Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED 13:21 - Mar 21 with 14592 viewsSuddenLad

Club site explains.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 13:24 - Mar 21 with 5762 viewsKenBoon

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/statement-gala-dinner_cancellation

We’ve been very disappointed with the negativity shown towards the Gala Dinner and Awards Night, which was announced earlier this week.

The decision to hold such an event was taken to allow us to operate in a professional manner, in line with other EFL clubs, and to continue our progression off the pitch.

With immediate effect, the event has been cancelled. Those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted in due course regarding a refund.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 13:32 - Mar 21 with 5721 viewsSandyman

Common sense prevails.
Carriage cancelled
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 13:47 - Mar 21 with 5628 viewsjudd

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 13:32 - Mar 21 by Sandyman

Common sense prevails.
Carriage cancelled

You'll not get your song writing royalties now though...

Poll: What is it to be then?

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 5571 viewssweetcorn

Disgraceful really the club should have held strong.. now i’ve got the spend the evening with a bunch of kids running around ffs..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:01 - Mar 21 with 5515 viewsdingdangblue

'Those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted in due course regarding a refund.'

That will be no one then.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:06 - Mar 21 with 5488 viewssweetcorn

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:01 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

'Those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted in due course regarding a refund.'

That will be no one then.

The people on this forum are a small section of the fan base, how do you know people werent keen for this event?

A sportsmans dinner type awards evening is much more appealing to me, than some tinpot thrown together awards evening, in a bar where the beer is as flat as rats piss and pricey to say the least.

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:07 - Mar 21 with 5472 viewsDaleFan7

They sound like a child who's not been allowed to take a penalty in a game of football on the street so taken their ball home.

Very petulant and unnecessary imo.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:08 - Mar 21 with 5465 viewsjudd

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:06 - Mar 21 by sweetcorn

The people on this forum are a small section of the fan base, how do you know people werent keen for this event?

A sportsmans dinner type awards evening is much more appealing to me, than some tinpot thrown together awards evening, in a bar where the beer is as flat as rats piss and pricey to say the least.

The people in the Dale Bar, Studds and in the stands last night are not a small section of the fan base.

There were plenty of dissenting voices at the ground last night.

With regards the beer, it was spot on in the Dale Bar last night. My experience of the town hall ale is that it is rank.

Login to get fewer ads

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:10 - Mar 21 with 5440 viewselectricblue

Blame the supporters as per usual....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:12 - Mar 21 with 5424 viewsbazingadale

Disgraceful that the club caved to the "working class" who weren't willing to support the event.

Some of us were looking forward to this season being a bit more of an upmarket affair.

Those who wanted to go are now being punished by the minoroty/clique who were not willing to dip their hands into their pockets.

Best get my boosters done before the usual end of season awards event.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:16 - Mar 21 with 5388 viewsTVOS1907

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:12 - Mar 21 by bazingadale

Disgraceful that the club caved to the "working class" who weren't willing to support the event.

Some of us were looking forward to this season being a bit more of an upmarket affair.

Those who wanted to go are now being punished by the minoroty/clique who were not willing to dip their hands into their pockets.

You need to try a bit harder these days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:17 - Mar 21 with 5390 viewsSandyman

Bring your Hill Out banner as well
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:18 - Mar 21 with 5375 viewsdingdangblue

Where are you having it this year? The Village or the social club?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:19 - Mar 21 with 5383 viewssweetcorn

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:08 - Mar 21 by judd

The people in the Dale Bar, Studds and in the stands last night are not a small section of the fan base.

There were plenty of dissenting voices at the ground last night.

With regards the beer, it was spot on in the Dale Bar last night. My experience of the town hall ale is that it is rank.

Mine was flat as fcuk, why do they insist on having a pint pre poured for you ffs

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:19 - Mar 21 with 5381 viewsFrog

"and to continue our progression off the pitch." Sod off the pitch, sort out on it.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:19 - Mar 21 with 5374 viewsrochdale_ranger

Agreed. When they say “working class” they must mean not working and without class. Sixty five squid was not pricing out working class people. The club have ballsed up this season but this isn’t one of their balls ups. A few scruffs in the Dale bar moaning about the gala event and a so called “stick your gala dinner” chant that I didn’t hear (and I sit next to the sandy)does not constitute most supporters.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:22 - Mar 21 with 5344 viewsrochdaleriddler

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:19 - Mar 21 by sweetcorn

Mine was flat as fcuk, why do they insist on having a pint pre poured for you ffs

It was keg shite, no MPA on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:23 - Mar 21 with 5330 viewsjudd

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:22 - Mar 21 by rochdaleriddler

It was keg shite, no MPA on

I had MPA in the Dale Bar, in my scruffs and sat with oiks. It was a fine pint.

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:27 - Mar 21 with 5307 viewsrochdaleriddler

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:19 - Mar 21 by rochdale_ranger

Agreed. When they say “working class” they must mean not working and without class. Sixty five squid was not pricing out working class people. The club have ballsed up this season but this isn’t one of their balls ups. A few scruffs in the Dale bar moaning about the gala event and a so called “stick your gala dinner” chant that I didn’t hear (and I sit next to the sandy)does not constitute most supporters.

I don't work, I could afford to go, that isn't the point. I don't go to any end of season do's, but a lot of people do and enjoy it. Why change that to a completely different beast. Have sportsmans dinners etc , charge whatever you like, this was about removing an egalitarian function where players and fans mix, and kids get selfies etc. I support Rochdale because it isn't removed from reality

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:29 - Mar 21 with 5295 viewsrochdaleriddler

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:23 - Mar 21 by judd

I had MPA in the Dale Bar, in my scruffs and sat with oiks. It was a fine pint.

None on at half time, unless they were saving it for you, I never mentioned scruffs, I'm the scruffiest bugger around

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:31 - Mar 21 with 5281 viewsrochdaleriddler

Beer at town hall is shit

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:35 - Mar 21 with 5249 viewsjudd

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:29 - Mar 21 by rochdaleriddler

None on at half time, unless they were saving it for you, I never mentioned scruffs, I'm the scruffiest bugger around

Pre-match. Scruffs comment was just random.

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:36 - Mar 21 with 5236 viewsParkinsGimp

As you probably know I dont get good favour from many on here for my forthright views , but on this matter I agree with the loyal fans . There could of been two events held and marketed in the correct manner , but Billy BIg Balls wants it his own way , he knows best stuff you lot.
I know from talking to many friends who are not on this forum , that the vast groundswell of opinion was totally against such a Gala event with the exclusion of kids , and increased price , but the arrogance to expect sponsorship of something they dont own was unbelievable.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:41 - Mar 21 with 5208 viewsrochdale_ranger

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:27 - Mar 21 by rochdaleriddler

I don't work, I could afford to go, that isn't the point. I don't go to any end of season do's, but a lot of people do and enjoy it. Why change that to a completely different beast. Have sportsmans dinners etc , charge whatever you like, this was about removing an egalitarian function where players and fans mix, and kids get selfies etc. I support Rochdale because it isn't removed from reality

Because the club want to present an image of professionalism as oppose to an awards do in a working mans club setting like the Radcliffe. Like I said the club have done worst this season. Why didn’t the supporters trust issue a statement when Hill told fans not to bother turning up. It’s a few people in a clique who fear change and see themselves as something special when they aren’t. Why bring class into it? Total load of bollocks. Moaning about sixty five quid as though it’s a huge sum of money. I feel sorry for some of your kids, the poor feckers must be on beans and toast every night.
AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:45 - Mar 21 with 5173 viewsrochdaleriddler

AWARDS NIGHT CANCELLED on 14:41 - Mar 21 by rochdale_ranger

Because the club want to present an image of professionalism as oppose to an awards do in a working mans club setting like the Radcliffe. Like I said the club have done worst this season. Why didn’t the supporters trust issue a statement when Hill told fans not to bother turning up. It’s a few people in a clique who fear change and see themselves as something special when they aren’t. Why bring class into it? Total load of bollocks. Moaning about sixty five quid as though it’s a huge sum of money. I feel sorry for some of your kids, the poor feckers must be on beans and toast every night.

I never mentioned class, I'm not in the trust, and I'm not sure why you mention my kids, you were originally replying to a bury fans wind up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024