Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Fans 16:39 - Mar 6 with 3073 viewsSaintNick

They left Preston at 11.30am this morning, they would probably have been well South of Birmingham when they found out the match might be off and by the time it was called off probably somewhere near Oxford

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Preston Fans on 11:55 - Mar 7 with 812 viewsWints76

When we played that Leicester game in 83/4, they were bottom of the league with 1 point. In normal conditions, it is fair to say we'd have won. When it was replayed a few weeks later, they'd picked up and they beat us. Then we finished runners up by 3 points.

Remember that Crewe replay as well. I guess we had about 1500 up there (?). Next round was Swindon away and Saints put tickets on sale at The Dell at 9am next morning. Cheers then.
Preston Fans on 12:23 - Mar 7 with 774 viewsPatfromPoole

Preston Fans on 11:55 - Mar 7 by Wints76

When we played that Leicester game in 83/4, they were bottom of the league with 1 point. In normal conditions, it is fair to say we'd have won. When it was replayed a few weeks later, they'd picked up and they beat us. Then we finished runners up by 3 points.

Remember that Crewe replay as well. I guess we had about 1500 up there (?). Next round was Swindon away and Saints put tickets on sale at The Dell at 9am next morning. Cheers then.

I remember that as well....

I turned up at work in Bournemouth at about 10.30am the morning after the Crewe game, claiming I had overslept.

Was a blatant fib, as I had driven back from Poole to the Dell for 8.30am to queue up for Swindon tickets. None of this online fastest finger first caper.

For added stupidity, I then missed the quarter-final at Man United as I had chicken pox. At the age of 22, FFS.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Preston Fans on 12:58 - Mar 7 with 745 viewsAvior

Brilliant thread!
Preston Fans on 14:50 - Mar 7 with 647 viewsSaintNick

In danger of ruining an urban myth, Liverpool had a goal difference of plus 41, ours was plus 28

I think that the title was lost in the 4th game of the season when we drew 1-1 at Anfield, had we won there 8-1 then we would have been Champions come the end of the season .

Ian Rush gave Liverpool the lead in the 62nd minute after a poor backpass from Ryan Manning, before Mick Mills equalised on 84 minutes, Liverpool then defended for dear life but managed to hold on despite the ref playing an unprecedented, well in those days 3 minutes of injury time

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Preston Fans on 15:39 - Mar 7 with 619 viewsTimSaint

I went to that Crewe game - my cousin volunteered to drive up.
3-0 up and cruising - Dodd curled in a beauty from outside the box.
Then as per usual we let 1 in, sh1t ourselves, let in another and panic.
At least we managed to hold on though.

I remember that game because not only was it my one and only trip to Crewe, but Barry Venison was sat in with the Saints fans, just a few rows back from us.

TimSaint

Preston Fans on 16:11 - Mar 7 with 605 viewsPatfromPoole

Preston Fans on 14:50 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

In danger of ruining an urban myth, Liverpool had a goal difference of plus 41, ours was plus 28

I think that the title was lost in the 4th game of the season when we drew 1-1 at Anfield, had we won there 8-1 then we would have been Champions come the end of the season .

Ian Rush gave Liverpool the lead in the 62nd minute after a poor backpass from Ryan Manning, before Mick Mills equalised on 84 minutes, Liverpool then defended for dear life but managed to hold on despite the ref playing an unprecedented, well in those days 3 minutes of injury time

Was Ryan Manning a bit of a liability in a previous life as well?

If only we'd had the earlier version of Mara up front instead of Steve Moran, I guess....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Preston Fans on 16:35 - Mar 7 with 584 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Preston Fans on 14:50 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

Ryan Manning, what a bastard.
Preston Fans on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 552 views1teeminants

Preston Fans on 20:30 - Mar 6 by SalisburySaint

Wigan away in cup was coldest I’ve ever been, and I was at those other games mentioned

Yep definitely Wigan away for me too. Was biting into your face .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Preston Fans on 18:20 - Mar 7 with 516 viewsMytchettSaint

Preston Fans on 17:02 - Mar 7 by 1teeminants

Wigan game was when we encountered the beast from the east. I was in Spain watching in a bar. But it wasn’t too warm there either!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Preston Fans on 22:24 - Mar 7 with 426 viewshedgeend61

Preston Fans on 17:02 - Mar 7 by 1teeminants

I tried to drive up to Kings Worthy to get a lift to Wigan, but only got as far as Tesco at Winnall as the snow was so bad on the minor roads, so my mate picked us up there as he had a better motor to cope with the snow. As far as I can remember the snow seemed to stop just north of the midlands and the roads thereon were pretty clear.

The Reading game I took my daughter who was about 10 at the time, but left after about an hour as would have probably got done for child abuse if I'd have kept her there any longer in those freezing conditions.

Did anyone go to Sunderland away in 2003 for a Tuesday night 1-0 win.
Guessing there were only around 300-400 Saints fans in attendance that night, must have been around minus 5 degrees with a biting wind coming off the North sea,
Arctic like.

My top 3, 1 Sunderland, 2 Reading, 3Wigan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024