Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal 20:50 - Nov 22 with 1337 viewsSaintNick

It certainly wasnt England in 1966 we didn't make it legal till after that, Germany didn't repeal its law banning it till 1994,

Just saying, whilst Quatar's record is appalling, there have been World Cups played in most of our lifetimes where the country hosting it has not legalised gay relationships

People in glass houses etc, although of course most of the countries involved tended to turn a blind eye and it should be remembered that in the UK you would be drummed out of the armed services if you were open about your sexual orientation

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 12:25 - Nov 23 with 1115 viewsfranniesTache

In my lifetime?

Spain 82 (one of the first things post franco was the removal of laws making homosexuality illegal)
Mexico 86
Italia 90
USA 94
France 98
Japan 2002
Germany 2006
South Africa 2010
Brazil 2014

So only Russia and Qatar that weren't, which were both given out at the same time and both subject to corruption
When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 14:16 - Nov 23 with 1066 viewsdirk_doone

In the Middle East there are many laws which are just for show. The fact is, the Arab world has always been the gay centre of the world. Gay sex has always been tolerated as the more acceptable form of sex outside marriage. Gay people from all over the world are attracted to work there for this reason.

In countries where single males and females lead separate lives, the worst sin of all, and one which is regularly punished, is heterosexual sex outside of marriage. That is simply not tolerated unless it involves raping a Srl Lankan or Filipina maid. Meanwhile, a blind eye is turned to what is probably the greatest gay sex activity in the world. All-male and all-female parties regularly turn into orgies.

More helpful to the majority of the population would be laws making heterosexual sex outside marriage legal, which would probably mean that the Gulf would lose its status as the gay mecca, but I've seen no protests about this, and women are still being stoned to death.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 9:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 10:37 - Nov 24 with 844 viewssolent_toffee

When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 14:16 - Nov 23 by dirk_doone

In the Middle East there are many laws which are just for show. The fact is, the Arab world has always been the gay centre of the world. Gay sex has always been tolerated as the more acceptable form of sex outside marriage. Gay people from all over the world are attracted to work there for this reason.

In countries where single males and females lead separate lives, the worst sin of all, and one which is regularly punished, is heterosexual sex outside of marriage. That is simply not tolerated unless it involves raping a Srl Lankan or Filipina maid. Meanwhile, a blind eye is turned to what is probably the greatest gay sex activity in the world. All-male and all-female parties regularly turn into orgies.

More helpful to the majority of the population would be laws making heterosexual sex outside marriage legal, which would probably mean that the Gulf would lose its status as the gay mecca, but I've seen no protests about this, and women are still being stoned to death.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 9:00]

When you say that it’s gay Mecca is this an underworld kind of secret society, because every gay travel guide states that you should travel there with caution and certainly not openly share a room with your same sex partner?

My partner works in the oil industry and has travelled to the Middle East a lot over the years and has always been told by his company to state that he is single whilst out there.

On a hypocritical western side to it, he was offered an internal move to Texas a few years back but it was revoked due to him being gay.
When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 11:28 - Nov 24 with 821 viewsdirk_doone

When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 10:37 - Nov 24 by solent_toffee

When you say that it’s gay Mecca is this an underworld kind of secret society, because every gay travel guide states that you should travel there with caution and certainly not openly share a room with your same sex partner?

My partner works in the oil industry and has travelled to the Middle East a lot over the years and has always been told by his company to state that he is single whilst out there.

On a hypocritical western side to it, he was offered an internal move to Texas a few years back but it was revoked due to him being gay.

Perhaps it is. But, I have lived and worked many years there. I don't doubt what your partner has been told to state by his company but I do know the reality of the Middle East.

I found it hilarious when a British news interviewer asked a Qatari politician what would happen if two men walked around holding hands and publicly displaying affection, because you will not see more men holding hands and kissing anywhere else in the world than you do in the Arab world. What would be considered shocking, however, and in some parts of the Islamic world might well result in arrest, is a man and woman doing that.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 11:12]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

When Was The Last World Cup held where Homosexuality Was Legal on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 793 viewskernow

Where would we be without their oil ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024