Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great life football players lead 21:31 - Mar 23 with 2497 viewsSouthamptonfan

A day in the life of Ryan Manning.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/video/day-in-the-life-ryan-manning

- Massive house and garden
- A massive expensive car
- Free breakfast and free lunch every day
- A gorgeous dog
- An afternoon trip to a bar to play darts.
- Just a couple of hours playing football in the morning.

Not a bad job I would say for 50 grand a week.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a great life football players lead on 21:40 - Mar 23 with 1986 viewsfelly1

You are dead right but Idon't reckon Mr Manning is on anywhere near 50k though.
What a great life football players lead on 21:41 - Mar 23 with 1981 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a great life football players lead on 21:40 - Mar 23 by felly1

You are dead right but Idon't reckon Mr Manning is on anywhere near 50k though.

That house must be expensive and his car is over 100 grand. He lives the high life that's for sure.
[Post edited 23 Mar 21:42]

What a great life football players lead on 21:44 - Mar 23 with 1969 viewsfelly1

What a great life football players lead on 21:41 - Mar 23 by Southamptonfan

That house must be expensive and his car is over 100 grand. He lives the high life that's for sure.

Best guess.. I'd say 15/20k. Plus a nice big fat signing on fee as he was a freebie.
What a great life football players lead on 22:27 - Mar 23 with 1928 viewsPatfromPoole

This club really are as thick as pigshit.

One of the worst players to play for the Club since the bad old days when we had Poortvliet and Wotte in charge.

And they show him living the high life.

Brainless.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What a great life football players lead on 22:58 - Mar 23 with 1894 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a great life football players lead on 22:27 - Mar 23 by PatfromPoole

One of the worst players to play for the Club since the bad old days when we had Poortvliet and Wotte in charge.

Brainless.

In the middle of a recession. I agree with your sentiments.

What a great life football players lead on 07:25 - Mar 24 with 1752 viewssaint22

Why are they giving him airtime
He has been a disgrace for 80% of our games
Darts league?! Ffs
Funny how our two crappest signings are best mates
What a great life football players lead on 09:40 - Mar 24 with 1664 viewssaintwizzler

Brainless.

You couldn’t make it up could you?
Sports Republic have come in, got us relegated, sold the few gems we had, bought in a crocked Centre Forward and are now gambling on us win a cup final to get promoted.

I do hope this gamble pays off or we could well be in strife.

Any way good luck to Manning the millionaire.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

What a great life football players lead on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 1618 viewsNYC_Saint

What a great life football players lead on 21:44 - Mar 23 by felly1

Best guess.. I'd say 15/20k. Plus a nice big fat signing on fee as he was a freebie.

Spot on according to this:

https://www.capology.com/player/ryan-manning-35230/

It's a very appealing lifestyle. I wonder if it ever becomes "just a job" and the fun/privilege of being able to play football for a (very good) living fades away? I'd just like to been that good at football that I could have played for saints - would have done it for free!
Login to get fewer ads

What a great life football players lead on 19:00 - Mar 24 with 1458 viewsPatfromPoole

What a great life football players lead on 11:34 - Mar 24 by NYC_Saint

It's a very appealing lifestyle. I wonder if it ever becomes "just a job" and the fun/privilege of being able to play football for a (very good) living fades away? I'd just like to been that good at football that I could have played for saints - would have done it for free!

Interesting website, that.

Not seen that one before.

Some very interesting numbers on there.

According to that, we are paying Adam Armstrong more than Boscombe are paying David Brooks 😳.

We are screwed if we don’t go up this season…..

What a great life football players lead on 20:27 - Mar 24 with 1386 viewskingslandstand1

What a great life football players lead on 21:41 - Mar 23 by Southamptonfan

And he'll have a helluva big mortgage no doubt as well .......................
What a great life football players lead on 00:52 - Mar 25 with 1250 viewsNYC_Saint

What a great life football players lead on 19:00 - Mar 24 by PatfromPoole

According to that, we are paying Adam Armstrong more than Boscombe are paying David Brooks 😳.

First site that came up when I was intrigued as to what we are paying him.

There's a lot of high earners that have contracts up soon but we do need to go back up and have a good clear out. But, as a lot of folks have said, it's been enjoyable winning a lot of games in the championship. I guess that will only last as long as the parachute payments do though...
What a great life football players lead on 06:40 - Mar 25 with 1203 viewsTripleNiemi

What a great life football players lead on 00:52 - Mar 25 by NYC_Saint

First site that came up when I was intrigued as to what we are paying him.

There's a lot of high earners that have contracts up soon but we do need to go back up and have a good clear out. But, as a lot of folks have said, it's been enjoyable winning a lot of games in the championship. I guess that will only last as long as the parachute payments do though...

Yep, the Championship has been fun and there is a direct correlation with winning more games than losing. Sadly we really do need promotion this year or else the better quality players will be off, either with them choosing to bail or the club needing to cash in.

If we don’t go up this year then watch the fun erode somewhat (and I am not personally fussed on a return to the PL but needs must sadly…)
[Post edited 25 Mar 6:42]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What a great life football players lead on 09:09 - Mar 25 with 1125 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 19:00 - Mar 24 by PatfromPoole

Websites like this are speculative, they take the players wage bill from the accounts and then try to work out which player would be paid what.

This says Manning is on £15k a week, I would suggest that he is on more than that, purely on the fact that he could have gone to literally any club in the division and earned more than £15 k

It could be that we are paying Adam Armstrong more than Brooks, we signed Armstrong from Blackburn where he had been the Championships top scorer the previous season and we were a Premier League Club.

Brooks was a lower profile signing and has had one season interupted by a long term injury and then cancer.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What a great life football players lead on 09:43 - Mar 25 with 1098 viewsSaintNick

Brainless.

Im not sure what you have against Manning, I can understand why you might not rate him as a player, but your hatred for him goes beyond that.

Can he be accused of not trying ? - No he puts in 100%, yes he has had a bad game or two, but so have all of our players at some point.

He was a major part of our unbeaten run, if he was really that bad then he would have been exposed more often.

He has started 26 games for Saints and 6 off the bench, he has done a job, he like the last two left backs for Saints before their return to the Premier League won't be good enough if we go up, Danny Fox & Dan Harding being the two used in our promotion season.

To say he is one of the worst players in the last 15 years is not based on fact, just in the 3 years after Wotte etc, the likes of Danny Butterfield, & Dan Harding were no better and then there were a plethora of players who did not play at the level that Manning has.

Ryan Dickson, Dany N Guessan, Danny Seabourne, Paul Wotton, Oscar Gobern, Jonathan Forte, Lloyd James, Aaron Martin, Jacob Mellis, Joseph Mills, Jon Otsmebor, Steve De Ridder, Lee Holmes, Tadanari Lee.

Thats 16 players who didn't achieve what Manning has and i havent included those that just played 1 or 2 games and didn't make it such as Ben Reeves, if I stretched it to those who were in that category then I would be up to about 30 players and that is just the first 3 years out of 15.

Just take last year and you could add James Bree, Caleta-Car, Salisu, Diallo, Djenepo, Elyounoussi, Bella-Kotchap,Lyanco, Onauchu, Orsic, Sulemana, Perraud even Theo Walcott thats another dozen or so.

I have no problem with you or anyone not rating a player, but lets base it on fact and not just trying to prove a point by throwing mud at a wall, some of whom I have named here are open to debate, but a lot of them are players who weren't much cop here and didn't do much elsewhere either.

If I could be bothered looking at the other 11 years not covered here, but if I did then Gaston Ramirez, Mayuka and Osvaldo could be added without even thinking about it.

I agree with you the club's pr is sh*te, but showing what a player does in his spare time is not worth frothing at the mouth over.

What a great life football players lead on 11:02 - Mar 25 with 1062 viewsPatfromPoole

What a great life football players lead on 09:43 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

Im not sure what you have against Manning, I can understand why you might not rate him as a player, but your hatred for him goes beyond that.

Can he be accused of not trying ? - No he puts in 100%, yes he has had a bad game or two, but so have all of our players at some point.

He was a major part of our unbeaten run, if he was really that bad then he would have been exposed more often.

He has started 26 games for Saints and 6 off the bench, he has done a job, he like the last two left backs for Saints before their return to the Premier League won't be good enough if we go up, Danny Fox & Dan Harding being the two used in our promotion season.

To say he is one of the worst players in the last 15 years is not based on fact, just in the 3 years after Wotte etc, the likes of Danny Butterfield, & Dan Harding were no better and then there were a plethora of players who did not play at the level that Manning has.

Ryan Dickson, Dany N Guessan, Danny Seabourne, Paul Wotton, Oscar Gobern, Jonathan Forte, Lloyd James, Aaron Martin, Jacob Mellis, Joseph Mills, Jon Otsmebor, Steve De Ridder, Lee Holmes, Tadanari Lee.

Thats 16 players who didn't achieve what Manning has and i havent included those that just played 1 or 2 games and didn't make it such as Ben Reeves, if I stretched it to those who were in that category then I would be up to about 30 players and that is just the first 3 years out of 15.

Just take last year and you could add James Bree, Caleta-Car, Salisu, Diallo, Djenepo, Elyounoussi, Bella-Kotchap,Lyanco, Onauchu, Orsic, Sulemana, Perraud even Theo Walcott thats another dozen or so.

I have no problem with you or anyone not rating a player, but lets base it on fact and not just trying to prove a point by throwing mud at a wall, some of whom I have named here are open to debate, but a lot of them are players who weren't much cop here and didn't do much elsewhere either.

If I could be bothered looking at the other 11 years not covered here, but if I did then Gaston Ramirez, Mayuka and Osvaldo could be added without even thinking about it.

I agree with you the club's pr is sh*te, but showing what a player does in his spare time is not worth frothing at the mouth over.

TBH Nick, I don't think he does give 100%.

You can make up for a lack of pace (as he has) with good positional play and fierce commitment, but he shows neither of these.

Huddersfield's first goal at our place was a classic example; turned his back on the shot rather than going all out to block it.

I don't hate Manning, I just confidently predict if he plays up at Portman Road, he will have his arsehole served on a plate to him by Omari Hutchinson, a skilful and pacey wide player, and Martin would be insane to play him in that game.

What a great life football players lead on 12:27 - Mar 25 with 1008 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 11:02 - Mar 25 by PatfromPoole

You can make up for a lack of pace (as he has) with good positional play and fierce commitment, but he shows neither of these.

Huddersfield's first goal at our place was a classic example; turned his back on the shot rather than going all out to block it.

I don't hate Manning, I just confidently predict if he plays up at Portman Road, he will have his arsehole served on a plate to him by Omari Hutchinson, a skilful and pacey wide player, and Martin would be insane to play him in that game.

That is a fair opinion and well explained, you make the points well rather than just declare that he is one of the worst players to have played for the club when clearly he isn't.

Hopefully Omari Hutchinson wont be tarting the game, he is usually on the bench, yes he is in a purple patch at the moment, with 5 goals in the last 9 games, but previous to that he wasn't serving up anyone on a plate with just 2 in the previous 27 games.

When we were on our unbeaten run Manning played a big part, the issue of late hasnt been Manning but the tinkering with the rest of the back four, if we play Bree then we have to adopt our playing style a little, I am not against this, but it should be noted that in the last month or so he has more oftent than not been played in a central role

What a great life football players lead on 13:18 - Mar 25 with 963 viewsButty101

What a great life football players lead on 12:27 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

That is a fair opinion and well explained, you make the points well rather than just declare that he is one of the worst players to have played for the club when clearly he isn't.

Hopefully Omari Hutchinson wont be tarting the game, he is usually on the bench, yes he is in a purple patch at the moment, with 5 goals in the last 9 games, but previous to that he wasn't serving up anyone on a plate with just 2 in the previous 27 games.

When we were on our unbeaten run Manning played a big part, the issue of late hasnt been Manning but the tinkering with the rest of the back four, if we play Bree then we have to adopt our playing style a little, I am not against this, but it should be noted that in the last month or so he has more oftent than not been played in a central role

You have completely missed the point of the thread Nick. As Pat said, the club should read the room. Southampton is a poor city, the country is in recession, theres a cost of living crisis and manning is perceived as robbing a living. So him, showing off a big house and a sports car that would take most southampton fc customers a life time to save for - is pretty poor taste.

Did you actually read the article Nick?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What a great life football players lead on 17:08 - Mar 25 with 892 viewskingolaf

What a great life football players lead on 11:02 - Mar 25 by PatfromPoole

Martin would be insane to play him in any game while Bree is fit.

Opposition sides directly target Manning. He has to be dropped.
What a great life football players lead on 18:34 - Mar 25 with 845 viewssaint22

What a great life football players lead on 11:34 - Mar 24 by NYC_Saint

and that said THB only earns 7500 a week in comparison, i assume City pay him too?
If not we are clearly misspending!
What a great life football players lead on 20:26 - Mar 25 with 802 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 13:18 - Mar 25 by Butty101

You have completely missed the point of the thread Nick. As Pat said, the club should read the room. Southampton is a poor city, the country is in recession, theres a cost of living crisis and manning is perceived as robbing a living. So him, showing off a big house and a sports car that would take most southampton fc customers a life time to save for - is pretty poor taste.

Did you actually read the article Nick?

I havent read the article, because to be quite honest im not interested in seeing what he does with his money or what he does in his spare time.

"Manning is perceived as robbing a living "

Tell that to someone who has been robbed in the street or who has had his house burgled.

Funny how Manning a player who has been a regular in a team that is still in with a good chance of automatic promotion and is nailed on for a play off spot is robbing a living whereas his predecessor at left back who played in the second worst defence in the Premier League is now seen as the player who would have been the player who would meant we barely dropped a point let alone lost a game, although I cant remember many people praising him last season.

Do you think Manning rang up the PR dept and asked if they would like to pop round and make a video about him ? or do you think that he is contractually obliged to take part in promotional stuff for the web site ?

When I go to St Mary's I read the room, it says I am going to watch a load of overpaid players running around a football pitch, I assume they are all spending that money on expensive houses and cars.

This article seems to have shocked a few people who seem to think after the game the players get the bus home to their council houses.

I wonder what next crime Manning will commit.

There are plenty of players I don't rate, but I dont get personal about it, I don't carp on about Alex McCarthy who has played once this season and who is on a lot more than Manning

This post has been edited by an administrator

What a great life football players lead on 20:47 - Mar 25 with 781 viewsSaintNick

For the purposes of research I watched the video, so what did it show us.

1. We never saw his house or Garden just the front door and his Dog, the Dog clearly doesnt watch Saints games as he would have surely bitten him on sight, so we can only assume that it is a Pompey supporting pooch, that is just so typical of Manning, robbing a living and buying a Pompey pup.

2. He seemed to have a Range Rover, I know a lot of people who aren't footballers who drive Range Rovers.

3. Free food from the Club and i expect he uses a foodbank as well

4.As mentioned his Dog is clearly a Pompey fan,

5, The Darts thing was painful to watch, it clearly wasn't his usual afternoon past time, but isn't Sharkey's the place that Saints are in partnership with, it was clearly a bit of promotion for Sharkey's, it is good the club recognise he isn't earning his wages on the field and so he should do extra work to at least make up a bit of the slack.

7. Yes football isn't bad, only a couple of hours a day playing football, plus you don't have to go out to 3am the night before the game, walk home from town and then trot out on some park in Millbrook at 10 am on a Sunday morning as us mere mortals used to have to do

I don't think even the man who hates Manning the most, Pat from Poole thinks he is on £50 k a week, indeed I think Pat suggested that he was only on £15 k in another threat, if that is the case then he is probably good value for money compared to most in the squad.

Next episode Stuart Armstrong shows us round his council flat in Weston and takes us on the number 17 bus, before busking in the precinct and giving all his money to charity.

What a great life football players lead on 21:56 - Mar 25 with 744 viewsPatfromPoole

What a great life football players lead on 20:47 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

For the purposes of research I watched the video, so what did it show us.

1. We never saw his house or Garden just the front door and his Dog, the Dog clearly doesnt watch Saints games as he would have surely bitten him on sight, so we can only assume that it is a Pompey supporting pooch, that is just so typical of Manning, robbing a living and buying a Pompey pup.

2. He seemed to have a Range Rover, I know a lot of people who aren't footballers who drive Range Rovers.

3. Free food from the Club and i expect he uses a foodbank as well

4.As mentioned his Dog is clearly a Pompey fan,

5, The Darts thing was painful to watch, it clearly wasn't his usual afternoon past time, but isn't Sharkey's the place that Saints are in partnership with, it was clearly a bit of promotion for Sharkey's, it is good the club recognise he isn't earning his wages on the field and so he should do extra work to at least make up a bit of the slack.

7. Yes football isn't bad, only a couple of hours a day playing football, plus you don't have to go out to 3am the night before the game, walk home from town and then trot out on some park in Millbrook at 10 am on a Sunday morning as us mere mortals used to have to do

I don't think even the man who hates Manning the most, Pat from Poole thinks he is on £50 k a week, indeed I think Pat suggested that he was only on £15 k in another threat, if that is the case then he is probably good value for money compared to most in the squad.

Next episode Stuart Armstrong shows us round his council flat in Weston and takes us on the number 17 bus, before busking in the precinct and giving all his money to charity.

I have praised Manning on this site before.

Sparingly, admittedly.

The Capology site puts him as being on £15k a week, by no means excessive relative to most of the rest of the squad.

He probably got a very decent signing-on fee, as most free transfer players would get.

In what is overall a decent side, he stands out as a weak link. It’s just how it is.

What a great life football players lead on 22:00 - Mar 25 with 738 viewsSaintNick

What a great life football players lead on 21:56 - Mar 25 by PatfromPoole

I have praised Manning on this site before.

Sparingly, admittedly.

The Capology site puts him as being on £15k a week, by no means excessive relative to most of the rest of the squad.

He probably got a very decent signing-on fee, as most free transfer players would get.

In what is overall a decent side, he stands out as a weak link. It’s just how it is.

He may be a weak link but he is not a serial rapist, is my point

What a great life football players lead on 06:41 - Mar 26 with 609 viewsManhattan_Lynx

What a great life football players lead on 22:00 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

He may be a weak link but he is not a serial rapist, is my point

Think I missed the debate on the latter point, but there's a song in there somewhere.

Anyway, I think we can all agree, he's no Dani Alves.
What a great life football players lead on 08:33 - Mar 26 with 570 viewsPatfromPoole

What a great life football players lead on 06:41 - Mar 26 by Manhattan_Lynx

Think I missed the debate on the latter point, but there's a song in there somewhere.

Anyway, I think we can all agree, he's no Dani Alves.

To the tune of the "Armando, he's from Albania" song.....

Ryan Manning
Ohhhh
Ryan Manning
Ohhhh
He’ll never win a race
But will never be a sex case

Not sure how anybody could now accuse me of being anti-Manning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024