Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker 17:42 - Mar 6 with 1877 viewsDorkingDale

I know it's hypothetical, but I wonder where we'd be right now if the Board hadn't decided to have a stupid stand-off with Hendo last year?!
Striker on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 1795 viewsfunkkk

Same position but with the board having another excuse to say how skint they were after blowing all our budget on one player?
Striker on 18:11 - Mar 6 with 1696 viewsTVOS1907

Probably in the same position.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Striker on 19:10 - Mar 6 with 1536 viewsdavidab2202

On the assumption that sadly we do get relegated at the end of the season, it is probably a fair reflection of my expectation for the season. We have for the last three or four seasons diced with a possible relegation and realistically you can only be in that precarious situation for so long before the inevitable happens .
I think that the Board felt that it was likely to happen and our playing staff notwithstanding our horrendous injury problems for much of the season( some of it self inflicted by having certain players who at best would be considered "injury-prone") was a bit threadbare right from the word go .Again when it was there for all to see that investment was needed in January in the transfer window ,the players brought in were a risk as there was an absolute lack of any experienced player amongst them.
Yes retaining Henderson might have made a difference but possibly the financial implication of such a move might have been a step too far, and I go with the view expressed previously on this thread that we would still be in the position we now find ourselves in.
Would a Manager perhaps with a more realistic view of what these players are capable of doing consistently have made a difference is a hypothetical question but sometimes we have to also accept that as the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
What I am personally finding difficult is after a near 70 years as a Dale fan that I am accepting of how poor we are and whilst it is all I expected and my only thought now is that I am hoping we don't get an absolute hammering in a game
Striker on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 1504 viewselectricblue

Dale wouldnt have Humphrys at the club if henderson was still there..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Striker on 20:44 - Mar 6 with 1349 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Striker on 19:20 - Mar 6 by electricblue

Dale wouldnt have Humphrys at the club if henderson was still there..

One "H" is still scoring, the other is not..
Striker on 21:19 - Mar 6 with 1268 views442Dale

Striker on 20:44 - Mar 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Humphrys hasn’t scored for nine games. He has 8 in 21 in a poorly performing team in L1. Average of 0.38 goals per game.

Henderson has one goal in his last five, he also went twenty games where he scored just once. Total of 11 goals in 32 games for a side challenging for promotion in L2. Average 0.34 goals per game.

As it is, wouldn’t think there’d be much difference in either playing for us this season in terms of goals, impact in games and the way they’d feel about our current status.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Striker on 21:27 - Mar 6 with 1250 viewsTVOS1907

Striker on 20:44 - Mar 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Aye, one "H" is still scoring in League 2 for a team whose owners have pots of money.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Striker on 21:32 - Mar 6 with 1231 viewsJames1980

Striker on 21:27 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Aye, one "H" is still scoring in League 2 for a team whose owners have pots of money.

According to an app I have the league 2 'H' had one shot today that was off target. The one in league 1 had 2 that were on target.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Striker on 21:35 - Mar 6 with 1213 viewsSheffield_dale

I do feel, given the age, Humps is an upgrade on Hendo. Especially if we can keep him for 2/3 more years.
Striker on 21:57 - Mar 6 with 1141 views49thseason

He is only on a 2 year contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024