Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoedt 10:38 - Dec 10 with 2736 viewsPatfromPoole

Did he deserve all the abuse yesterday?

The vitriol he got reminded me of our away end’s abuse of Lovren at Anfield in the Cup semi-final, which was deserved and a fairly magnificent sustained wave of abuse.

Hoedt, however. An utterly abysmal centre-half, as he showed again yesterday. But he seemed a fairly committed player to me, despite a habit of scoring ridiculous own goals.

I just wish some of our fans spent more time supporting the team rather than slating Hoedt.

Thought our fans were poor yesterday.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hoedt on 10:59 - Dec 10 with 2693 viewsChesham_Saint

Well I was sat in the lower row of the Rookery yesterday and their view of Hoedt is completely different. Sure, he can make an error but beyond that they seem to really like him. A lot.

I also don’t think he was given a fair chance when he was with us as following on the likes of VVD was an almost impossible act to follow.

As for our fans yesterday, I couldn’t here much but that was mainly thanks to the Watford tvvat with the drum - and when it wasn’t him it was that pathetic hornet costumed tosser banging another drum.

Neither set of fans were impressive yesterday.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Hoedt on 11:06 - Dec 10 with 2682 viewsPatfromPoole

Hoedt on 10:59 - Dec 10 by Chesham_Saint

Well I was sat in the lower row of the Rookery yesterday and their view of Hoedt is completely different. Sure, he can make an error but beyond that they seem to really like him. A lot.

I also don’t think he was given a fair chance when he was with us as following on the likes of VVD was an almost impossible act to follow.

As for our fans yesterday, I couldn’t here much but that was mainly thanks to the Watford tvvat with the drum - and when it wasn’t him it was that pathetic hornet costumed tosser banging another drum.

I was stood in with the Saints fans, and I could hardly hear us either. So no chance of you hearing our lot from being in the home sections.

Hopefully a better showing from us at Cov on Wednesday on and off the pitch.

Hoedt on 11:25 - Dec 10 with 2644 viewsChesham_Saint

Hoedt on 11:06 - Dec 10 by PatfromPoole

I was stood in with the Saints fans, and I could hardly hear us either. So no chance of you hearing our lot from being in the home sections.

Hopefully a better showing from us at Cov on Wednesday on and off the pitch.

I could hear at times, but as I say the drummer drowned out almost everything. It was like being an extra in Zulu!

I can also report that being at the front of the Watford fans when they equalise in the 98th minute, is not the best place for an away fan to be. They seemed to almost have a contrived “going berserk” reaction screaming and dancing around in the large open area behind the goal - it was like they’d just won the FA Cup…!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Hoedt on 13:38 - Dec 10 with 2549 viewssaint22

Hoedt on 10:59 - Dec 10 by Chesham_Saint

Agreed
I was sat in the lower Taylor stand and the Watford Smas were so quiet until they scored oh and when Fraser went down
As for Hoedt, complete tool, man bun and all
Hoedt on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 2431 viewssledger

hoedt,didnt he bump his gums as to how badly he had been treated while drawing his inflated wages.
Hoedt on 16:49 - Dec 10 with 2405 viewsTimSaint

He is a player who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

He got blamed for Saints defeats quite regularly !! :-)

Apparently he was a disruptive character in the dressing room and not that well liked by team mates and managers alike.

I guess that was why we were forced to loan him out so much, to the likes of Celta Vigo, Antwerp and Lazio. I seem to recall him getting sent off on 1 of his loan debuts and he always thought he would be able to get a big move to 1 of the many clubs interested in him, but his high wage demands prevented it. In the end, he saw out his Saints contract through loans and then left, instead of going earlier and getting us a transfer fee.

His social media outbursts at our 2 x 9-0 defeats (whilst he was still a Saints player I think) made him public enemy number 1 !!

TimSaint

Hoedt on 09:48 - Dec 11 with 2186 viewsSaintNick

Hoedt on 16:49 - Dec 10 by TimSaint

He is a player who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

He got blamed for Saints defeats quite regularly !! :-)

Apparently he was a disruptive character in the dressing room and not that well liked by team mates and managers alike.

I guess that was why we were forced to loan him out so much, to the likes of Celta Vigo, Antwerp and Lazio. I seem to recall him getting sent off on 1 of his loan debuts and he always thought he would be able to get a big move to 1 of the many clubs interested in him, but his high wage demands prevented it. In the end, he saw out his Saints contract through loans and then left, instead of going earlier and getting us a transfer fee.

His social media outbursts at our 2 x 9-0 defeats (whilst he was still a Saints player I think) made him public enemy number 1 !!

Name me a player who doesn't think he is better than he actually is ? It is the nature of being a professional footballer, you have to believe you are the best.

He did get blamed a lot, but he was playing in a side that was disintegrating at the back, he was no worse than most around him.

Who knows what he was like in the dressing room, being well liked by your team mates is low on a list of priorities, I would say most top players and I mean top players are probably not well liked by team mates because they have to have the arrogance to reach that point. They are respected for their talent but not well liked.

Hoedt himself spoke out in the summer of 2019, but all he said was that when he returned from his first loan spell Ralph promised he would be given a chance, but he wasn't and shipped out on loan without playing a game.

It's not a crime to see out a contract, I dont see why fans get upset, that players see out contracts, they are entitled to them, why should we expect them to take a pay drop to leave.

Although I do think that the same rule should be applied to those that force moves for more money.

Havent seen any media outbursts of the 9-0 defeats, if he did then it is sad and perhaps tells you a lot about the player as a person, I felt sorry for Hoedt, his time was ended because Ralph Hasenhuttl didn't see him as part of his plans and didn't give him a chance, he clearly had issues about that, his issues were with Ralph not the club,.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hoedt on 15:45 - Dec 11 with 2113 viewsTimSaint

Hoedt on 09:48 - Dec 11 by SaintNick

Name me a player who doesn't think he is better than he actually is ? It is the nature of being a professional footballer, you have to believe you are the best.

He did get blamed a lot, but he was playing in a side that was disintegrating at the back, he was no worse than most around him.

Who knows what he was like in the dressing room, being well liked by your team mates is low on a list of priorities, I would say most top players and I mean top players are probably not well liked by team mates because they have to have the arrogance to reach that point. They are respected for their talent but not well liked.

Hoedt himself spoke out in the summer of 2019, but all he said was that when he returned from his first loan spell Ralph promised he would be given a chance, but he wasn't and shipped out on loan without playing a game.

It's not a crime to see out a contract, I dont see why fans get upset, that players see out contracts, they are entitled to them, why should we expect them to take a pay drop to leave.

Although I do think that the same rule should be applied to those that force moves for more money.

Havent seen any media outbursts of the 9-0 defeats, if he did then it is sad and perhaps tells you a lot about the player as a person, I felt sorry for Hoedt, his time was ended because Ralph Hasenhuttl didn't see him as part of his plans and didn't give him a chance, he clearly had issues about that, his issues were with Ralph not the club,.

I half thought you may try to defend him Nick :-)

The point was that he was bigging himself up whilst out on loan, saying that because many top teams wanted him, he would easily get a move to this club or that club. We all know he didn't.

Yes he ended up seeing out his contract, which of course he is entitled to do, but ultimately he turned out to be one of the many players around that time, that cost us a fortune in supplementing wages whilst we loaned them out and they were not actually playing for Saints. Just like Lemina, Forster, Elyounoussi, Cedric, Gunn, Carrillo, Clasie and probably a few more !!

As for his social media jibes, he made himself look a cvnt, as he was a Saints employee at the time. Perhaps he was just trying to say that he would have done a better job had he been in the team, but it certainly didn't come across that way to team mates and fans alike !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Hoedt on 21:29 - Dec 11 with 2033 viewsSaintNick

Hoedt on 15:45 - Dec 11 by TimSaint

I half thought you may try to defend him Nick :-)

The point was that he was bigging himself up whilst out on loan, saying that because many top teams wanted him, he would easily get a move to this club or that club. We all know he didn't.

Yes he ended up seeing out his contract, which of course he is entitled to do, but ultimately he turned out to be one of the many players around that time, that cost us a fortune in supplementing wages whilst we loaned them out and they were not actually playing for Saints. Just like Lemina, Forster, Elyounoussi, Cedric, Gunn, Carrillo, Clasie and probably a few more !!

As for his social media jibes, he made himself look a cvnt, as he was a Saints employee at the time. Perhaps he was just trying to say that he would have done a better job had he been in the team, but it certainly didn't come across that way to team mates and fans alike !!

Lol i wasnt trying to defend him, just pointing out that the abuse he was given was not in keeping with his actual time at St Mary's,the number of games he played and in terms of people who have truly been ****'s he is low down on the list.

I dont blame him or for that matter the likes of Elyounoussi for not living up to the inflated fees we paid for them, nor their wages, all they did was accept an offer.

Hoedt on 23:08 - Dec 11 with 1977 viewsdirk_doone

Hoedt on 21:29 - Dec 11 by SaintNick

Lol i wasnt trying to defend him, just pointing out that the abuse he was given was not in keeping with his actual time at St Mary's,the number of games he played and in terms of people who have truly been ****'s he is low down on the list.

I dont blame him or for that matter the likes of Elyounoussi for not living up to the inflated fees we paid for them, nor their wages, all they did was accept an offer.

And all any of them do is move on when they get a much better offer from a more prestigious club, which is what any normal person would do. The ones that don't move on are usually the ones who've got as high as they can in their career here at Southampton, who know they can't earn any more anywhere else, and those are the ones the club often wants to get rid of.

I don't bear grudges against any of them and certainly don't hate them.

Sorry, some of this should be in the Top 3 Villains thread but I have zero names to add to that list.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 23:14]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hoedt on 21:39 - Dec 12 with 1778 viewsButty101

Hoedt once again proving how crap he is tonight.

GOAL: Watford 1-2 Ipswich Town
Sam Morsy (80 mins)

Sam Morsey nutmegs the goalkeeper, it was a terrible error from the Hornets defender Wesley Hoedt and Morsy knew exactly what to do...

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hoedt on 15:51 - Dec 26 with 1536 viewsButty101

Classic Hoedt own goal for Bristol City

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hoedt on 11:19 - Dec 27 with 1225 viewsSaintNick

Hoedt on 15:51 - Dec 26 by Butty101

Classic Hoedt own goal for Bristol City

Who really cares what Hoedt does, he did some good things for us and he did some bad things, but he is no longer a player for us, so I don't care what he does for whoever he plays for now.

Hoedt on 13:09 - Dec 28 with 1048 viewsarfurdent

Hoedt on 11:19 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Who really cares what Hoedt does, he did some good things for us and he did some bad things, but he is no longer a player for us, so I don't care what he does for whoever he plays for now.

totally agree apart for that c**t Lovren

main thing about Hoedt's own goal was that it was bl00dy funny

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Hoedt on 15:39 - Dec 28 with 999 viewsPatfromPoole

Hoedt on 11:19 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Why did you put up a thread about how Tella was doing at Bayer Leverkusen then?

Bit of a common theme here; if 95% of Saints fans think a player just is not up to the required standard, there appears to uncannily be a prolonged defence of that player on this message board.

Hoedt is just one of a fairly long line; whether it be Mara, Manning, Djenepo, Redmond, Carillo etc etc…..

Hoedt on 16:21 - Dec 28 with 977 viewsSaintNick

Hoedt on 15:39 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

Bit of a common theme here; if 95% of Saints fans think a player just is not up to the required standard, there appears to uncannily be a prolonged defence of that player on this message board.

Hoedt is just one of a fairly long line; whether it be Mara, Manning, Djenepo, Redmond, Carillo etc etc…..

I am interested in how a player is doing, however i am not obsessed with it, in the main I am happy to see them do well, it is a topic of interest to many so from time to time I will do a story.

There is no common theme, the fact is that 95% of Saints fans do not froth at the mouth at the mere mention of a player, if a player is playing badly, they hope that he improves and does better, if he does so then they give him the credit, think Bazunu & Adam Armstrong here from the current squad and even possibly Jack Stephens.

But it seems like 95% because of the abuse they receive on message boards, most of which is undeserved at the personal level they get it at, I go to games thinking that Manning will get untold stick from the crowd, but I hear little abuse aside from individual comments.

Yes Hoedt is one of a long line, a long line of those who have signed for the club and although it hasn't worked out for him, havent done us any real harm either.

Interesting that you mention Nathan Redmond, 159 Premier League starts plus 36 as sub for Saints with 21 goals, thats around 4-5 a season on average.

In his first season he was top scorer with 7 plus that goal in the League cup against Liverpool that gave us something to defend at Anfield.

In his second season he scored just once but it was vital at Everton, third season he hit 6 goals and only Ings and JWP with 7 got more, in 2019/20 4 goals, only Ings 22 & JWP & Stuart Armstrong got more with 5 a piece.

20/21 he was more a bit part player with 2, but base that against Theo Walcott who scored 3 or Stuart Armstrong with twice as many starts for 4.

At the end he was playing in a poor team, but was no worse than those around him.

So yes I do give a prolonged defence of a players, because i give them a fair crack of the whip and just dont condemn them for the the odd mistake which all players make,

Manning played a big part in the win at QPR, he had an impact on the game, however if he put that pass short that Stuart Armstrong did at QPR that cost Charles a booking then he would have been slagged off to high heaven.

Hoedt on 16:53 - Dec 28 with 948 viewsfelly1

Hoedt on 15:39 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

It's Nicks contrary nature.
Apart from Captain Jack of course... You can both agree on this one surely?
Hoedt on 16:58 - Dec 28 with 935 viewsPatfromPoole

Hoedt on 16:53 - Dec 28 by felly1

It's Nicks contrary nature.
Apart from Captain Jack of course... You can both agree on this one surely?

I think if Nick and I agreed on something, we would disagree as to whether it was an agreement, or perhaps just a coincidental part-meeting of minds.

Of course, we would all be bereft without this message board, and I’m not quite sure how or why he puts up with the aggro.

Hoedt on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 930 viewsPatfromPoole

Hoedt on 16:21 - Dec 28 by SaintNick

I am interested in how a player is doing, however i am not obsessed with it, in the main I am happy to see them do well, it is a topic of interest to many so from time to time I will do a story.

There is no common theme, the fact is that 95% of Saints fans do not froth at the mouth at the mere mention of a player, if a player is playing badly, they hope that he improves and does better, if he does so then they give him the credit, think Bazunu & Adam Armstrong here from the current squad and even possibly Jack Stephens.

But it seems like 95% because of the abuse they receive on message boards, most of which is undeserved at the personal level they get it at, I go to games thinking that Manning will get untold stick from the crowd, but I hear little abuse aside from individual comments.

Yes Hoedt is one of a long line, a long line of those who have signed for the club and although it hasn't worked out for him, havent done us any real harm either.

Interesting that you mention Nathan Redmond, 159 Premier League starts plus 36 as sub for Saints with 21 goals, thats around 4-5 a season on average.

In his first season he was top scorer with 7 plus that goal in the League cup against Liverpool that gave us something to defend at Anfield.

In his second season he scored just once but it was vital at Everton, third season he hit 6 goals and only Ings and JWP with 7 got more, in 2019/20 4 goals, only Ings 22 & JWP & Stuart Armstrong got more with 5 a piece.

20/21 he was more a bit part player with 2, but base that against Theo Walcott who scored 3 or Stuart Armstrong with twice as many starts for 4.

At the end he was playing in a poor team, but was no worse than those around him.

So yes I do give a prolonged defence of a players, because i give them a fair crack of the whip and just dont condemn them for the the odd mistake which all players make,

Manning played a big part in the win at QPR, he had an impact on the game, however if he put that pass short that Stuart Armstrong did at QPR that cost Charles a booking then he would have been slagged off to high heaven.

Redmond was good for the first couple of seasons.

However, after that, he lost the ability to beat a player or even take him on, and he was prone to slating fellow players and officials like a spoilt kid.

He reminded me of Mara in that he is completely reliant on being surrounded by better players. In his last few seasons, he did very little to take responsibility and really get stuck in and make a difference. Mara is very similar; notwithstanding a single 30-yard dash to challenge a player at Hull.

One shouldn’t rely wholly on stats, as stats don’t tend to report on the amount of time idly watching the rest of the action while barely moving.

Hoedt on 17:40 - Dec 28 with 906 viewsSaintNick

Hoedt on 16:58 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

I think if Nick and I agreed on something, we would disagree as to whether it was an agreement, or perhaps just a coincidental part-meeting of minds.

Of course, we would all be bereft without this message board, and I’m not quite sure how or why he puts up with the aggro.

I disagree with your claim that you don't know how I put up with all the aggro lol.

Sometimes I actually do agree with you, I just feel that you are being overly unfair so I have to put the case forward for the defence (In legal terms rather than our back four)

Hoedt on 16:00 - Dec 30 with 797 views1ASIN12

Fair play to Hoedt , he gave his captains armband to a young Watford fan last night. Made the lads day .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024