didn't impress me. Oxford best team I've seen

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just got back on 20:35 - Apr 17 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 20:09 - Apr 17 by sweetcorn

It's a fair point, and "calling out" isn't a term I'd use in any event

There's no direct correlation between a waffling journalist and performances on the pitch, but if there's a shared mentality then there's every possibility that crap football will have the same effect as crap journalism i.e. failure

[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 20:37]

Just got back on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 2413 viewsSandyman

If that's the case they'll lose easily in every game.
Just got back on 22:15 - Apr 17 with 2349 viewsDaley_Lama

The only player who seemed to want us to go for more was Conrad.

Didn't see anybody give him intel on the league position, perhaps it was just his natural winners mentality.

Turns 31 tomorrow. The old git.

Poll: DF in or out

Just got back on 22:20 - Apr 17 with 2315 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 22:15 - Apr 17 by Daley_Lama

The only player who seemed to want us to go for more was Conrad.

Didn't see anybody give him intel on the league position, perhaps it was just his natural winners mentality.

Turns 31 tomorrow. The old git.

Seemed to be well-acquainted with Marcus Tudgay, went for a chat with him whilst their injured player was being attended to

Happy birthday Conrad, but keep off the cake!

Just got back on 22:27 - Apr 17 with 2274 viewsR17ALE

Sadly, we've seen some shit at Spotland over the years - usually us - but Coventry today took the bar down to a whole new level. They were worse than any Halifax or Darlo team that's visited here. Their defenders couldn't kick it out more than 20 yards and their heads noticeably dropped after the opening goal.

I fear that they will find the basement too much for them as they will face sides far more physical than they can manage. Mansfield will hammer them for example.

How does a club like Coventry fall beneath a club like Dale in the pecking order?

And, in reverse, how far have we come!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back on 22:36 - Apr 17 with 2222 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back on 22:27 - Apr 17 by R17ALE

Sadly, we've seen some shit at Spotland over the years - usually us - but Coventry today took the bar down to a whole new level. They were worse than any Halifax or Darlo team that's visited here. Their defenders couldn't kick it out more than 20 yards and their heads noticeably dropped after the opening goal.

I fear that they will find the basement too much for them as they will face sides far more physical than they can manage. Mansfield will hammer them for example.

How does a club like Coventry fall beneath a club like Dale in the pecking order?

Wow.

'Coventry City haven't finished in the top six of any division for 46 years'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back on 07:27 - Apr 18 with 1896 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back on 22:27 - Apr 17 by R17ALE

You've moved from 4 th division to the third division , I'm sure you can work that one out

Gissa job

Just got back on 08:08 - Apr 18 with 1822 viewspioneer

Just got back on 22:36 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

Wow.

'Coventry City haven't finished in the top six of any division for 46 years'

seems like us beating them in the cup 46 years ago was a turning point in their history then.
Just got back on 09:23 - Apr 18 with 1643 viewsfermin

Are we really a physical team? I suppose it depends what they mean by it - we are usually competitive but we aren't a bunch of big bruisers (rather the opposite in many cases). However, compared to the Coventry team that came out we were physical as from a distance most of them seemed so slight and lightweight I wondered if they were a team of teenagers, but checking the programme showed they were mainly in their early to mid-20s.

I remember our second cup win against them and it was quite an event. Shocking how low they have sunk since that day as their team yesterday was so weak (although they did appear to be trying their best) for a club that used to be way above us in every respect.

I thought we were quite lackadaisical yesterday. We should have scored a lot more but we often screwed things up by making wrong, bad or overhit passes. The pitch didn't help either. They should not have even had a hope of getting back in the game at half time, but they were always just one bad defensive mistake away from doing so.

Sometimes when I get irritated by the late defensive lapses that I think will ultimately cost us a place in the play-offs I have to remind myself of what we were like in my formative years in the early/mid 80s. I remember being really pleased when we finally got into the top half of the old 4th division for the first team in years or celebrating that we would not have to apply for re-election that season. I wonder what perspective younger, either in age or time served, fans have of where we are as our sustained comparative success over the last 10 years or so must be the norm to them. On the other hand I find talk of making challenges for promotion to the Championship a bit of a culture shock!
Just got back on 14:57 - Apr 18 with 1272 viewsDaleiLama

Just got back on 09:23 - Apr 18 by fermin

Are we really a physical team? I suppose it depends what they mean by it - we are usually competitive but we aren't a bunch of big bruisers (rather the opposite in many cases). However, compared to the Coventry team that came out we were physical as from a distance most of them seemed so slight and lightweight I wondered if they were a team of teenagers, but checking the programme showed they were mainly in their early to mid-20s.

I remember our second cup win against them and it was quite an event. Shocking how low they have sunk since that day as their team yesterday was so weak (although they did appear to be trying their best) for a club that used to be way above us in every respect.

I thought we were quite lackadaisical yesterday. We should have scored a lot more but we often screwed things up by making wrong, bad or overhit passes. The pitch didn't help either. They should not have even had a hope of getting back in the game at half time, but they were always just one bad defensive mistake away from doing so.

Sometimes when I get irritated by the late defensive lapses that I think will ultimately cost us a place in the play-offs I have to remind myself of what we were like in my formative years in the early/mid 80s. I remember being really pleased when we finally got into the top half of the old 4th division for the first team in years or celebrating that we would not have to apply for re-election that season. I wonder what perspective younger, either in age or time served, fans have of where we are as our sustained comparative success over the last 10 years or so must be the norm to them. On the other hand I find talk of making challenges for promotion to the Championship a bit of a culture shock!

"Late defensive lapses" ............ I must admit I was expecting another one when the CBs started heading it to each other.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024