Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we don't go down... 10:19 - Feb 6 with 2131 viewspremierjack

I hope Huw gets an experienced manager in and put Monk as number 2 to learn his trade for a while before hopefully being number 1. I think it's time for Curtis to step aside then!
If we don't go down... on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 1582 viewsDull1Thomas

It depends on how well we don't go down.
Scrape survival and a manager will be brought in (if one hasn't in the mean time).
Finish in our surest position or better and morally Monk should be given the job (bureaucracy allowing)

ps I've never thought we'd be relegated nor have I hoped we would like some who could then say I told you so.)
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 10:23]

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

If we don't go down... on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 1563 viewsepaul

I'm sure that any manager coming in would want to choose his own no2 rather than have a stipulation that Monk has to be his no2

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

If we don't go down... on 10:29 - Feb 6 with 1552 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 10:26 - Feb 6 by epaul

I'm sure that any manager coming in would want to choose his own no2 rather than have a stipulation that Monk has to be his no2

But would HJ appoint someone who didn't agree to those terms?
Curt and others have kept their posts with successive managers.

If we don't go down... on 10:29 - Feb 6 with 1544 viewsJACKARSE

If we don't go down... on 10:29 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

But would HJ appoint someone who didn't agree to those terms?
Curt and others have kept their posts with successive managers.

Exactly
If we don't go down... on 10:30 - Feb 6 with 1539 viewspremierjack

Depends on who it is and what Huw's conditions are!! I think Monk will bring enough to keep us up tho!
If we don't go down... on 10:31 - Feb 6 with 1535 views1983

2 Words

Shearer
Newcastle

If we don't go down... on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 1529 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 10:31 - Feb 6 by 1983

2 Words

Shearer
Newcastle

1 word

Depressing

If we don't go down... on 10:38 - Feb 6 with 1508 viewspremierjack

2 Words

Shearer
Newcastle

Hopefully Monk has a bit more to offer than that clueless prick
Login to get fewer ads

If we don't go down... on 10:40 - Feb 6 with 1495 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 10:38 - Feb 6 by premierjack

Hopefully Monk has a bit more to offer than that clueless prick

Unfortunately, until he has time to show his skills, we don't know.

If we don't go down... on 10:42 - Feb 6 with 1478 viewsDr_Winston

What will be interesting is if Monk doesn't do so well in this spell, reverts to coaching behind someone else, then is mooted as a candidate the next time we need a manager.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we don't go down... on 10:44 - Feb 6 with 1469 viewsraynor94

2 Words

Shearer
Newcastle

1 word

Brain

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we don't go down... on 10:46 - Feb 6 with 1456 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we don't go down... on 10:42 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

What will be interesting is if Monk doesn't do so well in this spell, reverts to coaching behind someone else, then is mooted as a candidate the next time we need a manager.

That will be interesting.

Our problem is that we can't afford a dodgy spell from Monk - it will result in relegation. We need experience in the dugout ASAP in my opinion even if that is someone like Hoddle alongside Monk on a short-term contract until the end of the season.

Or preferably if Bielsa is available get him in now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we don't go down... on 10:47 - Feb 6 with 1453 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 10:42 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

That would make sense as it would give him an sort of apprenticeship .. let's face it how many of us who have thought we could do a better job than the boss and when given the chance realise it's 'kin harder than we thought.

If we don't go down... on 10:48 - Feb 6 with 1449 viewsCatullus

If we don't go down... on 10:22 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

It depends on how well we don't go down.
Scrape survival and a manager will be brought in (if one hasn't in the mean time).
Finish in our surest position or better and morally Monk should be given the job (bureaucracy allowing)

ps I've never thought we'd be relegated nor have I hoped we would like some who could then say I told you so.)
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 10:23]

Do you honestly think anyone wanted us relegated? because if you do......I'll leave that there as I have been preaching recently to stop the abuse and for us all to be together!!

I do agree it depends on how we do. If we go a great run now and stay up comfortably with performances back to what we know we are capable of, maybe he should get the job. I'm glad it's not my call to be honest. It is such a hard one and I doubt if HJ can win, he's damned either way unless we succeed! And if we stay up, he brings in a new face and we go downhill next season he's also damned! It's a thankless task and that's the problem with being in the Premier league. he had so much more leeway when we were league 2 and expectations were much lower.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If we don't go down... on 10:53 - Feb 6 with 1420 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 10:48 - Feb 6 by Catullus

Do you honestly think anyone wanted us relegated? because if you do......I'll leave that there as I have been preaching recently to stop the abuse and for us all to be together!!

I do agree it depends on how we do. If we go a great run now and stay up comfortably with performances back to what we know we are capable of, maybe he should get the job. I'm glad it's not my call to be honest. It is such a hard one and I doubt if HJ can win, he's damned either way unless we succeed! And if we stay up, he brings in a new face and we go downhill next season he's also damned! It's a thankless task and that's the problem with being in the Premier league. he had so much more leeway when we were league 2 and expectations were much lower.

I genuinely believe we have some twisted individual who would have taken great pleasure in being 'proven right'.

If we don't go down... on 11:10 - Feb 6 with 1381 viewsCatullus

If we don't go down... on 10:53 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

I genuinely believe we have some twisted individual who would have taken great pleasure in being 'proven right'.

Thank you. I'll have to disagree. But then there was someone who said they preferred the Championship. And in some ways I enjoyed the football more than I do now. But a lot of that is to do with my age, my ill health and my financial situation!!
I never wanted us relegated though when I first argued we were in a relegation battle you'd have thought that's what I said by people's reaction!!
Staying up is vital for our short term plans. I believe there are only three long term plans, in no particular order,
1/ To keep the club financially viable
2/ To grow the club
3/ to do as well as we can within our financial constraints
Relegation wouldn't have been nice but nowhere near the disaster it was last time we dropped out of the top flight.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If we don't go down... on 11:13 - Feb 6 with 1373 viewsDull1Thomas

If we don't go down... on 11:10 - Feb 6 by Catullus

Thank you. I'll have to disagree. But then there was someone who said they preferred the Championship. And in some ways I enjoyed the football more than I do now. But a lot of that is to do with my age, my ill health and my financial situation!!
I never wanted us relegated though when I first argued we were in a relegation battle you'd have thought that's what I said by people's reaction!!
Staying up is vital for our short term plans. I believe there are only three long term plans, in no particular order,
1/ To keep the club financially viable
2/ To grow the club
3/ to do as well as we can within our financial constraints
Relegation wouldn't have been nice but nowhere near the disaster it was last time we dropped out of the top flight.

Different standpoints different views .. that's all.

If we don't go down... on 11:17 - Feb 6 with 1363 viewsOldjack

Why can't Monk have the job permanently if he should comfortable steer us to safety ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

If we don't go down... on 11:27 - Feb 6 with 1325 views1983

If we don't go down... on 11:17 - Feb 6 by Oldjack

Why can't Monk have the job permanently if he should comfortable steer us to safety ?

Why cant Laudrup?

If we don't go down... on 11:28 - Feb 6 with 1322 viewsyescomeon

I'm pretty confident in Monk as a coach. If he were to get the job full time I'd be a little worried about recruitment.

Upthecity!

If we don't go down... on 11:30 - Feb 6 with 1318 viewsOldjack

If we don't go down... on 11:27 - Feb 6 by 1983

Why cant Laudrup?

because he's not here, now stop talking wet mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

If we don't go down... on 11:40 - Feb 6 with 1291 viewsBackHeel

If we don't go down... on 10:40 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

Unfortunately, until he has time to show his skills, we don't know.

well we can listen to those that know him, like Martinez and Brendad, perosnally I'm happy to back the Monk era and am more interested in what assistants he brings in
If we don't go down... on 11:44 - Feb 6 with 1281 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-icon-leig

If we don't go down... on 11:45 - Feb 6 with 1272 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we don't go down... on 11:44 - Feb 6 by Oldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-icon-leig

Oh sh1t.

Leighton thinks Monk is a good idea.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we don't go down... on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 1261 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am with Oldjack on this one. Whilst I am massively concerned about this appointment I would say GM must be kept on if he does well. It is the short term that is frightening the Hell out of me. This is very big gamble with our Premiership future

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024