Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United 12:54 - Apr 4 with 580 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

why are we not doing scheme's like this i know Middlesborough and Sunderland fans who have Season Tickets for Hartlepool United this season

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10326~2719265,00.html

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Hartlepool United on 13:01 - Apr 4 with 560 viewselectricblue

Would many Dale fans be tempted?...
Its a good idea but i dont think it would attract more season ticket holders...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hartlepool United on 13:04 - Apr 4 with 555 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Hartlepool United on 13:01 - Apr 4 by electricblue

Would many Dale fans be tempted?...
Its a good idea but i dont think it would attract more season ticket holders...

works out cheaper than this current season's rates for a Adult and same for others aswell it obviously worked at Hartlepool this current* season because they attracted Sunderland and Middlesbrough Fans aswell as there own
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Hartlepool United on 13:26 - Apr 4 with 521 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United on 13:04 - Apr 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

works out cheaper than this current season's rates for a Adult and same for others aswell it obviously worked at Hartlepool this current* season because they attracted Sunderland and Middlesbrough Fans aswell as there own

Hmm, I think they were hoping to attract more fans paying on the day, though, Taz, as they would be paying full admission price to make up the shortfall.

That was one of the reasons why their manager was sacked; the club were losing money because of this scheme.

Then there was a large number of away fans who boycotted the fixture up there because it was £25 to sit in that awful away end.

Hartlepool's core support was already more than ours before this initiative and if they have had trouble making it work, how hard would we find it?

It's interesting they are doing it again, but not as cheaply as last year.

How many Sunderland and Middlesbrough fans did they attract, by the way?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hartlepool United on 13:33 - Apr 4 with 501 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Hartlepool United on 13:26 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

Hmm, I think they were hoping to attract more fans paying on the day, though, Taz, as they would be paying full admission price to make up the shortfall.

That was one of the reasons why their manager was sacked; the club were losing money because of this scheme.

Then there was a large number of away fans who boycotted the fixture up there because it was £25 to sit in that awful away end.

Hartlepool's core support was already more than ours before this initiative and if they have had trouble making it work, how hard would we find it?

It's interesting they are doing it again, but not as cheaply as last year.

How many Sunderland and Middlesbrough fans did they attract, by the way?

In this print aswell after such a date in July there season ticket prices go back to normal but there were quite a few i think they gained extra 1k out of there local people who wouldnt normally go and also the Sunderland and Middlesbrough effect to add some sort of atmophere at Victoria Park

Hartlepool United on 13:58 - Apr 4 with 466 viewsToffeemanc

Great as a scheme like this would be for fans to pay less how exactly would the club benefit?

As TVOS as said above, any many other posters previously on other threads we always struggle to attract bigger crowds even with reduced admissions and special offers. If Dale were to introduce a scheme like this one, those of us who normally buy a season ticket would still buy anyway, but the club would receive a far smaller income than usual. Even if all the fans who normally pay on the day decided to buy a season ticket there would still be no benefit to the club financially, as the number of supporters at games is unlikely to change by any significant amount but the income from ticket sales would be a lot less. Lower income means a smaller budget for players etc.
As fans I understand we would all like to pay as little as possible to watch the match, and whilst I'm not happy at season ticket prices not being reduced for the inevitable league 2 football we will be watching next season, I will still be renewing my season ticket for next season. This is mainly due to the fact that I had anticipated that there may even have been a small increase in the prices if we had been safe and looking forward to another season in league 1 and had already budgeted accordingly.

A scheme like this is great for grabbing headlines and getting the club publicity, as proved by Tazzy finding this article and posting it on here, but if Dale were to ever introduce this type of scheme IMO it could well become the beginning of the end for the club financially. Given this alternative I would much rather budget through the season for a higher cost safe in the knowledge that it allows the club to be on a sound financial footing and in a position to give the manager a reasonable budget to ensure we are able to watch a competative team in the football league.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hartlepool United on 14:04 - Apr 4 with 459 viewsjudd

I reckon Sunderland and Middlesborough fans couldn't be arsed coming to the Dale anyway.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hartlepool United on 14:19 - Apr 4 with 437 views442Dale

Hartlepool United on 14:04 - Apr 4 by judd

I reckon Sunderland and Middlesborough fans couldn't be arsed coming to the Dale anyway.

Even those based in Bamford?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool United on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 423 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United on 14:19 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

Even those based in Bamford?

Especially those.

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United on 14:32 - Apr 4 with 422 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United on 14:04 - Apr 4 by judd

Middlesbrough brought a few in the Freight Rover 25 years ago.

Hartlepool United on 14:33 - Apr 4 with 416 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United on 14:32 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

Middlesbrough brought a few in the Freight Rover 25 years ago.

To buy season tickets?

Hartlepool United on 14:36 - Apr 4 with 410 views442Dale

Hartlepool United on 14:33 - Apr 4 by judd

To buy season tickets?

Can you still get them for the JPT?

Hartlepool United on 14:40 - Apr 4 with 404 viewsjudd

Hartlepool United on 14:36 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

Can you still get them for the JPT?

Middlesborough fans?

Hartlepool United on 14:44 - Apr 4 with 395 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United on 14:33 - Apr 4 by judd

To buy season tickets?

I never said what they brought a few of.

Hartlepool United on 14:50 - Apr 4 with 388 viewspioneer

I like the notion of 4 days a week being full time in the case of students!!

Dont want to push those darlings too hard now. I suppose to make it 5 days a week could seriously affect the brewing industry profits.

(OK just a bit of fun)
Hartlepool United on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 375 views442Dale

Hartlepool United on 14:40 - Apr 4 by judd

Middlesborough fans?

Actually,thinking about it, it's possible.

If Hartlepool are drawn at home.

Hartlepool United on 16:18 - Apr 4 with 318 viewselectricblue

Why dont Dale extend the discount season ticket date to run from end of may to mid july....
This in my view would encourage the possibilty of a few more sales....
It also gives people the chance to have their summer hols and knowingly they can still buy a discounted ticket..

I know if i said to my wife the hols would have to wait because im buying a Dale season ticket first she would go nuts...hence extend the deadline date..
It makes sense....

Hartlepool United on 16:31 - Apr 4 with 305 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United on 16:18 - Apr 4 by electricblue

Why dont Dale extend the discount season ticket date to run from end of may to mid july....
This in my view would encourage the possibilty of a few more sales....
It also gives people the chance to have their summer hols and knowingly they can still buy a discounted ticket..

I know if i said to my wife the hols would have to wait because im buying a Dale season ticket first she would go nuts...hence extend the deadline date..
It makes sense....

It's summat to do with the club needing to know what kind of budget the manager will have for putting his squad together

The discount is to encourage sufficient income before the players report back for pre-season to allow the manager to plan ahead

For instance, if everyone decided to delay buying their ST until mid-July, the club wouldn't be sure what the likely resources would be pre-season, therefore we'd be at a disadvantage against those clubs whose manager did

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United on 16:39 - Apr 4 with 284 viewselectricblue

Hartlepool United on 16:31 - Apr 4 by D_Alien

It's summat to do with the club needing to know what kind of budget the manager will have for putting his squad together

The discount is to encourage sufficient income before the players report back for pre-season to allow the manager to plan ahead

For instance, if everyone decided to delay buying their ST until mid-July, the club wouldn't be sure what the likely resources would be pre-season, therefore we'd be at a disadvantage against those clubs whose manager did

I fully understand that....
Correct me if im wrong on this..
Didnt CD state that something like theres funds for a promotion push should dale find themselves in Div2?
So to me that means a budget is already sorted.....

Now is the time to help the fans by extending the deadline......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024