Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict 10:20 - Apr 17 with 687 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict 17th Apr 2024 10:15
There was a big shock for Saints supporters when the teams came in, Jack Stephens wasn't in the starting line up, but that would not be the last shock of the day as Preston were despatched in fine style. 9

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 635 viewsButty101

Just the sort of game we needed - Preston hopefully will be back from their hols when they play our rivals.

Shame about Baz's injury but he needed taking out of the firing line. Hopefully McCarthy can step up. I think that was our strongest lineup - maybe bring Bree in for the Leicester game to make us more solid at the back.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 626 viewsSaintNick

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 10:39 - Apr 17 by Butty101

Just the sort of game we needed - Preston hopefully will be back from their hols when they play our rivals.

Shame about Baz's injury but he needed taking out of the firing line. Hopefully McCarthy can step up. I think that was our strongest lineup - maybe bring Bree in for the Leicester game to make us more solid at the back.

I wouldnt disagree with that, Im not a great fan of McCarthy but he is an experienced keeper and the Championship isn't the Premier League, with Manning, yes I wouldnt disagree we need to go a little more defensive in that one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 482 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 10:42 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

I wouldnt disagree with that, Im not a great fan of McCarthy but he is an experienced keeper and the Championship isn't the Premier League, with Manning, yes I wouldnt disagree we need to go a little more defensive in that one

I always thought McCarthy was terrible but even he isn't as bad as Bazunu and doesn't do this tippy tappy stuff in front of his goal to create goals for the opposition, although he is equally afraid of getting hit by the ball.

[Post edited 17 Apr 12:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 12:39 - Apr 17 with 417 viewsPatfromPoole

McCarthy is a bit taller than Bazunu, which is a help for a starter.

I had visions of penalties in the play-offs and Bazunu not saving a single one. He doesn't fill up much of the goal and I think leaves a big target for the penalty taker.

Cue Nick putting up a link of Bazunu saving a penalty for Ireland from Ronaldo.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton V Preston North End The Verdict on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 290 viewssledger

we did what we had to last night but i wouldnt read to much into it they were deciding where to go on holiday,cue second half where we are avoiding injuries and they are happy to only lose 3-0,bigger tests await
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024