Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bazzinga 20:51 - Feb 23 with 4133 viewskiwidale

Where is he when you need him.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bazzinga on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 2772 viewskiwidale

I sense a tipping point and disconnect between BBM and the fans if Murphy does not change it starting now there will be open rebellion in the stands. It's all very unnecessary almost self destruct.

Bazzinga on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 2761 views442Dale

Unnecessary.

Exactly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bazzinga on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 2755 viewsjudd

Currently lending his expertise to Bolton

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bazzinga on 21:10 - Feb 23 with 2750 viewskiwidale

Bazzinga on 21:08 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Unnecessary.

Exactly.

lets see shall we. were you one of them that wanted to give Hill more time?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 21:11]

Bazzinga on 21:14 - Feb 23 with 2731 viewsmacro

I spoke to a Bolton fan who was at the game v Coventry. His take on KH was the first interview he did following the defeat to Dale where he had a go at all and sundry was the breaking point. The majority of fans are sick of his bull and what him gone.
Bazzinga on 21:19 - Feb 23 with 2717 views442Dale

Bazzinga on 21:10 - Feb 23 by kiwidale

lets see shall we. were you one of them that wanted to give Hill more time?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 21:11]

“one of them”? Is there a need for everyone to be in a group? Is there a need for such divisions amongst supporters? Is there a need for any sort of taking of side and people nailing their colours to a mast?

Is there a need for this thread?

Each to their own. It’s possible for some to see that sometimes it’s possible to express opinion without the need to create something that doesn’t need to be there. It’s possible for some to see all without waiting.

Bazzinga on 21:33 - Feb 23 with 2678 viewsD_Alien

Bazzinga on 21:19 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

“one of them”? Is there a need for everyone to be in a group? Is there a need for such divisions amongst supporters? Is there a need for any sort of taking of side and people nailing their colours to a mast?

Is there a need for this thread?

Each to their own. It’s possible for some to see that sometimes it’s possible to express opinion without the need to create something that doesn’t need to be there. It’s possible for some to see all without waiting.

"Is there any need for this thread?"

Of course not, its just kiwi shitstirring again

There's very few calling for his head right now, just that he needs to give it a wobble

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bazzinga on 21:57 - Feb 23 with 2626 viewsmingthemerciless

Here's me thinking this thread was about our Prime Minister.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 21:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Bazzinga on 22:27 - Feb 23 with 2559 viewssweetcorn

Classic kiwidale.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bazzinga on 22:33 - Feb 23 with 2550 viewsnordenblue

Have you run out of alcohol... get your kicks out of starting a bell end of a thread from the other side of the planet, very sad but equally predictable
Bazzinga on 23:47 - Feb 23 with 2453 viewskiwidale

Bazzinga on 21:33 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

"Is there any need for this thread?"

Of course not, its just kiwi shitstirring again

There's very few calling for his head right now, just that he needs to give it a wobble

Have you read the match thread? have you read the comments in regards to the tactics employed by Murphy? and the discord expressed by several posters, this one should be of particular interest to you as you penned it.

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:43 - Feb 23 with 645 views D_Alien

"It is becoming tiresome beyond words and the escapism that Saturday afty brought is seeming more and more like a bad habit as each week progresses."

Indeed. It really pains me to say this, but it's rapidly becoming a trial to be endured - a burden even. And no, i'm not exaggerating. I actually felt liberated on exiting the Pearl St after their second went in, and the half-hearted cheer i heard as we scored made no difference

I've honestly never felt that watching Dale before; not during the last days of Hill's tenure, not during the abject displays under Eyre, not during the disgust at the antics we tried under Coleman, nor during the long years of dross served up in the late 70s & 80s

I like BBM, i really do. I warmed to his interviews and his style of play as he turned us around this time last year. I've loved the moments of cup glory he's brought us - none of them due to the type of play we're stuck with right now. We were behind against Man U (away) and Newcastle (home), and we had a go and succeeded

What sticks in my mind from this week are two things. The look on the player's faces as they were made to look mugs from passing themselves into trouble before the inevitable breakdown and concession of the second goal. I think they'll be rapidly losing faith with this system as we speak. The other thing is the only discordant note from the fans forum, when directors referred to wanting to put an exciting product in front of the fans - which is what all the bar charts, time and effort is about. I stood there (seating capacity full, that shows our enthusiasm) and thought - hang on, are you seeing what we're seeing out on the pitch?... end quote.

Rather than resort to sort petty name calling how about you give a defense of BBM seeing as your first attempt failed badly. A good example on how to put your point across without resorting to pettiness was Viva Donaldo's excellent post were he posted facts then gave his opinion.

VivaDonaldo
"Since 1st January we're 15th in the league form table.
Since 1st January we've lost 4 games, 2 of which were due to late penalties.
Of the 4 games we've lost we've lost against the teams currently placed 2nd, 3rd,4th and 18th.

The reason I'm mentioning since the 1st January is because this feels like the date we got some form of a full squad back.

I can understand the issues with the way we play but I'd honestly rather this than resort to hoofball as our main tactic.

I have another theory too around the implementation of this as a club wide philosophy. By playing this way and teaching that throughout the club we're more likely to produce the kind of technical players that will be purchased by larger clubs.

If we resort to playing in a certain way we risk bypassing these players and opportunities (which are crucial to the financial plan and the future of the club).

Maybe I'm reading too much into it."...end quote.

I suggest D_A that you get the chip off your shoulder its tiresome. To accuse me of shit stirring when the irony is, that you from day one have and continue to stir shit against our CEO David Bottomley, that is also tiresome.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 5:58]

Bazzinga on 00:04 - Feb 24 with 2443 viewskiwidale

Bazzinga on 22:27 - Feb 23 by sweetcorn

Classic kiwidale.

"Classic Kiwidale" I'm liking that, not sure if it is a compliment sweetcorn but its nothing to get upset about. I simply asked if there is the start of a disconnect between the fans on here regarding BBM? now bearing in mind there is only about 80 of us who post regular so it is far from indicative and nobody including myself has called for BBMs head at least not yet.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 6:00]

Bazzinga on 02:16 - Feb 24 with 2405 viewsdownunder

I am too busy to comment on pointless threads...rather watch the cricket. Not often that India get beat.

Oh hang on, I just commented.
Bazzinga on 04:46 - Feb 24 with 2374 viewskiwidale

Bazzinga on 02:16 - Feb 24 by downunder

I am too busy to comment on pointless threads...rather watch the cricket. Not often that India get beat.

Oh hang on, I just commented.

and what a fantastic couple of days cricket it was DD we bullied them like Fury

KOHLI OUT!

[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 6:03]

Bazzinga on 07:28 - Feb 24 with 2274 viewsD_Alien

Bazzinga on 23:47 - Feb 23 by kiwidale

Have you read the match thread? have you read the comments in regards to the tactics employed by Murphy? and the discord expressed by several posters, this one should be of particular interest to you as you penned it.

Match Thread: Dale vs Coventry on 14:43 - Feb 23 with 645 views D_Alien

"It is becoming tiresome beyond words and the escapism that Saturday afty brought is seeming more and more like a bad habit as each week progresses."

Indeed. It really pains me to say this, but it's rapidly becoming a trial to be endured - a burden even. And no, i'm not exaggerating. I actually felt liberated on exiting the Pearl St after their second went in, and the half-hearted cheer i heard as we scored made no difference

I've honestly never felt that watching Dale before; not during the last days of Hill's tenure, not during the abject displays under Eyre, not during the disgust at the antics we tried under Coleman, nor during the long years of dross served up in the late 70s & 80s

I like BBM, i really do. I warmed to his interviews and his style of play as he turned us around this time last year. I've loved the moments of cup glory he's brought us - none of them due to the type of play we're stuck with right now. We were behind against Man U (away) and Newcastle (home), and we had a go and succeeded

What sticks in my mind from this week are two things. The look on the player's faces as they were made to look mugs from passing themselves into trouble before the inevitable breakdown and concession of the second goal. I think they'll be rapidly losing faith with this system as we speak. The other thing is the only discordant note from the fans forum, when directors referred to wanting to put an exciting product in front of the fans - which is what all the bar charts, time and effort is about. I stood there (seating capacity full, that shows our enthusiasm) and thought - hang on, are you seeing what we're seeing out on the pitch?... end quote.

Rather than resort to sort petty name calling how about you give a defense of BBM seeing as your first attempt failed badly. A good example on how to put your point across without resorting to pettiness was Viva Donaldo's excellent post were he posted facts then gave his opinion.

VivaDonaldo
"Since 1st January we're 15th in the league form table.
Since 1st January we've lost 4 games, 2 of which were due to late penalties.
Of the 4 games we've lost we've lost against the teams currently placed 2nd, 3rd,4th and 18th.

The reason I'm mentioning since the 1st January is because this feels like the date we got some form of a full squad back.

I can understand the issues with the way we play but I'd honestly rather this than resort to hoofball as our main tactic.

I have another theory too around the implementation of this as a club wide philosophy. By playing this way and teaching that throughout the club we're more likely to produce the kind of technical players that will be purchased by larger clubs.

If we resort to playing in a certain way we risk bypassing these players and opportunities (which are crucial to the financial plan and the future of the club).

Maybe I'm reading too much into it."...end quote.

I suggest D_A that you get the chip off your shoulder its tiresome. To accuse me of shit stirring when the irony is, that you from day one have and continue to stir shit against our CEO David Bottomley, that is also tiresome.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 5:58]

As always, its about context

Mine was in relation to direct experience of events, yours is in relation to pretty much f*ck all

No-one wants to deny your right to comment, but starting a rubbish thread about something people are feeling very concerned about is asking for trouble. Be told

Bazzinga on 07:34 - Feb 24 with 2265 viewssweetcorn

Bazzinga on 00:04 - Feb 24 by kiwidale

"Classic Kiwidale" I'm liking that, not sure if it is a compliment sweetcorn but its nothing to get upset about. I simply asked if there is the start of a disconnect between the fans on here regarding BBM? now bearing in mind there is only about 80 of us who post regular so it is far from indicative and nobody including myself has called for BBMs head at least not yet.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 6:00]

It wasn’t a compliment.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bazzinga on 08:32 - Feb 24 with 2185 viewsrod_leach

I have to say I'm not one of the ones who thinks the football this season is dreadful. Not when compared to many I've sat through over the years.
Of course I'd like more wins, and there are times when the ball gets passed around, and a space is created but then the payer plays it back instead of turning and moving forward, but on Saturday I saw a clear handball in the Coventry area not given, and Matt Done pulled down by the neck when he may have been otherwise through with a run on goal. On another day we may have got those decisions and drawn or won against a team in second placem who've only lost 3 all season.
Bazzinga on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 2022 viewskiwidale

Bazzinga on 07:28 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

As always, its about context

Mine was in relation to direct experience of events, yours is in relation to pretty much f*ck all

No-one wants to deny your right to comment, but starting a rubbish thread about something people are feeling very concerned about is asking for trouble. Be told

Context my arse how about hypocritical you posted a 250 word critique about your match day experience where you said amongst other things "I've honestly never felt that watching Dale before; not during the last days of Hill's tenure, not during the abject displays under Eyre, not during the disgust at the antics we tried under Coleman, nor during the long years of dross served up in the late 70s & 80s"

there were also these words of endorsement of BBM's tactics

"What sticks in my mind from this week are two things. The look on the player's faces as they were made to look mugs from passing themselves into trouble before the inevitable breakdown and concession of the second goal. I think they'll be rapidly losing faith with this system as we speak."

You really are special D_A and your last comment "Be told" is priceless only you could say that with a straight face.

Bazzinga on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 1976 views442Dale

It’s possible for some to see all without waiting.

Unnecessary indeed.

Rarely say this, but hope the mods close the thread as its inevitability was obvious.

Bazzinga on 10:50 - Feb 24 with 1970 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bazzinga on 04:46 - Feb 24 by kiwidale

and what a fantastic couple of days cricket it was DD we bullied them like Fury

KOHLI OUT!

[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 6:03]

Good comment Kiwi,that's how Dale need to start games "like Fury"
Bazzinga on 11:45 - Feb 24 with 1905 viewsD_Alien

Bazzinga on 10:50 - Feb 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good comment Kiwi,that's how Dale need to start games "like Fury"

This has already been pointed out in the Hats off to Fury OP

If you're going to lick the shitstirring arse, be prepared for a nasty aftertaste

Bazzinga on 13:40 - Feb 24 with 1774 viewsDickydaler

Bazzinga on 08:32 - Feb 24 by rod_leach

I have to say I'm not one of the ones who thinks the football this season is dreadful. Not when compared to many I've sat through over the years.
Of course I'd like more wins, and there are times when the ball gets passed around, and a space is created but then the payer plays it back instead of turning and moving forward, but on Saturday I saw a clear handball in the Coventry area not given, and Matt Done pulled down by the neck when he may have been otherwise through with a run on goal. On another day we may have got those decisions and drawn or won against a team in second placem who've only lost 3 all season.

I'm with you rod. I don't mind the passing round the back and into midfield waiting for the spaces to develop but sometimes when the chance for a forward pass comes we seem to miss the chance sometimes. It's a shame Wilbraham can't last for 90 minutes as I'm sure he would start if he could last. At the moment plan A isn't working, but if baah and hendos chances had gone in I'm sure some would be thinking differently about our system. Unfortunately we haven't got another forward who can hold the ball up or be a threat in the air at the moment so we have to wait until the hour mark for Wilbraham to become more direct. I remember when we went 3.0 up at Tranmere everyone was crowing about the way we were playing; we were world beaters!
Bazzinga on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 1617 viewskel

A bloke in his seventies who has previously referred to himself as a troll in his message board signature deserves pity. Simple as that.
Bazzinga on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 1434 viewskiwidale

My post has drawn criticism mainly from the usual suspects mainly personal and lacking in specifics or substance. My question was a simple one I asked whether there is the beginning of a disconnect between BBM and the fans? nothing outrages but taken completely out of context as an attack on BBM calling for his head. Eisegesis is a common practice on here so let me set the record straight.

I firmly believe that BBM is a very good and able coach destined for better things than Rochdale AFC. He is very likable he comes across well as a humble person with high ideals however he also appears to be somewhat intransigent. He is currently let down by A/ a lack of quality at the back in midfield and out wide. B/ a poor playing surface that is unfit for purpose. We could not play the type of possession football when the surface was reasonably good the pitch it will only deteriorate further. Simply put our current squad is more than good enough for league one but incapable of playing out from the back so rigidly that it invites undue pressure. The addition of Lund will help as will a fully fit Rathbone, BBM also deserves the chance to recruit players that suit his football philosphy in the summer. In the meantime he requires the level of pragmatism he displayed at the end of last season. Sensible replies please leave the personal stuff out and I will do likewise it is never necessary.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 21:10]

Bazzinga on 21:11 - Feb 24 with 1398 viewsD_Alien

Bazzinga on 20:54 - Feb 24 by kiwidale

My post has drawn criticism mainly from the usual suspects mainly personal and lacking in specifics or substance. My question was a simple one I asked whether there is the beginning of a disconnect between BBM and the fans? nothing outrages but taken completely out of context as an attack on BBM calling for his head. Eisegesis is a common practice on here so let me set the record straight.

I firmly believe that BBM is a very good and able coach destined for better things than Rochdale AFC. He is very likable he comes across well as a humble person with high ideals however he also appears to be somewhat intransigent. He is currently let down by A/ a lack of quality at the back in midfield and out wide. B/ a poor playing surface that is unfit for purpose. We could not play the type of possession football when the surface was reasonably good the pitch it will only deteriorate further. Simply put our current squad is more than good enough for league one but incapable of playing out from the back so rigidly that it invites undue pressure. The addition of Lund will help as will a fully fit Rathbone, BBM also deserves the chance to recruit players that suit his football philosphy in the summer. In the meantime he requires the level of pragmatism he displayed at the end of last season. Sensible replies please leave the personal stuff out and I will do likewise it is never necessary.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 21:10]

This thread has drawn criticism because it's inappropriate, perhaps even irresponsible

Why? Because very few people have called for BBM to be dismissed

Yes, it's personal, because you're using quotes from people after having misread the intentions of what they've posted, and just for the sake of trying to appear relevant

Is that specific enough for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024