Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja 22:18 - May 7 with 4671 viewsSaintNick

Seems he is accepting he is never going to get in the team at Chelsea and is going to leave in the summer, he has barely played for Fulham during his loan spell.

His value has dropped a little over the past couple of years perhaps if we get promoted we could be in for him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja on 15:11 - May 9 with 1128 viewsTimSaint

Broja on 14:50 - May 8 by SaintNick

Im sorry but I dont think RH threw Broja under the bus, in the second half of the season he always had a striker up there with him, usually Che Adams.

Im surprised that you say Che Adams has done little, he has hit 15 League goals only 8 players in the Championship have hit more and 3 of them have hit only 1 more.

Yes there are times when he should have scored and didn't but overall I think he has done a decent job.

He really did. Search back and find examples. RH was a troubled man and well into the start of his demise.
He must have been really desperate to blame and 5th choice 19 year old loanee striker for our lack of goals in specific games and for the awful run we had at the end of that season.

Che is a supposed Prem Striker. He has dropped down a division, so should really be top of the class. He didn't even hit the heights he achieved with Birmingham City at this level (22 goals in his last season), that prompted us to buy him. As I said in another thread, he has underachieved and really should have scored 7-10 more goals than this season's tally. Maybe as he is in the last year of his contract has affected him ? However and rather embarrassingly, this is the first time he has hit double figures in league goals for us - at the 5th time of asking !!

Broja was just a young unheard of when we signed him on loan, as a 5th choice striker.

TimSaint

Broja on 15:14 - May 9 with 1128 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 14:56 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

And exactly how many took him from Chelsea for that price? As there’s a reason why there wasn’t any major transfer battles for him, which makes senses if that really was the price that he was put out as. And is exactly why he’s had minimal goals, playing time or interest ever since, as he’s just not as good as many make out, which the basic stats prove.

So I would suggest looking at the stance other teams have taken around Broja, before blindly looking at just one teams, who have been quite famed recently for being appalling in their recent transfer business. As it’s no coincidence that nobody has paid or put forward any significant fees for him, as he’s not been that good anywhere he’s been.

If you think Che Adams is better than Armando Broja, I would suggest you have been watching too many cartoons.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Broja on 15:18 - May 9 with 1121 viewsTimSaint

Broja on 01:03 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

Well I sure hope we don’t, as he’s gotta be by far one of the most overrated players we’ve had in years!

I am not saying we should sign him, but he wasn't overrated when he was with us.

We signed him on loan as an unknown 19 year old Chelsea Youth striker and as 5th choice in our front line.

He was only supposed to get the odd bit of game time, but with injuries to other forwards and his performances from the bench, he got his reward.

We made him into the player he became, hence why Chelsea wanted top money for him (£50m allegedly). Then he had that awful injury and has, like many other players, struggled a bit since.

He wasn't rated at all when he came to us, so he definitely could not be one of the most overrated players we've had in years.

TimSaint

Broja on 15:51 - May 9 with 1057 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 15:14 - May 9 by PatfromPoole

If you think Che Adams is better than Armando Broja, I would suggest you have been watching too many cartoons.

And if you think that for that season Broja was better than Che, then I’d suggest you start looking at facts rather than whatever it is that’s going on in your head.
As Che had more goals, assists and higher goals or assists per minute ratios than Broja did, yet one many were disappointed with the other everyone acted like was our new Ings.

As that’s not to say that Che was some world class striker or anywhere near Ings’s level, but for that season individually, he was better than Broja and the stats prove it from every aspect. Yet the fact that yourself and many all seem to think that Broja was great that season really is baffling. As the stats prove otherwise, and that’s something you can’t argue with
[Post edited 9 May 15:57]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Broja on 15:55 - May 9 with 1046 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 15:18 - May 9 by TimSaint

I am not saying we should sign him, but he wasn't overrated when he was with us.

We signed him on loan as an unknown 19 year old Chelsea Youth striker and as 5th choice in our front line.

He was only supposed to get the odd bit of game time, but with injuries to other forwards and his performances from the bench, he got his reward.

We made him into the player he became, hence why Chelsea wanted top money for him (£50m allegedly). Then he had that awful injury and has, like many other players, struggled a bit since.

He wasn't rated at all when he came to us, so he definitely could not be one of the most overrated players we've had in years.

Yeah I will agree that he had potential and could’ve been one for the future, but the fact is that we’ve also seen that from many players we’ve had over the years here, but I don’t think many have had as much attention or praise as he got that season. As people were acting like he was Ings’s level, and was a perfect replacement for him, which is just complete nonsense.
And Chelsea putting up a price tag for £50m only proves even more how overrated he was, as he was worth like half that at max, after the season he had with us, yet the fact that they expected teams to pay double says it all. But either way the fact that no teams did come in for him and how poor he’s been ever since going also proves that he really just wasn’t as good as many made him out to be

Broja on 16:03 - May 9 with 1047 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 15:55 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

Yeah I will agree that he had potential and could’ve been one for the future, but the fact is that we’ve also seen that from many players we’ve had over the years here, but I don’t think many have had as much attention or praise as he got that season. As people were acting like he was Ings’s level, and was a perfect replacement for him, which is just complete nonsense.
And Chelsea putting up a price tag for £50m only proves even more how overrated he was, as he was worth like half that at max, after the season he had with us, yet the fact that they expected teams to pay double says it all. But either way the fact that no teams did come in for him and how poor he’s been ever since going also proves that he really just wasn’t as good as many made him out to be

Don’t let an ACL injury get in the way of an incoherent ramble.

Broja on 16:18 - May 9 with 1034 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 16:03 - May 9 by PatfromPoole

Don’t let an ACL injury get in the way of an incoherent ramble.

Don’t need to as the facts prove it all, which is something that you can try and get around, but even you can’t deny. Still the fact your trying to, just shows of just how overrated he was and proves my points even more…

Broja on 16:41 - May 9 with 1015 viewsButty101

Broja on 16:18 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

Don’t need to as the facts prove it all, which is something that you can try and get around, but even you can’t deny. Still the fact your trying to, just shows of just how overrated he was and proves my points even more…

What facts are they?

Come the Summer, Adams and Broja will move on. Which one will end up at the bigger club? Clue it wont be Adams
[Post edited 9 May 16:42]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Broja on 17:27 - May 9 with 972 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 16:41 - May 9 by Butty101

What facts are they?

Come the Summer, Adams and Broja will move on. Which one will end up at the bigger club? Clue it wont be Adams
[Post edited 9 May 16:42]

Their goals, assists, average ratings or goals/assists per game all showed Che was better outta the two of them all season.

And anyway when did I talk about the future or potential? As I think you’ll find I was on about that season, not next, and even then if Che goes to Wolves (which is where he’s rumoured to be heading) whilst Broja joins one of the promoted sides, then I think your clue may be a tad off there

Broja on 22:05 - May 9 with 881 viewshedgeend61

Broja on 08:06 - May 9 by kingslandstand1

I'm sure they play to his strengths then, unlike RM

I vaguely remember Russ saying in the Daily Echo he had more chance of winning the EuroMillions jackpot 2 weeks on the spin and seeing the Loch Ness Monster swimming down the Solent, than finding Tall Pauls strengths.
If anyone could give us a clue what they are?, that would be well handy, please tell.

Twenty Million pounds , and not a snowballs chance of getting a penny back.
Broja on 22:38 - May 9 with 857 viewsfelly1

All water under the bridge now.
What next a debate on the merits of Wesley Hoet.. No!!!
My two pennies worth.. We were a a pretty crappy side Ingsless and Ralph started looking lost.. The press was gone.
Broja started featuring about a third of the way through the season and he was frankly sensational.. Wow what a player he was, 12 games and a load of points on the board and he played a massive part in this upturn with a run of goals.
Top 10 finish was being spoken about.
Bang.. Complete collapse.. Villa I think, the rest of the season was an endless succession of defeats and Broja very much lost his Mojo.
Season saved by a Forster masterclass in a dogged(lucky) win at home to Arsenal.

I'll always have fond memories of Armando.
We live to see if he can find that level again.
Broja on 23:00 - May 9 with 830 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 22:38 - May 9 by felly1

All water under the bridge now.
What next a debate on the merits of Wesley Hoet.. No!!!
My two pennies worth.. We were a a pretty crappy side Ingsless and Ralph started looking lost.. The press was gone.
Broja started featuring about a third of the way through the season and he was frankly sensational.. Wow what a player he was, 12 games and a load of points on the board and he played a massive part in this upturn with a run of goals.
Top 10 finish was being spoken about.
Bang.. Complete collapse.. Villa I think, the rest of the season was an endless succession of defeats and Broja very much lost his Mojo.
Season saved by a Forster masterclass in a dogged(lucky) win at home to Arsenal.

I'll always have fond memories of Armando.
We live to see if he can find that level again.

Some sense at last.

When he was on his game, he bordered on unplayable. And that was against the best teams in the League.

Nick often states that other teams worked him out, but he was too good for that. We stopped playing to his strengths.

And as for Broja not being able to head a ball (another of Nick’s comments on him), it’s pretty much par for the course nowadays. It’s an art which is largely lost to the game. He should observe Mara’s attempts to head the ball, they are laughable.

Drivel spouted on this thread by the usual suspect about goals and assists.

As they say, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

Broja on 07:50 - May 10 with 729 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 23:00 - May 9 by PatfromPoole

Some sense at last.

When he was on his game, he bordered on unplayable. And that was against the best teams in the League.

Nick often states that other teams worked him out, but he was too good for that. We stopped playing to his strengths.

And as for Broja not being able to head a ball (another of Nick’s comments on him), it’s pretty much par for the course nowadays. It’s an art which is largely lost to the game. He should observe Mara’s attempts to head the ball, they are laughable.

Drivel spouted on this thread by the usual suspect about goals and assists.

As they say, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

I find it very interesting that some will glorify someone who spent a short time playing for us and then left without a second thought, indeed didn't actually do that much in the grand scheme of things.

Yet honest players who play for us now are vilified, ridiculed and mocked despite giving a lot more commitment than Broja ever did.

Broja only stopped scoring because we stopped playing to his strengths, perhaps we havent been playing to Mara's strengths, who knows.

If we all put more effort into supporting the players we have instead of those that stayed for a short time and left, perhaps some of those players would play better, just a thought

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja on 08:54 - May 10 with 692 viewsButty101

Broja on 17:27 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

Their goals, assists, average ratings or goals/assists per game all showed Che was better outta the two of them all season.

And anyway when did I talk about the future or potential? As I think you’ll find I was on about that season, not next, and even then if Che goes to Wolves (which is where he’s rumoured to be heading) whilst Broja joins one of the promoted sides, then I think your clue may be a tad off there

I hope your refereeing, is better than your ability to construct a serious argument online. I cant decipher that gibberish.

Broja on 09:04 - May 10 with 680 viewsButty101

Broja on 07:50 - May 10 by SaintNick

I find it very interesting that some will glorify someone who spent a short time playing for us and then left without a second thought, indeed didn't actually do that much in the grand scheme of things.

Yet honest players who play for us now are vilified, ridiculed and mocked despite giving a lot more commitment than Broja ever did.

Broja only stopped scoring because we stopped playing to his strengths, perhaps we havent been playing to Mara's strengths, who knows.

If we all put more effort into supporting the players we have instead of those that stayed for a short time and left, perhaps some of those players would play better, just a thought

With out his goals we were relegated that season. If you don't believe me go back and check. You always said we would easily replace his measly 6 goals ! Turns out we wouldnt

Honest players who play for us are vilified.... The fact is you vilify Jack Stephens even when he dosent play. As for honest players, like Stephens they only stay because they are not good enough to get to that next level.

2 seasons in and i dont think anyone knows what Maras strengths are. Cool hair maybe? Great set of over large headphones?

Broja on 10:04 - May 10 with 635 viewsPatfromPoole

When you say perhaps we haven't been playing to Mara's strengths, could you advise as to what these are?

I would suggest Jack Stephens is an honest player BTW, so you might want to consider some of your critique of him over the last couple of months.

Broja on 10:06 - May 10 with 634 viewsPatfromPoole

Apologies, I appear to have inadvertently completely copied Butty's points.

Broja on 10:39 - May 10 with 605 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick does spout some shite. 'left without a second thought'. He was a loan player lol.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broja on 11:24 - May 10 with 571 viewsButty101

Broja on 10:39 - May 10 by saints__fan__73

Nick does spout some shite. 'left without a second thought'. He was a loan player lol.

Nick playing devils advocate badly since 1991

Broja on 11:44 - May 10 with 551 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 08:54 - May 10 by Butty101

I hope your refereeing, is better than your ability to construct a serious argument online. I cant decipher that gibberish.

Well if you don’t know what a total amount of goals are or a players average goals per game then I do think you may wanna be heading back to school to retake your maths tests, as this ain’t exactly that advanced…

And well it’s usually the facts that are backed by evidence which are the serious arguments, not just the waffle you guys have spouting out, but still it’s quite amusing that you’ve tried arguing with the facts

Broja on 13:12 - May 10 with 509 viewsButty101

Broja on 11:44 - May 10 by SFC_Referee

Well if you don’t know what a total amount of goals are or a players average goals per game then I do think you may wanna be heading back to school to retake your maths tests, as this ain’t exactly that advanced…

And well it’s usually the facts that are backed by evidence which are the serious arguments, not just the waffle you guys have spouting out, but still it’s quite amusing that you’ve tried arguing with the facts

i presented you with the facts - you just choose to ignore them. Typical ref hey with a big old blind spot.

Broja on 13:56 - May 10 with 490 viewsfelly1

Classic Nick bait... Who's going to have a nibble 😁
Broja on 14:19 - May 10 with 478 viewsgrumpy

Broja on 22:05 - May 9 by hedgeend61

I vaguely remember Russ saying in the Daily Echo he had more chance of winning the EuroMillions jackpot 2 weeks on the spin and seeing the Loch Ness Monster swimming down the Solent, than finding Tall Pauls strengths.
If anyone could give us a clue what they are?, that would be well handy, please tell.

Twenty Million pounds , and not a snowballs chance of getting a penny back.

What a jolly little chap you are.😂
Broja on 15:11 - May 10 with 443 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 13:12 - May 10 by Butty101

i presented you with the facts - you just choose to ignore them. Typical ref hey with a big old blind spot.

And what facts are they!? 😂
As you’ve just gone on about how bad our strikers were since, which is rather down to poor recruitment and shows how poor everything’s been since then, rather than how “good” broja was.

Whilst you and paul are the ones that were saying he was better than Che that season yet the stats have proven otherwise, yet you can’t seem to except this somehow. So just the usual stubborn fan that can’t except facts when it’s against their opinions
[Post edited 10 May 15:13]

Broja on 15:25 - May 10 with 419 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 15:11 - May 10 by SFC_Referee

And what facts are they!? 😂
As you’ve just gone on about how bad our strikers were since, which is rather down to poor recruitment and shows how poor everything’s been since then, rather than how “good” broja was.

Whilst you and paul are the ones that were saying he was better than Che that season yet the stats have proven otherwise, yet you can’t seem to except this somehow. So just the usual stubborn fan that can’t except facts when it’s against their opinions
[Post edited 10 May 15:13]

Accept, yes?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024