Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest paid director - Semmens (????) 23:05 - Apr 2 with 1024 viewsPatfromPoole

Blatantly plagiarised from Saints Web, on a thread about the Club’s latest accounts….

“There are six listed directors. Directors’ remuneration totalled £1.89m with the highest-paid individual director receiving £831,000 (2021: £971,000).”

I’m sure if this is Martin Semmens, we will all be giving heartfelt congratulations to him for being so highly remunerated at a time when his decision-making and advice to Gao on the sale of the club has been so utterly disastrous.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 01:55 - Apr 3 with 932 viewsNYC_Saint

I'm guessing his number one criteria for any potential buyer was "will you keep me in my overpaid role?". He kept saying "there have been plenty of buyers but you wouldn't want them". Looks more like they didn't want him at that price so he passed on them until he found someone that would keep him employed. And here we are, bottom of the league and as good as relegated.
Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 06:59 - Apr 3 with 869 viewsTripleNiemi

Wasn’t he the one banging on about having to ‘pay’ to endure watching the dross that has been Saints FC home and away? I feel for the poor guy….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 07:24 - Apr 3 with 855 viewsPatfromPoole

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 06:59 - Apr 3 by TripleNiemi

Wasn’t he the one banging on about having to ‘pay’ to endure watching the dross that has been Saints FC home and away? I feel for the poor guy….

Yes.

Precious time away from the fam.

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 765 viewsSaintNick

Gao was/is an experienced businessman, he is far more experienced than Semmens, whilst he may have listened to Semmens advice on a potential buyer, do you honestly think he would have just taken it without doing his own due dilligence. Give him some credit.

I am not sure why you have so much against Martin Semmens, you seem to lay everything at his feet, yet he wasn't in charge of recruitment, he wasn't director of football between January 2020 & October 2022, that was Matt Crocker & Joe Shields.

I am not sure whether director of football comes in the list of 6 directors, but I would think that would be the highest paying role and lets face it £800k isn't that much for a footballing role or for that matter a CEO

The issue is that we have spent a lot of money on a lot of players, but we haven't signed in two key areas an experienced striker and central defender

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 10:31 - Apr 3 with 737 viewsPatfromPoole

Highest paid director - Semmens (????) on 09:53 - Apr 3 by SaintNick

Gao was/is an experienced businessman, he is far more experienced than Semmens, whilst he may have listened to Semmens advice on a potential buyer, do you honestly think he would have just taken it without doing his own due dilligence. Give him some credit.

I am not sure why you have so much against Martin Semmens, you seem to lay everything at his feet, yet he wasn't in charge of recruitment, he wasn't director of football between January 2020 & October 2022, that was Matt Crocker & Joe Shields.

I am not sure whether director of football comes in the list of 6 directors, but I would think that would be the highest paying role and lets face it £800k isn't that much for a footballing role or for that matter a CEO

The issue is that we have spent a lot of money on a lot of players, but we haven't signed in two key areas an experienced striker and central defender

A director of football will almost certainly not be registered as a director with Companies House.

It is down to Semmens that we didn’t sign a striker in the summer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024