Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal 10:21 - Apr 14 with 2359 viewsSaintNick

One thing that surprised me yesterday or in some respects didn't surprise me was the number of people who stormed out when Watford equalised.

I was surprised as one thing we know this season is that this team scores a lot of late goals, so just because they equalised didn't mean the game was lost, especially as there were still probably 10 minutes left given 5 mins of normal time plus injury time, why would you leave when the season is at a crucial stage and the game is still there to be won ?

I wasn't surprised because people were leaving before the equaliser, up by me and indeed other parts of the ground, people seem to leave with 10 mins left whatever the state of play on the field.

Again I don't get this people have paid good money to see 90 minutes of football, why leave early, if you go to see a film, you don't leave 10 minutes from the end before you know how it is going to end.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 19:06 - Apr 14 with 730 viewsSouthamptonfan

All the fans were here for this.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 21:36 - Apr 14 with 660 views1teeminants

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 17:21 - Apr 14 by PatfromPoole

If only they had made as much noise during the game.

Support was shite in there yesterday. As it has been so often, it pains me to say.

I agree with you. I notice you are always singing Pat, I am too but many around me are just not interested.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 21:52 - Apr 14 with 641 viewscocklebreath

Do youngsters think they’re too cool to sing?
Why do old grannies sit/stand in Northam?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 22:07 - Apr 14 with 622 viewsSalisburySaint

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:23 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

I agree some people do have genuine reasons for leaving early, but lets not make excuses, yesterday wasn't about traffic or trains, it was about people storming out, I would say about 10,000 people had gone by the time the game went into injury time, by the time the ball went into the net even more had gone.

Yes people pay their money and have their choice, but why pay £30-40 for a ticket and then leave early, a game of football is about a result, I can understand why people leave early if the game is dead, if that was Watford's 4th goal and we were two down the game is finished, but yesterday there was still a lot to play for.

I had to get back early yesterday, the benefit for me was that the usual slow crawl over the railway footbridge was a brisk stroll and the Millbrook Road was no busier than on a weekday afternoon

I think if you watch fans videos you’ll see there was nowhere near 10,000 fans that had left b4 the end, but several thousand had left, which I like you cannot understand when it’s a game on a Saturday with 3pm kick off

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1307752700182164
[Post edited 14 Apr 22:08]
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 23:17 - Apr 14 with 550 viewsfranniesTache

I missed all of the goals as I was at a friends 40th in Brighton. Absolutely gutted before the game I was missing it, even more at the end
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 23:22 - Apr 14 with 545 viewsSFC_Referee

Thankfully not, although I will admit that I was probably more worried about them scoring than thinking we’d be the ones to nick it at the end

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 445 viewsPatfromPoole

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 21:52 - Apr 14 by cocklebreath

Do youngsters think they’re too cool to sing?
Why do old grannies sit/stand in Northam?

Interesting points.

Re the first one, some youngsters do sing, but a lot don't.

Having sadly recently begun my 6th decade of existence, I often think I am too old to be singing about Stuart Armstrong having fine hair and Joe Aribo being indestructible.

But then I'm not into Tik Tok or Snapchat, which a lot of these nippers seem to be a bit obsessed by.

In my youth, the most interesting non-TV content was on Teletext. Which wasn't very interesting at all.

The times have changed, but not for the better sadly.

Still, at least we have good wi-fi in the ground......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 411 viewskingslandstand1

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 23:22 - Apr 14 by SFC_Referee

Thankfully not, although I will admit that I was probably more worried about them scoring than thinking we’d be the ones to nick it at the end

Snap!
Login to get fewer ads

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:07 - Apr 15 with 401 viewsfranniesTache

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:38 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

Interesting points.

Having sadly recently begun my 6th decade of existence, I often think I am too old to be singing about Stuart Armstrong having fine hair and Joe Aribo being indestructible.

But then I'm not into Tik Tok or Snapchat, which a lot of these nippers seem to be a bit obsessed by.

In my youth, the most interesting non-TV content was on Teletext. Which wasn't very interesting at all.

The thing i notice the most is that the nippers don't seem to react to what's going on on the pitch anymore, instead it just seems to be singing for the sake of singing (or for social media).

For example we spent most of a season singing that god awful Follow song about a player who was injured, and now the dins in the Northam spend all their time singing the equally sh*t ole ole song about a player who's a sub and is roundly w*nk when he does actually get on the pitch.

There's very little spontaneous songs, humour or just general backing of the team, which is one of the reason i tend to not bother joining in with most of it
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:14 - Apr 15 with 384 viewsPatfromPoole

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:07 - Apr 15 by franniesTache

The thing i notice the most is that the nippers don't seem to react to what's going on on the pitch anymore, instead it just seems to be singing for the sake of singing (or for social media).

For example we spent most of a season singing that god awful Follow song about a player who was injured, and now the dins in the Northam spend all their time singing the equally sh*t ole ole song about a player who's a sub and is roundly w*nk when he does actually get on the pitch.

There's very little spontaneous songs, humour or just general backing of the team, which is one of the reason i tend to not bother joining in with most of it

Cov at home almost had me leaving early again.

Cov fans were singing "Wembley Ole Ole Ole..." in reference to their upcoming semi-final.

Our idiots start singing "Sekou Ole Ole Ole..." to try and match / outsing them.

Soon after this, Brighton Buddha brings Super Sekou on.

I am convinced this was because he thought our fans actually wanted him on the pitch.

Super Sekou then proceeded to be even more shite than usual in his little cameo.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:24 - Apr 15 with 370 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:07 - Apr 15 by franniesTache

Started in the family corner at Saturdays this season, but we've ended up on the halfway line in the Kingsland, about halfway up. I quite enjoy listening to the old guys around me moaning and it's preferable to watching the twerpy generation on their phones all thinking their 'banter' is top class.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:57 - Apr 15 with 335 viewsIfonly

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 11:38 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

Interesting points.

So you're 50? Not too old for singing then. I've recently turned 60 so I'm starting on the 7th decade of my existence. Pretty soon I'll be forgetting whole decades have gone by.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 14:56 - Apr 15 with 314 viewsSaintNick

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 13:14 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

Cov at home almost had me leaving early again.

Cov fans were singing "Wembley Ole Ole Ole..." in reference to their upcoming semi-final.

Our idiots start singing "Sekou Ole Ole Ole..." to try and match / outsing them.

Soon after this, Brighton Buddha brings Super Sekou on.

I am convinced this was because he thought our fans actually wanted him on the pitch.

Super Sekou then proceeded to be even more shite than usual in his little cameo.

Sadly I think your theory would not hold up in court.

It will thrown out as soon as Captain Jack takes the stand, stone cold not guilty verdict to the charge that the manager listens to the fans

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:00 - Apr 15 with 311 viewssaints__fan__73

A lot of leaving early would be stopped if it was easier to get out of the stadium when the whistle blows. This can take a good 20 mins if waiting as opposed to 20 secs if you leave a minute before the whistle.

This is all due to some of idiot fans thinking it is their duty to clap the highly paid club employees as the trudge around the pitch clapping the idiot fans (while wishing they could just go back to the dressing room).

Can this not be banned?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:09 - Apr 15 with 307 viewsSaintNick

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:00 - Apr 15 by saints__fan__73

A lot of leaving early would be stopped if it was easier to get out of the stadium when the whistle blows. This can take a good 20 mins if waiting as opposed to 20 secs if you leave a minute before the whistle.

This is all due to some of idiot fans thinking it is their duty to clap the highly paid club employees as the trudge around the pitch clapping the idiot fans (while wishing they could just go back to the dressing room).

Can this not be banned?

I do agree with you this, but the main reasons are (at least in the Kingsland)

1, Those that sit in the first 7/8 rows insist on heading up to the exit behind them, rather than the ones at pitch level, thus jamming things up even more

2. There is always a steward sometimes two stood in the said exits thus blocking it further.

But it isn't about getting out, right next to the exit in the final minutes there are always empty seats, these people dont need to leave early, they can be up and out within a few seconds, personally when the injury time is in the final couple of minutes i go down the aisle find an empty seat by the exit and watch from there and im straight out

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:11 - Apr 15 with 304 viewsfranniesTache

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:00 - Apr 15 by saints__fan__73

Can this not be banned?

But without jazz hands how do we know if our manager is passionate?
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:36 - Apr 15 with 284 viewsMrangry25

Left with 2 minutes to go as have to get my dad down the steps as he is 86 just got outside the ground and heard the commotion.
Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:55 - Apr 15 with 264 viewsSaintNick

Own Up Who Stormed Out & Missed The Goal on 15:36 - Apr 15 by Mrangry25

Left with 2 minutes to go as have to get my dad down the steps as he is 86 just got outside the ground and heard the commotion.

Thats a perfectly acceptable reason,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024