Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? 18:27 - May 14 with 2482 viewshedgeend61

Been listing to stacks of Tottenham fans on the radio hoping they lose tonight to Man City as by winning/drawing they'll probably gift Arsenal PL.

I agree with them.

If Saints had a game, where if we won or drew, it would make Pompey win Premier League (bit far fetched I know), I'd hope we throw the game like the majority of Spurs fans do tonight.

We haven't got any fans daft enough who would want us to win the game have we ?
[Post edited 14 May 18:36]
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 19:30 - May 14 with 2049 viewsChesham_Saint

Yup. In a heart beat. Imagine this, the skates essentially go bust if they don’t win a game they’ll go down and go bust. I could easily stomach a 1-0 defeat….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 19:41 - May 14 with 2030 views1ASIN12

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 19:30 - May 14 by Chesham_Saint

Yup. In a heart beat. Imagine this, the skates essentially go bust if they don’t win a game they’ll go down and go bust. I could easily stomach a 1-0 defeat….

Yep same here as long as it did not affect us.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:11 - May 14 with 1990 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

We really enjoyed losing to West Brom in 2005 on the last game of the season

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:27 - May 14 with 1975 viewsButty101

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 19:41 - May 14 by 1ASIN12

Yep same here as long as it did not affect us.

Yeah same as

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:37 - May 14 with 1952 viewskingslandstand1

The thing is, if Spuds win tonight they are in with a reasonable chance of Champs League next season, however it's not guaranteed so I'd be in their shoes and accept defeat with a smile (they wouldn't get past first round anyway)
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:42 - May 14 with 1938 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Also agreed, would be happy to take the bullet if it meant denying the Sk8’s a trophy or rubber stamped their relegation if our opponents were also in the mix but safe if they won.
Must be a strange atmosphere there tonight if a majority of the Spurs fans are really wanting City to win.
On the same topic, this makes me smile
https://www.givemesport.com/what-is-st-totteringhams-day-and-when-is-it-this-yea
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:44 - May 14 with 1936 viewshedgeend61

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:11 - May 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We really enjoyed losing to West Brom in 2005 on the last game of the season

Fair play to you, though you did make it a bit obvious with those 11 non triers that day, hope we'd have the same attitude if the roles were reversed.

All in vain really as you didn't relegate us, Man Utd took care of that.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 11:37 - May 15 with 1667 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:44 - May 14 by hedgeend61

Fair play to you, though you did make it a bit obvious with those 11 non triers that day, hope we'd have the same attitude if the roles were reversed.

All in vain really as you didn't relegate us, Man Utd took care of that.

We held up our end of the bargain, you lost obvsiously bottled it, what were the possesion stats?

More surprisingly was the fact that almost 400 fans were missing from your biggest game of the season, and for 27 years. Shocking really.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 11:39 - May 15 with 1663 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 11:37 - May 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We held up our end of the bargain, you lost obvsiously bottled it, what were the possesion stats?

More surprisingly was the fact that almost 400 fans were missing from your biggest game of the season, and for 27 years. Shocking really.

Bit early to be drinking bleach isn't it?
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:03 - May 15 with 1640 viewsdarthvader

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 11:39 - May 15 by franniesTache

Bit early to be drinking bleach isn't it?

Its skate oclock somewhere

keep the faith coyr

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:25 - May 15 with 1612 viewsarfurdent

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:27 - May 14 by Butty101

Yeah same as

seconded

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:29 - May 15 with 1602 viewsPatfromPoole

I remember in the Hoddle days that we sent Wimbledon down, which I thought was quite a sad end to a great story.

And given that it probably then led to the MK Dons fiasco, we may have played an inadvertent part in a rather tawdry episode in football history.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:18 - May 15 with 1555 viewsWints76

Not quite the same, but I remember a game at home to Oldham where the general concensus pre match was, if lost, Branfoot may go. Didn't want us to lose, and I cheered Ruchard Hall's winner as much as anyone, but it was certainly discussed.

Can understand the Spurs fans feelings, and I wanted them to win last night as I am bored of the monopoly that City have
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:37 - May 15 with 1537 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:18 - May 15 by Wints76

Not quite the same, but I remember a game at home to Oldham where the general concensus pre match was, if lost, Branfoot may go. Didn't want us to lose, and I cheered Ruchard Hall's winner as much as anyone, but it was certainly discussed.

Can understand the Spurs fans feelings, and I wanted them to win last night as I am bored of the monopoly that City have

Postecoglou’s hissy fit is typical of people in football who have never been a true supporter of a team in their life.

They can’t relate to the seemingly irrational mindset of despising the concept of your most hated rivals winning the League.

They generally have no clue, players or managers, as they are totally immune to our thinking.

Ironically enough, I wonder if Levy had a word in his ear about it. Levy was probably dreading the reaction of Spurs fans if Arsenal were to win the Prem, and as a Spurs fan it would have properly smarted.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:52 - May 15 with 1524 viewsSaintNick

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:37 - May 15 by PatfromPoole

Postecoglou’s hissy fit is typical of people in football who have never been a true supporter of a team in their life.

They can’t relate to the seemingly irrational mindset of despising the concept of your most hated rivals winning the League.

They generally have no clue, players or managers, as they are totally immune to our thinking.

Ironically enough, I wonder if Levy had a word in his ear about it. Levy was probably dreading the reaction of Spurs fans if Arsenal were to win the Prem, and as a Spurs fan it would have properly smarted.

I totally agree with your first paragraph, many people in football these days have grown up in a cocoon, shielded from the real world as they grew up in football club academies from an early age.

However you would have thought that Postecoglou having managed Celtic for two years might have gained some insight having been involved with a few Old Firm games.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 16:08 - May 15 with 1411 viewsSFC_Referee

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:18 - May 15 by Wints76

Dunno why your board of City dominating the prem, as I like it, as it’s giving all the Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U fans etc… a feeling of what it’s been like to support any other team for the last few decades. As for any fans outside the “top 6” it’s been dull and boring for ages now, so it’s actually quite satisfying seeing all those other teams get a feeling for it all

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 18:42 - May 15 with 1339 viewsWints76

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 16:08 - May 15 by SFC_Referee

Dunno why your board of City dominating the prem, as I like it, as it’s giving all the Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U fans etc… a feeling of what it’s been like to support any other team for the last few decades. As for any fans outside the “top 6” it’s been dull and boring for ages now, so it’s actually quite satisfying seeing all those other teams get a feeling for it all

I am bored of it because it is boring. Regarding fans of United, Liverpool etc, I don't class those people who live round here and never go as fans. The same type of people will be supporting City soon, if not already, so no difference.

Even when Liverpool were dominant in the 70s and 80s, there were still teams running them close and even other sides winning. City winning 4 in a row is unprecedented in England.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:13 - May 15 with 1283 viewshedgeend61

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 18:42 - May 15 by Wints76

I am bored of it because it is boring. Regarding fans of United, Liverpool etc, I don't class those people who live round here and never go as fans. The same type of people will be supporting City soon, if not already, so no difference.

Even when Liverpool were dominant in the 70s and 80s, there were still teams running them close and even other sides winning. City winning 4 in a row is unprecedented in England.

Make you right, it is pretty boring, the final table pretty much resembles total wage bills apart from Man Utd who are a shambles.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-wage-bill-ranking-2023

May still end in tears for Man City facing 100 odd+ charges (hopefully), now no one can spend any decent money to even compete anymore due to ffp, it could get even more boring.

Fans from round here claiming to be fans of these bigger clubs who never go are irrelevant timewasters, often heard talking absolute pony on radio phone in's.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:37 - May 15 with 1251 viewshedgeend61

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 11:37 - May 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/sorry-ange-different-class-portsmouth-f

Was it just the Pompey women's section just showing their affection for the Baggies?

‘Let them score’ and ‘play up Baggies’ rang out from the away end, as West Brom stuttered in edgy fashion.
Spurs fans may have wanted to lose, but weren't that embarrassing

'More surprisingly was the fact that almost 400 fans were missing from your biggest game of the season, and for 27 years. Shocking really.'

32,066, maybe segregation?, happens at most grounds.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 21:46 - May 15 with 1188 viewskingslandstand1

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 20:13 - May 15 by hedgeend61

Make you right, it is pretty boring, the final table pretty much resembles total wage bills apart from Man Utd who are a shambles.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-wage-bill-ranking-2023

May still end in tears for Man City facing 100 odd+ charges (hopefully), now no one can spend any decent money to even compete anymore due to ffp, it could get even more boring.

Fans from round here claiming to be fans of these bigger clubs who never go are irrelevant timewasters, often heard talking absolute pony on radio phone in's.

You say ending in tears for City, the bottom line is that they are carrying on as normal as if there is nothing to worry about and continually winning (dominating) English football (which is boring!).

They will probably have better lawyers than the powers that be who have pressed these charges, so will no doubt get away with the so called irregularities, and the record books will show them winning an unprecedented 4 on the trot and the players are still earning those zillions which they won't have to give back even f by some remote chance the charges are proven!
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 22:19 - May 15 with 1157 viewshedgeend61

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 21:46 - May 15 by kingslandstand1

You say ending in tears for City, the bottom line is that they are carrying on as normal as if there is nothing to worry about and continually winning (dominating) English football (which is boring!).

They will probably have better lawyers than the powers that be who have pressed these charges, so will no doubt get away with the so called irregularities, and the record books will show them winning an unprecedented 4 on the trot and the players are still earning those zillions which they won't have to give back even f by some remote chance the charges are proven!

You're probably right, they can afford the best lawyers, Everton and Forest can't afford such luxuries and get point deductions immediately.
Lets hope they throw the book at them, what's the chances of someone being up before the beak facing 100 od charges and being innocent of them all?

What makes me laugh about the Abu Dhabi boys is they could win the Premier League and Champions League for the next 10 years on the spin and they'd still never ever be the biggest club in their own City.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 09:51 - May 16 with 1052 viewsChesham_Saint

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 22:19 - May 15 by hedgeend61

You're probably right, they can afford the best lawyers, Everton and Forest can't afford such luxuries and get point deductions immediately.
Lets hope they throw the book at them, what's the chances of someone being up before the beak facing 100 od charges and being innocent of them all?

What makes me laugh about the Abu Dhabi boys is they could win the Premier League and Champions League for the next 10 years on the spin and they'd still never ever be the biggest club in their own City.

I thought City were always the biggest club in Manchester itself? In any event, if they did win all of those trophies in the next ten years, they might well become bigger than man u. People are so fickle and the "we" of the plastics would soon start to fade like cheap plastic seats in the summer sun...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 23:06 - May 18 with 842 viewsluffy22

As good as it would be to win at Wembley, And I still remember how good it was to win the tin of paint trophy,

I think I would not mind if we lost next week, I would much rather another season of winning and being a big team, than yet another year of being the whipping boys. So yeah, I’m going to enjoy my time at the final, however win or lose I will go home happy.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:40 - May 22 with 587 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I thought you lot were bored of the Prem, and therefore won’t mind losing at the weekend.

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 14:27 - May 22 with 521 viewsButty101

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:40 - May 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I thought you lot were bored of the Prem, and therefore won’t mind losing at the weekend.

I see half term has started...

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024