Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RM apologises for dropping AA 13:25 - Mar 4 with 1137 viewsGRIM

I said in a previous post that it appears that
RM is cloning Nathan Jones by pampering up to the players.
He's come out now & said that he made a big mistake by dropping AA for a couple of games.
AA was very upset about being left on the bench but he was out of form & it was not a mistake to drop him.
You'd expect any pro footballer to be upset if not playing but RM should not pamper to him & play him just because he's not happy at being benched.
It makes me wonder if RM is picking his team based on his relationship with them rather than their ability or form.
That may account for why he keeps shoe Horning Jack Stephen's into the side.
Alright because we're desperately short of defenders right now & he has to play JS but there have been numerous games that a place was made for JS at the expense of others. He's even consistently playing JS out of position just to shoe horn him in.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 13:29 - Mar 4 with 1117 viewsBerber

Not to mention Manning.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 13:31 - Mar 4 with 1115 viewsPatfromPoole

Russell Martin has praised every player to the high heavens in his interviews and press conferences this season.

Apart from Romain Perraud and Alcaraz.

The whole halo polishing act loses its effect after a while, I dare say.

As for Adam Armstrong, he tries hard, but he isn’t clinical enough and misses a lot of chances.

Nick will doubtless disagree, but if Ross Stewart had been fit, I think Adam Armstrong would have been in a Mara “useful sub for last 10 minutes” role.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:00 - Mar 4 with 1002 viewsNumber_58

RM apologises for dropping AA on 13:31 - Mar 4 by PatfromPoole

Russell Martin has praised every player to the high heavens in his interviews and press conferences this season.

As for Adam Armstrong, he tries hard, but he isn’t clinical enough and misses a lot of chances.

Nick will doubtless disagree, but if Ross Stewart had been fit, I think Adam Armstrong would have been in a Mara “useful sub for last 10 minutes” role.

Would that be 17 goal, second highest scorer in the Championship Adam Armstrong, or a different Adam Armstrong?
RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:04 - Mar 4 with 1000 viewsGRIM

RM apologises for dropping AA on 13:31 - Mar 4 by PatfromPoole

Yes, I must admit that I am a bit fed up with RM's constant use of the words Love & Proud.
Not sure I'd want to hear that all the time if I was a player. It loses its novelty after a while.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:15 - Mar 4 with 967 viewsPatfromPoole

RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:00 - Mar 4 by Number_58

Would that be 17 goal, second highest scorer in the Championship Adam Armstrong, or a different Adam Armstrong?

The same.

He should be on 30 goals, given the number of sitters he has missed this season.

I like him, he tries hard and gives his all for the team.

But he isn’t good enough, and the fact we don’t score enough goals as a team is because he is our main striker.

Adams hasn’t scored enough either.

And then you have Mara.

RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:17 - Mar 4 with 892 viewsGRIM

RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:15 - Mar 4 by PatfromPoole

The same.

He should be on 30 goals, given the number of sitters he has missed this season.

But he isn’t good enough, and the fact we don’t score enough goals as a team is because he is our main striker.

And then you have Mara.

Not sure our problem is scoring goals, our big problem is conceding goals.
We shouldn't need to score 3 or 4 or 5 to win a game.
If we could improve our defending & keep some clean sheets (as we did during our unbeaten run) it would take the pressure off our strikers, when we're conceding soft goals & chasing games panic sets in up front & we get desperate & snatching at things.
But I've never been convinced about AA despite him being our top scorer with 17 goals. He needs to compose himself & improve his decision making.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:28 - Mar 4 with 878 viewsgrumpy

Adam Armstrong has been magnificent this season,where would we have been without his 17 goals?
Hes done this while his partners up front have often struggled.
I don't like him being repositioned on the wing to accommodate Adams or Mara,hes more affective in the middle, given an affective partner he probably have scored more goals.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 841 viewsSaintNick

RM apologises for dropping AA on 15:15 - Mar 4 by PatfromPoole

The same.

And then you have Mara.

All strikers miss sitters, but you base a player by the benchmark in the division.

1. Sammie Szmodics 19 goals 3 assists Goal conversion rate 26%, shot accuracy 57%
2. Adam Armstrong 17 goals 11 assists Goal conversion rate 23% Shot accuracy 64%
3. Morgan Whittaker 17 goals 7 assists Goal conversion rate 21% shot accuracy 60%

There is not a striker in the division who has been involved in more goals than Armstrong, there is also not a striker in the division who has not missed a chance.

Armstrong is converting just under 1 in 4 of his chances, but more to the point he is getting his efforts on target more than his contemporaries.

Also in many games he hasn't been the main striker, on Saturday Che Adams was the main striker and Adam Armstrong played out wide and that has been the case a few times this season.

You say we don't score enough goals as a team yet with 69 goals we are the 3rd highest scorers in the division, Leicester are top on 71, followed by Ipswich on 70.

We have had 16 different scorers this season

You say Adams hasn't scored enough, yet in the Championship this season only 19 players have got into double figures and Adams is one of them.

The claim he should be on 30 goals this season is just misleading, he has had 74 shots for his 23% conversion rate, Erling Haaland is the Premier League top scorer with 18 goals from 24 attempts with a conversion rate of 24%.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:02 - Mar 4 with 816 viewssaints__fan__73

Sammie Szmodics is a made up name surely?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:08 - Mar 4 with 786 viewskingslandstand1

RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:53 - Mar 4 by SaintNick

All strikers miss sitters, but you base a player by the benchmark in the division.

1. Sammie Szmodics 19 goals 3 assists Goal conversion rate 26%, shot accuracy 57%
2. Adam Armstrong 17 goals 11 assists Goal conversion rate 23% Shot accuracy 64%
3. Morgan Whittaker 17 goals 7 assists Goal conversion rate 21% shot accuracy 60%

There is not a striker in the division who has been involved in more goals than Armstrong, there is also not a striker in the division who has not missed a chance.

Armstrong is converting just under 1 in 4 of his chances, but more to the point he is getting his efforts on target more than his contemporaries.

Also in many games he hasn't been the main striker, on Saturday Che Adams was the main striker and Adam Armstrong played out wide and that has been the case a few times this season.

You say we don't score enough goals as a team yet with 69 goals we are the 3rd highest scorers in the division, Leicester are top on 71, followed by Ipswich on 70.

You say Adams hasn't scored enough, yet in the Championship this season only 19 players have got into double figures and Adams is one of them.

The claim he should be on 30 goals this season is just misleading, he has had 74 shots for his 23% conversion rate, Erling Haaland is the Premier League top scorer with 18 goals from 24 attempts with a conversion rate of 24%.

But Nick, factual stats get in the way of a decent argument about opinions don't they?
RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:11 - Mar 4 with 773 viewskingslandstand1

RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:17 - Mar 4 by GRIM

Not sure our problem is scoring goals, our big problem is conceding goals.
We shouldn't need to score 3 or 4 or 5 to win a game.
If we could improve our defending & keep some clean sheets (as we did during our unbeaten run) it would take the pressure off our strikers, when we're conceding soft goals & chasing games panic sets in up front & we get desperate & snatching at things.
But I've never been convinced about AA despite him being our top scorer with 17 goals. He needs to compose himself & improve his decision making.

And without looking at the stats, I'd suggest the conceding problem has been since JS came back in to full regular reckoning, or should I look at the stats (and positional play of certain players) ?
RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:11 - Mar 4 with 772 viewsSaintNick

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:08 - Mar 4 by kingslandstand1

But Nick, factual stats get in the way of a decent argument about opinions don't they?

Sadly yes, pre internet days you could just argue about it all night in a pub

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:14 - Mar 4 with 763 viewsPatfromPoole

RM apologises for dropping AA on 16:53 - Mar 4 by SaintNick

We can all quote stats to suit an argument.

We do not score enough goals, and that is what will probably cost us this season.

In the following 6 games, we scored a total of 26 goals:-

Norwich home (4), Blackburn home (4), Swansea home (5), Sheff Wed home (4), Huddersfield home (5) Birmingham away (4).

In the remaining 29 games, we only scored 43 goals.

Relative to the amount of possession we invariably have in matches, that is a pretty poor return. Leicester have similar possession stats to us, but are better defensively.

RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:03 - Mar 4 with 719 viewsGRIM

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:11 - Mar 4 by kingslandstand1

And without looking at the stats, I'd suggest the conceding problem has been since JS came back in to full regular reckoning, or should I look at the stats (and positional play of certain players) ?

I thought that but didn't like to single out JS because others ( in particular Manning & Baz ) have been guilty of poor defending.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:05 - Mar 4 with 717 viewsfelly1

Armstrong is fine by me.28 goals and assists is the best in the Championship.
He was poor for a run of games recently and did deserve to be benched.
Hes definitely better out wide right .
We know we would have to upgrade him if we did get promoted .
Injury prone Ross Stewart is the issue for me.
RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:11 - Mar 4 with 703 viewskingslandstand1

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:11 - Mar 4 by SaintNick

Sadly yes, pre internet days you could just argue about it all night in a pub

And those arguments get better and better as the evening in the pub goes on!!
RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:13 - Mar 4 with 690 viewsJellybaby

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:02 - Mar 4 by saints__fan__73

Sammie Szmodics is a made up name surely?

I feel sorry for his wife Shazza.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:13 - Mar 4 with 687 viewskingslandstand1

RM apologises for dropping AA on 18:03 - Mar 4 by GRIM

I thought that but didn't like to single out JS because others ( in particular Manning & Baz ) have been guilty of poor defending.

Yeah, think I'll go back to putting my putting my five penneth towards the RNLI, no one else gets involved in those discussions
RM apologises for dropping AA on 20:01 - Mar 4 with 596 viewssaint22

RM apologises for dropping AA on 17:11 - Mar 4 by kingslandstand1

defending is our issue
as always, we have never had a solid set back 4 and don't have decent back up
plus our keeper is happy to oblige the odd gift here and there
how many clean sheets have we actually had?
RM apologises for dropping AA on 20:47 - Mar 4 with 551 viewsfelly1

RM apologises for dropping AA on 20:01 - Mar 4 by saint22

defending is our issue
as always, we have never had a solid set back 4 and don't have decent back up
plus our keeper is happy to oblige the odd gift here and there
how many clean sheets have we actually had?

10 clean sheets this season, Ipswich and Leicester have had 11.
Leeds and West Brom have the most.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024