Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why we are not good enough. 09:07 - Mar 3 with 2897 viewsmushinexile

We have lost as many games as Leicester but we have drawn four more. I have been worried all season about clubs that simply score more goals than we do. They bury teams and we let them back into games which is why we are eight points behind them now. Mathematically, any team down to 22nd could rob us of a playoff place with 33 up for grabs. Playoffs are not a certainly with our current form. We need to stop fielding players who leak goals and we need to do it now. Our playing style has been rumbled and a hard won three points against ten men isn't confidence inspiring. Promotion teams don't go two down in the first twenty minutes.
Why we are not good enough. on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 2208 viewscocklebreath

Ffs of course we are getting at least okay offs.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Why we are not good enough. on 09:14 - Mar 3 with 2196 viewsPatfromPoole

We must be top of the league in terms of a goals conceded : shots faced ratio.

Birmingham should have had to work a lot harder offensively to score 3 goals.

But that was so exciting yesterday; a real range of emotions.

This team are really putting us through it….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Why we are not good enough. on 09:36 - Mar 3 with 2153 viewsA1079

Why we are not good enough. on 09:14 - Mar 3 by PatfromPoole

We must be top of the league in terms of a goals conceded : shots faced ratio.

Birmingham should have had to work a lot harder offensively to score 3 goals.

But that was so exciting yesterday; a real range of emotions.

This team are really putting us through it….

It was really exciting yesterday Pat and in many respects loving the championship compared to the sterile, all too predictable Premier League. Obviously yesterday ended on a high and it was manic at the end and you can't get a much better feeling that a winning goal in the dying seconds of a game. It leaves you feeling on a high for the whole weekend. But, and I hate to give an alternative view when you have just won, as much as things were good about yesterday there were many moments in the game in which Saints frustrated me and you have to say, that because of that, because of the goals conceded, because of the failure to convert possession to goals early on, etc automatic promotion will be difficult and even if we are promoted we are going to really struggle with this team and format of playing.

But, I have enjoyed the season and loving the championship and in the most part enjoying watching football again, so here is the rub.......I want us to do well and I would love to win the championship but how much do I want to go back to the PL...........that is a much harder question?
Why we are not good enough. on 09:48 - Mar 3 with 2121 viewsPatfromPoole

Why we are not good enough. on 09:36 - Mar 3 by A1079

It was really exciting yesterday Pat and in many respects loving the championship compared to the sterile, all too predictable Premier League. Obviously yesterday ended on a high and it was manic at the end and you can't get a much better feeling that a winning goal in the dying seconds of a game. It leaves you feeling on a high for the whole weekend. But, and I hate to give an alternative view when you have just won, as much as things were good about yesterday there were many moments in the game in which Saints frustrated me and you have to say, that because of that, because of the goals conceded, because of the failure to convert possession to goals early on, etc automatic promotion will be difficult and even if we are promoted we are going to really struggle with this team and format of playing.

But, I have enjoyed the season and loving the championship and in the most part enjoying watching football again, so here is the rub.......I want us to do well and I would love to win the championship but how much do I want to go back to the PL...........that is a much harder question?

I think most of us feel the same way.

The Huddersfield game and yesterday’s game are two of the best games I have been to.

You don’t get games like that in the Prem.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Why we are not good enough. on 12:18 - Mar 3 with 1920 viewssaint22

Our conversion rate is shocking
Coupled with endless goals gifted that’s a poor combo
Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 12:44 - Mar 3 with 1882 viewsParanoidHemroid

Even if we only average one point per game, Norwich would need 27 points from 11 games, bearing in mind that they currently average just over 1.5 points a game. We cant possibly miss out on the playoffs
[Post edited 3 Mar 12:51]

Poll: Do you think there should be a seperate page for polls?

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 13:32 - Mar 3 with 1806 views1885_SFC

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 12:44 - Mar 3 by ParanoidHemroid

Even if we only average one point per game, Norwich would need 27 points from 11 games, bearing in mind that they currently average just over 1.5 points a game. We cant possibly miss out on the playoffs
[Post edited 3 Mar 12:51]

Correct. We are practically guaranteed a play-off place as it stands... and a play-off place is where we'll finish, imho.

Old School is Cool

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 15:23 - Mar 3 with 1702 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 13:32 - Mar 3 by 1885_SFC

Correct. We are practically guaranteed a play-off place as it stands... and a play-off place is where we'll finish, imho.

Agreed on all points, none of the teams below us are good enough to max it out in the last 11 games. If Leicester carry on their slump could Ipswich take the top spot?? Most people would have said us a couple of weeks ago or more likely Leeds but even they faltered to a small degree yesterday. What odds could you have got back at the start of August for Ipswich to win it? Still plenty of twists and turns to go I suspect.
Login to get fewer ads

Why we are not good enough. on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 1700 viewsmushinexile

Drop nine points against Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester and you might not feel so confident.
Why we are not good enough. on 16:03 - Mar 3 with 1663 viewscocklebreath

Why we are not good enough. on 15:27 - Mar 3 by mushinexile

Drop nine points against Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester and you might not feel so confident.

Really? we’d have to absolutely collapse to not get in play offs.

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 16:30 - Mar 3 with 1634 viewssaint22

Why we are not good enough. (n/t) on 15:23 - Mar 3 by InTimeAddedOn

Agreed on all points, none of the teams below us are good enough to max it out in the last 11 games. If Leicester carry on their slump could Ipswich take the top spot?? Most people would have said us a couple of weeks ago or more likely Leeds but even they faltered to a small degree yesterday. What odds could you have got back at the start of August for Ipswich to win it? Still plenty of twists and turns to go I suspect.

First up we need to beat Preston and Sunderland
Failure to do that an auto up is never gonna happen
Why we are not good enough. on 16:34 - Mar 3 with 1629 viewsmushinexile

Why we are not good enough. on 16:03 - Mar 3 by cocklebreath

Really? we’d have to absolutely collapse to not get in play offs.

How long have you supported Saints? It might be relatively unlikely but it is by no means impossible with the right sort of incompetence and some bad luck.
Why we are not good enough. on 17:52 - Mar 3 with 1569 views1885_SFC

Why we are not good enough. on 15:27 - Mar 3 by mushinexile

We've now got 3 home games in a row - Preston, Sunderland & Middlesboro.

Hull currently hold the last play-off position in 6th - a full 14 points behind us. They still have to play Leicester, Leeds & Ipswich yet too.

You need to chill.

Old School is Cool

Why we are not good enough. on 18:27 - Mar 3 with 1531 viewscocklebreath

Why we are not good enough. on 16:34 - Mar 3 by mushinexile

How long have you supported Saints? It might be relatively unlikely but it is by no means impossible with the right sort of incompetence and some bad luck.

Over 40 years, it’s not happening

Why we are not good enough. on 18:36 - Mar 3 with 1527 viewssledger

we are definately making the play offs thats fact.
Defence wise we are a car crash because of the way we play,we still take chances even when we have got the game won plus we have the slowest left back in the league,dead people move quicker.
Why we are not good enough. on 18:59 - Mar 3 with 1491 viewsCenturion

We could miss the play off places.
However, if that happens RM will also lose his job.

If we qualify for the play offs but fail to go up I think we can still say it has been a successful season and RM should be given a chance to develop the squad further.

Again, if we qualify for the play offs it will be another success even if we do not make it to the play offs.

I suppose we have to see things as 3 to 5 year plan.
Why we are not good enough. on 19:38 - Mar 3 with 1451 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Why we are not good enough. on 18:59 - Mar 3 by Centurion

We could miss the play off places.
However, if that happens RM will also lose his job.

If we qualify for the play offs but fail to go up I think we can still say it has been a successful season and RM should be given a chance to develop the squad further.

Again, if we qualify for the play offs it will be another success even if we do not make it to the play offs.

I suppose we have to see things as 3 to 5 year plan.

I will be impressed if we qualify for the playoffs even if we do not make it to the playoffs.
Why we are not good enough. on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 1402 viewspjt50

Why we are not good enough. on 18:36 - Mar 3 by sledger

we are definately making the play offs thats fact.
Defence wise we are a car crash because of the way we play,we still take chances even when we have got the game won plus we have the slowest left back in the league,dead people move quicker.

Can't be bothered to work it out again but, before Friday's match, if all teams continued their form over the previous 5 games until the end of the season we'd finish joint 6th on points with Norwich. Currently we've got a much better goal difference.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Why we are not good enough. on 21:02 - Mar 3 with 1350 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Question is would it be preferrable to get promotion and receive a drubbing most games, unless the owners invest loads of money and the scouting improves significantly OR stay in the Championship and enjoy winning more games than we lose (unless we end up like Stoke or other ex Prem sides flirting with relegation?)
Why we are not good enough. on 07:13 - Mar 4 with 1195 viewsmushinexile

I take the point that the football has been much more enjoyable since losing heavily early in the season and I accept that we would consider fifteenth in the PL as a big achievement but our proper place is there because as a fan, you want your club to be at the very top.
Why we are not good enough. on 07:41 - Mar 4 with 1170 viewsBerber

Why we are not good enough. on 07:13 - Mar 4 by mushinexile

I take the point that the football has been much more enjoyable since losing heavily early in the season and I accept that we would consider fifteenth in the PL as a big achievement but our proper place is there because as a fan, you want your club to be at the very top.

I am with this. Accepting that being second rate (Championship) is where you want to be may seem to be OK, until you become average second rate, then below average second rate. Then League 1. Playing attractive football against lesser teams might thrill some, but for me is much the same as WWW, a spectacular farce. Striving to be amongst the best is what makes the difference.
Why we are not good enough. on 13:18 - Mar 4 with 1039 viewsRipleys_revenge

I want to be in a premier league without the top 6
Why we are not good enough. on 14:45 - Mar 4 with 982 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Why we are not good enough. on 13:18 - Mar 4 by Ripleys_revenge

I want to be in a premier league without the top 6

Agree 100%, it’s about time the mega rich funded clubs from the top of the PL all trotted off to their super-dooper world league and gorged themselves on the piles of cash till they burst. Then we can have our League and Cups back and start daring to dream of maybe winning something again 🙂⚽️🙂
Why we are not good enough. on 20:52 - Mar 4 with 923 viewsfelly1

Why we are not good enough. on 14:45 - Mar 4 by InTimeAddedOn

Agree 100%, it’s about time the mega rich funded clubs from the top of the PL all trotted off to their super-dooper world league and gorged themselves on the piles of cash till they burst. Then we can have our League and Cups back and start daring to dream of maybe winning something again 🙂⚽️🙂

Yep, bin off the big /6/7 to their diamond league of trillionaires and lets have a Prem 1 and Prem 2.
40 clubs split into two leagues of 20.
The TV cash shared out alot more evenly and hey presto we have our game back.
Why we are not good enough. on 10:41 - Mar 5 with 830 viewsSaintNick

Why we are not good enough. on 20:52 - Mar 4 by felly1

Yep, bin off the big /6/7 to their diamond league of trillionaires and lets have a Prem 1 and Prem 2.
40 clubs split into two leagues of 20.
The TV cash shared out alot more evenly and hey presto we have our game back.

I think that the Big 7 leaving for a European Super league whilst not playing in the Premier League is the only way forward if football in this country is to flourish

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024