Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferrie Bodde 01:42 - Feb 14 with 7666 viewsJack_The_Groove

Looks like our Ferrie has packed in his playing career and is now trying his hand at coaching. He's been appointed the head coach of amateur Dutch side sv Wateringse Veld.

Good luck Ferrie - you will always be a legend to Swansea fans.

http://www.svwateringseveld.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2226

Poll: Who do you dislike more

Ferrie Bodde on 02:50 - Feb 14 with 5064 viewsParlay

Best of luck to him, but he is not a legend.

He did his best to force a move away and sulked because he couldn't go in the cheap, we spent an absolute fortune in his medical fees and was still trying to dictate where he had his treatment so he could be in Holland and still picking up his pay.

Good player, waste of talent through his injury.... But hes no Swansea legend.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ferrie Bodde on 05:30 - Feb 14 with 4984 viewsDr_Winston

Ferrie Bodde on 02:50 - Feb 14 by Parlay

He did his best to force a move away and sulked because he couldn't go in the cheap, we spent an absolute fortune in his medical fees and was still trying to dictate where he had his treatment so he could be in Holland and still picking up his pay.

Spot on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ferrie Bodde on 05:47 - Feb 14 with 4970 viewsRancid

Ferrie Bodde on 05:30 - Feb 14 by Dr_Winston

Spot on.

Aye I'll go with that as well.Very good player but didn't get to show it enough down here and especially in the higher leagues.Shame really as I think he could have been PL quality if he'd stayed injury free.
Ferrie Bodde on 06:55 - Feb 14 with 4884 viewslatchford

Ok maybe he didn't play enough to be classed as a legend.
Was certainly one of the best players I saw here and was a hard bastard.
A cult hero!
Ferrie Bodde on 07:06 - Feb 14 with 4854 viewsangryjack

money we spent on his injuries would have been claimed back through insurance.great player he was
Ferrie Bodde on 07:20 - Feb 14 with 4813 viewsTheFranchise

Head and shoulders above everyone at the time, could arguably still be in our side now.

Shame he didn't get surgery in america, he could still be playing now.
Ferrie Bodde on 07:38 - Feb 14 with 4746 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ferrie Bodde on 07:20 - Feb 14 by TheFranchise

Head and shoulders above everyone at the time, could arguably still be in our side now.

And there is the flaw. Steadman would have sorted him out but Ferrie insisted and made the wrong call. A great player for us in league one and Championship(briefly) and it would have been interesting to see if he could have made an impression on the PL.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ferrie Bodde on 07:45 - Feb 14 with 4730 viewsDr_Winston

Ferrie Bodde on 07:38 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

And there is the flaw. Steadman would have sorted him out but Ferrie insisted and made the wrong call. A great player for us in league one and Championship(briefly) and it would have been interesting to see if he could have made an impression on the PL.

Bodde shouldn't have been in a position to "insist".

He was under contract to us and we were paying for treatment. Should have gone where we told him to. The club indulged him a hell of a lot over that period.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ferrie Bodde on 07:59 - Feb 14 with 4684 viewsjacksinceever

Ferrie Bodde on 06:55 - Feb 14 by latchford

Ok maybe he didn't play enough to be classed as a legend.
Was certainly one of the best players I saw here and was a hard bastard.
A cult hero!

I have to ask. how long you been watching Swans (and football for that matter?)
If it's only a few years then I'll say no more. However if you've have watched since 1970's then Curtis, Robbie James, Ante Rajkovic, and countless others are way better players.
As for hard, then Tommy Smith, Ante, and many others would have eaten Ferrie for breakfast. That's without looking at opposition players.
Ferrie Bodde on 08:11 - Feb 14 with 4642 viewsRancid

I never did understand the hardman tag either.Same goes for Chico Flores who someone on this thread had it in his signature that he was harder than Ferrie Bodde.
Ferrie Bodde on 08:13 - Feb 14 with 4631 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Possibly in our top 5 midfielders to play for the club .

Would have been a legend .

Although some band the the term legend around at players who played for us who were average at best .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ferrie Bodde on 08:19 - Feb 14 with 4602 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ferrie Bodde on 08:11 - Feb 14 by Rancid

I never did understand the hardman tag either.Same goes for Chico Flores who someone on this thread had it in his signature that he was harder than Ferrie Bodde.

I reckon Monk is harder than Bodde ever was

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ferrie Bodde on 08:21 - Feb 14 with 4592 viewsRancid

Ferrie Bodde on 08:19 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I reckon Monk is harder than Bodde ever was

Every day of the week, Brynster.Ferrie was a ickle bit dirty and not hard imo.
Ferrie Bodde on 08:49 - Feb 14 with 4490 viewslatchford

Ferrie Bodde on 07:59 - Feb 14 by jacksinceever

If it's only a few years then I'll say no more. However if you've have watched since 1970's then Curtis, Robbie James, Ante Rajkovic, and countless others are way better players.
As for hard, then Tommy Smith, Ante, and many others would have eaten Ferrie for breakfast. That's without looking at opposition players.

About 35 years. Do I have to have watched football for a certain amount of time before I can have an opinion? Football is a very different game now to the seventies so don't give me all that shit about tommy smith. He wouldn't have lasted ten minutes on the pitch in the modern game.
Ferrie Bodde on 09:08 - Feb 14 with 4414 viewsgosfordjack

If you can spot a talented midfielder, this guy was one of the best I have seen in a Swans shirt. I have watched Swans since 1970 and Ferrie is up there with the best.
I imagine what it could have been, if he was fit and with us now, to pick a pass and lay it on a sixpence, was a joy to watch. Jason Scotland scored some crackers from Ferrie sublime passes. Best of luck Ferrie you deserve the opportunity.
Ferrie Bodde on 09:26 - Feb 14 with 4353 viewsWhiterockin

Ferrie Bodde on 09:08 - Feb 14 by gosfordjack

If you can spot a talented midfielder, this guy was one of the best I have seen in a Swans shirt. I have watched Swans since 1970 and Ferrie is up there with the best.
I imagine what it could have been, if he was fit and with us now, to pick a pass and lay it on a sixpence, was a joy to watch. Jason Scotland scored some crackers from Ferrie sublime passes. Best of luck Ferrie you deserve the opportunity.

!00% correct. I too have been watching from the late 60's (not that lenth of time really matters but is a obsession with some). I saw Bodde for the first time in a friendly at Llandarcy and from day one said that he was quality. As you say he could pick a pass that we could see in the stands and very few do on the pitch, some of his goals were something others could only dream of. He had vision and an edge, could stand his ground and motivated the midfield if not the whole team. Yes he was one of the best midfielder's I have ever seen in a Swansea shirt and could easily gone on to be the best.

Good luck "Evil Genius" and thanks for some wonderful memories.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ferrie Bodde on 09:29 - Feb 14 with 4341 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ferrie Bodde on 09:26 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

!00% correct. I too have been watching from the late 60's (not that lenth of time really matters but is a obsession with some). I saw Bodde for the first time in a friendly at Llandarcy and from day one said that he was quality. As you say he could pick a pass that we could see in the stands and very few do on the pitch, some of his goals were something others could only dream of. He had vision and an edge, could stand his ground and motivated the midfield if not the whole team. Yes he was one of the best midfielder's I have ever seen in a Swansea shirt and could easily gone on to be the best.

Good luck "Evil Genius" and thanks for some wonderful memories.

Absolutely .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ferrie Bodde on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 4297 viewsScoobyWho

Brilliant, at last someone not afraid to say what they are thinking. Absolutely spot on.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ferrie Bodde on 10:19 - Feb 14 with 4175 viewsAnotherJohn

Ferrie Bodde on 07:20 - Feb 14 by TheFranchise

It doesn't seem that Ferrie himself helped his prognosis with his wish for treatment near home. But isn't it the case that the latest injury was on the 'good' knee. Thus even if he had the original problem sorted out more quickly that would not have prevented the career-ending injury.
Ferrie Bodde on 10:43 - Feb 14 with 4093 viewsUxbridge

The fawning over him at Neath when he finally deemed us worthy of his services was not particularly enjoyable, but then he's not the first Swans midfield "legend" to muck us around in contract talks eh

Helluva player. Who knows what level he could have reached. Far from convinced he'd make our current squad but far too good for the level we were at, and sad to see his career end like that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ferrie Bodde on 11:39 - Feb 14 with 4010 viewsFlashberryjack

Ferrie Bodde on 07:59 - Feb 14 by jacksinceever

I agree with the poster saying Bodde was a hard b*stard.
But not in the same league as Ante Rajkovic.... my favorite Swans defender of all time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ferrie Bodde on 11:52 - Feb 14 with 3981 viewsLeonisGod

Ferrie Bodde on 08:13 - Feb 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Possibly in our top 5 midfielders to play for the club .

Would have been a legend .

Although some band the the term legend around at players who played for us who were average at best .

He'd struggle to make it into the top 5 of our current batch. Good player yes. Had the potential to be a very good player, but we shall never know.
Ferrie Bodde on 11:56 - Feb 14 with 3969 viewsDarran

Ferrie Bodde on 11:52 - Feb 14 by LeonisGod

He'd struggle to make it into the top 5 of our current batch. Good player yes. Had the potential to be a very good player, but we shall never know.

Would he f*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ferrie Bodde on 12:06 - Feb 14 with 3942 viewsGriffting

This thread just rekindles my hatred for Lee Carsley
Ferrie Bodde on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 3849 viewsWhiterockin

Ferrie Bodde on 11:39 - Feb 14 by Flashberryjack

I agree with the poster saying Bodde was a hard b*stard.
But not in the same league as Ante Rajkovic.... my favorite Swans defender of all time.

Bodde was not a defender.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024