Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gigglers....... 09:22 - Jun 7 with 7168 viewsSuddenLad

...to host Liverpool in a pre-season friendly. That's a good 'un to have.......fair play to them for landing that one.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 9:22]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Gigglers....... on 10:04 - Jun 7 with 4576 viewsbrownale

I bet bury are chuffed too 😀😀
Gigglers....... on 10:04 - Jun 7 with 4576 views100notout

Doubt there'll be any first team names - a lot will have been at the world cup

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Gigglers....... on 10:19 - Jun 7 with 4538 viewsjudd

No doubt it will end up on their honours board, along with their triangular corner flags, joined up corners of stands, PC World and Esso coin collection 1970 World Cup.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gigglers....... on 10:24 - Jun 7 with 4528 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Gigglers....... on 10:04 - Jun 7 by 100notout

Doubt there'll be any first team names - a lot will have been at the world cup

The World Cup final takes place the day after,so little interest in a Liverpool 11?

£20 a pop too...ouch!
Gigglers....... on 11:13 - Jun 7 with 4421 viewsjudd

It's not exactly like it's a merited clash versus premiership opposition in the FA Cup 5th Round though, is it?

Gigglers....... on 11:16 - Jun 7 with 4412 viewsdeeplishblue

Don't think I would pay £20 to see Dale play a 2nd string Liverpool XI. Still if it helps balance the books.......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Gigglers....... on 11:53 - Jun 7 with 4307 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

If Bury want to win it, they should make it a trophy final.
Gigglers....... on 12:50 - Jun 7 with 4202 viewschalky_ncfc

Gigglers....... on 10:19 - Jun 7 by judd

No doubt it will end up on their honours board, along with their triangular corner flags, joined up corners of stands, PC World and Esso coin collection 1970 World Cup.

Those Esso coins take me back,I enjoyed collecting those as a kid but we didn't own a car so I've no idea where I got them from,can't believe that it was 1970

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Login to get fewer ads

Gigglers....... on 12:55 - Jun 7 with 4191 viewsjudd

Gigglers....... on 12:50 - Jun 7 by chalky_ncfc

Those Esso coins take me back,I enjoyed collecting those as a kid but we didn't own a car so I've no idea where I got them from,can't believe that it was 1970

The 1970 World Cup has always been in 1970 and not even you bent bastards can change that.

Gigglers....... on 12:58 - Jun 7 with 4184 viewschalky_ncfc

Gigglers....... on 12:55 - Jun 7 by judd

The 1970 World Cup has always been in 1970 and not even you bent bastards can change that.

I honestly laughed out when I read that

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Gigglers....... on 13:56 - Jun 7 with 4070 viewsdingdangblue

Funny they are advertising it as a sell out ! (So get your tickets fast) - although that could be due to them giving Liverpool over half the ground (South and West stands).

Also this is great...

'The German will be in the dug-out himself, as he brings a strong side to face Ryan Lowe’s team. The Reds have confirmed that they will bring a First Team squad to Bury, with the exception of those taking part in the World Cup...

So they are bringing a STRONG side without all of their STRONGEST players! 👍🏻

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Gigglers....... on 13:58 - Jun 7 with 4060 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gigglers....... on 13:56 - Jun 7 by dingdangblue

Funny they are advertising it as a sell out ! (So get your tickets fast) - although that could be due to them giving Liverpool over half the ground (South and West stands).

Also this is great...

'The German will be in the dug-out himself, as he brings a strong side to face Ryan Lowe’s team. The Reds have confirmed that they will bring a First Team squad to Bury, with the exception of those taking part in the World Cup...

So they are bringing a STRONG side without all of their STRONGEST players! 👍🏻

Still better than playing hull TBF

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Gigglers....... on 14:09 - Jun 7 with 4034 viewsScunnydale

Gigglers....... on 13:58 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

From what I can work out, Hull may struggle to bring a squad, let alone a strong one.
Gigglers....... on 14:15 - Jun 7 with 4017 viewsdingdangblue

Gigglers....... on 13:58 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

Really? You would be happy paying £15-20 to watch a practice match between Dale and Liverpool reserves?
Although I haven't done a pre season friendly for over 10 years now so it doesn't affect me either way.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Gigglers....... on 14:16 - Jun 7 with 4009 viewsjudd

Gigglers....... on 14:15 - Jun 7 by dingdangblue

Really? You would be happy paying £15-20 to watch a practice match between Dale and Liverpool reserves?
Although I haven't done a pre season friendly for over 10 years now so it doesn't affect me either way.

Remember the damage those slaughters at the hands of Man City did to us those pre-seasons a few years back?

Gigglers....... on 14:16 - Jun 7 with 4009 viewsBarryStrange

Gigglers....... on 10:19 - Jun 7 by judd

As opposed to the two signed Lisa Stansfield LPs that fill yours.
Gigglers....... on 14:20 - Jun 7 with 3998 viewsjudd

Gigglers....... on 14:16 - Jun 7 by BarryStrange

As opposed to the two signed Lisa Stansfield LPs that fill yours.

To be fair, Barry, the only time I've seen an Esso World Cup 1970 coin collection was in our, erm "Trophy" cabinet.

Next to the Queen of the South beer mat fixture list.

Gigglers....... on 14:26 - Jun 7 with 3983 viewsdingdangblue

Gigglers....... on 14:16 - Jun 7 by judd

Remember the damage those slaughters at the hands of Man City did to us those pre-seasons a few years back?

A few decent players in the City team.

http://www.citytilidie.com/latest/rochdale-friendly-200304/

Not as many household names amoung these scorers. Remember it being a full house though!

http://www.citytilidie.com/latest/rochdale-friendly-200203/
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 14:33]

Gigglers....... on 14:37 - Jun 7 with 3959 viewsaleanddale

Decent friendly to be fair. better than the Cornish fishermen X1.

They should earn enough to pay Beckford his Salary for 2 or 3 months.

I decided years ago friendlies are not for me. I will keep my powder dry until the first league game when 3 points are up for grabs.
Gigglers....... on 16:26 - Jun 7 with 3799 viewsBarryStrange

Gigglers....... on 14:20 - Jun 7 by judd

To be fair, Barry, the only time I've seen an Esso World Cup 1970 coin collection was in our, erm "Trophy" cabinet.

Next to the Queen of the South beer mat fixture list.

No shame in that really.

Last time I saw our trophy cabinet (alongside the 1997 Division Two trophy) we had the programme in it from the friendly we needlessly played against St Lucia the week after Bolton humped us 4-0 and people started asking Hugh Eaves for their money back.
Gigglers....... on 16:45 - Jun 7 with 3755 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gigglers....... on 14:15 - Jun 7 by dingdangblue

I would pay a tenner at most , and yep still rather watch that than Hull!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Gigglers....... on 18:01 - Jun 7 with 3646 viewsmacro

Gigglers....... on 16:45 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

I would pay a tenner at most , and yep still rather watch that than Hull!

rather you than me - Liverpool are playing Chester as well in a pre-season match (7th), it’ll be the U23 side basically who turn up at giggle.
Gigglers....... on 18:30 - Jun 7 with 3590 viewsAtThePeake

Gigglers....... on 18:01 - Jun 7 by macro

rather you than me - Liverpool are playing Chester as well in a pre-season match (7th), it’ll be the U23 side basically who turn up at giggle.

I can't imagine they would send a U23 side to L2 side and a first team to a non-league side? It'll be a relatively strong squad at Bury I would think.

Tangled up in blue.

Gigglers....... on 19:24 - Jun 7 with 3503 viewsTappers

Gigglers....... on 10:24 - Jun 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

The World Cup final takes place the day after,so little interest in a Liverpool 11?

£20 a pop too...ouch!

Worth £20 to see Liverpool reserves
Gigglers....... on 19:40 - Jun 7 with 3466 viewsDale92

Gigglers....... on 18:30 - Jun 7 by AtThePeake

I can't imagine they would send a U23 side to L2 side and a first team to a non-league side? It'll be a relatively strong squad at Bury I would think.

Off the rop of my head, Liverpool players not at the world cup are in a starting 11: karius, clyne, Van Dijk, Gomes, moreno/robertson, keita, fabinho, Gini (not attempting his second name), milner, solanke, woodburn. Not a bad potential team to face. Fair play to them

This is the One, I've waited for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024