Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great life football players lead 21:31 - Mar 23 with 2493 viewsSouthamptonfan

A day in the life of Ryan Manning.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/video/day-in-the-life-ryan-manning

- Massive house and garden
- A massive expensive car
- Free breakfast and free lunch every day
- A gorgeous dog
- An afternoon trip to a bar to play darts.
- Just a couple of hours playing football in the morning.

Not a bad job I would say for 50 grand a week.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a great life football players lead on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 483 viewsManhattan_Lynx

What a great life football players lead on 08:33 - Mar 26 by PatfromPoole

To the tune of the "Armando, he's from Albania" song.....

Ryan Manning
Ohhhh
Ryan Manning
Ohhhh
He’ll never win a race
But will never be a sex case

Not sure how anybody could now accuse me of being anti-Manning.

I was thinking more along the lines of the perenially dreadful 'he's one of our own' song:

He's not a ra-pist
He's not a ra-pist
Oh Ryan Manning
He's not a ra-pist

[obligatory] He hates Pompey, he hates Pompey etc...

Stick them both on the Manning song thread and listen out for them on Friday.
What a great life football players lead on 13:43 - Mar 26 with 411 viewsButty101

What a great life football players lead on 20:26 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

I havent read the article, because to be quite honest im not interested in seeing what he does with his money or what he does in his spare time.

"Manning is perceived as robbing a living "

Tell that to someone who has been robbed in the street or who has had his house burgled.

Funny how Manning a player who has been a regular in a team that is still in with a good chance of automatic promotion and is nailed on for a play off spot is robbing a living whereas his predecessor at left back who played in the second worst defence in the Premier League is now seen as the player who would have been the player who would meant we barely dropped a point let alone lost a game, although I cant remember many people praising him last season.

Do you think Manning rang up the PR dept and asked if they would like to pop round and make a video about him ? or do you think that he is contractually obliged to take part in promotional stuff for the web site ?

When I go to St Mary's I read the room, it says I am going to watch a load of overpaid players running around a football pitch, I assume they are all spending that money on expensive houses and cars.

This article seems to have shocked a few people who seem to think after the game the players get the bus home to their council houses.

I wonder what next crime Manning will commit.

There are plenty of players I don't rate, but I dont get personal about it, I don't carp on about Alex McCarthy who has played once this season and who is on a lot more than Manning

This post has been edited by an administrator

What a weird argument

Tell that to someone who has been robbed in the street or who has had his house burgled.

Im starting to think you have multiple logins on here. Taking threads off at tangents hmm 130 likes to do that. Writing paragraphs and paragraphs of absolute dribble .. That weird Referee chap.

Manning is clearly not fancied by the manager, why else would he try shoe horning Bree, KWP and Stephens into the left back position at various times. Had Bree not got injured maybe he would have made that position his own.

P.S. Ive been burgled and have a lovely letter from victim support to prove it. So i told it to myself and im cool.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What a great life football players lead on 15:14 - Mar 26 with 369 viewsManhattan_Lynx

He may be a weak link but he is not a serial burglar.  
What a great life football players lead on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 350 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 13:43 - Mar 26 by Butty101

What a weird argument

Im starting to think you have multiple logins on here. Taking threads off at tangents hmm 130 likes to do that. Writing paragraphs and paragraphs of absolute dribble .. That weird Referee chap.

Manning is clearly not fancied by the manager, why else would he try shoe horning Bree, KWP and Stephens into the left back position at various times. Had Bree not got injured maybe he would have made that position his own.

P.S. Ive been burgled and have a lovely letter from victim support to prove it. So i told it to myself and im cool.

What hurt the most a poor Ryan manning performance in an unbeaten run, or coming home to find your house burgled

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What a great life football players lead on 17:30 - Mar 26 with 296 viewssaint901

Football (and footballers) was for a long time perceived as the game of the people played in back alleys with a tin can by boys who had a bath once a week and were down the pit by the age of 12. This romantic vision was never true and the game was probably developed in the private schools before it became a version of the organised rules and leagues we see today.

Nonetheless those who want to hark back to the good old days and think that the game is still for the common man and can be played at the very top level by any kid with the talent and opportunity, regardless of social class, wake up and smell the coffee.

These days football is a huge money making business and like all businesses the assets are protected and looked after because without them these is no business.

Clubs at the top levels care little or nothing for the fans because aside from creating some atmosphere for the cameras' the income generated by them is no longer the lions share of incoming funds. Instead it's TV, player sales and competition winnings.

The average gate/catering/program sales per home game for Saints in 21/22 was £770k. Take out overheads for staff, stewards, contribution to policing, energy etc and they're left with circa £450k. That's £8.5m a season (in the PL). Not the cost of a workaday midfielder.

The game is no longer kids in hobnails in the back streets and never will be again.

So if I had an asset potentially worth £12m, £15m, more, would I care where he came from, what his parents did, whether he's kind to animals? No. Would I care if he earned what a decent Champ player does? No.

If you want to go back to watching two teams of limited skill kicking lumps out of each other on a ploughed field of a pitch but feel good because you know that they're all on minimum wage, turn left at 2024 and go back 100 years.

Don't though equate market salaries with loyalty to club or a player's worth in society in comparison to those we admire for their service. Entirely wrong.
What a great life football players lead on 20:39 - Mar 26 with 262 viewsButty101

What a great life football players lead on 15:55 - Mar 26 by SaintNick

What hurt the most a poor Ryan manning performance in an unbeaten run, or coming home to find your house burgled

Ryan Manning is a poor mans Dan Harding

What a great life football players lead on 21:20 - Mar 26 with 243 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 20:39 - Mar 26 by Butty101

Ryan Manning is a poor mans Dan Harding

And in turn Dan Harding was a poor man's Danny Fox

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What a great life football players lead on 11:38 - Mar 27 with 175 viewsButty101

What a great life football players lead on 21:20 - Mar 26 by SaintNick

And in turn Dan Harding was a poor man's Danny Fox

Manning is so bad ,that despite being the only leftback in a poor Republic of Ireland squad, he didnt get a single minute during the last two friendlies. In stead they tried left midfielders and rightbacks in his position.

He did however mop up at darts while away

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024