Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been 21:37 - Jun 14 with 1352 viewsA1079

When we were promoted to the PL in 2012 we were envied by many as the club that had a vision, a model and ambition. That was until Cortese left, Kat got into bed with Gao and the rest is history. Brighton in many respects have shown a similar vision to what we we were once looked like becoming. The difference is, that they have learnt that to sell a quality player make sure that you have something lined up first to replace them.

The business they have made in the last week and the appointment of Milner is a great stroke of planning and getting things done making sure that there is continuity. Milner is the sort of signing that McMenemy would have made in his heyday - bringing in valuable experience on the twilight of their careers but still had a lot to give to work alongside youth and other new players.

I would like to hope that SR will have learnt and can do the same for us.
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:14 - Jun 14 with 1309 views1teeminants

Brighton are now the club that saints were when we finished top 8 including 6 th place, four years running and also qualified for Europe.

Brighton will eventually lose many players like we did it’s already started and it will happen more The same happened to Leicester. At the end of the day the best players in the world want to win MAJOR trophies and there’s only 5/6 clubs in this country that win MAJOR trophies ( Leicester was a one off) and Brighton aren’t one of them .

I can’t see the likes of Milner making a huge difference to Brighton although credit to them for buying him because he will add valuable experience but they just won’t win a major trophy as 5/6 clubs have too much spending power.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:41 - Jun 14 with 1281 viewsSFC_Referee

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:14 - Jun 14 by 1teeminants

Brighton are now the club that saints were when we finished top 8 including 6 th place, four years running and also qualified for Europe.

Brighton will eventually lose many players like we did it’s already started and it will happen more The same happened to Leicester. At the end of the day the best players in the world want to win MAJOR trophies and there’s only 5/6 clubs in this country that win MAJOR trophies ( Leicester was a one off) and Brighton aren’t one of them .

I can’t see the likes of Milner making a huge difference to Brighton although credit to them for buying him because he will add valuable experience but they just won’t win a major trophy as 5/6 clubs have too much spending power.

Exactly, as in 5 years time they’ll be the ones going down, the only questions there’ll be is how did they do over that 5 year period and who’s the next team that comes out of nowhere to have those few great seasons.
As these days u less you get some billionaire takeover by some billionaire or Middle Eastern county, then unless you get really lucky like Leicester, you will only get a few years of doing decent and will almost certainly win bugger all. Which is exactly why I’m not soo fussed about going down this season

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:43 - Jun 14 with 1281 viewsButty101

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:14 - Jun 14 by 1teeminants

Brighton have had 3 seasons of having their best players picked off. At the moment their scouting is first class . But it can all change in a blink of an eye.
So far they have sold Ben White, Dan Burn, Yves Bissouma, Marc Cucrella, Neil Maupay, Troddard, and McAllister . £200+mill of talent sold and they are. Better team for it.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:52 - Jun 14 with 1271 views1teeminants

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:43 - Jun 14 by Butty101

Brighton have had 3 seasons of having their best players picked off. At the moment their scouting is first class . But it can all change in a blink of an eye.
So far they have sold Ben White, Dan Burn, Yves Bissouma, Marc Cucrella, Neil Maupay, Troddard, and McAllister . £200+mill of talent sold and they are. Better team for it.

Yes but they wont win anything as I said. They will eventually slide down the table. It’s inevitable .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 23:23 - Jun 14 with 1244 viewsChesham_Saint

Talking to a Brighton fan recently I asked about Lallana and he was delighted with him both as a player and what he does behind the scenes with bringing on younger players.

We missed a trick there.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 07:13 - Jun 15 with 1151 viewscocklebreath

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 23:23 - Jun 14 by Chesham_Saint

Talking to a Brighton fan recently I asked about Lallana and he was delighted with him both as a player and what he does behind the scenes with bringing on younger players.

We missed a trick there.

Not really, the way he left meant he was seen by saints fan as a little c&nt he’d burnt his bridges

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 07:34 - Jun 15 with 1129 viewssaintwizzler

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 23:23 - Jun 14 by Chesham_Saint

We missed a trick there.

We’ve got Smallbone coming back so need to panic.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 07:51 - Jun 15 with 1118 viewsPatfromPoole

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 07:34 - Jun 15 by saintwizzler

We’ve got Smallbone coming back so need to panic.

Is Snallbone a baller?

Will he cook?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 08:19 - Jun 15 with 1093 viewssaintwizzler

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 07:51 - Jun 15 by PatfromPoole

Is Snallbone a baller?

Will he cook?

Yes and yes.
He made the False 10 position his own after a dodgy 45 minutes v Wolves back in the day as Stoke marched on to 16th place in The Championship.

He is one of our own AND a Republic of Ireland international.
A ready made replacement for JWP.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 09:00 - Jun 15 with 1069 viewsRon11

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:41 - Jun 14 by SFC_Referee

Exactly, as in 5 years time they’ll be the ones going down, the only questions there’ll be is how did they do over that 5 year period and who’s the next team that comes out of nowhere to have those few great seasons.
As these days u less you get some billionaire takeover by some billionaire or Middle Eastern county, then unless you get really lucky like Leicester, you will only get a few years of doing decent and will almost certainly win bugger all. Which is exactly why I’m not soo fussed about going down this season

Why will they be going down? Unlike Saints, when their manager left, they brought in an inspired appointment in Roberto de Zerbi - Saints brought in one idiot after another.
I've seen many comments on here about lack of quality or experience in the squad, but in reality we had some good players in there. It just lacked managerial motivation, tactics and most of all, consistency, not constant tinkering, chopping and changing the 'that didn't work let's try this' nonsense.
If Saints had brought in a De Zerbi, I'm sure we'd still be in the Premiership now.
Most of us don't mind winning bugger all, it was still nice to have the status of a Premiership club.
At least we won't have to suffer the delights of Kenilworth Road.....
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 09:40 - Jun 15 with 1037 viewssledger

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 09:00 - Jun 15 by Ron11

Why will they be going down? Unlike Saints, when their manager left, they brought in an inspired appointment in Roberto de Zerbi - Saints brought in one idiot after another.
I've seen many comments on here about lack of quality or experience in the squad, but in reality we had some good players in there. It just lacked managerial motivation, tactics and most of all, consistency, not constant tinkering, chopping and changing the 'that didn't work let's try this' nonsense.
If Saints had brought in a De Zerbi, I'm sure we'd still be in the Premiership now.
Most of us don't mind winning bugger all, it was still nice to have the status of a Premiership club.
At least we won't have to suffer the delights of Kenilworth Road.....

probably be a 1 season respite from the joys of luton
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 10:06 - Jun 15 with 1024 viewskingslandstand1

Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 22:41 - Jun 14 by SFC_Referee

They also have an owner who is a fan
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 12:04 - Jun 15 with 978 viewsUTS1885

I dont see anything of merit that Cortese was responsible for apart from a being a complete and utter obnoxious idiot. The likes of les reed kept the situation rolling upwards. We appointed Koeman remember and had allsorts of players actually peaking in performance.

Brighton found someone with money, who has delivered their new stadium and a traning ground which is as equal to any top PL club. They have and will continue to get some good players being not to far away from London. But as we have seen theyre losing players like we did. Ben White went to Arsenal, their best midfielder has gone to Liverpool and Caicedo demanded a January transfer.

Sports republic are failing due to relying on Ankersen, who clearly isnt as good as he thinks.
Brighton - the well managed club that we could have been on 19:45 - Jun 16 with 792 viewsMonksway

Sadly Brighton's success will be short lived I suspect. Like Saints the Europa League will stretch their resources and impact on their premier League form. Maybe not this season but if they do reasonably well yet more players and the manager will go to the high WAGE clubs. Their recruitment will falter and like many before them they will start to struggle again for premier League survival. Only the very rich aare immune to utter incompetence and arrogance - Chelsea, Spurs, Man U. Can we all stop calling them big clubs, they are RICH clubs paying huge wages to professional footballers and win trophies as a result of having the best players. Newcastle were a big club and got nowhere - now they are a RICH club. Until a wage cap is introduced the EPL will always be the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024