Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton 10:00 - May 14 with 2439 viewsSaintsNews

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton 14th May 2024 09:55
Ex Saints player Adam Lallana will leave Brighton at the end of the season, but he does not want to retire from playing just yet, so could a return to St Mary's be on the cards for the man who was once a legend to Southampton supporters. 12

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 10:12 - May 14 with 2180 viewsgrumpy

No! Lets move forward not look backwards.
We don't need another Walcott scenario.
Lallana is 36.
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 10:35 - May 14 with 2125 viewsPatfromPoole

I thought he was originally from St. Albans, not Boscombe.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 11:10 - May 14 with 2080 viewsSaintNick

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 10:35 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

Born in St Albans but moved to Bournemouth when he was 5

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 11:17 - May 14 with 2062 viewsNumber_58

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 10:35 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

Yes, when he left he put a full page message in the St Albans Junior School end of term newspaper.
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:19 - May 14 with 1906 viewsarfurdent

fook no!

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:22 - May 14 with 1883 viewskingslandstand1

Depends on whether he puts a Saints shirt on before the clubs/him agree a deal ...........

(but as said below, let's move forwards not backwards)
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 15:41 - May 14 with 1788 viewsSFC_Referee

No, as he had the chance to come back just before he went off to Brighton, yet from what I heard he picked Brighton over us. And that was a few years back we he was better and had more left in him, but for how old he is now and how little he’ll have left, he’s certainly not someone I’d wanna see back here.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 17:39 - May 14 with 1707 viewsUTS1885

No we got the best years out of him and we need to buy the NEXT Lallana.

Esp with his Cortese behaviour.
[Post edited 14 May 19:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 18:39 - May 14 with 1656 viewsTripleNiemi

Believe he is ‘Scouse’ not English based on his love affair…..
[Post edited 14 May 18:41]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 19:24 - May 14 with 1620 viewsChesham_Saint

Time heals. I’d have him back if he’s up to it.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 12:42 - May 27 with 1266 viewsSFC_Referee

Even more coming out today that this could actually be happening, especially with him being next to Le Tiss at the game yesterday

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 12:57 - May 27 with 1214 viewsCity_boy

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 12:42 - May 27 by SFC_Referee

Even more coming out today that this could actually be happening, especially with him being next to Le Tiss at the game yesterday

Yep, article in Telegraph just published that we are in talks.

This a repeat of the Walcott deal. I know we weren't keen on signing more kids, but Lallana is 36 !!
[Post edited 27 May 12:58]
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:10 - May 27 with 1190 viewssaintmark1976

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 12:57 - May 27 by City_boy

Yep, article in Telegraph just published that we are in talks.

This a repeat of the Walcott deal. I know we weren't keen on signing more kids, but Lallana is 36 !!
[Post edited 27 May 12:58]

What possible benefit is there for us in signing an aged injury prone has been like Lallana ?
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:31 - May 27 with 1146 views1885_SFC

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:10 - May 27 by saintmark1976

What possible benefit is there for us in signing an aged injury prone has been like Lallana ?

None. Surely the club realise that by now?

Old School is Cool

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:42 - May 27 with 1121 viewsTripleNiemi

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:31 - May 27 by 1885_SFC

None. Surely the club realise that by now?

Was I too inebriated in thinking when the screen panned to Matty up in the stand that Lallana was in there too??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:45 - May 27 with 1115 viewsCity_boy

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 13:42 - May 27 by TripleNiemi

Was I too inebriated in thinking when the screen panned to Matty up in the stand that Lallana was in there too??

The answer is probably 'yes' to both. 'Yes' you were probably inebriated and 'yes' Lallana was there as well !
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 15:25 - May 27 with 997 viewsSonicBoom

He never managed 90 minutes for us when he was in his early 20's. He wasn't a regular starter at Liverpool, and he didn't get much game time at Brighton.
Hes 36.
Exactly what would we expect him to contribute next season?
As a coach perhaps, but I can't see any use as a player. His time has passed.
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 15:49 - May 27 with 955 viewsRon11

Nivea dull moment for Lallana.
I'd rather have Rickie Lambert back, even if he is fifteen stone.
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 16:59 - May 27 with 877 viewsUTS1885

Actually being a club guest yesterday and wearing the tie, i would says its a done deal.

I dont see the point
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 18:10 - May 27 with 804 viewssaint22

This is classic saints
On the back of yesterday’s brilliant performance and result, instead of grasping this and progressing and looking to sign players to turn us into a force we are looking to bring back a crock?? Why?!
Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 20:25 - May 27 with 654 viewsdirk_doone

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 15:25 - May 27 by SonicBoom

He never managed 90 minutes for us when he was in his early 20's. He wasn't a regular starter at Liverpool, and he didn't get much game time at Brighton.
Hes 36.
Exactly what would we expect him to contribute next season?
As a coach perhaps, but I can't see any use as a player. His time has passed.

As a general rule, let's not write players off too soon. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, they have a lot of players in their 30s, like Modric (38), Rüdiger (31), Alaba (31), Carvajal (32), Courtois (32), Joselu (34) and Kroos (34).

There may be other issues, like injuries, which might not make Lallana a good signing but there is certainly great value to be had in signing players in their 30s if our main aim is to stay up next season. I'd be very happy if we signed 3 or 4 players in that age group, especially a goalkeeper, central defender and striker. Players in their 30s often come on free transfers whereas youngsters usually command big transfer fees. Our most successful years under McMenemy were built on a transfer policy of signing star players towards the end of their careers. He found that was a way we could compete with the top clubs.
[Post edited 27 May 20:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 20:44 - May 27 with 603 viewsyateleysaint

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 20:25 - May 27 by dirk_doone

As a general rule, let's not write players off too soon. If you look at top teams like Real Madrid, they have a lot of players in their 30s, like Modric (38), Rüdiger (31), Alaba (31), Carvajal (32), Courtois (32), Joselu (34) and Kroos (34).

There may be other issues, like injuries, which might not make Lallana a good signing but there is certainly great value to be had in signing players in their 30s if our main aim is to stay up next season. I'd be very happy if we signed 3 or 4 players in that age group, especially a goalkeeper, central defender and striker. Players in their 30s often come on free transfers whereas youngsters usually command big transfer fees. Our most successful years under McMenemy were built on a transfer policy of signing star players towards the end of their careers. He found that was a way we could compete with the top clubs.
[Post edited 27 May 20:36]

I understand the objections but I think we could use his experience.

I wasn’t overly pleased when we signed Fraser on loan but he was a really useful addition.

Walcott would have been alright if we hadn’t been so reliant on him when the whole team was struggling badly.

If Lallana can still contribute then maybe it’s not such a bad idea. I’m going back a bit but Jimmy Case was old too and played in a more combative position.

I saw him (Lallana not case FFS!) playing for BHA recently and he didn’t look off the pace.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 22:45 - May 27 with 503 viewsLondonSaint76

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 20:44 - May 27 by yateleysaint

I understand the objections but I think we could use his experience.

I wasn’t overly pleased when we signed Fraser on loan but he was a really useful addition.

Walcott would have been alright if we hadn’t been so reliant on him when the whole team was struggling badly.

If Lallana can still contribute then maybe it’s not such a bad idea. I’m going back a bit but Jimmy Case was old too and played in a more combative position.

I saw him (Lallana not case FFS!) playing for BHA recently and he didn’t look off the pace.

Agreed, I don’t think it would be a disaster either, I know the Walcott return was a bit underwhelming to say the least, that doesn't mean this needs to go the same way - as you say, he's looked fine in recent BHA performances.
Just to cheer some of you up, seen two separate reports linking Danny Ings with a return to SFC next season - mind you, one of those was on Hammers News so probably just wishful thinking on their part

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 23:11 - May 27 with 467 viewsHeisenberg

No to Lallana JWP and Ings. We need to move forward not sign players who left or are past it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 23:44 - May 27 with 439 viewssaint22

Could Adam Lallana Make A Surprise Return To Southampton on 23:11 - May 27 by Heisenberg

No to Lallana JWP and Ings. We need to move forward not sign players who left or are past it.

This 1000%
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024