Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam and Joe on the way home 10:58 - Apr 7 with 1356 viewsButty101

Worth a listen to yesterdays episode. Nick will pleased as Jo Tessem basically blamed Captain Jack for everything that went wrong yesterday. I think actually it’s down to the manager, as he’s telling Stephens to play as inverted fullback and it disrupts the whole team

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Adam and Joe on the way home on 11:20 - Apr 7 with 1308 viewsFlamingbankers

It's not Jack's fault he's a good servant for Saints but Martin's playing him out of position whilst shoe-horning him into the team. Tessem actually said as much and he's being very honest and he's right. I'm going blue in the face; but round pegs for round holes. That's the main reason why we've lost our way and Martin won't accept it when it's the simplest but best option. Tessem also talked about Stephens wrecking other positions because they don't know what to do to fill the gaps apparently Rothwell moved to left back to fill a gap yesterday - that's bonkers. Again it's not Stephens fault because he's assigned by Martin to do this. Stephens is a centre half full stop.
Adam and Joe on the way home on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 918 viewsMrangry25

Adam and Joe on the way home on 11:20 - Apr 7 by Flamingbankers

It's not Jack's fault he's a good servant for Saints but Martin's playing him out of position whilst shoe-horning him into the team. Tessem actually said as much and he's being very honest and he's right. I'm going blue in the face; but round pegs for round holes. That's the main reason why we've lost our way and Martin won't accept it when it's the simplest but best option. Tessem also talked about Stephens wrecking other positions because they don't know what to do to fill the gaps apparently Rothwell moved to left back to fill a gap yesterday - that's bonkers. Again it's not Stephens fault because he's assigned by Martin to do this. Stephens is a centre half full stop.

And not a very good Center Half either
Adam and Joe on the way home on 10:33 - Apr 8 with 867 viewsSaintNick

Im not pleased, I would rather be speaking about a clinical performance in which we got 3 points, as anyone who watched the game will tell you, Jack spent most of it in the cente of midfield, now we pass the ball backwards in the midfield, instead of playing it to our wide men or forwards.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Adam and Joe on the way home on 16:46 - Apr 8 with 765 viewssaint901

WTF is an "inverted full back"?
Adam and Joe on the way home on 17:07 - Apr 8 with 745 viewsPatfromPoole

Adam and Joe on the way home on 16:46 - Apr 8 by saint901

Plays wide when we have the ball.

Tucks in when we don’t.

Leaves load of space for oppo full-backs to attack us.

I don’t like it at all, but it seems to be very de rigueur, if you will…..
[Post edited 8 Apr 17:08]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Adam and Joe on the way home on 18:35 - Apr 8 with 684 viewsButty101

Adam and Joe on the way home on 16:46 - Apr 8 by saint901

It’s some rubbish that pep or clippers Klopp made up. Our players are not good to play fluid football Als the Dutch team of the 70S. Had we had an allerdace or warnock managing us we would have gone up. But then we would of had 30% possession lol

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Adam and Joe on the way home on 18:39 - Apr 8 with 678 viewsIfonly

Adam and Joe on the way home on 17:07 - Apr 8 by PatfromPoole

Plays wide when we have the ball.

Tucks in when we don’t.

Leaves load of space for oppo full-backs to attack us.

I don’t like it at all, but it seems to be very de rigueur, if you will…..
[Post edited 8 Apr 17:08]

Actually, what is usually meant by inverted full back is the opposite: tuck in when we have the ball. This is a decent explanation:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/inverted-full-backs-guardiola-cancelo-trent-alex

But I agree with you, RM likes his full backs tucked in when we are defending (leading to goals conceded like the first one at Ipswich for example).

From the linked article:

"The biggest disadvantage to using inverted full-backs is that it requires incredibly versatile players who can defend in wide areas, but then manage the ball and play like a central midfielder. It’s not very common for players to be so well versed in both of these particular roles."

.......unless you have Super Jack in your side of course.
Adam and Joe on the way home on 19:02 - Apr 8 with 660 viewssledger

it also demands pacy full backs to get back into position,we have snails city have walker,not rocket science is it
Login to get fewer ads

Adam and Joe on the way home on 20:42 - Apr 8 with 582 viewsGRIM

RM like lots of other so called coaches are trying to reinvent a very simple game.
Since when have teams won anything playing without full backs, which is exactly what RM is trying to do.
It's CRAZY.
Get back to basics RM or get out.
Adam and Joe on the way home on 22:47 - Apr 8 with 514 viewssledger

Adam and Joe on the way home on 20:42 - Apr 8 by GRIM

RM like lots of other so called coaches are trying to reinvent a very simple game.
Since when have teams won anything playing without full backs, which is exactly what RM is trying to do.
It's CRAZY.

my thoughts entirely
Adam and Joe on the way home on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 343 viewsJoeEgg

Can we send a manual on how to use 'inverted fullbacks' to Brighton football Club? And quickly please!
Adam and Joe on the way home on 12:04 - Apr 9 with 312 viewsPaleRider

Adam and Joe on the way home on 20:42 - Apr 8 by GRIM

It's CRAZY.

So many managers think they are far more intelligent than they really are. Mind you, compared to the majority of players, supporters.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024