Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trains Next Sunday 19:18 - May 18 with 5046 viewsBLEEDRED

The trains to London are always s**t on Sunday, with 1000's going to travel by train what are the chances of a couple of Football Specials being put on???
Trains Next Sunday on 08:30 - May 22 with 1707 viewscocklebreath

Never got the train to Wembley on match day before, do the trains get too full to let people on? If I’m getting on at bstoke

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Trains Next Sunday on 08:37 - May 22 with 1687 viewsPatfromPoole

Trains Next Sunday on 08:30 - May 22 by cocklebreath

Never got the train to Wembley on match day before, do the trains get too full to let people on? If I’m getting on at bstoke

I kid you not.

For the JPT Final in 2010, I got the first train from Poole at about 6.30am.

It was full by New Milton.

It then got so mentally full that it didn’t even stop at Southampton Central or Parkway, leaving thousands on both platforms.

This is why I am going up on Saturday.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Trains Next Sunday on 08:42 - May 22 with 1676 viewscocklebreath

Trains Next Sunday on 08:37 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

I kid you not.

It then got so mentally full that it didn’t even stop at Southampton Central or Parkway, leaving thousands on both platforms.

Bollox I suppose I have the option of going via reading

Trains Next Sunday on 08:48 - May 22 with 1672 viewsPatfromPoole

Trains Next Sunday on 08:42 - May 22 by cocklebreath

That would be sensible, I’d say.

Trains Next Sunday on 08:55 - May 22 with 1663 viewsSaintNick

Trains Next Sunday on 08:48 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

That would be sensible, I’d say.

It seems there are extra trains being laid on, the first one out of Southampton is now 7.51 am instead of 8.25 and extras being put on leading up to midday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Trains Next Sunday on 09:55 - May 22 with 1607 viewsfranniesTache

Reading to Paddington is the best route to be honest, you can get the bakerloo from paddington to wembley central from there if you want to go straight to the ground, or you can have a few beers around paddington which has much better pubs
Trains Next Sunday on 10:01 - May 22 with 1601 viewscocklebreath

Trains Next Sunday on 09:55 - May 22 by franniesTache

Reading to Paddington is the best route to be honest, you can get the bakerloo from paddington to wembley central from there if you want to go straight to the ground, or you can have a few beers around paddington which has much better pubs

Cheers for info, I’ll go that way then

Trains Next Sunday on 14:31 - May 23 with 1367 viewsTimSaint

We went from B/stoke for the JPT. All trains were absolutely heaving coming out of Southampton and a couple of guys we knew who were trying to get on at Parkway couldn't get on 2 trains, so decided to drive up to B/stoke and go via Reading. We also took the Basingstoke - Reading - Paddington route and it was fine.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Trains Next Sunday on 14:34 - May 23 with 1365 viewsTimSaint

Trains Next Sunday on 08:37 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

I kid you not.

I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere near Wembley on Saturday evening, as it will be full of red and blue Mancs, down for the FA Cup final.

TimSaint

Trains Next Sunday on 14:55 - May 23 with 1349 viewsfranniesTache

Trains Next Sunday on 14:31 - May 23 by TimSaint

We went from B/stoke for the JPT. All trains were absolutely heaving coming out of Southampton and a couple of guys we knew who were trying to get on at Parkway couldn't get on 2 trains, so decided to drive up to B/stoke and go via Reading. We also took the Basingstoke - Reading - Paddington route and it was fine.

if you're doing that route again then i can highly recommend maida vale/little venice for pubs, we're planning on drinking round windsor avenue tube which is only a few stops down from wembley and has some superb pubs (including a couple that are in listed buildings)
Trains Next Sunday on 16:10 - May 23 with 1275 viewsBLEEDRED

It looks like SWR are already saying expect delays on Sunday and warning trains will be very crowded (what a surprise)
Trains Next Sunday on 16:23 - May 23 with 1261 viewsPatfromPoole

Trains Next Sunday on 14:34 - May 23 by TimSaint

I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere near Wembley on Saturday evening, as it will be full of red and blue Mancs, down for the FA Cup final.

Aiming to get to London on Saturday in time to watch the Cup Final in a bar, but yeah, staying nowhere near Wembley.

Not least as it’s horrendously expensive anywhere near there this weekend…..

Trains Next Sunday on 16:37 - May 23 with 1234 viewsfranniesTache

Trains Next Sunday on 16:23 - May 23 by PatfromPoole

Aiming to get to London on Saturday in time to watch the Cup Final in a bar, but yeah, staying nowhere near Wembley.

Not least as it’s horrendously expensive anywhere near there this weekend…..

And brent is a sh*thole (some good curry houses mind)
Trains Next Sunday on 16:51 - May 23 with 1209 viewscocklebreath

Trains Next Sunday on 16:37 - May 23 by franniesTache

And brent is a sh*thole (some good curry houses mind)

I can 2nd that what a dump.

Trains Next Sunday on 16:58 - May 23 with 1196 viewssaint22

Trains Next Sunday on 14:55 - May 23 by franniesTache

if you're doing that route again then i can highly recommend maida vale/little venice for pubs, we're planning on drinking round windsor avenue tube which is only a few stops down from wembley and has some superb pubs (including a couple that are in listed buildings)

agreed The Clifton in Maida Vale is a fine little boozer tucked away behind some rather nice houses
Reading to Paddington is the best route by far linked to Bakerloo Line on arrival for a far easier journey

Warwick Avenue I think Frannies means btw
Trains Next Sunday on 17:02 - May 23 with 1192 viewsfranniesTache

Trains Next Sunday on 16:58 - May 23 by saint22

agreed The Clifton in Maida Vale is a fine little boozer tucked away behind some rather nice houses
Reading to Paddington is the best route by far linked to Bakerloo Line on arrival for a far easier journey

Warwick Avenue I think Frannies means btw

Warwick avenue you're right, was multi tasking and wrote the wrong word. Clifton is great, as is the prince albert, warwick arms and Warrington hotel.

Doubt they'll be heaving too as Leeds will drink round kings x, plus they'll be cheaper than the god awful £10 pint served in plastic glasses round wembley.
Trains Next Sunday on 19:21 - May 23 with 1079 viewscocklebreath

Train coming from Salisbury through Basingstoke 8.10am that shouldn’t be full? Goes through Andover and Whitchurch so probably a few saints but not a train full?

Trains Next Sunday on 22:29 - May 23 with 957 viewsSalisburySaint

Trains Next Sunday on 19:21 - May 23 by cocklebreath

Train coming from Salisbury through Basingstoke 8.10am that shouldn’t be full? Goes through Andover and Whitchurch so probably a few saints but not a train full?

Remember first train for JPT final was full when we left Andover.

But you’ve certainly got more chance getting on train from Salisbury than one from Southampton
Trains Next Sunday on 23:42 - May 23 with 921 viewscocklebreath

Trains Next Sunday on 22:29 - May 23 by SalisburySaint

Remember first train for JPT final was full when we left Andover.

But you’ve certainly got more chance getting on train from Salisbury than one from Southampton

Ffs too many Saints. I’m gonna get a ticket to Wembley via any route try the Salisbury train and if that fails jump on the Reading train

Trains Next Sunday on 23:47 - May 23 with 918 viewssaint22

Trains Next Sunday on 17:02 - May 23 by franniesTache

Warwick avenue you're right, was multi tasking and wrote the wrong word. Clifton is great, as is the prince albert, warwick arms and Warrington hotel.

Doubt they'll be heaving too as Leeds will drink round kings x, plus they'll be cheaper than the god awful £10 pint served in plastic glasses round wembley.

The Warwick is a good shout nicely tucked away, the Warrington was always very good but not as it used to be and the Albert is great too

Just avoid that god awful boozer on baker street that seems to attract all and sundry on match days, never understood why? Hideous pub, hideous part of town, hideous people drinking in it
Trains Next Sunday on 18:57 - May 24 with 684 viewsBLEEDRED

Apparently it does not matter what train you are booked on Sunday, everyone will have to queue, and the trains will be packed then sent on its way then the next one filled up repeat all morning!!
GET THERE EARLY!!!
Trains Next Sunday on 08:37 - May 25 with 542 viewsSouthSeaSaint

It should be noted too that there are two big cruise ships in on Sunday and a fair proportion of the passengers will be heading for Southampton Central with loads of luggage.
I bet they wont be expecting loads of Saints fans vying for space.
Trains Next Sunday on 09:49 - May 26 with 344 viewsBridders2

We're on the train from Dorchester, a smattering of saints fans, Nice comfy seat, sun is shining, what could be better? Train back from Waterloo will be a different story!!!
COYS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024