Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS in Wales 22:21 - Jan 22 with 4850 viewsthe_oracle

My wife was taken ill on our flight home yesterday. We went to the GP and she was told she had to be admitted immediately for treatment for the severe pain she was in.

I have always been a believer in the NHS and think its a wonderful part of what we are in the UK. This belief has been shaken to the core at the events at Morriston over the last 24 hours.

She was left in an ambulance without pain relief for 2 hours ( other patients were being treated at A&E then put back into the ambulance they came in)!

She was given a cannula in her arm by a trainee paramedic , he got it so wrong her clothing and the ambulance was covered in blood

She was left in A&E for 5 hours with only gas and air for the pain.

She was then taken to a ward which had recently had norvo virus. One of the symptoms my wife was suffering was severe vomiting making her dehydrated. genius! Then she was told she could not have visitors because of the virus. She was then left on a trolley all night as there was no bed available.

at 4.30am all the lights were put on and all the patients woken so that meds could be given .

After a long phone call this morning I got her moved from the "virus" ward.

Two staff members said that the hospital was at "crisis point" and "past crisis point". The staff on the whole were fine ( two sisters there were excellent) but some were uncaring or just plain amateur,

Yet the Health Minister tells us all in well in the NHS.

NO IT ISN'T!!

The NHS in Wales on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 3897 viewsBanosswan

Hope she gets well soon.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The NHS in Wales on 22:57 - Jan 22 with 3841 viewsjack_lord

The NHS is beyond capacity. The population continues to grow and get older but cuts are being made because funding is being squeezed (thanks administrators). What you experienced last night was proof that public finances are being spent in the wrong areas.

The incident with the paramedic was just bad luck as all medical staff have to start somewhere. The GP started as a house officer straight out of medical school but the pain relief is questionable as the ambulance is full of analgesics.

Maybe there was a reason why the staff thought that gas and air was the appropriate medication at the time. What was wrong with her and is she is better now?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The NHS in Wales on 23:02 - Jan 22 with 3824 viewsbuilthjack

In Builth Wells they have just built a hospital quarter of the size of the old one. They shut the old one last July, opened the new one, but have no money to fit beds and equipment, so the whole of the upstairs lies empty. Shambles. Will get worse under the Tories.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The NHS in Wales on 23:30 - Jan 22 with 3804 viewsBanosswan

The NHS in Wales on 23:02 - Jan 22 by builthjack

In Builth Wells they have just built a hospital quarter of the size of the old one. They shut the old one last July, opened the new one, but have no money to fit beds and equipment, so the whole of the upstairs lies empty. Shambles. Will get worse under the Tories.

Ahh yes, this is exactly the right thread to make political statements.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

The NHS in Wales on 23:31 - Jan 22 with 3803 viewsEdmundo

The NHS in Wales on 23:02 - Jan 22 by builthjack

Don't Labour run the NHS in Wales?

Surely the way that they spend our money is also the issue here?

I think they've been in power long enough now to have provided some improvements!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The NHS in Wales on 23:38 - Jan 22 with 3794 viewsjack_lord

The NHS in Wales takes 40% of the Welsh budget.

The NHS in Wales on 23:54 - Jan 22 with 3783 viewsthe_oracle

The NHS in Wales on 22:57 - Jan 22 by jack_lord

The NHS is beyond capacity. The population continues to grow and get older but cuts are being made because funding is being squeezed (thanks administrators). What you experienced last night was proof that public finances are being spent in the wrong areas.

The incident with the paramedic was just bad luck as all medical staff have to start somewhere. The GP started as a house officer straight out of medical school but the pain relief is questionable as the ambulance is full of analgesics.

Maybe there was a reason why the staff thought that gas and air was the appropriate medication at the time. What was wrong with her and is she is better now?

Thanks for the get wells. She's still in and will be for a few days.

She was not given pain killers in the ambulance as she was picked up by St Johns ambulance and they were not qualified to offer the appropriate medication. Where were the "real" ambulance crews?
The NHS in Wales on 23:59 - Jan 22 with 3775 viewsBanosswan

The NHS in Wales on 23:54 - Jan 22 by the_oracle

Thanks for the get wells. She's still in and will be for a few days.

She was not given pain killers in the ambulance as she was picked up by St Johns ambulance and they were not qualified to offer the appropriate medication. Where were the "real" ambulance crews?

What is her diagnosis? At the moment, Morriston are at level. 4, which means they're riddled with norovirus. There are very few wards without it.

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS in Wales on 00:21 - Jan 23 with 3760 viewsLord_Bony

If you think that's bad try the NHS of Portugal.

My dad spent six weeks there early last year having a hip replacement after a fall.

The food and conditions were just a little bit better than a ww2 prisoner of war camp I would say.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The NHS in Wales on 07:11 - Jan 23 with 3713 viewsNOTRAC

The trouble is we're in desperate need of strawberry pickers so that Tesco's can sell them at £2 a box.No one has yet realised that those same strawberry pickets require schools for their kids, houses to live in and hospitals when they are I'll.
We can't afford to train doctors and nurses,but we can eat cheap strawberries.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The NHS in Wales on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 3634 viewsperchrockjack

Very best wishes to her. Your story is deeply depressing. Im old enough to remember when people were treated like human beings in hospitals not as
stats and you didn't come out in a worse state having left what is often an open sewer.

It aint the staff fault though but part of this appalling "customer focus" stateholders shuite we re subjected to,

Bring back MATRONS ,no really.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The NHS in Wales on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 3633 viewspansypants

Get onto your MP.

And of course get well soon to her.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

The NHS in Wales on 10:05 - Jan 23 with 3615 viewswaynekerr55

The NHS in Wales on 09:48 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

Very best wishes to her. Your story is deeply depressing. Im old enough to remember when people were treated like human beings in hospitals not as
stats and you didn't come out in a worse state having left what is often an open sewer.

It aint the staff fault though but part of this appalling "customer focus" stateholders shuite we re subjected to,

Best wishes too. The NHS in it's present state is a joke - more interested in flow diagrams and hand outs than spening money on front line services

I went to Watford General for a fractured hand and spent ages giving pointless information and spent time staring at a flow diagram involving 20 people responsible for infection control.

It needs to be totally reformed from top to bottom

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The NHS in Wales on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 3610 viewsperchrockjack

I just pray my health holds as
Im not a very good patient

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The NHS in Wales on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 3587 viewsbuilthjack

The NHS in Wales on 09:48 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

They need to go back in order to go forward.
But with the cuts in Hospitals, Army, Police etc, the future looks bleak.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The NHS in Wales on 11:31 - Jan 23 with 3566 viewsMrSwansea

Haven't read the thread apart form the OP. I fell ill over last Xmas(2012). Nothing but excellent things to say about the NHS. Always slagged them off before being in hospital for a month myself. Nurses were great, didnt pander to people which upsets a lot of people but i found that great as im not one for being mothered!

A big well done to NHS from me.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

The NHS in Wales on 11:32 - Jan 23 with 3564 viewsMrSwansea

And yes i went in through A&E. Absolutely perfect.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

The NHS in Wales on 12:33 - Jan 23 with 3544 viewsFlashberryjack

The NHS in Wales on 10:44 - Jan 23 by builthjack

They need to go back in order to go forward.
But with the cuts in Hospitals, Army, Police etc, the future looks bleak.

Things will get better....just read that David cameron intends to pledge £12 billion a year for overseas development.

Sounds like a f*cking sick joke ? although not to the OP or his wife

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The NHS in Wales on 16:05 - Jan 23 with 3456 viewsCountyJim

Thats terrible hope everything works out

Trouble is these days someone gets a small cut lets pop down A&E the answer seems to be when in fact its for serious injures and life threatening conditions
The NHS in Wales on 18:04 - Jan 23 with 3416 viewsjack_lord

The NHS in Wales on 16:05 - Jan 23 by CountyJim

Thats terrible hope everything works out

Trouble is these days someone gets a small cut lets pop down A&E the answer seems to be when in fact its for serious injures and life threatening conditions

The BBC could help out with the public service announcements for this.

There are a number of minor injury units dotted around the place that people do not consider.

I think people have to realise that it isn't the 1960's any more and the modern NHS needs up to date solutions. Perhaps we should have a two tier NHS where we can pay through insurance contributions for the level one service :)

The NHS in Wales on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 3410 viewsCountyJim

The NHS in Wales on 18:04 - Jan 23 by jack_lord

The BBC could help out with the public service announcements for this.

There are a number of minor injury units dotted around the place that people do not consider.

I think people have to realise that it isn't the 1960's any more and the modern NHS needs up to date solutions. Perhaps we should have a two tier NHS where we can pay through insurance contributions for the level one service :)

My eldest Daughter is a Student nurse did a spell in A&E and said they get regulars come in two to three times a week and they cant be turned away its shocking im all for a free for all NHS but its time to bring in say a twenty quid fee per consultation at A&E if the Doctor thinks its a non emergency that would cut visits at a stroke
The NHS in Wales on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 3397 viewsCountyJim

Another thing as well with Companies cost cutting Occupational Health is an easy target more minor injuries from work are now being sent straight to A&E
The NHS in Wales on 19:10 - Jan 23 with 3375 viewsquiff

Part of the problem with the increase of numbers in A&E is down to the amount of walk in centres that have been closed down and the fiasco surrounding the alternative number (where it's active)

Not the thread for it, but I work with hospital staff, and spend a lot of time in hospitals in my job, and the pressures and cuts going on beggers belief.

Most importantly, hope your wife gets well soon!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 19:15]

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

The NHS in Wales on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 3356 viewsthe_oracle

Update wife , though still unwell is home. Thanks for the kind messages.

Further details of her stay include

No blankets on the ambulance, the St Johns staff had to use their overcoats to keep her warm. She was told a patient had died in the ambulance queue at Bridgend waiting to be admitted to AE

She was on a mixed ward. She woke this morning to an elderly gent with one leg sitting on the edge of his bed in badly stained underwear looking at her. Another patient with clear mental problems was asking other patients if they wanted a massage.

She was told by two members of staff that the only way we could help was to write to anyone and everyone to complain as loudly as possible.
The NHS in Wales on 19:32 - Jan 23 with 3348 viewsJackfath

The NHS in Wales on 19:28 - Jan 23 by the_oracle

Update wife , though still unwell is home. Thanks for the kind messages.

Further details of her stay include

No blankets on the ambulance, the St Johns staff had to use their overcoats to keep her warm. She was told a patient had died in the ambulance queue at Bridgend waiting to be admitted to AE

She was on a mixed ward. She woke this morning to an elderly gent with one leg sitting on the edge of his bed in badly stained underwear looking at her. Another patient with clear mental problems was asking other patients if they wanted a massage.

She was told by two members of staff that the only way we could help was to write to anyone and everyone to complain as loudly as possible.

I hope she recovers.

Sounds like the fella with one leg had done a dirty protest. Did the lady offering massages offer extras I wonder? Sounds like some great material there for a black comedy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024