Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perraud 23:56 - Feb 24 with 2281 viewssaint22

Letting him leave looks even more stupid now and why aren’t we recalling him?
Perraud on 11:05 - Feb 25 with 2063 viewsFlamingbankers

To be honest I wish Perraud all the best away from the Saints. If Saints can't recall our best left back, he's better off playing somewhere else rather than suffer the confused vagaries of the present Saints management.
Perraud on 16:00 - Feb 25 with 1934 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 11:05 - Feb 25 by Flamingbankers

To be honest I wish Perraud all the best away from the Saints. If Saints can't recall our best left back, he's better off playing somewhere else rather than suffer the confused vagaries of the present Saints management.

Hasn't quite managed to yet make the starting 11 for midtable Nice this season,
looks like they rate him highly
Perraud on 16:27 - Feb 25 with 1889 viewsfelly1

Average player imo.
Perraud on 19:22 - Feb 25 with 1830 viewsmushinexile

I'd settle for an average LB right now. Perraud would do
Perraud on 20:02 - Feb 25 with 1775 viewssaint22

Perraud on 16:27 - Feb 25 by felly1

Average player imo.

oh he is no Roberto Carlos BUT he is an option and IMO a far better LB than our current offering
and he is our player so its nonsensical that we endless plus squares into round holes when Manning shows himself to be inadequate for the job
Perraud on 22:32 - Feb 25 with 1686 viewssaintwizzler

Now that the team selection bingo machine is back in action after The Austrian Messiah days, Perraud could be deployed anywhere in the team

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Perraud on 22:38 - Feb 25 with 1672 viewsPatfromPoole

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

In the 3-3 draw at Arsenal last season, Perraud was bloody superb against Saka. Not many would have done better against him.

Russell Martin hung Perraud out to dry at Gillingham, and couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Perraud on 15:23 - Feb 27 with 1449 viewsBerber

Perraud on 16:27 - Feb 25 by felly1

Average player imo.

But better than anyone we have got at LB, including KWP.
Login to get fewer ads

Perraud on 19:30 - Mar 2 with 1244 viewssaint22

Perraud on 15:23 - Feb 27 by Berber

Seen enough yet Wussell??
Get Perraud back for the run in ffs
Perraud on 21:06 - Mar 2 with 1163 viewsButty101

Perraud on 22:38 - Feb 25 by PatfromPoole

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

In the 3-3 draw at Arsenal last season, Perraud was bloody superb against Saka. Not many would have done better against him.

Russell Martin hung Perraud out to dry at Gillingham, and couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

Who would play Perraud as a center back ffs. Not only that but a player who was coming back from a long term injury

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Perraud on 15:51 - Mar 3 with 939 viewsfelly1

Perraud on 15:23 - Feb 27 by Berber

Can't agree with that.
Ralph didn't fancy him either and preferred KWP on the left and Tino on the right.
Has anyone considered the possibility that Perraud wanted out?
Don't get me wrong he's better than our current left back.
Just think we should be bringing in someone better than the pair of them
Perraud on 16:29 - Mar 3 with 920 viewssaint22

Perraud on 15:51 - Mar 3 by felly1

Can't agree with that.
Ralph didn't fancy him either and preferred KWP on the left and Tino on the right.
Has anyone considered the possibility that Perraud wanted out?
Don't get me wrong he's better than our current left back.
Just think we should be bringing in someone better than the pair of them

Ralph also picked McCarthy regularly
And vestergaard
Anyway in no way do I think Perraud is the answer BUT he is better than what we have and he is still our player
So until we can buy better I would say it’s worth a shot
Perraud on 18:22 - Mar 3 with 870 viewssaintwizzler

Perraud on 16:29 - Mar 3 by saint22

Ralph also picked McCarthy regularly
And vestergaard
Anyway in no way do I think Perraud is the answer BUT he is better than what we have and he is still our player
So until we can buy better I would say it’s worth a shot

Hasenhüttl also played Djenepo and Højbjerg at Left Back.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Perraud on 19:00 - Mar 3 with 835 viewsfelly1

Perraud on 18:22 - Mar 3 by saintwizzler

Hasenhüttl also played Djenepo and Højbjerg at Left Back.

And Kevin Danso ffs!
Perraud on 22:48 - Mar 3 with 741 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 16:00 - Feb 25 by hedgeend61

Hasn't quite managed to yet make the starting 11 for midtable Nice this season,
looks like they rate him highly

He has played just 187 minutes in Ligue 1 this season, out of 20 games he has come on as sub 15 times and not got off the bench on another 5, yet to start a game for them in the league this season.

When he was here he was not exactly setting the world alight, now he is gone he is suddenly the missing link for some.

If he had of played would anything be different, he would play to the system and would be getting slagged off for tucking in too much and not getting out wide

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 07:16 - Mar 4 with 665 viewsmushinexile

Maybe so but he has footballing skills not found in the corpse that is currently occupying his position.
Perraud on 10:43 - Mar 5 with 553 viewsRon11

Perraud on 07:16 - Mar 4 by mushinexile

Maybe so but he has footballing skills not found in the corpse that is currently occupying his position.

Precisely.
But he's not one of Wuss's mates.
Perraud on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 534 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 21:06 - Mar 2 by Butty101

Who would play Perraud as a center back ffs. Not only that but a player who was coming back from a long term injury

It did seem strange to play him at centre back at Gillingham, clearly the manager was looking for a reaction from the player to see how he adapted, you could argue it was against a League 2 side so a player with top flight experience should be able to adapt.

But in Perraud's defence he is not that sort of player, he was an old fashioned left back, he didn't have the engine to get up and down the wing for 90 mins.

In short he was just not the sort of player that suited Russell Martin's system, the same could be said of Tall Paul Onauchu and to a lesser extent Alcaraz, who could adapt a little but still didn't fit in with the system or the Championship.

I didn't really rate Perraud as a Premier League full back, a little too one dimensional in my opinion, If Livramento had been fit he would hardly have played last season

But I don't go around calling him names, he gave his best for the club, like a lot of players last season, he just wasn't good enough, if he had been other Premier League clubs would have been after him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 14:55 - Mar 5 with 484 viewsShirtNumbers

Perraud on 11:28 - Mar 5 by SaintNick

It did seem strange to play him at centre back at Gillingham, clearly the manager was looking for a reaction from the player to see how he adapted, you could argue it was against a League 2 side so a player with top flight experience should be able to adapt.

But in Perraud's defence he is not that sort of player, he was an old fashioned left back, he didn't have the engine to get up and down the wing for 90 mins.

In short he was just not the sort of player that suited Russell Martin's system, the same could be said of Tall Paul Onauchu and to a lesser extent Alcaraz, who could adapt a little but still didn't fit in with the system or the Championship.

I didn't really rate Perraud as a Premier League full back, a little too one dimensional in my opinion, If Livramento had been fit he would hardly have played last season

But I don't go around calling him names, he gave his best for the club, like a lot of players last season, he just wasn't good enough, if he had been other Premier League clubs would have been after him

Livramento IMO is an exceptional footballer who was far too good for us. He would walk into most Premier League teams so this seems like a bit of an unfair comparison.

Furthermore, I would also say it is a little unfair to be calling Perraud one dimensional. Did a good job in defence and was strong going forward, as proved by his goal contributions in his 2 seasons. As PatfromPoole would say, "He runs runs runs, runs runs down the wing".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024