Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away ticket Face ID 16:36 - Mar 16 with 2608 viewsUTS1885

Like other clubs, we look to be going down the route of random Face ID checks on away tickets.
Away ticket Face ID on 17:12 - Mar 16 with 2060 viewssaintwizzler

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have 2 Ipswich tickets for sale.
PM me.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Away ticket Face ID on 17:21 - Mar 16 with 2044 viewsPatfromPoole

Sauce?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Away ticket Face ID on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 1806 viewsUTS1885

So, all away fans would need to carry Face ID and they could randomly be checked outside the ground. Also another method being used is a set amount of fans would need to pick up their tickets with ID from say the away grounds ticket office or car park portakabin.
[Post edited 17 Mar 21:31]
Away ticket Face ID on 18:59 - Mar 17 with 1732 viewsPatfromPoole

Away ticket Face ID on 16:11 - Mar 17 by UTS1885

So, all away fans would need to carry Face ID and they could randomly be checked outside the ground. Also another method being used is a set amount of fans would need to pick up their tickets with ID from say the away grounds ticket office or car park portakabin.
[Post edited 17 Mar 21:31]

Can’t see it.

England, yes.

But that makes more sense from a public order and logistical sense.

Away ticket Face ID on 19:20 - Mar 17 with 1716 views1ASIN12

Away ticket Face ID on 18:59 - Mar 17 by PatfromPoole

Can’t see it.

England, yes.

But that makes more sense from a public order and logistical sense.

Nope nor me.

names are not printed on the away tickets so how would they check them.

Also in our group one person gets the tickets then just dishes them out when we get to the turnstiles so I doubt any of us actually sit in the seat which has our name linked , unless by chance.
Away ticket Face ID on 21:23 - Mar 17 with 1638 viewsUTS1885

I should have said names would be printed on tickets.
Away ticket Face ID on 22:00 - Mar 17 with 1599 viewshedgeend61

Away ticket Face ID on 21:23 - Mar 17 by UTS1885

I should have said names would be printed on tickets.

I think I get what you're getting at.
Going to England away you have to have show a driving license/photo id so only you can pick your own ticket, but for those tickets (generally around 2-3 thousand) you have the day before/day of the game to pick them up from a hotel.

Can you imagine 9000 scousers rocking up at Manchester today?, they'd still be dishing out the tickets now. Impossible to make that work.

In Italy they print names on tickets, not sure many others do, don't think they checked with ID when we were there with Saints, but they did for England in Naples last March and it was a right ballache getting in that night, need to allow a couple of hours otherwise could miss the start.
[Post edited 17 Mar 22:00]
Away ticket Face ID on 11:02 - Mar 18 with 1465 viewsUTS1885

I need to highlight again that this Face ID stuff has already been trialled at numerous other clubs in recent seasons.
Login to get fewer ads

Away ticket Face ID on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 1445 viewsPatfromPoole

Away ticket Face ID on 11:02 - Mar 18 by UTS1885

I need to highlight again that this Face ID stuff has already been trialled at numerous other clubs in recent seasons.

1. Who?

2. Are they still doing it or did they bin it off due to being unworkable?

Away ticket Face ID on 15:15 - Mar 18 with 1372 viewsUTS1885

Hello google for wanting to see others clubs that are doing it, here is Leicester fans take on it.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/131169-id-required-for-away-tickets/#comments
Away ticket Face ID on 16:08 - Mar 18 with 1349 viewsPatfromPoole

Away ticket Face ID on 15:15 - Mar 18 by UTS1885

Hello google for wanting to see others clubs that are doing it, here is Leicester fans take on it.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/131169-id-required-for-away-tickets/#comments

Hang on.

You start a thread with a fairly sensational heading, which would impact on anybody who watches Saints away.

I ask you for more info.

You direct me to Google.

This isn't the standard of insight for which this forum is rightly renowned.

Yellow card.

Away ticket Face ID on 14:13 - Mar 19 with 1203 viewsTimSaint

Sparta Prague away

We had to go to that hotel in the city centre to collect our tickets, once ID had been shown to confirm names.

Can't see something like that working here, even if it is from away ground ticket office or portacabin.

I'm trying to remember what the set up was for Inter Milan, but can only remember buying my ticket on the Saints website.

TimSaint

Away ticket Face ID on 16:37 - Mar 19 with 1159 viewsfranniesTache

Away ticket Face ID on 14:13 - Mar 19 by TimSaint

Sparta Prague away

We had to go to that hotel in the city centre to collect our tickets, once ID had been shown to confirm names.

Can't see something like that working here, even if it is from away ground ticket office or portacabin.

I'm trying to remember what the set up was for Inter Milan, but can only remember buying my ticket on the Saints website.

Inter Milan there was loads of talk of names on tickets and checks, the reality was no one gave two sh*ts.

Midtjylland you had to pick your tickets up and show ID, but that didn't make any difference to be honest, in fact we managed to sneak a couple of people into the away end who had tickets for the home end as the police didn't care.

Can't see it working for normal away games, all it takes is a delayed train or a crash on road and the whole thing's gone out the window, plus what happens if just one member in a group is picked to be checked?

I'll ask those that know about it next time i see them but it feels pretty unlikely to me, especially given how stupidly disorganised our ticket office is
Away ticket Face ID on 17:23 - Mar 19 with 1120 viewsWints76

United have got this system in place. A friend of mine is a United season ticket holder and missed out on tickets for an away but both his parents got them. His mum said he could have her ticket, but they got drawn out to have to collect tickets, so she had to go with them to collect tickets and went shopping whilst her husband and son went to the match. As it turns out, they would have been fine as the husband could have got them, but United weren't giving out that much info beforehand

I wonder if talk of this has come from the amount of FB/Twitter posts from people selling tickets immediately that they are on sale or offering out their ST numbers pre sale. Will happen a lot next season if people are looking to boost numbers ahead of Pompey away (maybe)
[Post edited 19 Mar 17:26]
Away ticket Face ID on 17:39 - Mar 19 with 1103 viewsPatfromPoole

Away ticket Face ID on 17:23 - Mar 19 by Wints76

United have got this system in place. A friend of mine is a United season ticket holder and missed out on tickets for an away but both his parents got them. His mum said he could have her ticket, but they got drawn out to have to collect tickets, so she had to go with them to collect tickets and went shopping whilst her husband and son went to the match. As it turns out, they would have been fine as the husband could have got them, but United weren't giving out that much info beforehand

I wonder if talk of this has come from the amount of FB/Twitter posts from people selling tickets immediately that they are on sale or offering out their ST numbers pre sale. Will happen a lot next season if people are looking to boost numbers ahead of Pompey away (maybe)

That’s mental.

As I think I have seen noted, I wasn’t there, so I missed Super Sekou’s dogged defensive work at Hull.

But I heard all about the carnage on the trains that day.

How the hell would fans have been able to get to a separate meeting point in time to collect tickets, presumably in a huge queue?

It’s a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

For United I can imagine they have many thousands for every away game who can’t get tickets, so arguably more of an issue.

Away ticket Face ID on 17:53 - Mar 19 with 1092 viewsUTS1885

Brighton another club that trialled this last season with a 10 game home match ban to anyone that passed on a ticket to someone else.
Away ticket Face ID on 19:24 - Mar 19 with 1046 viewsericofarabia

Away ticket Face ID on 17:23 - Mar 19 by Wints76

I have a couple of Man U STH's and can confirm they do this, and also have random spot checks at the actual seats! So say for example you are using a family members ST because they are ill, working or on holiday etc and you get spot checked in the ground, you will have to pay for that seat there and then, or get ejected and the STH could lose their ST. Also you don't get 'Grandfather Rights' to a family member ST if they pass away, or want to transfer it to a younger member in the family. This is for home games, but I guess they have similar restrictions on ID checks for away tkts.
I also have Newcastle STH friends and they choose a certain amount of tickets to be collected at the away ground and photo ID required.
[Post edited 19 Mar 20:32]
Away ticket Face ID on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 995 viewsUTS1885

Man United is a right mess, they want to force some season ticket holders to be at 17/19 games next season or they will lose their season tickets. Theyre also kicking out a load of ST fans out of an area to supposedly house youth players. But many think its another way to get more hospitality and thus make more money from tickets.
Away ticket Face ID on 22:15 - Mar 19 with 937 viewsSalisburySaint

Away ticket Face ID on 14:13 - Mar 19 by TimSaint

Sparta Prague away

Had something similar at Beer Sheva too, they said collect at ground, but a load of us managed to collect tickets from the hotel where the team and a few of us were staying

The Sparta pick up worked well, with it possible to pick up tickets all day before the game.

For Milan I think 7,000 fans was too many to organise something similar

Can’t see it working here with issues of fans travelling to the game on day of the match, abroad most fans travel over day before the game

But i do think the issue of fans buying tickets and putting them on sale again straight away needs to be addressed, this seems to be getting more common now. Already seeing people trying to flog Blackburn tickets. For this game supporters should snub them as it will be easy for any supporter to get tickets for Ewood Park.

Got no problem with people buying tickets for their mates though
[Post edited 20 Mar 7:13]
Away ticket Face ID on 23:51 - Mar 19 with 898 viewsPatfromPoole

Away ticket Face ID on 22:15 - Mar 19 by SalisburySaint

Had something similar at Beer Sheva too, they said collect at ground, but a load of us managed to collect tickets from the hotel where the team and a few of us were staying

The Sparta pick up worked well, with it possible to pick up tickets all day before the game.

For Milan I think 7,000 fans was too many to organise something similar

Can’t see it working here with issues of fans travelling to the game on day of the match, abroad most fans travel over day before the game

But i do think the issue of fans buying tickets and putting them on sale again straight away needs to be addressed, this seems to be getting more common now. Already seeing people trying to flog Blackburn tickets. For this game supporters should snub them as it will be easy for any supporter to get tickets for Ewood Park.

Got no problem with people buying tickets for their mates though
[Post edited 20 Mar 7:13]

My Beer Sheva ticket was given to me on matchday on the coach from Tel Aviv, I think.

For European away games where fans typically arrive the day before the game, this can be more easily accommodated.

But would be a nightmare over here.

I totally agree about people openly flogging tickets as soon as they have been put on sale. It shouldn’t happen, and some were doing it a profit for QPR away.

Away ticket Face ID on 06:56 - Mar 20 with 870 viewssaintwizzler

Away ticket Face ID on 23:51 - Mar 19 by PatfromPoole

My Beer Sheva ticket was given to me on matchday on the coach from Tel Aviv, I think.

For European away games where fans typically arrive the day before the game, this can be more easily accommodated.

But would be a nightmare over here.

I totally agree about people openly flogging tickets as soon as they have been put on sale. It shouldn’t happen, and some were doing it a profit for QPR away.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have 2 Cardiff tickets for sale.
All profit to charity.
DM me.

Away ticket Face ID on 11:47 - Mar 20 with 801 viewsfranniesTache

Away ticket Face ID on 06:56 - Mar 20 by saintwizzler

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have 2 Cardiff tickets for sale.
All profit to charity.
DM me.

I thought you'd binned off aways because our wacky inbetweeners lot did your head in so much it ruined the day?
Away ticket Face ID on 12:06 - Mar 20 with 792 viewsShirtNumbers

Ticket office couldn't organise a p1ssup in a brewery.

Watching them organise ID checks would be pure comedy.

And when they f*ck it up they will go and blame Royal Mail.
Away ticket Face ID on 12:13 - Mar 20 with 784 viewssaintwizzler

Away ticket Face ID on 11:47 - Mar 20 by franniesTache

I thought you'd binned off aways because our wacky inbetweeners lot did your head in so much it ruined the day?

Sent in error by the club.
I ordered the third kit shirt with ‘WE 8 SKATES’ on the back and they sent me 2 Cardiff tickets.

NO RETURNS!

Away ticket Face ID on 13:02 - Mar 20 with 750 viewsPatfromPoole

Imagine the scene.

We are playing Millwall away next season. It's a Wednesday evening game.

The club say that from 4pm on matchday, rather than enjoying a few beers at London Bridge, fans will have to turn up a venue somewhere in Lewisham about half a mile from the ground, with ID, to collect tickets from a ticket office assistant who has all the details on a laptop and is armed with hundreds of envelopes containing tickets.

This would solve our high away support "problem" at a stroke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024