Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you rate our summer transfer window 23:06 - Sep 1 with 2828 viewsSFC_Referee

How do you rate our summer transfer window

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 06:39 - Sep 2 with 2407 viewsSouthamptonfan

A very good transfer window. Adams and Armstrong up front is a very strong Championship forward line. Then add Ross Stewart to that (and Sulemana, who will be like a new signing). Keeping KWP is a massive bonus, plus adding the lad, who won this league with Burnley last season. We should be very strong and go on and win this league.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 06:49 - Sep 2 with 2388 viewsUlsterBaz

Pretty good window in fairness, on paper the squad looks decent for the next few months. Could’ve been doing with shipping more of the dead wood out but who would be daft enough to take the likes of McCarthy or Djenepo?
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 07:27 - Sep 2 with 2345 viewsGRIM

A good transfer window providing the players that have come in are committed to getting us back to Premiership.
It was critical that we kept Che Adams.
Yes, we lost Tella but I think their was far too much hype about him & I think Ryan Fraser will be a stand out in this league.
I think the only dodgy bit of business was paying 10M for Ross Stewart, with his record of injuries that could be money wasted & at 27 he's not going to get any better so will have very little sell on value.
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:21 - Sep 2 with 2264 viewsSteveMoron

Great window. We've got a great chance of top 2. Kwp's conduct spot on. Che captain today please.
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:39 - Sep 2 with 2237 viewssledger

i think the best bit of business weve done will be ryan fraser,desperate to show eddie howe he was wrong
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:41 - Sep 2 with 2235 viewscocklebreath

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:39 - Sep 2 by sledger

i think the best bit of business weve done will be ryan fraser,desperate to show eddie howe he was wrong

I think him and Downes will be great signings, both too good for the championship with a bit to prove

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:54 - Sep 2 with 2217 views1teeminants

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:41 - Sep 2 by cocklebreath

I think him and Downes will be great signings, both too good for the championship with a bit to prove

Exactly right. Good to have players who are out to prove others wrong rather than players who want to just go through the motions.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 09:03 - Sep 2 with 2200 viewsgrumpy

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 08:39 - Sep 2 by sledger

Agree, Ryan is a great signing.
Login to get fewer ads

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 10:11 - Sep 2 with 2128 viewsMattFinish

Generally a very good window. Kept hold of KWP which was massive and a surprise. Plus Sulemana who hopefully will make an effort - think he will
Harwood-Bellis is a great signing. Agree Fraser adds that extra experience and Downes is obviously a decent player
My only concern is whether Stewart has recovered from his bad injury but we have Che as backup. I’d have liked to see a more proven striker at PL/Championship level
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:18 - Sep 2 with 2030 viewsdirk_doone

I remember when nearly everyone rated last summer's transfer window highly and look how that ended up.

Our 17th consecutive competitive game + the 5 pre-season games without a clean sheet suggests we haven't solved the goalkeeping problem, which should have been one of our top priorities in this transfer window.

It doesn't matter too much what the outfield players do, unless we're playing for 4-4 draws, if nearly every opposition shot ends up in the back of our net.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 13:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:20 - Sep 2 with 2025 viewsgrumpy

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:18 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

I remember when nearly everyone rated last summer's transfer window highly and look how that ended up.

Our 17th consecutive competitive game + the 5 pre-season games without a clean sheet suggests we haven't solved the goalkeeping problem, which should have been one of our top priorities in this transfer window.

It doesn't matter too much what the outfield players do, unless we're playing for 4-4 draws, if nearly every opposition shot ends up in the back of our net.

Our goalkeeper has just let in 3 in the first half,mind you his defence didn't help much.
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:27 - Sep 2 with 2005 viewsBerber

It makes me choke to see that folk think we have had a great transfer window. We have been denuded of talent, and are left with triers, but basically a sub standard squad. Sunderland Young Boys are finding this easy. They are even younger than last year. Tough on Downes, out of touch and surrounded by a team with no nous.
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:28 - Sep 2 with 2003 viewsdirk_doone

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:20 - Sep 2 by grumpy

Our goalkeeper has just let in 3 in the first half,mind you his defence didn't help much.

The goalkeeping problem is the most obvious one but the defence has to shoulder some of the blame too. It's looking worse than ever: a bit like Swansea's over the last 2 seasons.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 13:41]

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:33 - Sep 2 with 1992 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I said poor as I thought we needed a replacement for Tella, as well as another centre half and box to box/holding midfielder. And for how Holding’s started this game, I’m even more worried about the centre half spot, as without Stephens we’ve now just got two poor ones, and one that many look forward to seeing but hasn’t played a single minute for us yet! As we really did need another centre half in yesterday to help sort this shambolic defence out

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:36 - Sep 2 with 1988 viewsSFC_Referee

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 13:18 - Sep 2 by dirk_doone

Well I’ve been previously defending him as he’s not actually been that and this season before today, and was yet to make any major mistakes. But this game certainly doesn’t make me as confident about all that anymore, not in the slightest!

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 14:34 - Sep 2 with 1936 views1ASIN12

Some very good signings and we’ve held onto a couple too, however we have failed to improve the keepers.

Just like last season with a better goalie he may have saved some of the goals we’ve let in .
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 1725 viewsButty101

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 14:34 - Sep 2 by 1ASIN12

Some very good signings and we’ve held onto a couple too, however we have failed to improve the keepers.

Just like last season with a better goalie he may have saved some of the goals we’ve let in .

How’s everyone feeling about the transfer window now?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 17:02 - Sep 23 with 1565 viewsdirk_doone

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:30 - Sep 19 by Butty101

One of the worst ever?

#EmbraceFailure

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 1488 viewsSFC_Referee

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:30 - Sep 19 by Butty101

Did say we needed another centre half and holding midfielder, which right now do seem to be the two places we’re struggling most at

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:31 - Sep 23 with 1442 viewsPatfromPoole

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 20:45 - Sep 23 by SFC_Referee

Did say we needed another centre half and holding midfielder, which right now do seem to be the two places we’re struggling most at

We have Charles, Downes and Smallbone, who are all holding midfielders.

Hardly a forward run between those three.

Problem is, they keep giving the ball away in bad parts of the pitch. Charles has cost us goals in the last two games by doing this.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:39 - Sep 23 with 1429 viewsSFC_Referee

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:31 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

We have Charles, Downes and Smallbone, who are all holding midfielders.

Hardly a forward run between those three.

Problem is, they keep giving the ball away in bad parts of the pitch. Charles has cost us goals in the last two games by doing this.

Charles, maybe, although he’s just inexperienced and a holding midfielder is about the one spot that you don’t want to be inexperienced. But Downes and Smallbone are both Box to box and weren’t the same sorta midfielder that the likes of Wanyama, Romeu, Schniderlyn etc… were.
As yeah they do keep giving away the ball, and far too often, but that’s why we need a player just behind them to make sure there’s cover there for any of their mess ups and can be straight on the attacker right away

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:46 - Sep 23 with 1426 viewsPatfromPoole

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:39 - Sep 23 by SFC_Referee

Charles, maybe, although he’s just inexperienced and a holding midfielder is about the one spot that you don’t want to be inexperienced. But Downes and Smallbone are both Box to box and weren’t the same sorta midfielder that the likes of Wanyama, Romeu, Schniderlyn etc… were.
As yeah they do keep giving away the ball, and far too often, but that’s why we need a player just behind them to make sure there’s cover there for any of their mess ups and can be straight on the attacker right away

Downes and Smallbone are not box to box.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:52 - Sep 23 with 1422 viewssaint22

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:46 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

They are definitely not
Smallbone looks very poor indeed
How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:55 - Sep 23 with 1415 viewsSFC_Referee

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:46 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

Well what are they then? As they were both seen as replacements for Prowse this season, and he was a box to box midfielder, and they’re certainly not holding midfielders either for where they’ve been positioned for most of this season

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 22:00 - Sep 23 with 1411 viewssaint22

How do you rate our summer transfer window on 21:55 - Sep 23 by SFC_Referee

Well what are they then? As they were both seen as replacements for Prowse this season, and he was a box to box midfielder, and they’re certainly not holding midfielders either for where they’ve been positioned for most of this season

That may have been the intention but it’s far from what they are
We have not replaced anybody with sold with anybody remotely of the same calibre hence we look so awful especially coupled with Wussell blindly picking random line ups and tactics
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024